Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
blieve

Telekinesis

274 posts in this topic

Leah Marie

Checkers?

lol now who's stupid. by the way whats up[ with blockin me from aim and here. ya scared? cant take it?

remember im just a "little kid"

lol ur stupid

Lottie
Quit with the ageism. This is a board for all age groups. Insults and name calling are not acceptable on UM.

blieve

A glass does not gurantee that air flow will not happen.It is not a controlled environment. Perhaps checkers.

What does checkers have to do with anything?

strangebutsmart

i do not understand why people cannot believe telekinesis is possible. It is just like moving objects with the minds energy.

your brain is made up of cells, cells make energy out of food, the only energy the

brain has (So far) is energy that is produced from food. :tu:

But there's still a possibility of something in the brain that causes telekinesis,

who knows; there are still some things that are undiscovered.

Bio-Mage

But energy output for the human body is not one of them...so dont fresh up on that spandex just yet...

Ness of Psionix

lol now who's stupid. by the way whats up[ with blockin me from aim and here. ya scared? cant take it?

remember im just a "little kid"

lol ur stupid

You're not worth my time, Leah Marie. I do find it hilarious that you just HAD to try to get the last word on the arguement. You only prove my point - you're immature.

Bio-mage, there have been pictures taken of the human energy field. That would be an energy output of the body.

Leah Marie

You're not worth my time, Leah Marie. I do find it hilarious that you just HAD to try to get the last word on the arguement. You only prove my point - you're immature.

lol wow this is great. and yes i do planon having the last word in but yo just wont shut up. and until im satisfied. so ha!!! b**** and oh um...telekinisis isnt real!!!!

Ness of Psionix

lol wow this is great. and yes i do planon having the last word in but yo just wont shut up. and until im satisfied. so ha!!! b**** and oh um...telekinisis isnt real!!!!

Just because you weren't patient and strong-willed enough to learn it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Seriously, grow up. ^_^

Silentom

As amusing as it may be it appears this bickering of does telekinesis exist or not will never end.

Personaly i see these random videos here and there that show very minimal results and can usually be debunked with enough study on it.

I will just say that this is just not enough evidence for me to say that there is such a gift in humans.

Edited by Silentom

The Raven

I've only read the starting post for this thread. Here's what I have to say:

Think. When you come on the board claiming to have some sort of power, you must have proof if you are to be taken seriously by anyone other than yourself or those like you who cannot further your understanding. If you say "I have telekinesis" but do nothing to show that you do indeed have it, you evidently had no purpose in posting it other than the need to tell others of the power that you think you have in order to get attention. If you talk to other people who are in the same predicament as you, how will you learn or solve anything? If you say that you may have the power and are looking for proof of its existence, it's almost a given you've already made up your mind, you believe in the power subconsciously or consciously, and you're drawing others into your popularity trap.

By claiming you have telekinesis and not showing any proof, you are proving nothing. By being witty, you are proving nothing. By claiming over and over again your abilities, you are proving nothing. If you would not be taken seriously in a court of law, it is likely you will not be taken seriously here by the people that may actually have information to help you and further your knowledge. :tu:

For those who this is directed at, I do not plan for you to understand my syntax or vocabulary. You probably won't get it. Stop bickering like phallic school children and learn something. A yes and no argument such as, "I can move objects with my mind!" "No you can't!" "Yes I can, you stupid face!" will prove nothing and make you look like an absolute idiot. And that's absolute. Albeit, ignorance is bliss.

You can't puff out your chest online. You'll look like a fool and nothing more. Sometimes, you just have to hush up and walk away.

Edited by The Raven

Silentom

( PREACH ) it brother raven!

The nonsensical rubbish, proves you are nothing more than childish.

Ness of Psionix

Wow. Can you say "obsession"?

I'm not here to rant and rave about my super duper awesome cool telekinesis powers. Haha, nice name, I know. :D

I'm here to discuss things and to help others with their psi practices. As far as proving myself beyond a doubt, I can't right now. I admit it; I suck. I wasn't very good, and now I've been busy for the last month or so, so now I'm even more not good.

I'll try to get better and maybe provide some proof father down the road, but as of right now, I'm not worried about it.

Magikman

Leah Marie, what part of "insults and name calling are not acceptable on UM" are you having a problem understanding? You'll want to back off the inappropriate remarks if you wish to continue to particiapte here. To everyone else, dispute the claims or stated beliefs with a measure of civility and maturity,, let's refrain from making snide and sarcastic remarks that supposedly define your opinion, if you can't argue your point reasonably, then don't bother to comment.

MM

Silentom
rave about my super duper awesome cool telekinesis powers. Haha, nice name, I know.

Maybe it's just your ego! :huh:

I admit it; I suck. I wasn't very good, and now I've been busy for the last month or so, so now I'm even more not good.

That is because you had no results to start with!

And the results you thought you had were just made up.

Edited by Silentom

Silentom

I will make it simple!

(Kazuma) I am sorry guy but you as many others on here do not have telekinesis.

And as much as you try to debate and prove it exists is just plain futile!

But in my knowing you will keep going on with this i hope the best in you're quest to prove otherwise! :tu:

Virtual Particle

Silentom I really do not think you understand what Kazuma is trying to say, you see it does not matter to him that you think he does not have these abilities. The fact of the matter is, at present, he cannot cause something to occur, which can affect you in such a way, you would be forced to accept he is telling you the truth (But again, that does not matter to him either). What is important to him is that he is expressing he awareness of this ability as real. As far as proving it to you, well he does understand that you want proof, but the truth is that is not the point for why he is here. So despite the fact you feel proof is required (within the context of your standards/belief), he feels the same way you feel about the issue of proof. To him living up to your expectations has little meaning, as his observations have established to him that your point lacks validity.

Raven and Silentom what to either of you would be acceptable as "proof," given the inherent restriction in relation to this medium (internet)??

I am curious because I have asked the question before and still have not gotten any appropriate or specific responses from skeptics in this Forum (in general). The last time I asked what should be a clear and simple issue, with respect to individual claims of PK ability, the response was in relation to 90% of the worlds scientist acknowledging Pk in general (As far as prior to that its been big time nada responses)

So what is the mystery here in relation to the skeptical requirements, given such voluminous postings in relation to skeptics in this forum?

Seriously, is it the conclusion of the skeptics in this forum that prior to accepting Kazumas claims he should follow in the footsteps of Uri Geller? Or perhaps Kazuma should go beyond that effort and apply for full prophet status by approaching the Vatican??

Ok so maybe that was not so serious......but honestly I am certain you get my point....

Any thoughts?

PS: Kazuma if in any way my impression of your thoughts is incorrect feel free to respond.

Silentom
Silentom I really do not think you understand what Kazuma is trying to say, you see it does not matter to him that you think he does not have these abilities. The fact of the matter is, at present, he cannot cause something to occur, which can affect you in such a way, you would be forced to accept he is telling you the truth (But again, that does not matter to him either).

As far as this matter goes Triad it needs fact.

You're simple PK study showing that it is FACT is just useless to me!

I want to see more results other than this random numbers on these pk tests you seem to like! :huh:

In simplicity Triad those Pk experiments to me MEAN NOTHING.

That does not mean there is not people out there that think these small experiments are enough to prove a shadow of a doubt pk exists!

I just want real physical results nothing more.

Edited by Silentom

Virtual Particle

Silentom, obviously you feel that way or you would not be here claiming what you

claim. My response was very clear its intention very specific. For the sake of

argument let me put the main point of my last response in quotes.....

Raven and Silentom what to either of you would be acceptable as "proof," given the inherent restriction in relation to this medium (internet)??

Let me again elaborate as you are a recent member...On about 10 different occasions (perhaps in fact probably even more) I have asked several members of this forum (and in a very respectful way), to respond, to what exactly would full fill there individual requirements for evidence of an individual members claim, that he or she has the ability to perform what is often defined as paranormal ability?

Specifically, the truth be known, the majority of these inquiries have been in relation to PK and with respect to the PK experiments I have presented in the past, I have never indicated or stated they could be construed as evidence of an initials poster (at UM) abilities. In fact the recent thread in relation to such experiments, is in respect to offering members an opportunity to test there skills. So bringing that issue as related to this conversation is not really or specifically relatable to the issue at hand (what we are discussing).

What I am asking you for, is for you (or Raven) to present, what to either of you would constitute as evidence of (for example) Kazuma’s ability??? This specifically in relation to the apparent and obvious methodologies which are afforded us, by the technology available, though this medium, we refer to as the Internet in relation, to the ability it affords individuals (us) throughout the world to communicate?? Now to be clear this issue of proof is an important one and realistically speaking, I am certain the Kazuma has no interest in being labeled the right hand of God (if so he is in the wrong forum). So, taking all of this into consideration what I am asking clearly is a reasonable request given the obvious differences between discussions in this forum and a face to face/person to person/mano ah mano interaction what to you would constitute proof of Kazuma’s claim that he can apply PK in a way that is significant??

I hope I have been clear but will be more than happy to elaborate further if you are having problems understanding the question……

Any thoughts?

PS: Lets face facts here Silentom since you feel that Kazuma's claims are nonsensical rubbish and evidence of him being childish, you should be more than able to present a non-childish response to what is a very simple question. Tell you what, why do you not contact Raven using private messaging and see if he has formed such conclusions, after all he has been a member here for quite some time. :yes:

Edited by Triad

blieve

I've only read the starting post for this thread. Here's what I have to say:

Think. When you come on the board claiming to have some sort of power, you must have proof if you are to be taken seriously by anyone other than yourself or those like you who cannot further your understanding. If you say "I have telekinesis" but do nothing to show that you do indeed have it, you evidently had no purpose in posting it other than the need to tell others of the power that you think you have in order to get attention. If you talk to other people who are in the same predicament as you, how will you learn or solve anything? If you say that you may have the power and are looking for proof of its existence, it's almost a given you've already made up your mind, you believe in the power subconsciously or consciously, and you're drawing others into your popularity trap.

By claiming you have telekinesis and not showing any proof, you are proving nothing. By being witty, you are proving nothing. By claiming over and over again your abilities, you are proving nothing. If you would not be taken seriously in a court of law, it is likely you will not be taken seriously here by the people that may actually have information to help you and further your knowledge... :tu:

It was absolutely pointless to post that comment. I do not want to be popular nor do I need attention. All I asked for is help, not make a shout out for people to be my friends. There were no repetitive claims of people having telekinesis, just asking for help. If you do not believe me, that is fine. I don't care. If you don't like it, go away. there is no need for negativity towards other peoples beliefs/emotions.

The Skeptic Eric Raven

It was absolutely pointless to post that comment. I do not want to be popular nor do I need attention. All I asked for is help, not make a shout out for people to be my friends. There were no repetitive claims of people having telekinesis, just asking for help. If you do not believe me, that is fine. I don't care. If you don't like it, go away. there is no need for negativity towards other peoples beliefs/emotions.

Its not being negative. Its being realistic. I would like to see proof of a significant kind. i.e. moving an object under scientific conditions, etc.

Silentom
What I am asking you for, is for you (or Raven) to present, what to either of you would constitute as evidence of (for example) Kazuma’s ability??? This specifically in relation to the apparent and obvious methodologies which are afforded us, by the technology available, though this medium, we refer to as the Internet

Well putting it into that kind of perspective Triad, Only being able to use the internet as a, means of evidence is just not sufficient it can be so easily debunked.

what to you would constitute proof of Kazuma’s claim that he can apply PK in a way that is significant??

What i would like is for Kazuma to simply get a scientific study put on his abilities under very close studies!

And in the way i would like it to be done is the subjects hands should be tied behind they're back and the objects being, moved would be behind a clear glass or anything that is completely transparent so there would be no means of being able to cheat.

Just his mind and the object being moved.

Good Luck!

Edited by Silentom

Heru

I say TK isnt real until proven just like cold fusion. Now is it possible someone can do these things who knows. It would be neat if we could. Cold fusion that is :P

What im curious is what kazuma is talking about.

Lets assume I believe you, how do you think your able to move it. Are you sending transparent waves? Are you creating some kind of wind? Or what?

Im not trying to be smart im just curious on how you thing your experiment is working, and since you know more than I do what is the logic behind it?

Ravenshade

You mean performing Fusion instead of Fission....place in Birmingham (UK) has come up with something which by all scientists is classed as Fission, however, it produces as much energy as it takes to kick start the process. Dunno about Cold Fusion though...i mean is that actually even theoretically possible since Fusion means to generate heat as use for energy.

As for PK, i dunno the actual studies, but it is correct that 90% of the worlds scientist accept PK as being real. However it isn't the normal mumbo jumbo people tend to like to believe it is, all it is, is just increased activity in the brain, where someone's DNA is slightly different from someone elses causing it to implement somekind of reaction. Most people who have this are actually psychics (mind readers), rather than Telekinesis (movement with the mind). This is just because people are able to tune into other people frequency. Not frequent, and I doubt if even 3% of the worlds population are Psychic, thus less that 0.0001% I believe, could be any other sort of Kinesis...

I.e. there are a lot of fakes out there, but hey scientists are trying to rectify that in some countries with bizarre experiements designed to adjust someone's DNA, thus awakening their latent abilities.

Besides, there's more proof than a little that most humans had these kind of abilities mellenia ago, and that we've just forgotten and evolved over the years.

However...I am not a -kinesis expert, and I don't profess to have any kind of ability it's just more of this: I have this knack for believing in myself, and having things go my way when I need them to.

Ever though reallly reallly hard that you wanted that new games console, never told anyone about it, and then out of the blue some stranger gave you it, or something as good as? (Or something similar) kind of happens to me quite a bit...i put it down to coincidence.

The Raven

Ah, but the one who opposes my point proves its very worth. You felt a need to respond or defend yourself from my words, and thus I have succeeded in doing and proving exactly what I initially intended to, in a more succinct manner than I could have imagined. The sword of "justice" is never far from the shade of pseudo and misinterpreted negativity.

Raven and ericraven always get along! :tu:

For me, to all questioners: Proof in my eyes is proof that would stand in a court of law. It's as simple as that.

Edited by The Raven

Virtual Particle

Silentom states....

Well putting it into that kind of perspective Triad, Only being able to use the internet as a, means of evidence is just not sufficient it can be so easily debunked.

Given your prior comments about Kazuma's presentation changing the word debunked to ridiculed would be more appropriate :mellow: . Look Silentom, let’s understand something; because of the inherent restrictions that exist in relation to communication the internet you cannot claim that something has been debunked. Of course a person can say, no that has never happened to me and I have never heard or seen it happen to anyone else, but in relation to validating or invalidating what Kazuma or any other believer said, you’re simply not debunking anyone.

Beyond that, all this ridiculing stuff is clearly a reaction to frustration, over the fact that what is stated above is actually the truth.

You can feel that a believer is non-conforming to what you think is actually the parameters of reality, while the believers see you as appeasing the status quo. Would further add (and repeat), that as in fact, that believers like Kazuma, look at what you are saying in the same light as you see what they are saying. In other words, your sense of confidence, in respect to how you are responding to what Kazuma is saying is shared, in kind, by Kazuma, in relation to what you are saying.

His impression is that you are easily debunked and for the same reasons you feel he has been debunked, simply stated it is a matter of experience.....

Silentom states....

What I would like is for Kazuma to simply get a scientific study put on his abilities under very close studies! And in the way I would like it to be done is the subjects hands should be tied behind they're back and the objects being, moved would be behind a clear glass or anything that is completely transparent so there would be no means of being able to cheat.

Just his mind and the object being moved.

What you are suggesting is that Kazuma submit himself to an elaborate assessment of his claimed paranormal abilities, under controlled and rigorous scientific methodologies and preformed, by objective scientists. Who are prepared to present there data on the internet in perhaps, a Scientific Journal generally accepted as within the context of "Mainstream Science"? Here is where you need to ask yourself a question Silentom is the fact you feel that is important as important to Kazuma??

1) Let me point out (yes am going to bring it up again), that in relation to the Radin meta-analysis, what you are asking for has already been done and despite the fact you see that data as "meaning nothing" it is published in a mainstream scientific journal. :tu:

2) Let me point out that in relation to online telekinesis experiments, the trials offered at the site are preliminary and part of a more elaborate process. If for example Kazuma were to show himself to be proficient at the first level he will be individually invited (via E-mail) to be involved in further studies. Ultimately, this could in fact lead to one to one involvement, under the very same conditions you see as relevant to your accepting him

for what he claims to be.

3) The idea that Kazuma can just walk into a University which studies the paranormal objectively and say "Here I am, Kazuma," is completely unrealistic, the fact of the matter is he would be subject to the same type of studies that have been preformed for over 40 years and that would involve the same procedure presented in online telekinesis experiments.

4) Uri Geller did exactly what you suggested, why should Kazuma, or for that matter any other believer; accept the idea that doing what Uri Geller did would change the minds of any skeptics. You claim to want rigorous studies involving the scientific method well; there is no way the Radin meta-analysis could have been published in the Foundations of Physics Journal (it is after all a mainstream scientific journal whose editorial staff include several Nobel Laureates),unless that was exactly what happened. But despite that, you say it means nothing to you? This clearly presents a bias and indicates beyond doubt that the standard you are offering, if met, is not actually something you would accept.

Silentom there is no legitimate reason for you or anyone else to feel Kazuma's claims are childish or for that matter rubbish. The is no legitimate reason for you to feel that in any way, you or any other skeptic in this forum, has debunked any claim, made by any believer in any forum, on the internet, as such an act is simply impossible (unless of course the person admits to lying about a claim he or she made). If you honestly feel that verifying PK ability in relation to a mainstream scientific environment constitutes validation, then your claim that you will accept this, if Kazuma submits to same, is a contradiction to your statements regarding the Radin Meta-analysis.

With respect to the last two sentences my advice is that you read between the lines in relation to you sir being debunked :o

Raven states....

For me, to all questioners: Proof in my eyes is proof that would stand in a court of law. It's as simple as that.

So you are suggesting we put Kazuma on trial?? Tell you what Raven if your prepared to cover all the expenses (getting us all to one location, legal fees and of course let us not forget the Judge) I would suggest you send Kazuma a PM. Otherwise don't you think such a condition is unrealistic?? Seriously if your going to claim so much about the efficacy of your standards should it not also be appropriate for you to present a means of accomplishing the task realistically within the context of what we are actually doing at the moment.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Triad