Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Doesn't he come out

Gwyny

God being a physical entity. Which you assumed was to be taken literally.

I did not say that God was a physical entity. The Bible says that God is Spirit. I said that He was physical in appearance. Infact, I am not the first one to say that. Time and time again, witnesses claim that God can be seen, and that He lives in the sky.

Job 22:12 "Is not God in the height of heaven? And see the highest stars, how lofty they are!"

2 Chr 30:27 "Then the priests, the Levites, arose and blessed the people, and their voice was heard; and their prayer came up to His holy dwelling place, to heaven."

Jonah 1:9 And he said to them, "I am a Hebrew; and I fear the LORD, the God of heaven, who made the sea and the dry land."

God's physical appearance is real:

Exodus 24:11

But on the nobles of the children of Israel He did not lay His hand. So they saw God, and they ate and drank.

(NKJ)

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

(NKJ)

Exodus 33:18-23

And he said, "Please, show me Your glory."

Then He said, "I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

But He said, "You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live."

And the LORD said, "Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock.

"So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by.

"Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen."

(NKJ)

Genesis 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: "For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."

Judges 13:22-23

And Manoah said to his wife, "We shall surely die, because we have seen God!"

But his wife said to him, "If the LORD had desired to kill us, He would not have accepted a burnt offering and a grain offering from our hands, nor would He have shown us all these things, nor would He have told us such things as these at this time."

(NKJ)

Ps 68:17-18

The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of thousands; the Lord is among them as in Sinai, in the Holy Place.

You have ascended on high, you have led captivity captive; you have received gifts among men, even from the rebellious, that the LORD God might dwell there.

(NKJ)

Physical actions:

Genesis 6:9

This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.

(NKJ)

So, then. How can you say that God does not have a physical appearance, when we are made in His image? How can you say that He defies space when He has a location?

How can I say that He is physical in appearance and that He indeed has physical attributes? Becuase it is in the scriptures, and as I've said before, I believe in the scriptures, not the pulpit. It is a human conceptualization that God is a vauge etheral being up there somewhere, or nowhere, but everywhere. It is in the scriptures, that His Spirit is among us, yes, but do you limit God by saying that He is only spirit? Is that all He is? We have a spirit, but we also have a body and a mind. How can you demean God by saying that He does not have a physical presence? We are made in His image. We look like Him. He has looks and physical attributes. It is not so hard to understand. It is in the Bible, and the Bible says that God's spirit is among us, but His physical presence is far from us. Once His physical presence arrives, you will not question this reality.

Edited by Norman

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Yelekiah

• Bahamut_0

• AnuKabal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could also believe your a dumb ass, but I'm not going to start spitting it at you and saying these things.

Perfectly said.

That was totally uncalled for. You are really showing your intelligence my dear boy.

But then the entire situation is odd. When he chooses to be everywhere, you can call him omnipresent

Even in light of all the evidence I put forth, I can honestly admit that I do not know for sure, if God is omni-present. From what I know, His Spirit is everywhere, which could mean that apart of His being is everywhere. However, I must once again put emphasis on my claims; that God has a physical appearance and a location. His location is space.

Edited by Norman

Would it be safer to say he is where ever you want him to be?

But you will get the idiots that say - oh well if he is everywhere that must mean he is spying on me and being a perv ........... trust me I have seen this on the boards before :rolleyes:

that must mean he is spying on me and being a perv ........... trust me I have seen this on the boards before

I would't be a bit surprised.

I would't be a bit surprised.

Yea but those that say stuff like that are usually the kids/teenies (ok not all teens before i have one on my back going ...hey im a teen yadda yadaa) :blink:

ok not all teens before i have one on my back going ...hey im a teen yadda yadaa

There are actually a lot of teens on the forum that take on the image of a 30 year old in hopes to seem more intelligent. There is a lot of people I have met on here that admited to it.

Edited by Norman

There are actually a lot of teens on the forum that take on the image of a 30 year old in hopes to seem more intelligent. There is a lot of people I have met on here that admited to it.

Yea thats why I said not all teens ;)

That was totally uncalled for. You are really showing your intelligence my dear boy.

Zero Zero Zero, You truly have no idea how uncouth you can be at times, you are telling us about you not anyone else. Namaste sheri :tu:

*graps beckys diaper and smacks Zero* that'll teach ya some manners boy ^_^

:D

I said that He was physical in appearance.

Which would make him technically a "physical" entity, not of flesh and blood, but you can physically see him if this was the case.

Job 22:12 "Is not God in the height of heaven? And see the highest stars, how lofty they are!"

He's not claiming to see God.

2 Chr 30:27 "Then the priests, the Levites, arose and blessed the people, and their voice was heard; and their prayer came up to His holy dwelling place, to heaven."

Here they aren't claiming to see God either...

Jonah 1:9 And he said to them, "I am a Hebrew; and I fear the LORD, the God of heaven, who made the sea and the dry land."

Again, not claiming to see God.

But on the nobles of the children of Israel He did not lay His hand. So they saw God, and they ate and drank.

And as I previously stated, eyes in Hebrew is 'ayin, which also means knowledge. And they were nobles, who could know God based on what others have said, or what literature to read.

"Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen."

(NKJ)

Genesis 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: "For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."

He just said he would see his back. Does this make God a liar?

This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.

But if he walked with God that could easily mean spiritually, nor is he claiming to see God.

believe in the scriptures

Which are not always meant to be taken literally. Where do you draw the line between what's literal and what's metaphorical, Norman?

We are made in His image.

It never says physical image, this could again, very easily mean in spirit. Because after Adam and Eve ate of the fruit, they died spiritually, and God stopped talking to Adam. That wasn't meant to be taken literally (like literally dying)

Which would make him technically a "physical" entity

You are entitled to your opinion, of course.

He just said he would see his back. Does this make God a liar?

You are twisting my quotes. These are two seperate verses reffering to God's visibility.

Jacob saw God face to face, and centuries later, Moses saw God's back.

But if he walked with God that could easily mean spiritually, nor is he claiming to see God.

Again, you are entitled to your opinion. But, of course, a scholar would not make an assumption that God and Noah were "spiritually" walking togather when all it says is "and Noah walked with God." Nothing more to be said.

It never says physical image, this could again, very easily mean in spirit. Because after Adam and Eve ate of the fruit, they died spiritually, and God stopped talking to Adam. That wasn't meant to be taken literally (like literally dying)

Here you go again, assuming that it is a "spiritual" image, while it never says that it is.

1 Cor 11:7 "For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man."

I suppse next, you'll claim that the verse above is reffering to man's "spiritual" head.

He's not claiming to see God.

Here you were misquoting me. I stated in advance that those scriptures specifically pointed out that God is up in the sky. It was not intended to prove that you can see God because he has a physical appearance. The scriptures I quoted after that were intended to point out God's visibility by a testimonies of a visible, but spiritual entity.

not of flesh and blood, but you can physically see him if this was the case.

On what theological principle do you claim that in order for God to be visible, He must have fleash and blood?

Edited by Norman

Psalms 82:6-8 "I said, "You are gods, and all of you are children of the Most High.

But you shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes."

Arise, O God, judge the earth; for You shall inherit all nations."

(NKJ)

We are children of God. We look like our Father in Heaven.

These are two seperate verses reffering to God's visibility.

Right, I accidentally lumped them together.

But, of course, a scholar would not make an assumption that God and Noah were "spiritually" walking togather when all it says is "and Noah walked with God." Nothing more to be said.

Which scholar would that be? Everyone interprets the Bible differently.

Here you go again, assuming that it is a "spiritual" image, while it never says that it is.

And it never says it's a physical one either :w00t:

I suppse next, you'll claim that the verse above is reffering to man's "spiritual" head.

No, I never said everything was figurative. Also, you didn't answer my question as to where you draw the line between what is literal and what is metaphorical. :hmm:

The scriptures I quoted after that were intended to point out God's visibility by a testimonies of a visible, but spiritual entity.

I'm not misquoting you :huh:

On what theological principle do you claim that in order for God to be visible, He must have fleash and blood?

I think you misunderstood me. What I meant was that God was not physical (and this excludes Jesus because he is God incarnate). I think God is Spirit, which is not flesh and blood.

Many of you never replied to my "Trinity" thread when I posted information twice but you still call Jesus God incarnate. O_o... [Not saying Yele is one].

Jesus is the son of God...unless I'm mistaken :hmm:

Many of you never replied to my "Trinity" thread when I posted information twice but you still call Jesus God incarnate. O_o... [Not saying Yele is one].

"All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made. "

-John 1:3

Well there it says that Jesus created all things; God created all things.

No, I never said everything was figurative. Also, you didn't answer my question as to where you draw the line between what is literal and what is metaphorical.

The Scriptures are a collection of accounts of supernatural phenomena occuring in ancient history. The testimonies in the text are written in their ancient language. It is literal and not figurative. It may be metaphorical in the case of PPP, (proverbs, parables and prophecy), but in all the other cases, it is important that one should read the Bible as a literal historic account of witnesses who testify to seeing, feeling, or having some interaction with God.

I think God is Spirit, which is not flesh and blood.

I agree. That Bible says that God is Spirit. You are correct. However, how do you conclude that God is invisible when throughout the Bible people witnesses God with their eyes? I am not denying that God is spirit. Again, I was not the one to first claim that God was physical in appearance. Moses, Daniel, and Jhon said that. If you have a problem with this, then talk to the one who inspired the scriptures I reffer to.

Edited by Norman

And to stay on track with the forum subject, Yes, God has a location, and that is the Sky or Space.

And to stay on track with the forum subject, Yes, God has a location, and that is the Sky or Space.

Norman..you may believe that God is in the sky or up in space, but how do you know he is not beyond that? God is where you want him to be...IMO of course

God is where you want him to be

Yes, God can be wherever and whatever, but that is because that god is't real. The God of the Bible lives in the sky. But the God who lives wherever you want him to live, lives inside of your mind. If I were to take on the metaphorical viewpoint right now, I'd say that you were breaking the 2nd commandment. You have made your own god. A god that is't real. A god in your mind, a god which appeals to you. Well, hate to break it to everyone, but you either believe in the God of the Bible, or you believe in the god who is made after your own likeness and wishes.

Edited by Norman

The testimonies in the text are written in their ancient language.

And you should know that Hebrew is very symbolic. I discussed that earlier with Adam, adama-red earth. He is made of dust, he will return to dust, dust is his flesh. Aw-Dawm is life blood, flesh, the Sumerians used it to mean blood clot. For the snake to eat dust is *not* literal dust, it is flesh, flesh of mammals.

You are correct. However, how do you conclude that God is invisible when throughout the Bible people witnesses God with their eyes?

I never said God was invisible. What I was trying to ask you, was why don't you think something like a burning bush wasn't figurative for God's glory, for example. I don't think all of it is meant to be literal. Like the Beasts in Revelation. For there to be a leopard, it was an Empire of speed, because leopards are quick. They were alluding to Greece, Persia, etc.

The God of the Bible lives in the sky. If you do not believe that, then you do not believe in the God of the Bible. If you do not believe that the God of the Bible lives in the sky, then you do not know scripture, because scripture says that God lives in the sky.

Yes, God can be wherever and whatever, but that is because he does't exist. The God of the Bible lives in the sky. The God who lives wherever you want him to live, lives inside of your mind.

He exists to me, I cannot describe it, I don't follow the bible I do as i wish and what I chose it to believe he exists...ok granted I have no proof, but I am not the doubting Thomas if I don't see him that doesn't mean I must not believe, but if you believe he doen't exsist then so be it I respect that ;)

Yelekiah, I agree with all that, but when it comes down to God's dwelling place, it is the sky, and that is meant literally. Beckys_Mom, I respect your beliefs, but honestly, if you read the Bible - the very text you claim to believe in, then you would not deny it's truths. I know that faith does not require on to see God. I believe there is a God even though I do not see Him. However, my belief is that God can be seen, and that we will all see Him when He comes back in the sky.

Edited by Norman