Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What could it be.

Can any one out there explain if what happen yesterday was a paronarmal experiace or im i just going nuts.

I was in my room watching some tv the door to my room was ajar about 6in. All the windows in the house was shut and the doors were lock have to keep them lock day and night round here not safe to keep them unlocked.

I thought i heard some thing at the door and when i looked up i though i saw a hand there and the door slamed shut no one else was in the house with me at the time and as soon as i plucked  up courage to go look there was nothing at the other side of the door.

Not sure what to think it not the first time some thing like that has happen it freaked me out for the rest of the day.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SpaceyKC

• Loonboy

• Kira

• Ghostboo

Do you have any fans in the house?  Or even when the central air comes on in my house,  it can pull doors shut. Do you have any pets?  They can be very talented sometimes.  If you have something hanging on the door,  it could have been what you thought was a hand.  Sometimes if you're thinking of something (like what's on tv),  your mind will 'see' things your eyes don't.  

BTW,  how old is your house?  Have you ever experienced anything like that before?  The main thing is, you're definitely not nuts,  because you think you see something that may or may not be there.  You have an active imagination!  :s03

KC

[blue]

The important thing is: it didn't hurt you. Spirits/ghosts rarely come into direct contact with people physically. So whatever it was may have wanted to get your attention, but probably did not intend to freak you out.

That said, I would have freaked out.

In our house a long time ago (15 years or more) the door to the lounge sometimes shook violently as if someone was trying to get in. These shakings lasted for a few seconds and then nothing. Invariably I was the one to go open the door but there was never anything behind it.

If you have actually seen a hand, then maybe it was a manifestation of the spirit/ghost.

If you are brave, you might try to contact it and find out more about it. If not, throw holy water everywhere....

[/blue] ;D

:s09 I have had similar experiences I live in a house that was built 1920 and the last owner had it from when it had been built, he died here.

When I first moved in with my partner, my keys used to be moved and then ornaments etc. I also used to catch a prescence ot of the corner of my eye and every nite the third stair would creak @10:30, which I found out was his bedtime.

He has never hurt me or my daughter or partner u can tell when he's around it goes cold and the cats freak out. An ex friend came around and he made it clear that he didn't like him by making him feel very uncomfortable(he's a practising Satanist) and he felt he had to leave(so much for being soooo brave)

But if there is someone/ something there then it may be trying to get ur attention for whatever reason....just be cautious in how u get to know whatever it is.

Thanks for the advice every one. Sorry its been some time for me to post a reply but iv had puter probs.

KC: I think my house is around 90 years old. I dont have any pets and i have a fan but it is in the loft not got it out yet for summer. There was nothing hanging on the door.

Iv had some thing simular happen to me but not at this house. Its a long story if you want me to post it let me know and i will do.

Loonboy & Celtic,

Thanks for the advice i dont know if i im brave enough to try to get in tuch with what every this is. Im not all that sure how to any way. Im gald i am not the only one this has happen to. Same as you Celtic i don't think what ever it is will harm me but it just spooked me at the time. The day that is happen would have been my Grandad's Bday may be that had some thing to do with it i did come to me about it been his birthday untill a few days after it had happen.

once again thanks for the advice all.  :st

P.s please excuse spelling lol

:sj could well have been you grandad I know I saw mine on his birthday while I was carrying my daughter and that started with him closing the door

Were you close to him? the reason why I ask is that he is my gaurdian.

and the day before I had asked if he would be proud of me etc and that nite after the door closing I smelt coffee in the middle of the nite went downstairs and he was in my kitchen drinking coffee and smoking his pipe.. we then had long conversation about things that had happened in my life.

I have not seen him for a while but I know he is around so may be if you get the chance it may be an idea to speak to him even if you feel silly at speaking to thin air you'll be amazed how much it will mean to both of u and have much more at peace you feel. It may be worth a try? :D

Thanks again Celtic

Yes we were very close to each other i use to go see him every day form me being a baby we spent hours together talking and going for walks. Up utill 2 years before he died. He had altzamas and in the end it was sad to see what he became. But i still went to see him and talked over old times.

Thanks for the idea of talking with him i think i will try that and see what happens.

bantonp,that is very strange indeed.i've had similar experiences with the closet door opening by itself.but it's so cluttered it's bound to open.anyway,if you have an old house,it might be a ghost but maybe you thought you saw the hand and like kc said,it might have been a fan or something.

Hi ghostboo thanks for your post, i dont have a fan in the room were this happen no windows were open and alll the frount and back doors were locked so no one could have come in and caused a draf for the door to slam. I usualy have my room door shut as well but i did not have it shut that morning. But since it happend iv made sure the door is shut so that it carnt happen again.

I have been wondering if the spirits of those who died,  will only make a certain degree of contact,  that they think you can handle.

I have had a recent experience in my house.  There is a very distinct sound you hear when someone opens the front door,  and twice this week I have heard that sound.  But when I go to the door,  it is locked and no one is there. Could it be my father checking on me?  When I first moved here (before he got sick), he put up panelling in one of the bedrooms. He did a great job of it,  but I wanted a change,  so I removed it so I could paint the walls.  Could he be showing his disdain at having his handywork destroyed?   ???

[blue]

I once heard an odd sound/voice when nobody else was around at work. I discussed it with some colleagues and thought no more of it, but one of my workmates mentioned it to another guy who worked for the company and he came to see me. His wife is a medium and he's developing his own skills. He asked about the sound and then said that someone was standing next to me and wanted to tell me something. I was an uncle of mine who had died a few months before.

Anyway, the point is, the spirits can't pick up a phone to get in touch with you, so they sometimes have to go all around the houses to get the message to you. The odd sound/voice was their way of getting my attention so that I would end up in contact with the spiritualist/medium colleague, who could relate the message for me. Convoluted, but it worked.

I kinda felt chuffed because a spirit wanted to talk to me. lol.

[/blue] :se

yes KC i think that is right i know that i would not be able to cope with any of my grandparents just turning up out of the blue, i  know that they would not harm me if they did but they also know that i would freak me out completly to see them just standing there. i agree that they would just give us what we could cope with. although the door thing did freak me out quit a bit.  

Maybe they will go as far as playing little tricks on us,  or we see a quick flash,  like what you saw.   Like tonight,  other people were in the house,  but being very quiet (no banging doors or bumping walls),  yet all of a sudden,  a picture fell off the wall right next to me!  The only part missing in this story that would make it like your typical ghost story is, if the picture was of my dad! (actually it was a drawing of a cat, that my daughter drew).  Maybe it was my dad saying,  Happy Mother's Day!  :D  (He should have chosen the one beside it,  which is a picture of my daughter!)   ???

I have had some simular expereces of pictures falling for now reason. when it does happen though with me it usualy means some thing bad is going to happen. on the 1st of march this year a pic of my little girl fell down form on top of the book case were i keep it and the night my dad was rushed into hospital. Then another time i pic of my dog fell and my brother had a car crash. It is more the likely a coincidence but i dont like to see my pic fall.  :s6

Understandable.

You say you've kept the door shut so it can't happen again - have you  considered keeping the door slightly ajar to see if you can get the same thing to happen again?

When it happen it freaked me out a little so iv not had the door a jar since then, its a good idea though  just to see if any else does happen again.

[blue]

That's a good idea PS.

Of course it requires nerves of steel and a sense of adventure. But worth a try.

Freaky.

[/blue] :s3

well not got nerves of steel but im going to have a try have the house to my self this weekend the little one is  at her grandmas so make sure all door are shut apart form the one in question and see what happens if any thing.  :s4

Bantonp,

Have you a phone number of someone who could be there quickly,  if you should need support?  Sometimes,  just knowing that can help with the nerves.

[blue]

I find that this number might help:

[/blue]0800 100 SPOOKS

[blue]

Who ya gonna call?

GHOSTBUSTERS

[/blue]

:st LOL :s2 :s2 @ Loonboy

but seriously bantonp you may need a number to call just in case it happens again or just post ot on here i'm sure they'll be someone around to help out and most of our IM or email addy are on here :st

LOL loonboy ill make sure i put that number in my phone book.  :s2

I have a freind that i can ring up if any thing does happen, but if any thing does i will post it here as well.

Thanks for you help every one. :st

:s2  GOOD ONE  LB!!!   :s2

(got that number handy,  do ya?)