Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do Dolphins have thier own Language?

Thunderbolt

I was just woundering.

they are extremly smart i think as smart as Humans

and doesn't a language need Intelligents

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• CaitSith

• A+Certified

• Thunderbolt

was just woundering.

Yes...they communicate with their echolocation is a series of clicks, buzzes, and chirps...

Yes...they communicate with their echolocation is a series of clicks, buzzes, and chirps...

Yes but do they hold conversations? Perhaps discuss where to go get something to eat, argue or compliment one another? Put it on my need to know :tu:

Yes but do they hold conversations? Perhaps discuss where to go get something to eat, argue or compliment one another? Put it on my need to know :tu:

yes thats what i ment

yes thats what i ment

I knew thats what you meant I was just clarifying it :yes: I don't think anyone has that answer yet, but you never know. So, anyone heard anything new about this?

i think all the animals have their own language and can communicate as well as we can the difference is that they have their own method of talking and we can't understand it

this's what i feel

Edited by pacifist persiangirl

Yes but do they hold conversations? Perhaps discuss where to go get something to eat, argue or compliment one another? Put it on my need to know

They have been known to go on "organised" hunts

Edited by frogfish

I was just woundering.

Good reading here: GOOGLE

PSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH liek LAWL every thing has a language dosent matter how smart or dumb u are. what is the fact that dolphins dont have opposable thumbs the only thing thats keeping them from takeing over the world :D

PSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH liek LAWL every thing has a language dosent matter how smart or dumb u are

Jellyfish, and colonial algae don't...They Do react to stimuli form other things though...

PSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH liek LAWL every thing has a language dosent matter how smart or dumb u are. what is the fact that dolphins dont have opposable thumbs the only thing thats keeping them from takeing over the world :D

i agree

i agree

DID you just read what I posted!

Jellyfish, and colonial algae don't

Along with all the other simple animals...

DID you just read what I posted!

Along with all the other simple animals...

Are we so sure? Maybe they are communicating on a level we don't see or understand. It has been shown trees communicate.

It has been shown trees communicate.

Only in the Wizard of Oz and Lord of the Rings.....

It has been shown trees communicate

Trees don't communicate :tu:

Trees don't communicate

Yes they do, not by sounds, but by chemical signals. Released when leaves are subject to herbivory. Plants can even communicate with parasitic wasps to lay their eggs in caterpillars when they are eating their leaves.

They can be detected in the air and underground in networks.

If you have a look on google scholar, theres heaps of research journals on them.

Had to do an assessment on plant communication and it is quite interesting and proven.

Sorry to jack thread pacifist persiangirl. :)

Yes they do, not by sounds, but by chemical signals. Released when leaves are subject to herbivory. Plants can even communicate with parasitic wasps to lay their eggs in caterpillars when they are eating their leaves.

Do those hormone influence other trees?

Like I said before, colonial algae and jellyfish don't communicate

Only in the Wizard of Oz and Lord of the Rings.....

Trees don't communicate :tu:

"I talk to the trees, but they don't listen to me..." sings one of the characters in the musical Paint Your Wagon. Maybe he's just not speaking the right language.

Far from being inert lumps, plants can and do communicate--both with other plants, and, interestingly, with insects.

Of course, we're not talking Shakespearean sonnets or even political speeches here. Plant communication is all based on chemicals.

The idea that plants communicate chemically with one another has been around for a couple of decades, but it's only been in the last few years that solid scientific evidence has been accumulated to support the notion.

SOURCE

i thik its possible they can primitavly communicate (tree's) by light source, or something, lol. we know that plants can adapt (i.e.-a flower bending toword a window for light), so i wouldnt doubt that they can very primatavly communicate.

i thik its possible they can primitavly communicate (tree's) by light source, or something, lol. we know that plants can adapt (i.e.-a flower bending toword a window for light

That's phototrophism...That has nothing to do with communication, but reacting to stimuli...

Theyt just flood one side of the stem with gibberillins to cause the bend.

frogfish, i think you are one of the only people who truely know what their talking about on here, lol. i try, but sometimes i dont, and ill admit it.

frogfish, i think you are one of the only people who truely know what their talking about on here, lol. i try, but sometimes i dont, and ill admit it.

there are many people that know more in their respective fields than me..I am just well versed in my fields..

Phototrophism is really simple...

Gibberillins are the growth hormone for plants...If one side of a plant is getting more light than the other, then the plant thinks "well, I need to grow taller to get more light", so that ONE side away from the light if flooded by gibberillins, which cause the plant to bend towards the light.

Edited by frogfish

there are many people that know more in their respective fields than me..I am just well versed in my fields..

Phototrophism is really simple...

Gibberillins are the growth hormone for plants...If one side of a plant is getting more light than the other, then the plant thinks "well, I need to grow taller to get more light", so that ONE side away from the light if flooded by gibberillins, which cause the plant to bend towards the light.

Is that the same process which takes place when a plant seed begins to germinate to establish roots and a stem (influenced by gravity); or is that given a different name?

I was just wondering,

do dolphins have their own language?

They are extremly smart, I think as smart as humans

And doesn't a language need intelligence

Yes, they do. I've got no idea how complex it is, though. You might like this; Click. :tu:

Edited by Raptor X7

"I was just wondering,

do dolphins have their own language?

They are extremly smart, I think as smart as humans

And doesn't a language need intelligence"

If Dolphins were as smart as humans they would'nt end up up on rye bread with mayonaise...

It has been shown that Dolphins can only understand the basics of mathematics and they can communicate with one another. In regards though to if they are as smart as us hardly. Their brains aren't nearly as developed as our are. Though they may be quite intellegent they do not grasp the concept of civilization and technology. It is possible however that in the future they may evolve into a more intellegent form of life but by then I doubt humans will even exist on Earth.