Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Space Ship in China?

rhyknow

Hi gang... I found this link to Google maps... My question is: what the heck is that huge white thing? Some sorta shuttle?

Chinese space ship?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Waspie_Dwarf

• rhyknow

• A+Certified

• The Silver Thong

well I don't know about a space ship I am thinking it's a rather cool building :tu:

Well unless the Chinese are in the habit of building huge space shuttles on the water front in Hong Kong (one of the most densely populated places on Earth) I would say common sense should tell you that this is a building.

Well unless the Chinese are in the habit of building huge space shuttles on the water front in Hong Kong (one of the most densely populated places on Earth) I would say common sense should tell you that this is a building.

It just looks so damn weird! hmmm

Or very clever photoshopping

its not photoshopping, becuase its a map on google maps. they dont photoshop.

im sure its just a cool building

just cool architecture like what raptor said :/

That in hong kong or china?

Cause i think hong kong has a building that may look like that from the top and its been there for a while

As it is now well established that this is a building maybe it is time to let this thread die a natural death.

As it is now well established that this is a building maybe it is time to let this thread die a natural death.

Would be cool if it was a space shuttle though ;)

I wonder what the building is for? It might be an art building, or a science museum or something.

It is a Mass Transit Railway station with a shopping plaza located above. It is built on the former site of the British "Admiralty Dock".

Sources: Wikipedia, Hong Kong Street Map

I've said it before, is there really any reason to keep this thread going?

it looks alittle like the sydney opera house from a birds eye view, lol

• 11 months later...
It is a Mass Transit Railway station with a shopping plaza located above. It is built on the former site of the British "Admiralty Dock".

Sources: Wikipedia, Hong Kong Street Map

I've said it before, is there really any reason to keep this thread going?

Yes, because you're wrong.

It's the HONG KONG CONVENTION AND EXHIBITION CENTRE, located in Wan Chai, which is just about half a mile away from Admiralty. The closest MTR exit is at least 500 yards away.

Either way, it's not a spaceship although it does look rather strange from bird's eye. The person who said it resembles the Sydney Opera House was spot on; it sort of does.

Here's a pic:

linked-image

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
reduced size of picture as it was distorting the page.

Yes, because you're wrong.

I may have been wrong in the specifics but the point that it is just a building still stands. Was there really any need to resurrect what was a rather pointless thread in the first place and one that had died a natural death nearly year ago?

As it is now more than adequately established that this object is a building (and indeed which building it is) I am going to close this thread so that it doesn't return to haunt us in another 11 months.