Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Virginia witch given informal pardon

UM-Bot

news icon rThe Witch of Pungo is no longer a witch. Gov. Timothy M. Kaine on Monday gave an informal pardon to Grace Sherwood, who 300 years ago became Virginia's only person convicted as a witch tried by water."I am pleased to officially restore the good name of Grace Sherwood," Kaine wrote in a letter Virginia Beach Mayor Meyera Oberndorf read aloud before a re-enactment of Sherwood's being dropped into the river.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Wired

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carey Reagan

• UM-Bot

• Robert1

• Wasntme

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I must be the only person on the planet who doesn't understand the logic of clearing a dead person's name.

Pleasing a dead woman is less logical than throwing witches in water, and a lot less probable.

I think I must be the only person on the planet who doesn't understand the logic of clearing a dead person's name.

Pleasing a dead woman is less logical than throwing witches in water, and a lot less probable.

Actually I agree with you. I think it's just a politicians attempt to get a few votes.

Actually I agree with you. I think it's just a politicians attempt to get a few votes.

I do think you're correct in that theory.

In case of emergency, do something for the good of the community, regardless if it's pointless, right?

If you're busy looking like a good guy, no one will notice the drug dealers coming in through the backdoor. :tu: