Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Recent Mothman sighting...

DamienPriest

Hey guys,

I been doing some research and came across stories of a recent Mothman sighting on Long Island NY at Mt. Misery in Huntington NY. Mt. Misery seems to be a hotspot lately for UFO's, Ghosts, and the Mothman. Anyone have any info on recent sightings of the Mothman? I read things off of other Paranormal Forums...

:hmm:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• Agent. Mulder

• thecreeper

• Piney

The Mothman sightings have stopped for a while...it just dissapeared as fast as it appeared...

The Mothman sightings have stopped for a while...it just dissapeared as fast as it appeared...

agreed. i havent heard of any new sightings at all lately though either

I noticed that the sightings go through cycles

What cycles!?!? :o

Wash, rinse and hold. :yes:

Lapiche

What cycles!?!? :o

the sightings, I notice that some years there are some sightings, then a lot, than a few,then even fewer or none

the sightings, I notice that some years there are some sightings, then a lot, than a few,then even fewer or none

There was only 1 rash of sightings in Mt. Pleasant

Like the "bad heroin cycle". Only I think it's bad LSD. Those people in Point Pleasant will sniff dirty sneakers and dog crap for a high.

Lapiche

Like the "bad heroin cycle". Only I think it's bad LSD. Those people in Point Pleasant will sniff dirty sneakers and dog crap for a high.

Lapiche

:rofl::P:blink::rofl::rolleyes::wacko::D

Uhm, Frogfish, do a little more research, there was another series of sightings in 2003 in South Dakota.

Also, Mt Misery played a large part in Mothman Prophecies (the book). It may be very credible.

did anyone hear about the ufo sightings people had, around the same time the claim to have seen the mothman?

im just wondering, cause i heard it a while ago. maybe thinking the two are linked somehow. cause i have some far fetched ideas. but just wanted to know if anyone else heard about those. or has more info on it

I live right next to Mt. Misery and have never seen anything. All those old stories were probably made up and/or the result of people's overactive imaginations.

What's always intrigued me about the whole Mothman legend is the amout of eyewitnesses that have no incentive to lie or fabricate anything....now this most definitely does not mean that they(those witnesses) are seeing a "Mothman" or anything of the sort(like there is anything else of the "sort" flying around :wacko: )....but they are seeing something....the first thing that I look for when people come forward with a fantastic story like Mothman is the incentive for lying and fabricating/propagating such a story...money?...no....fame?...not really(maybe some isolated people).....what's the incentive?.....it intrigues me to an extent....but I'm still from Missouri(the show-me state) when it comes to 'ol Mothy.

• 3 years later...

There are recent sighting all over the world, it takes some time, but you can find em on the internet.

There are recent sighting all over the world, it takes some time, but you can find em on the internet.

actually, i dont think thats the case.

anyways, you do realize youre commenting on a thread thats 4 years old?