Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

High drama spacewalk ends in success

UM-Bot

news icon rIn a high-drama spacewalk on Monday, a pair of NASA astronauts overcame an issue with a loose jetpack to make crucial repairs to the International Space Station. The jetpacks are designed to whisk astronauts back to safety should they float away from the ISS and into space.

But once Mike Fossum had helped his partner Piers Sellers secure the jetpack, the two completed their work preparing the ISS for the expansion planned during future shuttle missions.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: New Scientist Space

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• ROGER

• IronGhost

• Wasntme

Top Posters In This Topic

Adventure is space! I love it! These astronauts are some cool customers. They should have rock-star status.

Adventure is space! I love it! These astronauts are some cool customers. They should have rock-star status.

Yeah they should. But how many Americans knows the name of 1 of the astronauts on the space shuttle. And how many people from the countries involved in the space station know the name of 1 person thats been on it. I'd wager it's very few. Hopefully one day pioneers like these will get the credit they deserve.

I see while using a spatchula to spread the tile repair material Piers dropped one out the Shuttle Doors.

Note to Mission Control: Put strings on all tools like little kids "Idiot Mittens". :P