Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible Evidence

Astrocreep

I have viewed this video a couple times and have looked for a simple way to debunk it from a skeptics point of view, but I am finding it hard too find a simple solution to disprove it. I myself am becoming a beliver through personal experiences and have looked at these experiences in retrospect to find any evidence that would disprove the event in question.

If you have any solutions I would like to hear them.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jjbreen

• mattman

• ShaunZero

• drakonwick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nicely done video, I don't immediately see any way it could have been faked. This is literally the most convincing video I've seen yet, but I'm still going to reserve judgment. What magicians do often seems impossible as well, so it's really hard to judge this kind of thing from a video, or even live. It'd be nice if these people got themselves tested under objective, controlled circumstances, because until that is done, it can be very difficult to make accurate decisions regarding their validity.

This has been debunked many times in the past and with good reason. The answers is the application of heat.

Well you can't see what the guy is doing underneathe the table...could be a magnet or somethin

Well you can't see what the guy is doing underneathe the table...could be a magnet or somethin

How can you move a piece of paper with a magnet?

And this is kinda off topic, but why do people always use their hands when they are doing telekinesis? If it is done with your mind, pointing your hands/fingers at something would be quite useless.

Edited by the_scorpion

I have seen that video and have it saved actually to bad i didn't show it earlier on.

Edited by teledude

And this is kinda off topic, but why do people always use their hands when they are doing telekinesis? If it is done with your mind, pointing your hands/fingers at something would be quite useless.

its just for a visual for us... its easier to see it moving when you have your hand by it, i dont really know why i just know that it helps.

and bio mage, this video was never debunked, you just gave your opinion on it and the only thing that you could come up with was that heat from your hands would create thermals in the air that would rotate the wheel, but how would you go about moving it in different directions?

its cuz your hands are easy to visualize because theyre the thing you see most of... try seeing energy flowing frome your hands pretty easy considering how hard it is to see it flowing from your knee

that and energy dissapates exponentially the further away an object is from the source, and since most people dont have complete controll of the energy, putting your hands close would maximize the % of energy that reached its intended target (psi-wheel)

that, and heat doesnt affect something that precicely

that and energy dissapates exponentially the further away an object is from the source, and since most people dont have complete controll of the energy, putting your hands close would maximize the % of energy that reached its intended target (psi-wheel)

that, and heat doesnt affect something that precicely

lol thank you thats what we were trying to tell him in the other topic but he wouldnt listen. :tu:

lol thank you thats what we were trying to tell him in the other topic but he wouldnt listen. :tu:

I highly doubt the heat from a person's hands would heat the air, the jar, then the air inside the jar.

It sounds like skeptics have run out of ways to debunk psi wheels, or at least ones in closed containers.

ima make a videop identical to that exept with boiling cups of water nearby instead of hands, and see if the heat theory for something like this is accurate--how far away would you say the hands were, 4 inches?

That is a very nice video, however I believe that there is something to be said for the old saying "believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see."

I do not know how that video could have been faked, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't have been faked.

Let me give you all a clue before you rejoice in provinbg the heat theory wrong....

They never use hands to heat the jar...

Let me give you all a clue before you rejoice in provinbg the heat theory wrong....

They never use hands to heat the jar...

That still doesn't explain the wheel turning in different directions.

hes right bio-mage, i dont think that the heat explination holds up on this one, it all started seperate-and the wheel turned different directions according to how he held his hands- heating the glass or w/e wouldnt do that.

im not sayint there isnt an explination, its just i dont think that this isnt one of those times that the heat explination applies

and bio, how would you be able to chose when it spins and when it doesnt if the jar is bein heated?

The change of direction of the heat source, could easily account for that.

Also if the psi wheel is rotating on a metal pin, you could still use a magnet to affect the result by rotating the magnet along its axis which would also rotate the pin the same way.

but the pin is elevated off the table so even if there was a magnet it wouldnt be able to change the direction of the wheel.

he got you on that one

thats why the metal pin is above a clear container, so we can be sure that the pin isnt connected to a motor or something simmilar, otherwise that would be easy.

Perhaps the table was being heated from underneath? That would create a convection current inside the jar that would spin the psiwheel, especially given the psiwheel's shape. It would be better if it was done in a vacuum.

under the table could be heated, but that would not explain the stopping and change in direction.

under the table could be heated, but that would not explain the stopping and change in direction.

The direction is pretty much random, and it could be stopped by removing the heat source.

Someone should make a video very similar to that one, except they also pour a bunch of crushed lead particles on the surface to show that the influence of magnetism never occurs. They should also have a thermometer closeby too. AND... they should test/demonstrate the properties of both. For example: pour the lead particles onto the surface and then run a magnet close by to show that they are indeed attracted to the magnet. And the thermometer can easily be tested.