Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FORESTS cut them down or leave them?

~sYMBIONt~

FORESTS cut them down or leave them?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. FORESTS cut them down or leave them?

• cut em
    • leave em

I think we should leave them because forests=trees and trees=air so earth-forests=earth-trees=earth-air=earth-life except for underwater life. to make it simpler trees make air so no trees no air no life except for fish and stuff you decide humans= :innocent: my evil 3rd cousin= :devil: also forests of madagascar=lemurs

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~sYMBIONt~

• Falco Rex

• arkland

• Conspiracy

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh...into which category does Planned Forestry fall into?

i dunno leave em ? if it doesnt invole cuting then its leave em

But Planned Forestry involves both...you cut some, but leave others so that the impact on the area isn't as huge.

But Planned Forestry involves both...you cut some, but leave others so that the impact on the area isn't as huge.

if forests remain then its leave em

If it doesn't matter how many there are or how large of an area they take up, I don't see why anyone would say cut them.

I've heard that every adult human needs 4 trees to equal the oxygen they use up to keep the atmosphere healthy..

That said; leaving them alone seems healthy..

leave them alone, cut em down and the animals that depend on em die out and so do we since we need them for oxygen.

if people cut down the forrest then i would cry

I agree with Falco... we need them to survive, so it's healthy to leave them...

What I have seen of managed forestry is not all that great. They strip an area then they plant the kind of trees they want in neat rows. You end up with a forest of one kind of tree, monoculture. I wouldn't call that a healthly forest.

The other little trick the developers do here in SW Florida is they cut down most of the trees then they put up a sign "Tree Farm". They don't plant any more trees and the one that are left die, because Florida Pines seem to need to have other trees around them. Then after a year or two they take down the sign, knock down what is left of the trees and devolop the land into strip malls, golf courses, million dollar houses or condos. Makes me sick. :wacko:

Edited by Darkwind

Where I live (New Brunswick, Canada) they are constantly cutting down the forrests...heck, where I grew up isn't even the same place anymore... a couple years ago they clear cut straight from my (mothers) house to the lake :(

I say leave em'.

I think we should leave them because forests=trees and trees=air so earth-forests=earth-trees=earth-air=earth-life except for underwater life. to make it simpler trees make air so no trees no air no life except for fish and stuff you decide humans= :innocent: my evil 3rd cousin= :devil: also forests of madagascar=lemurs

Without trees (and say general plant/ planktonic life) and the production of oxygen yes, life on Earth will struggle.

However with increased carbon dioxide (an acidic gas) we would find water dissolving larger quantities. As a result water would become more acidic, killing life in seas.

With additional CO2 temps would increase and the result of this can be seen in Coral which is fast becoming bleached masses around Australia.

I voted keep trees, although a huge multistory tank of plankton in place of a forest would create more oxygen (?).

Trees are for aesthetics. :)

Leave the trees alone...the tress are the earths lungs...we need them...so do the wildlife....

I'm of the opinion forest fires are a good thing and we don't need houses or furniture or tools or paper, leave the trees alone.

If you ask me it's already too late. Too much of the Indonesian and Amazonian rainforests have already been destroyed. Catastrophic regional climate change is inevitable.