Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis

Thunderbolt

The major landmass seperated over two hundred million years ago, so what has that to do with atlantis???

Your posts seem full of nothing but rhetoric......

Your stubborn refusal to consider all but Cape Breton as a possibilty borders on the absurd. It seems that you are ignoring all evidence that may disagree with you.

yes i explianed that is how the capital island was formed just beyond the pillars,but my stubberness to ignorer the truth of cape breton is no way absurd, what evidence whoum out of the 20,000 books on the subject, has given any evidents of the island plato talks about.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• M.A.D CapeBretoner

• Pax Unum

• Bosanchero

• AtlantisRises

Whilst I've not seen any of Dr Raeside's papers on the geology of Nova Scotia, I fail to see how they have led you to the conclusion that Atlantis was part a mountain range formed hundreds of millions of years ago ....

Regardless of whether Cape Breton Island is formed from the roots of the highest mountain in that range, or whether it was geograhically the centre of the earth at the time, the simple fact is that there was not even any life on the surface of the planet when these mountains formed ... :yes:

Still, I suppose it would have made it easier for the Atlantean army to defeat the peoples of the Mediteranean if all they were were blue-green algae floating on a pond amid barren rocks .....

well essan i think you should look a littel harder for those papers they are there,and when did you become all knowing to say when life started here or any where.and i thought it was the greeks that liberated east of the pillars from the atlantean amy not blue-green algae.

Ancient city in another galaxy I say. The stories of which were brought to us from that alien race who settled on earth.

but cape breton is the center it's writen in the stone

If you believe everything that is written down you should see some of the stuff in the local bars mens room

Ancient city in another galaxy I say. The stories of which were brought to us from that alien race who settled on earth.

Yeah i've heard this theory as well and it has as much merit as any other. Though it need not be in another galaxy, could be in the next major star system and we'd have no way of knowing

city,galaxy,aliens what are ya talking about ?

If you believe everything that is written down you should see some of the stuff in the local bars mens room

Yeah i've heard this theory as well and it has as much merit as any other. Though it need not be in another galaxy, could be in the next major star system and we'd have no way of knowing

what i see is what i see, you see i have cleared an area to the bedrock on the highlands of cape breton and crossed it with the aireale pics i got and whats writen in stone is that somone carved the stone .it just so happens that when i crossed the geoligy with the myth i got capitale island of atlantis out of the make up of the stone that makes the island of cape breton.

i don't go to bars so i guess i won't see your name and number for a good time call or would i, it souds too personal to me

city,galaxy,aliens what are ya talking about ?

Its quite a common Raelian belief actually, basically it is thought that instead of being on earth atlantis was infact a city, or empire of the beings that seeded life on this earth, another idea is that it was the original settlement of these aliens

Really? Cause the last time I checked, the theory that Atlantis is a giant floating city built tens of thousands of years ago in the Pegasus galaxy isn't so much of a "theory" as it's a...

On 8/7/06 Coast to Coast George interviewed Robert Sarmast. Very interesting program. I think it would be awesome to finally find this land mass. Robert's interview was very convincing. And makes a lot of sense.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2006/08/07.html

Robert also co wrote the Sci-fi program that showed a couple of months ago.

Good stuff!!

theres one problem with cypress being the place for atlantis its not just beyond the pillars , and it was never there just beyond the pillars .maybe a city state but not the capital.you three can beleive what you want,but the truth is the truth,and cyprees is not the truth.

well essan i think you should look a littel harder for those papers they are there,and when did you become all knowing to say when life started here or any where.and i thought it was the greeks that liberated east of the pillars from the atlantean amy not blue-green algae.

M.A.D. - the rocks that today make up Cape Breton Island were formed during the Caledonian-Arcadian Orogeny during the Devonian Period, over 400,000,000 years ago - at which time life had yet to ermge from the seas. The Orogony came about as three ancient tectonic plates - Laurentia (N America), Baltica (Scotland and Scandinavia) and Avalonia (England, Wales and eastern parts of Nova Scotia and Newfoundland) collided.

It's a very interesting geological story - but has nothing whatsoever to do with the story of Atlantis which took place some 399,989,000 or so years later .....

M.A.D. - the rocks that today make up Cape Breton Island were formed during the Caledonian-Arcadian Orogeny during the Devonian Period, over 400,000,000 years ago - at which time life had yet to ermge from the seas. The Orogony came about as three ancient tectonic plates - Laurentia (N America), Baltica (Scotland and Scandinavia) and Avalonia (England, Wales and eastern parts of Nova Scotia and Newfoundland) collided.

It's a very interesting geological story - but has nothing whatsoever to do with the story of Atlantis which took place some 399,989,000 or so years later .....

it is quiet uneick but how the island was made is what i'm saying there had to be a place for life to come out of the sea and cape breton is that cradel for life to do just that.as for when life first started some time from when it was created till now.but the funny thing is there is tales of the ancient ones in the necronomicon and my guess they were here when the world was one, these cycles of life,keep comming rising and falling starting and ending. but this time it will start a new over here and it will end over there .

but the funny thing is there is tales of the ancient ones in the necronomicon and my guess they were here when the world was one,

the necronomicon isn't real either.... :no:

it is quiet uneick but how the island was made is what i'm saying there had to be a place for life to come out of the sea and cape breton is that cradel for life to do just that

Ah, but when life did come out of the sea, Cape Breton Island was at the heart of a Himalayan sized mountain chain, hundreds of miles from the sea ....... ;)

I can see how people would associate the Necronomicon with the Devonian. There were a lot of really weird and creepy creatures moving about.

None of them were after our souls though.

When I found that out, it was a big dissapointment :no:

Ah, but when life did come out of the sea, Cape Breton Island was at the heart of a Himalayan sized mountain chain, hundreds of miles from the sea ....... ;)

life at that time was crazy with all the strainge things that lived,there had to be the seperating of the sexes,with the seperating of north america and south america,and when that happened cape breton being the capestone of this huge mt fell the first time putting it just beyound the pillars creating the island which was the cradle of life and because of tectonic drift and pole shiffes you had a migeration of going north and going south.that ship that left so long ago has come back home.

Really? Cause the last time I checked, the theory that Atlantis is a giant floating city built tens of thousands of years ago in the Pegasus galaxy isn't so much of a "theory" as it's a...

Yes but it makes as much sense as a extremely high tech society that somehow existed without using up all fossilfuels or leaving long life waste such as nuclear waste, or plastics that can survive under certain circumstances for millenia

Yeah that was a shame when i learnt that..........

Yes but it makes as much sense as a extremely high tech society that somehow existed without using up all fossilfuels or leaving long life waste such as nuclear waste, or plastics that can survive under certain circumstances for millenia

And of course fodder for science fiction such as my favorite TV show which I was quoting and hoped at least someone would have gotten...

Perhaps Plato mentioning Atlantis existence is just an ordinary existence

of normal civilisation during his time, but one thing is he do mention about

the Atlantis civilisation have a good engineering and architecture system.

He just mention some portion of Atlantis existence expecially from the Dialog

of Critia and Timeaus. Perhaps he afraid to elaborate more on its existense due to what had happen to his teacher Socrates.

The other thing is, the existence of Atlantis that Plato get is from a Priest

of Egypt. From this point, we look at the existence of the Pyramid,

and our present scientist and professor from all over the world predicted

this pyramid is really really hard to being build by the Egyptian people

during that time, from the tools they use and the geographical structure

there.

And from the tomb of seti after the entrance of the pyramid we found

many hieligraphic of the Egyptian language and its nothing say about how

they build the pyramid, perhaps that is a tomb and all language they use is to define their belief and religion about life and death.

But we found an astronomy that which is inside of the pyramid of giza itself,

http://www.crystalinks.com/ancientaircraft.html

Is all futuristics technology of vehicles, and do u all really think the egyptian people who wrote this symbols? This symbols is very basic symbols and it does not require any translation and it written not at the pyramid wall and is written on the ceiling beam at the corner. i believe this has wriiten down before the ancient civilisation left and once the egyptian took over we hardly see all this symbols being found, all we found is symbols of egyptian god worship and their daily life activity, their culture,gods and none technology stuff, not at all!

On my prediction, the ancient people known our existence and that's why they had made those symbols for us, they want us to know their existence and perhaps onedays the truth that we found and we can build a better world not like something that happen to them and they left. There must be some reason behind all this.

i prefer to believe that its somewhere out there. i remeber watching this show years ago where they were diving in some waters off the bahamas and there were all thse ancient perfectly carved stone pathways and then they went into the junge and dived near these huge black rocks carved in to blocks

While it is possible that a powerful maritime civilization existed within the period of the ancient greeks, and the minoan civilization is the most likely one; which gave rise to the legend of atlantis, it would only have been a civilization of comparable scientific ability.

Other than through an alien race landing on earth, there is no time within the presently understood geologic and evolutionary time frame for even one High tech civilisation to have developed on earth before our own. People tend to confuse geologic ages(Billions of years)/non human like life on earth (hundreds of millions of years)/ human like primates( less than 10 million years)/and what we would classify as modern humans(considerably less than 100,000 years) I stand to be corrected on details, but those are approx correct.

The way evolution occurred, it took all that time to produce one intelligent/thinking species and get to our present level of technology. Apart from the lack of any evidence for any early civilization, there wasn't time for it to evolve. For example we know there were no human like creatures around during the age of the dinosaurs for obvious reasons. This leaves us with "alien" civilizations, which are possible, but why would they bother, given that they would be dealing with, at best, apes at a lower level than Australopithecene. While i would like to believe, history suggests that Atlantis was one of the first urban legends.

The way evolution occurred, it took all that time to produce one intelligent/thinking species and get to our present level of technology. Apart from the lack of any evidence for any early civilization, there wasn't time for it to evolve.

That's not really true, though. The genus Homo has only been around for about 5-7 million years. And Homo sapiens has only been around for about 250,000 years. Considering that life on earth is about 3.5 billion years old, there's certainly more than enough time for another species to have evolved to sentience and then been wiped out. Time is not really an issue.

For example we know there were no human like creatures around during the age of the dinosaurs for obvious reasons. This leaves us with "alien" civilizations, which are possible, but why would they bother, given that they would be dealing with, at best, apes at a lower level than Australopithecene. While i would like to believe, history suggests that Atlantis was one of the first urban legends.

Now, I'm not saying humans were around at the time of the dinosaurs. Please don't think I'm saying that (and anyone who believes in that really should do me a favor and NOT use anything I say as positive for their argument). It might seem as if we have oodles and oodles of fossils, but really what we have is so incredibly tiny compared to what life on earth was at the time, it is entirely possible that there were sentient species living on earth at that time. We just might not have found anything yet. Geologic forces are awesome and extreme and can completely obliterate everything that might have been there before.

There could possibly have been a species that evolved from previous species on the planet that was living here and we just haven't found any traces yet. Like I said, we're only limited to what we've found, and as any archaeologist knows, sometimes a depression in the ground indicates a settlement. And if that was only in 10,000 years, imagine what can get destroyed in millions of years!

Of course, this is kind of ridiculous to place Atlanteans before human history, because who would be around to tell the story of Atlantis?

I wouldn't rule out aliens entirely, but I think it's most likely that Atlantis is merely a conglomeration of stories of different destroyed civilizations/cities (Thera for one) that turned into a legend.

Though I still say floating city built by ascended masters in the Pegasus galaxy.

Some researcher found that the hieroglyphs at the ABYLOS Temple of

Egypt on "Abydos helicopter" which is found at the side of the wall is

FAKE OR someone just purposely created it.

http://www.ufocom.org/pages/v_us/m_archeo/Abydos/abydos.html

Wheather sometimes is true or fake is really really hard to know, sometimes people won't easily believe because they never see it or they

just don't believe it.

Hope more clues outhere giving us to reveal out the truth and all the

puzzle will be able to solve giving us time and the determination to find!

As I was writing my first entry, I realised that someone could look at the time scales and say "hey there is plenty of time for another sentient species to evolve. It only took us 10 million years, that leaves 80 million to play around with, since the dinosaurs.

The trouble is that our own species evolutionary process is quite tightly tied in and proven (if you accept the theory of evolution at all) with the evolution of animals, from the dinosaurs to modern man. You would have to go back to to an unknown time before the dinosaurs and create a whole new evolutionary process to get to a different result. And it is in this time frame that you just run out of time. There is really only time for it all to have happened once.

There is absolutely no accepted evidence at all that some branch of evolution broke off between the dinosaurs and the present to create a different sentient species. Yes, isolated pockets of such people may have lived and had their existence wiped out by geologic change, but to reach an advanced technology the population would have been widespread and radically changing its own environment. this would have left evidence discoverable. even now. While there have been some odd discoveries of possible advanced technologies over the years, it is more likely that these( If they are real at all) come from space travellers who could have settled permanently or temporarily in one or more locations on earth. Such a possibility more neatly fits the earliest oral and written stories, such as the one which began this debate. Even the bible can, and has been, interpreted in this way.

But i must agree that a floating city in the pegasus galaxy is the most appealing to me, as one who is an avid watcher of both the original Stargate, and Atlantis. You have to be avid when your local network puts new season's episodes on after 11 at night. Never mind. I have managed to collect the first 120 episodes on D.V.D. so far, and hope to eventually get the lot.

Edited by Mr Walker