Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Just a coincedence?

PurpleStuart

As some of you may have noticed i've been a bit silent recently over the last week as i have been at the Whitby Gothic Weekend, a goth music festival held twice a year at (you guessed it) Whitby, North Yorkshire. For those who don't know it's an old fishing village, the abbey there was sacked by the Vikings so that'll give you an idea of how long the place has been around for.

By last monday night most of the 1200 - 1500 goths had gone home but a few friends and I stayed on till tuesday.  We had all congregated round where some friends were staying - an old fishermans cottage which could easily date back to the 1600's - sitting around and chatting about the last few days events and polishing off the last of the alcohol.

The conversation turned more spooky as it got later and one of the guys who was staying there showed us the guest book in which many of the previous guests had mentioned that the house was haunted. I told them my story about a different house i had stayed in, in Ross-on-wye where a door started opening and shutting itself by it's own volition (i must have posted this story elsewhere on this forum in more detail if you wish to look).

Soon after this we left - our taxi had arrived - and we let ourselves out leaving those left in the main room.

On getting in the taxi my friend Kieran pointed out that i had left their front door open. I was about to get out and close it when it closed itself! No-one could be seen closing it and it was one of those doors that if not shut properly would swing open, not shut.

I phoned one of my friends who we left in the house a couple of days later (yesterday actually) to tell him about this and to see if some had actually closed the door without us seeing. He told me that no-one had left the room and further more later on one of them started to talk about a previous experience where he was in a house where a bulb exploded, and as soon as he said it the bulb in the room they were sitting in went!!

Could it be just two coincedences that past events discussed should happen again or was someone trying to tell us something?  

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PurpleStuart

• Althalus

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a real phenomenonmenonmenon  phenomenon, sorry that always happens, i can never say that.  I can't think what it is called tho.

what gets me tho is that the events that each of us told about were repeated as or just after we told of them. It was as if a ghost was listening in and copying them.