Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fish with 'teeth' caught

UM-Bot

news icon rLate Tuesday afternoon, a fisherman hooked a fish he says he`s never seen before and lake officials are just as amazed: a 20-pound fish with what looks like human teeth. Scott Curry has caught thousands of fish at Buffalo Springs Lake.

He knew his catch was something special from the time he hooked it."It took a long time to (reel)in," he says. "I didn`t want to lose it. I was afraid line would break on it.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Kamc28.tv

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• smallpackage

• Seand

• Bella-Angelique

I`ve lived out here 36-years, and I`ve never seen a fish like that out here in my life," says Greg Thornton, General Manager of Buffalo Springs Lake.

No-one has caught one in 36 years? That is crazy... How could a species survive that long in a fished area and not be noticed?

I think it is pretty cool though.

that fish looks like he could do with a good floss and a tub of colgate :D

No-one has caught one in 36 years

No, the fish was released more recently....let go my a baffled aquarist.

Most fish teeth.

There goes another new species down the tubes.

You do NOT tell rural people you will pay a $100 a fish for something you hope to survive.

Here is a pic of Pirana teeth.

user posted image

Here is a pic of Pacu teeth.

user posted image

Edited by Bella-Angelique

Evolution in the works it seems.

There goes another new species down the tubes.

You do NOT tell rural people you will pay a $100 a fish for something you hope to survive.

The fish is not natural to those waters, and therefor a danger to the ecosystem. It may destroy the natural population of fish becaues it might not have any natural predetors. The best thing is to try to catch all of them as soon as possible.

awww what a colgate smile =)

Hey Guys and Gals, what if I told you can see these monster fish live? Head to your local walmart. They sell these harmless parahana look alikes like mad. Then once they start out growing the tank they just toss them in the local creek. Although I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised if this fish survives in rogue populations in Florida's tropical runoffs, which harbor a large variety of non native, tropical aquariem fish.

rogue populations in Florida's tropical runoffs, which harbor a large variety of non native, tropical aquariem fish.

Florida has huge populations of tilapia and peacock bass...not supposed to be there.

Its a pacu people. I have caught those while fishing the amazon.

They sell these harmless parahana look alikes like mad

But those are not pacus...

It bares a striking resemblance to my uncle bob.

ROFLMAO!!! :w00t::tu:

Well - what's the answer, is it a pacu or not? Why's it got teeth like that!??!

Its not a Pacu...The following link has pics that are in no way even close to the ones I saw of this thing on the news or on here....The one on the news had a fin on top was as thick as the body and was the the same size as the fish itself and was arched like a sharks...Very different from any of these pics of the Pacu. Heres the link, you tell me!

http://www.postring.net/pacu/

Its not a Pacu...The following link has pics that are in no way even close to the ones I saw of this thing on the news or on here....The one on the news had a fin on top was as thick as the body and was the the same size as the fish itself and was arched like a sharks...Very different from any of these pics of the Pacu. Heres the link, you tell me

LOL, the fish in the pic is a piranha, a red bellied piranha.....

Many fish have teeth like that to srape algae of rocks of tear food...I've caught many sheepshead that have teeth like that, and a couple pacus while fishing the Amazon.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

In 1983 my brother caught a fish that looked just like this in spring texas. It was caught on a sunday night in July. My father is extremely religious and believes it is a sin to go fishing on a sunday. My father made my brother put the fish in a garbage dumpster telling my brother that he had caught "the devil". We have been trying ever since to find out what kind of fish this is. The fish weighed between 15 and 20 pounds and had human looking teeth just like this fish. Does anyone know WHAT kind of fish this is???

well it's safe to say that the fisherman who had lived in the area was right, he had never seen one before, so that implies that the fish was introduced, if that is a Pacu, the question now remains, who put it there.

try tracing down any recent animal purchases in the area for anyone who might have bought a Pacu to keep as a pet, that would be my first move..

linked-imageLate Tuesday afternoon, a fisherman hooked a fish he says he`s never seen before and lake officials are just as amazed: a 20-pound fish with what looks like human teeth. Scott Curry has caught thousands of fish at Buffalo Springs Lake.

He knew his catch was something special from the time he hooked it."It took a long time to (reel)in," he says. "I didn`t want to lose it. I was afraid line would break on it.

linked-image View: Full Article | Source: Kamc28.tv

God, how freaky? Are there other animals/fish/reptiles with human-looking teeth I wonder? Mattshark, where are you?!