Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis

Thunderbolt

well if the glaciers carved out the bedrock of cape breton island like thoughs educated ideotes say it has well you would have crooves in the rock that go in a some what of a streaight line being controled by gravetie what i mean is something so big as a glacier can't make sharp truns.

you can see this in n.y state i think were the glacier scraped the rock you can see the scratches in the bedrock.

what i mean when it comes to cape breton is that ,the island was not at the level above sea level as it is today .

the story that we have from plato is that a land mass sank an island and it went beneth the waves ,now because of the make up of cape breton with all its terranes and rock mass

and location gives it the spot to look .

the simple fact that this island was at a great hight above sea level in the past,

and with dectonics and the moveing of the plates that make up north america.

this pillar cape breton came down to earth and the signs are all over this island that i call home if you know were to look and how.

the shadows of the past shine through in a splender of beauty a great time to see this is druing celtec colours in the fall and travel the cabot trail and you will see.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• M.A.D CapeBretoner

• Pax Unum

• Bosanchero

• AtlantisRises

Yes I do "Believe", (spell it right) in Atlantis, however I do not believe it to be exactly as Plato described it. I think it is more like 5000 to 7000 years ago in the Mediterranean Sea at the isle of Crete. Knossos being one of the cities in Atlantis. Even though it is called the center of the Minoan Civilization, the Minoan and the Atlantean Civilzations may be the same thing. As for the part of it submerging underwater, a volcano erupted at Santorini, basically a small scale of a super volcano and sent tidal waves and made a big gaping hole in the island. This is what many believe to be the end of the Minoan/ Atlantean Civilization before the ancient Greeks came to the isle of Crete. This would make sense as it is older than when Plato wrote his myth of Atlantis and it is in his surrounding sphere of influence. The Americas were not known to the Europeans at this period in time including Plato yes.. so this Atlantis he spoke of couldn't have been over there. Although it is not 12,000 years old this was a very advanced ancient civilization indeed, finds including intracite sewage systems and architectural marvels at the palace of Knossos. The surrounding islands and landmasses around Santorini may have also been a part of Atlantis, having a vast trading network. Also on the island of santorini, below hundreds of feet of ash, a culture roughly 5,000 years old was found very well preserved, proving there had been a civilization in the Mediterranean sea before 3000 B.C. and that the super volcano at Santorini had destroyed it in roughly 1650 B.C.

So there you have it, watch the special on the Discovery channel, as I believe this to be the most accurate theory for Atlantis. However, I don't think Atlantis was as technologically advanced as Plato described it, but probably the most technologically advanced of its time period.

Any comments or questions you have for my explanation just refer to my name Bokonontheancient. Thanks.

P.S. - a link to some of the facts I got. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/...60429124854.htm

Before there can be any talk of Atlantis as truth it is necessary to find an Egyptian account of Atlantis.

Until this is done there can be no proof that Plato didn't just make the story up...

Until there is evidence of Atlantis from an Egyptian source it can be considered nothing but a work of fiction.

Why is it only limited to an Egyptian's account of Atlantis for you?

Because Plato claims that he got his information on Atlantis from an Egyptian priest. If the Egyptians did not have knowledge of Atlantis then Plato either lied about his source or it was a work of fiction all along

Yes I do "Believe", (spell it right) in Atlantis, however I do not believe it to be exactly as Plato described it. I think it is more like 5000 to 7000 years ago in the Mediterranean Sea at the isle of Crete. Knossos being one of the cities in Atlantis. Even though it is called the center of the Minoan Civilization, the Minoan and the Atlantean Civilzations may be the same thing. As for the part of it submerging underwater, a volcano erupted at Santorini, basically a small scale of a super volcano and sent tidal waves and made a big gaping hole in the island. This is what many believe to be the end of the Minoan/ Atlantean Civilization before the ancient Greeks came to the isle of Crete. This would make sense as it is older than when Plato wrote his myth of Atlantis and it is in his surrounding sphere of influence. The Americas were not known to the Europeans at this period in time including Plato yes.. so this Atlantis he spoke of couldn't have been over there. Although it is not 12,000 years old this was a very advanced ancient civilization indeed, finds including intracite sewage systems and architectural marvels at the palace of Knossos. The surrounding islands and landmasses around Santorini may have also been a part of Atlantis, having a vast trading network. Also on the island of santorini, below hundreds of feet of ash, a culture roughly 5,000 years old was found very well preserved, proving there had been a civilization in the Mediterranean sea before 3000 B.C. and that the super volcano at Santorini had destroyed it in roughly 1650 B.C.

So there you have it, watch the special on the Discovery channel, as I believe this to be the most accurate theory for Atlantis. However, I don't think Atlantis was as technologically advanced as Plato described it, but probably the most technologically advanced of its time period.

Any comments or questions you have for my explanation just refer to my name Bokonontheancient. Thanks.

P.S. - a link to some of the facts I got. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/...60429124854.htm

crete is a good place to see a city state of atlantis but not the capital island.

the make up of crete being a volcano is to young and was formed after the capital island.

and if you retrace dectonic drift back to the one land mass ,crete is inside the pillars ,and cape breton island would be in the right place just beyond the pillars.

when the seperation of the land mass happened cape breton of today being the capstone of a great pillar subsided and when the dust setteled the island of cape breton was just beyond the pillars and through dectonic drift north america went in a counter clock wise motion and you have were its at today.

Because Plato claims that he got his information on Atlantis from an Egyptian priest. If the Egyptians did not have knowledge of Atlantis then Plato either lied about his source or it was a work of fiction all along

there is more then likly something on atlantis in egypt you just got to find it ,but there is many cases were a new guy comes into power and he would clear all that was before.

when the island subsided they lost that that was the father our god in truth.

the people of this island were spread to the four corners of the earth,and had to start over and this took many generation to accur.

there is more then likly something on atlantis in egypt you just got to find it ,but there is many cases were a new guy comes into power and he would clear all that was before.

That may be so. But until it is found there is NO supporting evidence for Platos works. Until it is found it is just a fable.

there is another way of finding the truth behind atlantis ,find a place in the atlantic and having all the signs of atlantis ,if one knows what to look for.

i found that place in cape breton,from the make up of the stone to the culter of the people that live here.

M.A.D - you're crazy, and you need to learn how to spell. Read the dictionary please. Why are you so hooked on Cape Brenton anyways, and as a scholar you need to take in different varying viewpoints to better understand the subject matter at hand..

In the Atlantis debate it is very important to remember that the ONLY historical account of Atlantis comes from Plato. Therefore that is the ONLY means of proof available. The texts of Plato have been retranslated and edited many times.

And most importantly there is NO reason to think he was doing anything else then writing a fiction/fable. He was one of the greatest authors of fiction of all time so why should Timaues or Critaeus be any different

M.A.D - you're crazy, and you need to learn how to spell. Read the dictionary please. Why are you so hooked on Cape Brenton anyways, and as a scholar you need to take in different varying viewpoints to better understand the subject matter at hand..

as far as being crazy two docs,say i'm not,and i did take in to account but the others don't have the right timelines.

cape breton has the right make up in the rock it was at the right location in the past(tectonic drift)and the island of today is the capestone of that great pillar that subsided at least 4 times in the past.

In the Atlantis debate it is very important to remember that the ONLY historical account of Atlantis comes from Plato. Therefore that is the ONLY means of proof available. The texts of Plato have been retranslated and edited many times.

And most importantly there is NO reason to think he was doing anything else then writing a fiction/fable. He was one of the greatest authors of fiction of all time so why should Timaues or Critaeus be any different

this maybe so but we still have a story of a capital island that i find very simalar to cape breton.

this maybe so but we still have a story of a capital island that i find very simalar to cape breton.

Atlantis supposedly WAS an island, what do you mean by 'capital island'? Plato says:

on this island there was a "mountain not very high on any side." that Poseidon carved the inland mountain where his love dwelt into a palace and enclosed it with three circular moats of increasing width, varying from one to three stadia and separated by rings of land proportional in size. The Atlanteans then built bridges northward from the mountain, making a route to the rest of the island. They dug a great canal to the sea, and alongside the bridges carved tunnels into the rings of rock so that ships could pass into the city around the mountain; they carved docks from the rock walls of the moats. Every passage to the city was guarded by gates and towers, and a wall surrounded each of the city's rings. The walls were constructed of red, white and black rock quarried from the moats, and were covered with brass, tin and orichalcum, respectively.

do you think Cape Breton is the remains of this mountain? doe's Cape Breton have red, white and black rock? are there ruins of the palace? are the moats and tunnels there?

LINK-> Atlantis

Unfortaunately Hapgood's theory is 50 yeras out of date (we've since discovered these thing called plate tectonics which explains everything 100 times better than Hapgood's theory) and Antarctica has been rather cold and icey for a good few million years.

Still, if Atlantis was Antarctica, and there was no Athens 10,000 years ago, then that can only mean that ...................... Plato's tale was based on a great war in which an army of penquins invaded the Mediterranean only to be defeated by 2 cavemen and a goat :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Plate Tectonics possibly explains the motion of the Continental Plates around the globe but it assumes that the drift of the Plates is a constant motion. There is no evidence that says that this is the case.

By extrapolating a 3 cm per year drifting of the South American and African Plates does not prove they were together as part of Pangea 220 million years ago.

Plate Techtonics does not disprove Hapgoods theory one bit, if anything, the two theories go hand in hand.

As for the icey Antarctica.... The Oronteus Finaeus Map!

Well done for dragging that in pax. :tu:

Its amazing how many talk about the research and knowledge they have of atlantis and yet have NEVER read the works of Plato.

Here is the surviving text of Critias by Plato

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/critias.html

And here is Timaues

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/timaeus.html

Read them and then you have a right to argue about atlantis

Edited by AtlantisRises

Atlantis -

It will never be proven real nor will be found a fruad. It's a legend and they are important. It's a mystery that allow people to dream and go on adventures real or in the mind.

Lengends never die, they only build as time go bys.

Atlantis will always be 'real' in the minds and imaginations of man, which is not a bad thing.

Atlantis supposedly WAS an island, what do you mean by 'capital island'? Plato says:

do you think Cape Breton is the remains of this mountain? doe's Cape Breton have red, white and black rock? are there ruins of the palace? are the moats and tunnels there?

LINK-> Atlantis

yes three ginds of granate yes , and yes, the moats are the water ways the of the bra'dor lakes of todayand the maira river.

if you went around cape breton you would see for your self what cape breton has .

LINK-> Atlantis

atlantis was made up of islands ,the continate large ones, two i think,what i'm saying is that these large ones were squished together,thets say that the first one is east of the missippi and has the appalations mts in the north it stopes at the st lawerance and all points inbetween.

the second not in any order or anything but is north of the st lawerance with qubec and labad'or.

the smaller islands that are on the edges with the carabbeans islands in the south and the thousand or so that are all over the north.

Plate Tectonics possibly explains the motion of the Continental Plates around the globe but it assumes that the drift of the Plates is a constant motion. There is no evidence that says that this is the case.

By extrapolating a 3 cm per year drifting of the South American and African Plates does not prove they were together as part of Pangea 220 million years ago.

Plate Techtonics does not disprove Hapgoods theory one bit, if anything, the two theories go hand in hand.

As for the icey Antarctica.... The Oronteus Finaeus Map!

but the way the north america is drifting do's give me a clue how it's in a counter clockwise

motion and how all of north america is like islands with the way the fault lines run though it.

but the way the north america is drifting do's give me a clue how it's in a counter clockwise

motion and how all of north america is like islands with the way the fault lines run though it.

WAKE UP

AMERICA DIDNT DRIFT OVER NIGHT !!! AND ATLANTIS IF IT EVER DID DIDNT EXIST MILLIONS OF YEAS AGO !!!

yes three ginds of granate yes , and yes, the moats are the water ways the of the bra'dor lakes of todayand the maira river.

if you went around cape breton you would see for your self what cape breton has .

If you're so sure there are traces of an ancient culture on Cape Breton, why aren't you bringing the evidence to National Geographic, or at least the local University? :unsure:

Edited by Pax Unum