Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

California Beast

Onyx

I just wanted to know what people think about this lesser known sea monster.

user posted image

user posted image

I love this one, I guess because it's so close to home for me. wub.gif There isn't much information about it, as it was found on the coast of Monterey Bay in 1925. Scientists said it was a 'rare breed of long necked whale' but..come on now... grin2.gif

'After thoroughly examining the carcass, the renowned naturalist E. L. Wallace concluded that the creature could not be a whale and might be a plesiosaur that had been preserved and subsequently melted out of glacial ice.'

http://www.genesispark.org/genpark/santa/santa.htm

See..that's no whale wink2.gif

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjo Koolzooie

• Lionel

• Onyx

• Seraphina

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to say "Looks like a whale".

But I won't now...cause I dunno what it is. Intresting to see the pics though!

Looks like a dolphin to me...just without the fins (maybe those guys who took the photo cut them off *shrugs*)

could be a preserved head I suppose...but if it was, you'd honestly think it would be regarded as a far more important discovery than just a "lesser known sea monster". An actual example of a prehistoric creature? I think that would be worth quite a stir.

Since it was not, it's more likely an elaborate story...but who knows. You notice how the people in the photo are standing very far away from the creature, while the camera is so close to it, to make it seem much larger than it is through perspective?

Oh it is the same picture as the one in that thread. Did not recognise it.