Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Open War declared in the Middle East

eckogangsta

Everyone seems to be either chomping at the bit for this World War Three, or afraid that it wil happen and they'll miss out. I don't know if anyone caled it WWII until sometime afterwards. Let's face it people, we won't know that it was WWIII until after it's all ovre and the good guys win, if we do again. Even then, how long will it be before our children decide that it was devistating enough to earn the title? Two out of "three" were against "German Agression" of one form or the other. Are we going to cheat them out of the chance for three in a row before they even field the first tank?

That being said, I would bet my dollar on this being the next "Big One". It does seem to have all the required ingredients: An insatiable evil that will stop at nothing, a long list of people screaming for an immediate peace, and a fanatical devotion to a suedo-religion that instructs its followers to destroy the faithful.

It does seem like we've all seen this movie before. I just hope that they didn't change the ending to suit the hippys and thier love of the enemy. If this is the "Big One", Elizabeth had better get out of the way because, there will be a lot of people coming through, not just Fred Sanford.

If this is it, it will go nuclear. There are too many parties with an interest in how this comes out. Too many who do not agree. There is a limit on theresources available and more people needing the ever dwindeling supply. It would be too easy for the parties involved to drift into a mindset that would allow let this spread into a fight over natural resources.

On the other hand, we've had a lot of chances to engage in a new global war over the years. North Korea in the 1950's, pick any of the previous Israeli vs. Arab wars, how many proxie wars did the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. pittle with? Tis could very well be just another proxie war between the new super powers, the free world and the Arab World. Time will tell, and rather it's because of time or war, most of us won't be here to give it a name.

Edited by Lord Umbarger

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bella-Angelique

• Never_Hit_Nirvana

• Hermetic Hermit

• Shuriken