Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Doesn't he come out

Gwyny

Right but why is this still in the Bible? That's what I mean, it's known that it is incorrect, but it's not fixed for all Bibles. Many things were added and removed.

True but I can't think as to why things where added and removed, could it be true that things where added/removed to suit the person who had re-written it?

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Yelekiah

• Bahamut_0

• AnuKabal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's funny how those that went against traditional theories to suit themselves and doctored the bible, that people today who are well aware of it, still take it as gospel truth :blink:

Which people would that be? The majority of Christians I've met have slammed me for believing in reincarnation. And the irony, I tell them, is that it used to be a part of their belief system, but it was removed because an emperor's mistress didn't like it.

Edited by Yelekiah

Which people would that be? The majority of Christians I've met have slammed me for believing in reincarnation. And the irony, I tell them, is that it used to be a part of their belief system, but it was removed because an emperor's mistress didn't like it.

From what I have had to read and listen to, I'm afraid it's christians, and no matter what you try and tell them, they will not take notice and may result into calling you a lair and so on. People like that can get angered by hearing something they do not understand and don't wish to either. I myself in real life have gotten into one too many arguements with christians about what is real and whats not ref to the bible, one of which was my own mother, who used to be more realistic about life in general but ever since she became a christian everything changed and by that I mean her attitude towards the bible, she now believes all that is written, so from that day when I saw I couldn't get through to her and saw how upsetting it was I made it up with my mom but decided not to follow something that was doctored by a religious joe blogs.

I have been thrown out of RE classes in high school for my theories, goes to show you that if you have a strong mind and you seek further into a particular subject such as the bible and come up with questions and theories of your own, there is a big chance you will either get slammed for it or ignored.

goes to show you that if you have a strong mind and you seek further into a particular subject such as the bible and come up with questions and theories of your own, there is a big chance you will either get slammed for it or ignored.

Which makes them look foolish, so it's all good.

Which makes them look foolish, so it's all good.

The funny thing is they thing you look foolish when you do so

Well I wasn't speaking about you personally, I meant in general.

Yea I am sure they are usually embarassed about it in the end but will that make them think twice about their beliefs?? I have yet to meet one that has

I'm sure they do think twice but I'm not trying to convert anyone. They can choose to believe whatever they want to believe. I am just telling them history. I am just telling them the truth.

I'm sure they do think twice but I'm not trying to convert anyone. They can choose to believe whatever they want to believe. I am just telling them history. I am just telling them the truth.

Oh don't get me wrong I fully understand you and see where you are coming from, in fact anyone that likes to broaden their minds will do...IMO of course :innocent:

I agree also but what I dont get is if you do not understand what someone is trying to tell you and you don't know the 1st thing about what he/she is talking about, why make a fool out of yourself (speaking in general) to try and argue back?? I never understood as to why people do that!!!!!!!!!

I asked a question once on here and that was...If you where to point in the direction as to where you think God is...would you point left, right up or down...I would be intrested as to what others might say :hmm:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Perhaps if we pointed to our hearts.....

Me too but some have pointed up, and I then ask, when you point upwards how can you be sure? as the earth spins constantly so which way is up!?!!

TY Rowan but hey it's true though LOL

Pride.

Pride it maybe but a persons pride can make them look foolish, it's a pity they can't see that :mellow:

Or perhaps they do but they don't want to back down. Save face really. Admitting it is the hardest part :o

I think I'm going to ask some people I know to point to where God is. That should be interesting.

Or perhaps they do but they don't want to back down. Save face really. Admitting it is the hardest part :o

I think I'm going to ask some people I know to point to where God is. That should be interesting.

:P you cheeky git lol

:D I get a kick out of it LOL when I do ask someone to point in the direction as to where they believe God is and they keep saying up up, and when I tell them about the earth spinning ect they still say NO THAT IS UP SEE :lol: i wonder what Norman would say as he believes God is in the sky :ph34r: