Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Devil In Suburbia

dancin'hamster

So.........does His Naughtiness exist?

If you believe in God, then surely you believe in Satan, the Fallen One. It's like yin and yang, light and dark, etc etc...

A great many people DO believe in 'Him', and are convinced that strange things that happen to them are down to the Devil. I remember talking to a woman on the bus (yeah - I get 'em all - fegular Freak Magnet me) and she told me that the Devil had made her car run out of petrol on the way to church.... dontgetit.gif

Anyhoo, another tale from Tom........what do you make of it?

'In 1922, the father of a family of five living at a house on Livingston Drive in south Liverpool got in touch with a priest named Father Williams and told him that the dwelling was being haunted by a terrifying apparition. The priest was naturally sceptical at first, but he went along to the house in Aigburth, and he witnessed violent poltergeist activity. Knives flew out of a draw containing cutlery and stabbed at the priest's palms, and on another occasion, hot lumps of glowing coal flew out of the fireplace and showered the priest and the family in the living room. An older priest arrived and he advised the family to pack and stay with relations until the "problem" could be sorted out. The family did this, and stayed with relatives up in Spellow Lane in Kirkdale. They were in such a state, the local parish priest counselled them.

The supernatural activity in the house on Livingston Drive became more intense. Yellowish acrid vapours rose from the carpets, and grotesque grinning faces appeared on the walls in the form of damp stains. An investigator from a psychical research society fled from the house after seeing a demonic head appear in the flames of the fire. The head said something personal that was only understood by the man, and he never went back into that house. In the cellar of the abandoned house, the floor would seem to give away, and the cries of tormented voices would be heard. Holy water was thrown down there in copious amounts, but it only seemed to provoke the chilling sound of hysterical laughter. A neighbour who ventured into the house to see what all the talk about ghosts was about, watched in horror when a huge shiny black beetle about 6 inches long came running at him down the hallway. The neighbour was so terrified, he ran out the house in blind panic, and twisted his ankle. A psychical researcher in London named Harry Price also followed the case with interest when news leaked out.

An elderly nun who had dealt with visitations of the Devil and was familiar with his crafty shenanigans, was asked to help. She left the convent in Hope Street and was driven to Livingston Drive. She carried her rosary, a Bible, and a silver crucifix. More importantly, she carried her faith, which was very strong. Much stronger than the average cleric.

As the car she was travelling in was speeding down Windsor Street, a swarm of hornets attacked the vehicle. The driver had to veer off down Northumberland Street to escape the swarm. The nun suspected that the hornets were an obstacle from Satan to delay her. As the old car was travelling up Park Road, the chassis started to shake violently, and the driver said something was wrong with the steering.

The nun told him to drive on and said a series of prayers, and the car stopped vibrating. However, on Aigburth Road, a beautiful gleaming yellow Bentley screeched to a halt in front of the car the nun was in. Two beautiful young ladies were in the Bentley, and the one who was driving sounded her horn and waved frantically at the driver of the car that was taking the nun to the troubled house.

The lady was very attractive, and she wore her hair in a bob. The driver stopped the car and asked what the matter was. He seemed entranced by the lady and her friend as they giggled and pointed to the bonnet of the Bentley. The nun left the vehicle and surveyed the ladies but they ignored her. The nun believed the women were another illusion of the Devil that had been conjured up to hinder and frustrate her attempts to reach the house on Livingston Drive. The nun urged the driver to take her to the house, but he seemed blissfully ignorant, because the two young ladies were taking off his jacket and telling him to fix the Bentley's engine.

The nun flagged down another vehicle and told the driver to take her to Livingston Drive. He did, but for some reason, he couldn't find the street. He had been reared in South Liverpool and knew the area well, but all of a sudden, he seemed confused, and he apologised to the nun. She left the car and found the house straight away. What happened next isn't too clear, but years later, one of the priests said the nun went into the cellar reciting "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me…" and so on. About five minutes later, an enormous long shadowy thing- about 30 feet in length, rose out of the cellar and passed through the top of the house. It had two bright points of light on it which looked like eyes, and it faded away as it drifted over towards the local park. It vanished into the evening sky. The nun allegedly claimed that the thing had been one of the ancient fallen angels that had been cast down onto the earth with Lucifer a long time ago. The nun felt that it had been awakened by someone in the neighbourhood who had been dabbling with the Occult. Not long afterwards, the man who had helped the two ladies in Bentley said that just after the nun had left, they had ignored him and drove off without saying a word.'

Hammy x x x

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cufflink

• dancin'hamster

• Blood Angel

• AnimangaBloodThorn

Oooh...I would have been inclined to believe the incidents in the house, Hammy, but the twists in the story later on made me think I was reading a movie plot.

Would something really have the power to affect people from a distance? Make women appear to distract the driver? Sounds a bit bible-sermony to me. Also, if the entity was that powerful, why didn't it just go after the nun?

Might have been a real case blown up into something it wasn't. Like the Amityville stuff.

I'm rambling. I'll shut up and mince off somewhere. wink2.gif

Hmmm...nice story dancin'hamster,thank for sharing.....I do belive that the devil sometime mislead the human to do some bad thing.. devil.gif

as long as we keep on our faith on god and try to ignore all seduction of the bad DEVIL... original.gif

Would something really have the power to affect people from a distance? Make women appear to distract the driver? Sounds a bit bible-sermony to me. Also, if the entity was that powerful, why didn't it just go after the nun?

I hear ya Cuffy sweetie - it is a bit cheesy sounding isn't it?

Then again, I've spoken to a priest and read LOTS of bits & bobs, and they swear that this kind of stuff happens.......and worse........like Man City fans *shudder*

Hammy x x x

My preacher way back when I still went to church, always said the devil can't make lyou do anything, and to say the devil made you do it is a form of blasphemy. I tend to agree.

This does sound quite convoluted, now that you mention it, though.

Oooh...I would have been inclined to believe the incidents in the house, Hammy, but the twists in the story later on made me think I was reading a movie plot.

Yes, like 'what happened next was...'

Would something really have the power to affect people from a distance? Make women appear to distract the driver?

When magick is afoot synchronicities and 'coincidences' occur.

Might have been a real case blown up into something it wasn't. Like the Amityville stuff.

Could have been some exaggeration in the re-telling.

Then again, I've spoken to a priest and read LOTS of bits & bobs, and they swear that this kind of stuff happens.......and worse........like Man City fans *shudder*

huh.gif

Who-? Wha-? Wher-?

You and I are going to have words over this, young hamster. blink.gif

Stern words. wink2.gif

*shakes in boots ~ NOT*

laugh.gif

*shakes in boots ~ NOT*

laugh.gif

crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif

Abuse and derision.

That's all I seem to get, these days. crying.gif

Sorry Cuffs

grotesque grinning faces appeared on the walls in the form of damp stains.

blink.gif That happens all the time in my aunt's basement... scared.gifscared.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifscared.gifscared.gif

NowI've seen it. Atleast they aren't very "Grotesque"And I'm pretty sure I haven't spelled that right. Just realistic faces appear... and they seem to stare at you... maybe it's my imagination tho.

Good story! I like, lol.

Cya! bounce.gif

My housemates call me the devil, too many times have i had a bible thrown at me and various verses recanted on my ass, dunno why they think i'm the devil tho, slayer isn't that bad blink.gif

i had a bible thrown at me and various verses recanted on my ass

huh.gif

Why?

What's wrong with your `ass?' blink.gif