Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weird dreams thread!

_Ghastly_

I have strange dreams often as well. The other night I dreamed of a time similar to my childhood, except I was a different person. That day I felt different. More comfortable and clear headed.

I had a dream one night where my ex and I were like in our twenties or something... I had caught him cheating with another girl and I threw him outside and sliced his head off with a machette that I pulled out of no where. Maybe it's me not being secure about our relationship... Hm... Oh well.. xD

P.S. I turned that girl into a marionette and made her walk into a fire... Also The day I woke up from the dream I was in a really good mood and it was a nice day. My dreams are very weird sometimes lol

I remember when I was a child, I had a duel with Medusa or some look alike lol.

Another one was of me floating off the ground in my backyard as a child holding a plastic bag, and I was over the trees and then fell into the mud, face first. :o

i can remember [what seems to be] the first dream i ever had, i was very young. and the subject matter still haunts me to this day..

I am an Archeologist, part of some archeologist team, we have been sent to earth to locate an object. it was some kind of treasure chest. there is lots of frenzied chasing and running and eventually i am on top of a small bridge in the area i lived in at the time, i am on a type of safety ledge near the side of the bridge (because there were train wires under that) anyway.. the dream shifts and i am with the surviving members of my team, we see this treasure chest thing.. this is the object we searched for, we go to open it and.. uhh, these weird little creature thing come out, but it is like they were spring loaded and came out in a mechanical fashion, rather like the deployment of the droids in starwars episode 1, where the droids come out of that craft on like coat hanger things.. anyway they make this eeba eeba eeba noise as each one emerges.. the dream shifts and i am in the clutches of this cartoon cat like thing (it looked like tom from tom and jerry) so i bite its nose off, the last thing i remember is this cartoon cat dropping me and uhh, flailing its arms around like tom (the cartoon cat) does and bringing its hands up to its nose..

every dream i have comes true..

i just dont like warning people of there imminat death.

i like when i dream about the bc ferries sinking and crashing..

always very intense/

A new dream update.

a girl and i were driving down a country road to kitty coleman beach, (hence my name- kitco) we saw something amazing, a large grass feild on our right hand side was filled with water, like a lake, only the water was being held back by the fence which was a metal grated fence with holes, almost as if moses was there.

we stayed and called authorities news and soon had a crowd of hundreds, with scientists doing tests with the water in white Bio suits, some children put there hand in the water and re emerged with a gooey stickie substance on there hand, the bio men werent to thrilled,

soon i wandered off the the other side of the road where i encountered an alien, he told me he was giving me a virus witch i will infect the world with..

the end..

• 2 weeks later...

Everytime i dream i would dream about myself in a lake or on a canoe on a lake or some form of water with giant snakes. I remember one time i saw a snake that was so huge it mustive been the size of the river itself, around 10meters in diameter, maybe even more. As my dreams progressed I see myself inaquariums with alligaotr's and snakes in small incased areas, and at one point in time i was in a giantpool with dolphins and sharks?

Then i started to get more dreams where I am indoors and there are giant fountain pools. They're filled with Koi. Giant koi, everywhere. Just recently i had another dream where i saw like a underground tomb like room with man made ponds with more huge koi's in it! That and 1 of the 2 barred off rooms had a metal statue of 2 black horses (stallions?) that were mechinically moving by itself. Koi's and water /snakes seem to be the 3 contant symbols of my dreams but i have no clue what the heck the KOi's mean.

i am the self proclaimed queen of weird & twisted dreams

this one was a few months ago but definitely the best so far...

i dreamt i was on the outside looking in at a woman who met this man .. they fell madly in love

he had just moved into the building next to hers & he was completely perfect.. her prince charming if you will

for some reason during their relationship they need to go to the hospital .. so they go in a car with an old butler-like man as the driver.. the car is very old fashioned .. in the back seats there were straps attached to the part where your arms would hang

the man tried to hide the straps form the woman ...

cut to the "hospital" .. where i see a nurse who seemed to just wake up (in her uniform) .. she's confused about what'd happpened so she starts to look around .. she hears voices coming from around the corner of her hallway - but when she looks they seem to have just walked away .. this happens 3 of 4 times.. she seems to have just missed the people as they walk by .. seeing their shadows until she finally realized she was hearing recordings of peoples voices

it turns out this "prince charming" is a very rich man who owns a HUGE lot of land where he has a village sized mansion .. where he takes people to torture

this mansion used to be an insane asylum .. so it had a section with dungeon-like solitary rooms

(that explained the straps in the car)

he tortured people but not torture in the way you'd think ... he'd torture them in very unique thought out ways ... he had hundreds of them .. in their own little minihell .. then he'd kill them when he was ready

he had replicas of entire neighborhoods .. and hundreds of captives.. some would serve as slaves .. others as some sort of guards that would keep the captives in line

and this was like a family business, passed down through the generations...

that's all i remember... but this was a few months ago & i never wrote it down

but when i woke up i was like wow that could've been a movie

i have many more weird dreams .. i'll post them later on

I had a dream about a month ago about my girlfriend chopping off my, erm, johnson. I was standing there with it in my hands, in shock. Not fun.

Edited by timbeau

I had a weird dream last night. I dreamt I was sleeping with an asian girl called L Ming. I just found myself in bed with her. I dont really want to say much about it, but I remember saying the name in my dream so I wouldnt forget. I thought it was a cool name because it was like Ming was her second name but the first letter just connected them into a single name. Then somewhere in the dream I sat up and was sitting in a garden on a bench, and I was just saying her name as I woke up so I wouldnt forget.

I also remember wrestling with a guy who was in a white judo looking outfit. He had grabbed me in the garden I think before I was sitting when I woke up. It was like he was testing me, and he grabbed me to do like a bodydrop throw on me. But I countered it and said that I new ninjukai taijutsu to which he said loudly " taijutsu hey" and then kept trying to get this throw on me. Which I kept countering and it was like we were in power stances trying to lock each others legs up inorder to get this throw on. He was angry but it wasnt like we were fighting for that reason.. it was more like a test. I thought about thowing him in the water for a laugh. I guess he mustve been the person I was saying about L Ming to, because when I was on the bench before I woke up I wasnt alone. But I'm not sure who I was with. It was blurry from like sun light.

It was a nice garden though, and before I woke up I was just enjoying it and saying the name L Ming so I wouldnt forget it.

The majority of my dreams are scary.

Once, when I was about 8 or 9, I dreamt that I had somehow died and there was this huge hole underground that I was in. This was in the daytime. All of a sudden, I'm lying in my grave in a cemetary at night, and the grave isn't covered up. A large group of little kids (younger than me at the time) joined hands and danced around my grave, singing that one Ring Around the Rosie song. What's weird is this was the first time I experienced sleep paralysis. I was trying my hardest to wake up but could not move a muscle. I tried with all my might to open my eyes fully and get the dream out of my head but I couldn't do that, either. So I tried to scream. I thought if I screamed my parents would be able to hear me and wake me up. But all that came out of my mouth was a raspy, weak, "Ah." I could clearly hear little kids laughing as I tried to wake up. This freaked me out because to me it felt as if they were laughing at the fact that I could not escape from them and the horrible dream I was having. It was like I was dead in my dream because of them.

:hmm:

• 3 weeks later...

I had a lucid dream last night. It was pretty cool.. I havent really tried to lucid dream that much lately(I like to let my dreams flow alittle more now).. but I was thinking I would have a go last night.. and I was telling my son to as well. Anyway.. after saying to myself a few times that I would know when I was dreaming(which I did mainly when I put my son to bed a few hours ealier).. I managed to go lucid..

I dreamt I was walking down the corridor of my old primary school with an old friend. Straight away I knew I was dreaming and I said to him that I was going home. I didnt mean my house though.. I meant heaven. And I was really determined. I kept saying home out loud so I wouldnt forget. Anyway I wanted to get there quicker so I tried to run.. but when I tried it was like I was trying to walk through water. Which happens sometimes when you try to run in lucid dreams.. its weird. Anyway I tried to run but couldnt so I put my fingers down and used them to grip the ground and I started to run at a decent speed.

Because I was lucid I wanted to kinda show off to my friend so I jumped on this small railing and ran along it like a big mouse. lol. It was pretty cool because the railing was quite thin and I seemed to shrink just alittle so I could fit ok on it. Anyway I ran along for abit then I decided to run on the roof instead. So I just ran up the side of the wall and then onto the ceiling so I was running upside down. lol. Which is always trippy hey.... like has anyone else ever done that? It's quite a strange experience. Anyway I ran upside down for ages and I felt like a lizard, and when I got to the end of the corridor someone was waiting but was looking the other direction(from where I had come from).. so I climbed down the wall and landed right behind him(so he didnt see me)and I hissssssed at him really loudly and it made him jump. lol Then I woke up. So I guess I kinda forgot about home because I was having too much fun.

Anyway.. I felt like such a lizard hey. It was pretty slick. It's really quite an experience running up a wall and moving onto the ceiling without stopping. It takes... faith kinda. And yeah... it was good to know that after saying to my son to lucid dream I managed to go lucid. Like I was only half trying anotherwords.. I remember thinking it was like riding a bike while I was running upside down.. somethings you just dont forget.

I had a lucid dream last night. It was pretty cool..

I'm jealous, I have not had one of those in a long time. I just had one of those dreams where you wake up and think it is reality only to wake up for real sometime later. Those trip me out the most.

Edited by Razer

I'm jelous to, i have never lucid dreamt(maybe i just dont remember), or maybe when i was a kid i didnt understand what it was, but i havent lucid dreamt in the last 2 years as i recall.

You really want to read about a weird dream? I've got plenty of them...

One dream began with me just taking a walk outside. Then I start getting these thoughts about something called "the bullet" and I start seeing visions of a giant fireball hurling towards earth. Suddenly someone next to me says something about earth being doomed and that the end was near. It ended with what seemed to be a nuclear bomb going off. Yeah I know It's short but I usually have a series of short dreams all at once (there were about 10 that time).

Edited by spacenut

I have ALOT of dreams about me dieing in some strange war.Iam in a city someplace with a bunch of fellow troops. Fighting against what appears to be other UN or friendly armys...it dont make much sence.

And I have many dreams of myself going insane and killing my loved ones.

(yes I realize I need help)

this thread is awesome

PS, does anyone know if there's a god named Dakaar?

I'm seeing a city named "Dakar" and another named "Dakaha", both not too far from Egypt, but that's it. Did you see the exact spelling? I'm trying "dakhar" and it seems to be a type of horse http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&a...G=Search+Images The hieroglyphs were written 3,000-10,000 years ago, so Anubis could have met someone new since then.

It's mind-blowing to think you might have seen Anubis so plainly, looking as he did in the hieroglyphs. Do you remember his face clearly? Did he look like any of the typical images http://images.google.com/images?q=anubis+&...sa=N&tab=wi

I do not understand them, but when I was young I had many dreams about telepathic conversations with huge balls of energy.
I'd certainly like to hear more about these. They say the most essential layer of a soul is simply an orb, and sometimes people meet with other orbs and exchange thoughts really fast, so an orb as big as the ones you saw must have some significance

Anyway, one I had:

I woke up, and everything looked normal, except there was a porcupine on my pillow, sniffing around and its quills were an inch from my face. I couldn't move, worse yet. Then, a detached voice said, in a matter-of-fact tone, "If you're going to kill my people, guess I'll have to obliterate you all." I knew that 'his people' were Iraqis, and this was about the war. I got this image of the US, with Iraq next to it, and on the east coast of the US, a black spot started to flower out and gradually consume the entire country. I was still trying to get away from the damn porcupine and then I woke up. The room looked exactly the same, sans porcupine.

The voice sounded easy-going and entirely confident - like a villain from James Bond. It talked like it could kill everyone in the country without a hitch or moral holdback, like adding a virus to a petri dish and watching everything die. I dislike hierarchists and their wars, so it's clear the entity selected to threaten me purely out of nationality. The obnoxious porcupine just added intimidation. Its English was perfect - British in tone - though it's peculiar how it said "guess I'll have to obliterate you all" instead of "I guess I'll have to obliterate you all." Perhaps an ancestor of people who have died in Iraq

Just last night,I had a dream,I was part of a vigilante group and about 60 of us were storming this guy's house.The guy ran a murder-for-profit organisation and the mission was to assassinate him and his accomplices.I followed 2 interns,a Brown haired Caucasian male and an African-American female,into the garden,where about half-way during the chase,they take aim @ me with their Berrettas but I blow the guy away with my pump-action shotgun,leaving a gaping hole in his liver,the girl was merely wounded,so I kicked her to the ground and blew her head into nothing.I then entered the house and accompanied my comrads in combat.

Probably what I get for watching Hostel 2.

In 2001,I got a Doomsday dream:in it, a spaceship that was the size of Earth but shaped like an F-15 shot a laser the size of Hawaii into the Earth.The panic causes at least 70% of the population to go insane and later the Earth blows up into at least 6 equal parts.Probably what I get for playin too much Dino Crisis 2.

Ever had a dream were you are running through a department store away from lions and a stupid salesman is trying to sell you a computer....I woke up laughing.Odd dream,Still trying to figure the meaning of that one.

I dreamed I was watching a medieval cavalry charge where for some reason the good and bad guys were charging right next to eachother instead of at eachother it was like they were racing or something. Then some female knight rides up to the bad guy, taps him on his shoulder and the good guy brains him in the back of the head with his lance handle and he fell off the horse. Then it skipped to a scene with these two metalic babies made of legos that were sitting in a pink car with no roof. One was silver the other was pink. The silver baby was notified on his cellphone about that one guy getting knocked off his horse then he hangs up and his car flies off into space.

Oh, right, and the first scene with the cavalry charge was at night during a rainstorm like the Helmsdeep siege in the LoTR movies.

I dreamt last night that I was swimming near a small beach which was tucked in a tiny bay(like a secret holiday place). And I was just swimming, and I stood up onto a reef and looked out just near me to see a pack of sharks, which wanted to get into where the people were swimming but they couldnt get over the reef. And I was just walking on the reef near them, but once I saw them I turned to head back the beach, and I didnt really want to swim so I was jumping from reef to reef to get back. I wasnt scared so much.. just having fun jumping over the holes in the reefs.

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1

I have had two disturbing experiences lately.

the first dream was normal, perfectly normal. I was just talking to my friends in my bedroom curled up in my blanket. It was not long until I realized that i was not awake. I tried to wake up, and I guess I did in a way. I sat up in my bed and it was dark in my room, I went into the living room and saw too many people there and realized that I was still not awake, just in another dream. I tried to wake up again, and thought I had woken up again until I crawled out of my bed and jumped into the air to prove I was awake, I couldn't jump. I tried 3 more times in various ways to wake up and failed, the closest I got was gaining a new dream scenario. I remembered that I had fallen asleep with a phone in my hand, I looked down at my hand in my dream and was holding the phone this time, I tried to call my friend from my dream so that i could tell him I couldn't wake up and to call right back so the sound would make me wake up. I couldn't get to where his name would be there were too many other names. a few minutes later the phone actually rang and it was my friend that I was going to call to wake me up. needless to say I was scared to go back to sleep.

Two nights ago I had a dream that I couldn't keep my eyes open. I was functioning fully but I could not open my eyes. It wasn't as if i were blind, there were times that i could open them but only for quick glimpses. The frustrationg thing about it is that I knew my eyes should be open but nothing I did kept it that way. I tried caffeine, caffeine pills, sugar, eveything. I knew I was dreaming but I couldn't open my dream eyes or my real eyes, I was stuck again and this time I couldn't see for more than a second. scary. I eventually woke up TG.

• Like 1

I had a weird dream today.

I dreamed my entire family was playing D&D but for some reason the scenariio we were playing took place in our house and instead of doing D&D stuff like slaying dragons and saving towns we were doing household chores and normal everyday things and getting exp for it.

I was sent to let the dogs in (Who were two times bigger for some reason) when some demon guy wearing cliche red spiked armor and holding a flaming sword appeared. He had some long and unpronounceable name like Tzchzchchschz, I knew this because he had a name tag floating above his head. The guy just walks up to me and kills me in one hit with his sword then returns to guarding the back porch like nothing happened so I say screw this and come back as a character who is like level 36 and just as I am about to get revenge on him the dream ends and I wake up under a pile of dogs as usual.

The demon guy never talked, he just guarded the porch to keep me from letting the dogs in, we also had a great dane and a bulldog who could exist in two backyards at the same time.

I have two main recurring dreams with others less frequently. They are..

1. The Earth floods and my family use the spaceship from Red Dwarf which for some reason is just standing there conveniently. We fly to this planet, which is like Eden. However after a month of getting know the new animals and stuff that planet floods and we all die after being swept away by tidal wave.

2. It is dark. Nothing happening. Then this piece of string appears vertically and this rock appears on top of the string. The rock is weighing god knows how much, yet the string just manages to keep it up. I wake up suddenly.

3. Can't remember this one as such, but it is like a blockbuster movie script. It has real characters in my life, and they change when the dream changes.

In my dream, i replayed in my dream over and over again different scenarios of me robbing a guy, adventually i ended up killing him, not after i was shot, tazered maces kicked punched scratched and all sorts of different things happened..

pretty intense dream im sure i was flailing in my bed.