Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Telekinesis

blieve

Dude, what the HELL? I did give you a straight answer! You are asking me to stick to the subject. What subject? The only friggin subject I ever brought up was YOU. Then when I say something true and honest, you tell me I'm playing with words.

What the hell do you want me to give you a straight answer on? I pointed out everything I talked about and why. What more do you want? I've never discussed wether telekinesis was real or not, I simply discussed why I thought you were being pseudo-skeptic.

Bio-mage states - I meant since I said you are not sticking to THE SUBJECT. As this forum is not called Bio-Mage Mysteries, you are making a mockery of yourself not being able to provide me with a straight answer on the matter at hand.

I think what Bio is trying to tell you Zero is your discussion to begin with was about him, being a pseudo-skeptic which is off topic and the subject being Tk!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virtual Particle

• blieve

• Ness of Psionix

• Silentom

blieve states...

What is constant questioning going to do? Questioning someone on the internet that you don't know/can't moniter their actions will do nothing. That will only cause more arguments. No matter what happens you probably aren't going to believe it. Some say to post videos so some of us do. Afterwards many people just say something like it was rigged or computer generated.

A question that comes to mind is what; given the inherent restriction of the internet can a person actually prove about himself or herself?? Think about it can a person really prove

anything? Say for example a member at UM states his name is Sam Smith, so how exactly can he provide evidence to that effect? Any imagery (pics) such as a that of a birth certificate, passport, drivers license, voters registration card (and so on....),can be dismissed as fakes (and pics of oneself are of course meaningless). Literally, a person, in order to prove his or her identity would have to subject themselves willingly to identity theft, actually providing credit card numbers and Social security numbers, so that other members could purchase goods in his name (then again maybe he is actually an identity thief who stole Sam Smiths private data :unsure2: . Even telling us to access the local phone company listing (taking into consideration that Sam is listed in the phone book as Sam Smith) is still not real proof of who he actually is. Perhaps he is giving you the information of Sam Smith despite the fact he is in actuality someone else. :rofl

Reasonably speaking, when you walk into an establishment and are required to produce identification, this in reality, does not constitute absolute proof of who you are. The only absolute proof that exist would of course be a DNA test., and even then, it can be claimed that perhaps, the person was switched at birth :blink: or, that the company who ran the DNA test was either biased, or did not run the test correctly (who knows right??) or, that this person who claims to be Sam Smith is actually testing technology, which allows him to fake his identity. :o

Ultimate, it can be claimed that Sam Smiths assertion that he is in actuality Sam Smith, is absurd and while he may want to be Sam Smith he is in fact deluded, his behavior, the result of an inverse reaction to who he really is :D;)

A common pseudo-skeptical technique is in relation to "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence," and in the case of what some of the skeptics in this forum are

insisting believers provide (proof), the least they can do, is state, what to them would be proof :tu: that would be realistic given the medium (internet).

Otherwise they are in fact pseudo-skeptics....... :yes:

See link

Any thoughts?

Edited by Triad

I dont try telekinesis much but when i do i use this method/advise. I got it from this site but im not sure the exact thread. I hope it helps.

"You practicly have to forget about everything you know about the laws of physics and see it rather from a new perspective. Just imagine the world and yourself as nothing but energy. You being nothing more different then the spoon, sodacan, pencil, etc because you are all energy. Just realize that you yourself are a physical projection of your energy and so is the object your concentrating at. Realize that the whole purpose of the physical aspect of the object is to send your brain a message that its physical pressence is there only so you don't collide with the object or merge by accident with its energy. When you looks at the object just realize how silly the physical border is and forget that it even applies to you. Just feel and see the energy that makes up the object and the pull or push it naturually in the direction you think it should go. This will work like a charm if you keep believing that it is perfectly naturual and possible."

Why does every one bring the laws of physics in to this? Nothing in the laws of physics say energy can’t be generated and dispelled if any thing it says it can it never says how its suppose to be made or how it can’t be made or even where it can’t be made. The laws actually say that physical energy is projected in every aspect of life whether its gravity or a moving wheel. The main point the laws where made was to explain the order of physics.

Are we STILL bickering back and forth about unsubstantiated theories?

I think what Bio is trying to tell you Zero is your discussion to begin with was about him, being a pseudo-skeptic which is off topic and the subject being Tk!

Thanks...at least someone is paying attention here...

So all the claims made by the Buddhist, Moslems and Christians about Buddha, Mohamed and Jesus Christ has nothing to do with the world as we know it. thumbdown.gif Lets see, walking through walls, moving mountains and raising the dead is not believed as having occurred by pretty much 95% of the worlds population?? no.gif I am not the one playing words games here Bio-Mage you are and as far as proof; as I made clear, providing proof, is something, that is dependent upon, whom one is providing proof to. So, the question which has been repeated sufficiently is valid, reasonable and within the norm, with respect, to reasonable discourse. It is apparently your desire to be unreasonable as is it obvious that, you are either incapable (or unwilling to admit it), unable (some mental incapacity) or refusing (a pseudo skeptic or an internet troll) to provide a reasonable response.

I am pretty sure that all the "miracles" you refer to are a subject of belief from cultural lore and carry no substantial weight in this argument.

I myself have taken the first step and this being, providing for a requirement, you yourself introduced to me as significant. This (of course) being, data, regarding paranormal experiences presented in what is acknowledged as a mainstream scientific journal. Foundations of Physics is a Mainstream Scientific Journal whose reputation is beyond reproach and in fact its editing staff contains several Nobel laureates.

So the bottom line here, is there is no way, that this meta-analysis could have not been significant in every respect, your claim that it is not is, for lack of a better term wacko.gif

You may sincerely feel you have a point Bio-Mage but to be honest thumbdown.gif

The journal and its reviewers only support the science but that does not give any significance to the results. The discussion of this research is conjecture and personal opinion. I am pretty sure none won a Nobel for this paper yes? (shows in fact how significant it is too :))

The reality of the situation is this Bio-Mage, unless you are prepared to provide me with a document which debunks the Radin Meta-Analysis, offered in a Mainstream Scientific Journal, which is equivalent in stature to Foundations of Physics. In that, it also contains

Editors, which are Nobel Laureates (forget Nature, comparing that to Foundations of Physics is like comparing Einstein to a high school physics professor) and are prepared to present there data; in manner consistent with the Radin Meta Analysis (in other words and for example, formatted as a scientific experiment which applied the scientific method) your point is no longer a valid consideration. thumbsup.gif

Forget the Skeptics Website Bio-Mage as here is an example of there one and only effort to engage in such an attempt......

The document had legitimate references. You can either debate impact factors for journals or accept the fact that not everything is as "significant" as you think...

What is constant questioning going to do? Questioning someone on the internet that you don't know/can't moniter their actions will do nothing. That will only cause more arguments. No matter what happens you probably aren't going to believe it. Some say to post videos so some of us do. Afterwards many people just say something like it was rigged or computer generated.

I already covered this point. The proof needs to be submitted to the appropriate authorities ie a research institute of some kind for consideration and possible verification. In the meantime, if you have a theory yourself as to why you think its possible, then post it here by all means. Just make sure you dont make it sound like the latest final fantasy game...

Reasonably speaking, when you walk into an establishment and are required to produce identification, this in reality, does not constitute absolute proof of who you are. The only absolute proof that exist would of course be a DNA test., and even then, it can be claimed that perhaps, the person was switched at birth blink.gif or, that the company who ran the DNA test was either biased, or did not run the test correctly (who knows right??) or, that this person who claims to be Sam Smith is actually testing technology, which allows him to fake his identity. ohmy.gif

Quite frankly a lot of people are getting media coverage and they have no scientific backup whatsoever. They even persist when they are wrong (Sylvia Brown anyone)? Again you are looking to argue on a philosophical level about this suggestion when in reality you are aware of the option but intimidated by the prospects. All I ask is that someone performs a psychic feat (consistently) under controlled conditions that we can actually acknowledge. I believe any logical individual will know what I mean by this.

Ultimate, it can be claimed that Sam Smiths assertion that he is in actuality Sam Smith, is absurd and while he may want to be Sam Smith he is in fact deluded, his behavior, the result of an inverse reaction to who he really is grin2.gif wink2.gif

I still like the chewbacca argument on Southpark better than yours....it also makes more sense :P

A common pseudo-skeptical technique is in relation to "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence," and in the case of what some of the skeptics in this forum are

insisting believers provide (proof), the least they can do, is state, what to them would be proof thumbsup.gif that would be realistic given the medium (internet).

Well providing proof is not a "technique" but the foundation of our scientific progress. If you have grievances with the way the world operates, then perhaps buy a deserted island and live on it.

Why does every one bring the laws of physics in to this? Nothing in the laws of physics say energy can’t be generated and dispelled if any thing it says it can it never says how its suppose to be made or how it can’t be made or even where it can’t be made. The laws actually say that physical energy is projected in every aspect of life whether its gravity or a moving wheel. The main point the laws where made was to explain the order of physics.

Because its how we understand the mechanics of the world. Its a context used to satisfy our perceptional and mental capabilities. A reference point if you like :)

Edited by Bio-Mage

Knightmeir states....

Are we STILL bickering back and forth about unsubstantiated theories?

Yes the unsubstantiated theories that telekinesis is not valid :tu:

Bio-Mage states....

I am pretty sure that all the "miracles" you refer to are a subject of belief from cultural lore and carry no substantial weight in this argument.

Why would they not carry substantive weight in this discussion each of these prophets definitively was described as having telekinetic ability ??

The journal and its reviewers only support the science but that does not give any significance to the results. The discussion of this research is conjecture and personal opinion. I am pretty sure none won a Nobel for this paper yes? (shows in fact how significant it is too )

The research is valid in respect to the methodology, protocols and strict adherence to the scientific method. Any discussion in respect to valid experiments (such as this one) is in reality conjecture, but the fact remains the experiment worked. In other words the phenomenon exists it can be quantitatively observed and it involved action at a distance.

The document had legitimate references. You can either debate impact factors for journals or accept the fact that not everything is as "significant" as you think...

A member of CSICOP and another believed to be a PEAR staff member does not make for a critical or even a credible response. Bio you need to do better than this did you not look at the link I attached in relation to the "Mars effect"? Hyman was involved in that research and if any thing you just lost some points with respect to presenting objective analysis :P

Quite frankly a lot of people are getting media coverage and they have no scientific backup whatsoever. They even persist when they are wrong (Sylvia Brown anyone)? Again you are looking to argue on a philosophical level about this suggestion when in reality you are aware of the option but intimidated by the prospects. All I ask is that someone performs a psychic feat (consistently) under controlled conditions that we can actually acknowledge. I believe any logical individual will know what I mean by this.

Sure let talk logic...logic dictates that in any discussion certain things have to be taken for granted. In this forum we know one thing for certain; each of us are individuals, who have access to a computer and also the internet. So what else can we agree upon and in relation to what would constitute proof is the question??? Controlled conditions that we can actually acknowledge apparently in your opinion do not include (despite your earlier contentions) experimental evidence presented in a mainstream scientific journal (albeit edited by Nobel laureates). So what exactly does constitute evidence from your perspective??? God Almighty opening the doors to hell and sending those who do not accept Kazuma’s claim?? Seriously Bio-Mage this has all become so unrealistic it is apparent Pseudo skepticism is actually definitive of what some skeptics (including you) really are.

I still like the Chewbacca argument on South Park better than yours....it also makes more sense

Please present proof of you claim to be......

Well providing proof is not a "technique" but the foundation of our scientific progress. If you have grievances with the way the world operates, then perhaps buy a deserted island and live on it.

Bio-mage this is a discussion forum and in relation to that, if the actual "world," operated with the same restrictions, an internet forum operated on, nothing would actually get done (that is your only real function is it not :yes: )

This response of yours is definitive of a pathology one which interferes with your ability to discuss reality in a consistent way. If evidence is what you want get of your laurels and you will find it.....In general Bio-Mage, it is what you did not respond to that is much more interesting than what you did and your biggest mistake, was in citing CSICOP's. Take the time to read about the Mars effect and you will understand what I mean.

As always......

Any thoughts?

Edited by Triad

Why would they not carry substantive weight in this discussion each of these prophets definitively was described as having telekinetic ability ??

Because pigs fly in stories...

The research is valid in respect to the methodology, protocols and strict adherence to the scientific method. Any discussion in respect to valid experiments (such as this one) is in reality conjecture, but the fact remains the experiment worked. In other words the phenomenon exists it can be quantitatively observed and it involved action at a distance.

The experiment shows a deviation from "expected" random patterns. Still it was nothing spectacular nor does it prove telekinesis in any way. I still find this to be a case of interference rather than anything else.

A member of CSICOP and another believed to be a PEAR staff member does not make for a critical or even a credible response. Bio you need to do better than this did you not look at the link I attached in relation to the "Mars effect"? Hyman was involved in that research and if any thing you just lost some points with respect to presenting objective analysis tongue.gif

So you want to tell me that people who actually WORKED for parapsychology departments and the experiment itself are not valid sources? I swear you went to a great deal of trouble on that earlier post explaining how "eminent" PEAR people are...

Sure let talk logic...logic dictates that in any discussion certain things have to be taken for granted. In this forum we know one thing for certain; each of us are individuals, who have access to a computer and also the internet. So what else can we agree upon and in relation to what would constitute proof is the question??? Controlled conditions that we can actually acknowledge apparently in your opinion do not include (despite your earlier contentions) experimental evidence presented in a mainstream scientific journal (albeit edited by Nobel laureates). So what exactly does constitute evidence from your perspective??? God Almighty opening the doors to hell and sending those who do not accept Kazuma’s claim?? Seriously Bio-Mage this has all become so unrealistic it is apparent Pseudo skepticism is actually definitive of what some skeptics (including you) really are.

Its a wasted effort to explain since your mind is made up. To prove something besides the point does not prove the point. They have shown random numbers changing (still not sure if its down to the subjects however) but not anyone lifting cars with their mind. If that point escapes you (and evidently it does) I see no need to further this argument at all.

Please present proof of you claim to be......

Watch some southpark man and chill out. Its the episode about Elton John I think called Chef Aid if memory serves. Watch it and then read your reply :tu:

Bio-mage this is a discussion forum and in relation to that, if the actual "world," operated with the same restrictions, an internet forum operated on, nothing would actually get done (that is your only real function is it not yes.gif )

This response of yours is definitive of a pathology one which interferes with your ability to discuss reality in a consistent way. If evidence is what you want get of your laurels and you will find it.....In general Bio-Mage, it is what you did not respond to that is much more interesting than what you did and your biggest mistake, was in citing CSICOP's. Take the time to read about the Mars effect and you will understand what I mean.

Your efforts to make use of your psychology degree show that you have no understanding of human behaviour past the literature syndromes. . Perhaps if you took the time to look at yourself once in while, you may find out what that means. Everyone makes mistake Triad...even you ;)

Ok -

I actually have a cup of coffee and read through all of this.

Theory is fine - but theories do not make facts or realities. They just make for great dialog, which is fine, hey I love a great dialog as much as the next guy! :yes:

But on the topic of TK.

It is funny that with the people that I have had tell me "I can move a pencil!", "I can move a paper napkin!" etc - it is NEVER reproduced except w/these exceptions.

a.) The table was not level to begin with and the pencil ALWAYS rolled the same direction - guess which way?

b.) Could not be done with the card table I brought - HAD to be done with their table?

c.) With the table that they were moving their foot slightly - (told not away they did that, nervious habit) - whick ok, I accepted, I do that too at times, but the motion with a table not level - well you get it.

d.) Their friends as witness - can NEVER look me in the eye, not each other for that matter when they tell me, "ya so-and-so, did move .." (stated object).

e.) The room that was used had a small/slight draft and guess which way the object light enough to be moved by the draft moved?

I'm not a 'de-bunker' - as I have stated on other threads, I have witnessed valid Psi abilitie. I have just found through the past 20 years that there are few claims that are Objective Reality. (I hate the term psychic, so will not use it, except with fruads like SB, JE and Miss C. They've earned and deserve the title.) :yes:

Baiscally as I have begun to see - a lot of supposed Psi claims are very very subjective and not even close to Objective - what I mean:

I call it Subjective Reality -vs- Objective Reality:

SUBJECTIVE:

a. Proceeding from or taking place in a person's mind rather than the external world: a subjective decision. b. Particular to a given person; personal: subjective experience.

Moodily introspective.

Existing only in the mind; illusory.

Psychology Existing only within the experiencer's mind.

OBJECTIVE:

Of or having to do with a material object.

Having actual existence or reality.

a. Uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices: an objective critic. See Synonyms at fair1. b. Based on observable phenomena; presented factually: an objective appraisal.

b. Something that actually exists.

REAL:

1. Having verifiable existence:

concrete, objective, substantial, substantive, tangible.

See real. -vs- Imaginary.

Thoughts?

J - :ph34r:

Bio Mage states....

Because pigs fly in stories...

So you’re suggesting that every effort presented in relation to the rather unique capabilities of 3 individuals (Buddha. Jesus Christ and Mohamed) are the result of overactive imaginations?

The experiment shows a deviation from "expected" random patterns. Still it was nothing spectacular nor does it prove telekinesis in any way. I still find this to be a case of interference rather than anything else.

The Meta analysis establishes that beyond doubt the chance that it is a result of interference in 1 in 10 to the power of 35. Are you suggesting that statistics in an

invalid form of mathematics, certainly if that is the case your in the wrong place in

relation to discussing what you really want to discuss. My point is simple you insisted upon valid data from a mainstream scientific journal that includes overriding a chance of influence by chance and or interference that has been provided and your response is inadequate. Bio-Mage lets get something strait I really am what I claim to be

cut the baloney friend it is not getting you anywhere.

So you want to tell me that people who actually WORKED for parapsychology departments and the experiment itself are not valid sources? I swear you went to a great deal of trouble on that earlier post explaining how "eminent" PEAR people are...

The fact the term beleived exist in the comment indicates doubt over the idea it is a fact. If this individual actually worked for PEAR he would have pay stubs, which in fact would have resolved any doubt. What I said was that Foundations of Physics Journal is eminent and under no circumstances would the Radin meta-analysis (1989) be presented in that Journal unless there was no doubt as to its validity.

Watch some south park man and chill out. It’s the episode about Elton John I think called Chef Aid if memory serves. Watch it and then read your reply

You wanted an argument, guess what, you have one and pound for pound (in respect to education), you and I are pretty much equals. I think you have me confused with someone else, facts are facts, the internet is not an environment where proof of claims, related to personal experiences, can be authenticated. Personally, I think you need to chill out and would cite our initial conversations.

Your efforts to make use of your psychology degree show that you have no understanding of human behavior past the literature syndromes. . Perhaps, if you took the time to look at yourself once in while, you may find out what that means. Everyone makes mistake Triad...even you

Bio-mage at 44 years old I am well past literature syndromes, as an example, I currently define psychosis from the context of what society required; prior to industrialization, bipolar disorder today, as defined, fulfilled social needs, in respect, to people capable of working 18hrs a day (life expectancy was below 50 in those days a common onset for the depressive phase of Bipolar disorder today is about 37 years old). Sociopaths who are not as numerous, the result, of a time in history, when killing without regard, was considered a positive trait (Romans and so on).

True perfection cannot exist without the imperfect, as without it, perfection, cannot be defined as real. The most recent mistake, as it was suggested, I was making, Bio-mage, is one you would fear .....lets stick to the topic (unless you are prepared to begin a new one).

By the way, heard today that an airplane, had been hijacked in Greece by a person who had problems with what the Pope said recently about Mohamed. The plane, was on its way to Italy, but after the initial comment nothing was heard. Do you no anything more about such an event????????

Jjbreen it sounds like you should try to look carefully, at the real psi events you have observed objectively and get past the idea, that fraud, is simply relegated to the vocation in question.

Any thoughts?

PS: Bio-Mage, take into consideration, that as of yet, you have failed to respond

to the question made clear… what to you, would be considered proof of the paranormal given the inherent restrictions in the internet???? Bio-Mage, beyond this response, things get much, much, more complicated (for you)..... :tu:

Edited by Triad

So you’re suggesting that every effort presented in relation to the rather unique capabilities of 3 individuals (Buddha. Jesus Christ and Mohamed) are the result of overactive imaginations?

Correct.... an over-zealous interpretation of events with the addition of elements that gave those stories more of an impact value.

The Meta analysis establishes that beyond doubt the chance that it is a result of interference in 1 in 10 to the power of 35. Are you suggesting that statistics in an

invalid form of mathematics, certainly if that is the case your in the wrong place in

relation to discussing what you really want to discuss. My point is simple you insisted upon valid data from a mainstream scientific journal that includes overriding a chance of influence by chance and or interference that has been provided and your response is inadequate. Bio-Mage lets get something strait I really am what I claim to be

cut the baloney friend it is not getting you anywhere.

The probability you mention only takes into account the known technical problems and limitations with the setup. Since this venture probes a rather unknown type of influence (ie telekinesis) isn't it possible that there is another source of such influence that is mistaken for a pattern? Since hardware random generators operate on microscopic phenomena that are largely unpredictable (at current knowledge levels), is it not safe to say that we cannot be certain about the deviations being part of the random events?

For the sake of the argument however, I was only pointing out passive interference from the subject themselves as biological entities and not conscious sources of input (psychic).

The fact the term beleived exist in the comment indicates doubt over the idea it is a fact. If this individual actually worked for PEAR he would have pay stubs, which in fact would have resolved any doubt. What I said was that Foundations of Physics Journal is eminent and under no circumstances would the Radin meta-analysis (1989) be presented in that Journal unless there was no doubt as to its validity.

The validity of the results or rather the methodology that is used to produce them, may not be in question, however for me their interpretation is. Extrapolation is an opinion of sorts but not a fact.

You wanted an argument, guess what, you have one and pound for pound (in respect to education), you and I are pretty much equals. I think you have me confused with someone else, facts are facts, the internet is not an environment where proof of claims, related to personal experiences, can be authenticated. Personally, I think you need to chill out and would cite our initial conversations.

Trust me I am chilled to the core here. I agree about the internet inadequacy in providing a proving ground for such theories. Which is why time and again I will suggest tangible means of this proof to be forwarded (same as common footage submited is for analysis for more mundane investigations) to appropriate authorities. So lets progress from out intial conversations and further the discussion with what we can do on the internet. :)

Bio-mage at 44 years old I am well past literature syndromes, as an example, I currently define psychosis from the context of what society required; prior to industrialization, bipolar disorder today, as defined, fulfilled social needs, in respect, to people capable of working 18hrs a day (life expectancy was below 50 in those days a common onset for the depressive phase of Bipolar disorder today is about 37 years old). Sociopaths who are not as numerous, the result, of a time in history, when killing without regard, was considered a positive trait (Romans and so on).

Your adherence to statistics is admirable but hardly my point. Age is not a factor for the offset of a inquisitive mind looking for answers. But coming close to the conclusion of someone's bilogical expiry date does put things in perspective. That in itself is a strong denominator for the way we look for answers and how willing we are to take a leap of faith. The human mind is conditioned proportionaly to the potential life span it experiences and as such time is relative to your ability to structure your view of the world and subject to change the longer you do live.

True perfection cannot exist without the imperfect, as without it, perfection, cannot be defined as real. The most recent mistake, as it was suggested, I was making, Bio-mage, is one you would fear .....lets stick to the topic (unless you are prepared to begin a new one).

Agreed. The concept of light in meaningless without darkness. Contrasts are necessary to perception and I for once find the topic more interesting than unrelated issues that come into reference. So lets stick to the point indeed ;)

By the way, heard today that an airplane, had been hijacked in Greece by a person who had problems with what the Pope said recently about Mohamed. The plane, was on its way to Italy, but after the initial comment nothing was heard. Do you no anything more about such an event????????

I think the plane was flying from Albania to Instabul and the guy tried to divert it to Italy to protest about the Pope. Something about on of his speeches offending Muslims. I am not sure how Greece was involved but the reporters back home must have lost no time making a big deal out of this...they just love stuff like that :w00t: Thanks for the tip though, its always good to hear from back home being away from it for so long... :tu:

PS: Bio-Mage, take into consideration, that as of yet, you have failed to respond

to the question made clear… what to you, would be considered proof of the paranormal given the inherent restrictions in the internet????

Something really paranormal:P...a consistent feat that implies no trickery or foul play. A demonstration of mind over matter like someone floating or setting fire on an object? A conscious influence that is apparent in other words. Here on internet however I only expect people to present a possible (and plausible) mechanism for such events.

Bio-Mage states....

Correct.... an over-zealous interpretation of events with the addition of elements that gave those stories more of an impact value.

As luck would have it my life experiences include an education independent of my western upbringing, it includes references to the individuals in question. They differ in several ways to the common accounts but with respect to the special powers, described in the common accounts, it is quite clear that they did exist and the powers presented in the accounts of there lives were in fact very real. Personally I do not think of them from the same context as most do, my impression is that in there case (and in all probability others) what was observed were examples of punctuated equilibrium in respect to human evolution. Literally a DNA analysis would have produced clear differences between either of these three individuals and common homo-sapiens.

The probability you mention only takes into account the known technical problems and limitations with the setup. Since this venture probes a rather unknown type of influence (i.e. telekinesis) isn't it possible that there is another source of such influence that is mistaken for a pattern? Since hardware random generators operate on microscopic phenomena that are largely unpredictable (at current knowledge levels), is it not safe to say that we cannot be certain about the deviations being part of the random events?

For the sake of the argument however, I was only pointing out passive interference from the subject themselves as biological entities and not conscious sources of input (psychic).

Are you suggesting that some unconscious or perhaps "collective unconscious" (Jung) input is a factor? Or are you more inclined towards the idea the human body generated some type of interference (Electro-magnetic) in a general type of way, which subsequently affected the random event generator? Unconscious reactions to stimuli usually result in hormonal changes and for the most part, are the result of emotionally charged issues (positive or negative).

The validity of the results or rather the methodology that is used to produce them, may not be in question, however for me their interpretation is. Extrapolation is an opinion of sorts but not a fact.

Ultimately Bio-mage, the idea that humans are developing the ability to become aware of themselves, from the context of "matter wave dynamics" is something that as a whole is at present, difficult to extrapolate, the fact of the matter is, that it is the direction man is headed in.

Trust me I am chilled to the core here. I agree about the internet inadequacy in providing a proving ground for such theories. Which is why time and again I will suggest tangible means of this proof to be forwarded (same as common footage submited is for analysis for more mundane investigations) to appropriate authorities. So lets progress from out intial conversations and further the discussion with what we can do on the internet.

Ok and I can assure you that as far as "x-men" type responses and or "propheteering," my stand on such is much the same as yours. While I will always act as an advocate for free expression of those, who sincerely have an interest (or concern) in relation to paranormal ability. Supporting those who feel this forum is some kind of stepping stone to them realizing themselves or expecting those here to accept them as superior? :td:

Your adherence to statistics is admirable but hardly my point. Age is not a factor for the offset of a inquisitive mind looking for answers. But coming close to the conclusion of someone's bilogical expiry date does put things in perspective. That in itself is a strong denominator for the way we look for answers and how willing we are to take a leap of faith. The human mind is conditioned proportionaly to the potential life span it experiences and as such time is relative to your ability to structure your view of the world and subject to change the longer you do live.

With regards to the Radin Meta Analysis and its statistical conclusions it is offered in response to our discussions as having met criteria in respect to our discussions. As far

as my experiences throughout my life (age 4 to present) this is the cause for my steadfastness in relation to the validity of the paranormal.

I think the plane was flying from Albania to Instabul and the guy tried to divert it to Italy to protest about the Pope. Something about on of his speeches offending Muslims. I am not sure how Greece was involved but the reporters back home must have lost no time making a big deal out of this...they just love stuff like that Thanks for the tip though, its always good to hear from back home being away from it for so long...

The report was very breif and the person making the statement in the news said that they would say more when they get more information, but that was the last I heard of it.

Sounds like the issue worked itself out without incident and perhaps the result of confusion on the part of the alleged perpetrator (which is good news).

Something really paranormal:P...a consistent feat that implies no trickery or foul play. A demonstration of mind over matter like someone floating or setting fire on an object? A conscious influence that is apparent in other words. Here on internet however I only expect people to present a possible (and plausible) mechanism for such events.

Actually (though not with respect to telekinesis) accurate and specific predictions of events in the future can acts as evidence in long distance conversations. The problem being (a reasonable one) that of trust in respect to telekinetic feats. Literally it would have to be something so complicated, setting it up would go well beyond the expense applied to our normal interaction. Then again, perhaps in respect to Tiggs effort to set up online experiments at UM we could come up with a way that goes beyond just making use of random number generators.

Any thoughts?

Ok you know what over the years, I have decried the misuse of the term "skeptic" when used to refer to all critics of anomaly claims. Alas, the label has been thus misapplied by both proponents and critics of the paranormal. Sometimes users of the term have distinguished between so-called "soft" versus "hard" skeptics, and I in part revived the term "zetetic" because of the term's misuse. But I now think the problems created go beyond mere terminology and matters need to be set right. Since "skepticism" properly refers to doubt rather than denial--nonbelief rather than belief--critics who take the negative rather than an agnostic position but still call themselves "skeptics" are actually pseudo-skeptics and have, I believed, gained a false advantage by usurping that label.

In science, the burden of proof falls upon the claimant; and the more extraordinary a claim, the heavier is the burden of proof demanded. The true skeptic takes an agnostic position, one that says the claim is not proved rather than disproved. He asserts that the claimant has not borne the burden of proof and that science must continue to build its cognitive map of reality without incorporating the extraordinary claim as a new "fact." Since the true skeptic does not assert a claim, he has no burden to prove anything. He just goes on using the established theories of "conventional science" as usual. But if a critic asserts that there is evidence for disproof, that he has a negative hypothesis --saying, for instance, that a seeming psi result was actually due to an artifact--he is making a claim and therefore also has to bear a burden of proof.

Critics who assert negative claims, but who mistakenly call themselves "skeptics," often act as though they have no burden of proof placed on them at all, though such a stance would be appropriate only for the agnostic or true skeptic. A result of this is that many critics seem to feel it is only necessary to present a case for their counter-claims based upon plausibility rather than empirical evidence. Thus, if a subject in a psi experiment can be shown to have had an opportunity to cheat, many critics seem to assume not merely that he probably did cheat, but that he must have, regardless of what may be the complete absence of evidence that he did so cheat and sometimes even ignoring evidence of the subject's past reputation for honesty. Similarly, improper randomization procedures are sometimes assumed to be the cause of a subject's high psi scores even though all that has been established is the possibility of such an artifact having been the real cause. Of course, the evidential weight of the experiment is greatly reduced when we discover an opening in the design that would allow an artifact to confound the results. Discovering an opportunity for error should make such experiments less evidential and usually unconvincing. It usually disproves the claim that the experiment was "air tight" against error, but it does not disprove the anomaly claim.

Showing evidence is unconvincing is not grounds for completely dismissing it. If a critic asserts that the result was due to artifact X, that critic then has the burden of proof to demonstrate that artifact X can and probably did produce such results under such circumstances. Admittedly, in some cases the appeal to mere plausibility that an artifact produced the result may be so great that nearly all would accept the argument; for example, when we learn that someone known to have cheated in the past had an opportunity to cheat in this instance, we might reasonably conclude he probably cheated this time, too. But in far too many instances, the critic who makes a merely plausible argument for an artifact closes the door on future research when proper science demands that his hypothesis of an artifact should also be tested. Alas, most critics seem happy to sit in their armchairs producing post hoc counter-explanations. Whichever side ends up with the true story, science best progresses through laboratory investigations.

Questions...

Very well said Silentom :clap:

Any thoughts?

I am including this link because of the information it provides but let me be clear in no way should it be construed that the reasons for this link being posted (by me) is an endorsement of the money the site requests in any way :no:

http://home.xtra.co.nz/hosts/Wingmakers/Telekinesis.html

Any thoughts?

• 7 months later...

Use your hands or arms to move the objects. Here are some reasons why:

1) It's efficient

2) It's faster

3) Requires no concentration

4) Doesn't get you ridiculed

5) It's the reason we have arms

Well man u said u cant move larger objects and some people tried to suggest things to do u wasn't buying it all i can say is if oyu knew what you were doing ud start off with a psi wheel but not moving your hands too close about 3-4 inches from it and as u go use heavier paper like construction paper duhh. so why are you calling people retarted try researching for a change and if u get no where with that then buy a book no luck with that then you are just outa luck. look at videos of people moving the psi wheel then u repeat it helps.

• 10 months later...

ok I am sick of this. Lizards have 1 brain and dogs have 2 separate brains one is the lizard the other is called the dog and humans have 3 brains. The humans 3 and top portion of the brain is the part that allows telekinesis. Also humans have a right and left hemisphere which also have functions all you have to do is go look up nerurology and the 3 separate brains of a human and it will explain to you each ones function. Basically the 3rd brain also the human ones allows us to speak, and decide and understand and choose etc... etc... its where the subconscious is located as well. You also have a mind that has many psychic functions including using the other 96% that has a veil over it at this point it is connected to the 3rd eye which is located directly behind your nose.

Are you sayin you're third eye is located behind you're nose? Where exactly are you getting this from? Of all the things I've read, and personal experience, you're third eye, is between and right above you're real eyes...

your 3rd eye is behind your nose google it! I think your talking about like cartoons and startrek stuff lol

Edited by Spiritualacender

You're kidding me right? Thats why alot of Indian Women, wear those dots on their forehead, right above and between their two eyes...It symbolizes the third eye...Thats why all the meditation excercises, that you have to be in a certain position, and hum, the ones for the third eye are designed to stimulate the area in bewteen you're two eyes...Thats why, one of the most common telepathy methods, is to imagine a beam coming out of you're forhead, right above you're eyes, and imagine what you want to say goin into the other persons forehead...It's called the THIRD EYE...Not the second nose!

Interesting, I personally practice Elemental TK, I've developed my own techniques and systems of mind power.

E-mail me if your interested in learning some REAL Telekinesis.

I have a story of magical essence. While practicing telekensis I decided to use a penny and stick it up and then stare and make it fall well I got tired and left it and went to sleep. Well I woke up and it fell well that could of been natural like wind in my room lol or vibrations. Well thats not the suspense part I left the penny there on its side and came back a few hrs later and it vanished. Completely vanished and no 1 was around it's gone. I felt instantly why that happened it happened to show me that I am connecting and its attuning me.

Interesting, I personally practice Elemental TK, I've developed my own techniques and systems of mind power.

E-mail me if your interested in learning some REAL Telekinesis.

:no: