Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weird dreams thread!

_Ghastly_

Have you ever had a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you??

I Have dreams all the time, like a movie, or like a book. I am writting a book all based on one of my dreams I keep a log on my dreams. Some of them are really weird. Others are like histories...

I have had two disturbing experiences lately.

the first dream was normal, perfectly normal. I was just talking to my friends in my bedroom curled up in my blanket. It was not long until I realized that i was not awake. I tried to wake up, and I guess I did in a way. I sat up in my bed and it was dark in my room, I went into the living room and saw too many people there and realized that I was still not awake, just in another dream. I tried to wake up again, and thought I had woken up again until I crawled out of my bed and jumped into the air to prove I was awake, I couldn't jump. I tried 3 more times in various ways to wake up and failed, the closest I got was gaining a new dream scenario. I remembered that I had fallen asleep with a phone in my hand, I looked down at my hand in my dream and was holding the phone this time, I tried to call my friend from my dream so that i could tell him I couldn't wake up and to call right back so the sound would make me wake up. I couldn't get to where his name would be there were too many other names. a few minutes later the phone actually rang and it was my friend that I was going to call to wake me up. needless to say I was scared to go back to sleep.

Two nights ago I had a dream that I couldn't keep my eyes open. I was functioning fully but I could not open my eyes. It wasn't as if i were blind, there were times that i could open them but only for quick glimpses. The frustrationg thing about it is that I knew my eyes should be open but nothing I did kept it that way. I tried caffeine, caffeine pills, sugar, eveything. I knew I was dreaming but I couldn't open my dream eyes or my real eyes, I was stuck again and this time I couldn't see for more than a second. scary. I eventually woke up TG.

Maybe this is pointing to a fear you may have of not having control... regardless of what it may be over.

Edited by crtbud

I dreamed not too long ago that I was high up ontop a narrow rocky mountain path, trying to get into a cave/safety, and there was a large gorilla stopping me and some animals from getting by. I was afraid to move because I thought the gorilla might kill me. I tried waiting for it to fall asleep, hoping I could sneak away then. Well, it started to go to sleep with a tiger tucked under its arm - one of the animals it was keeping there in its "domain". Then, it started beating the tiger's head in! And then the tiger changed into a zebra. When the gorilla had finished whacking its head in, it had a very flat head, like a pancake, and then the gorilla rolled it off the side of the mountain into the abyss below.

I guess it was just an "anxiety dream", but it was kind of messed up.

I usually never have dreams that are worth remembering but I had one about a month ago I still think about all the time.

I was in some kind of dark place and after much time I finally find a door... I open the door and see myself in some sort of library and to my left is nothing but a drop off into space.. I look down and see a billion stars glimmering back at me.. As I look fear and lightheadedness gets the best of me.. I turn and try to look at one of the bookcases. I feel as if I have to look at this.. a need more than a want. All of a sudden I somehow fall back away from it and fall off into space... dream over.

I seriously think it means something.. it was so real.

-J.T.

In this other dream,Bird Flue mutated pigeons into psychos that then fly over the world and destroy and these armies storm my house and this individual comes in and I'm like "Nice birdie,nice."While backing away and start to run but the pigeon follows and impales its beak on my butt and I'm like"AAAAAAAAA GET IT OFF ME AAAAAAAAAAAA"

Wake up.

I was in some kind of dark place and after much time I finally find a door... I open the door and see myself in some sort of library and to my left is nothing but a drop off into space.. I look down and see a billion stars glimmering back at me.. As I look fear and lightheadedness gets the best of me.. I turn and try to look at one of the bookcases. I feel as if I have to look at this.. a need more than a want. All of a sudden I somehow fall back away from it and fall off into space... dream over.
Were the stars laid out in any particular order? Any indication as to where this was?

Were the stars laid out in any particular order? Any indication as to where this was?

Wow, I'm glad you said that. You just jarred my memory! I remember looking down and seeing the starts aligned in one spot to look like a serpent.

Wow, I'm glad you said that. You just jarred my memory! I remember looking down and seeing the starts aligned in one spot to look like a serpent.

The Hydra.

I find the best dreams are the ones where u drink so much u pass out. The problem is half the time i cant remember them and the other half im trying to forget. I had a nice apocaliptic dream recently nice mushroom clouds.

i can actually make my self wake up when im dreaming lol so if im havin a bad one woosh im out

i can actually make my self wake up when im dreaming lol so if im havin a bad one woosh im out

Hey, I can do the same thing too! What I did was forecly move my body. But usually the nightmare comes back if I right away back to sleep again, so if that happens I would've take a little walk to drink, drink some water, and back to sleep.

kool! what i do is i actually force my eyes open. the nightmare nver comes back to me , but i do have continuous dreams as in one starts where the other one ends

Last night I dreamed I was in a library, and I was trying to get a book that was on a shelf which was too high for me to reach it. No ladder. So I gave up trying and walked to the librarian's desk. And to one side of the desk there was a glass door which look very much out of place in the library.

Curiously, I went through that door, and I found myself in some kind of large store or shopping center. It had 3 or 4 stories of open space inside. At the entrance there were holograms of simulated sales people greeting those who entered, I could see through them.

Travelling down escalator belts, I saw items for sale of higher-technology than the present. The only things I saw which looked a little bit familar was a bargain case having "old" things which looked like newer versions of present day tech.

I was somewhat confused by the time the dream ended.

My nan died three years ago. After her death I had weird dreams for months. Not just weird, really horrible! Of course when you lose someone, things like that happen as you are very emotional and upset. But when we started moving objects in her house they were more frequent. My aunt was clearing away things, and she put something in the dustbin that wasn't really important. The next thing we know the whole dustbin tipped over. I am talking about one of those really big plastic bins in England and it was full to the top of bags, very heavy. It was just a piece of foam but everytime we tried to throw it away things like that happened so we got the message and kept it. It wasn't till after that we realised there was white hair on the back of it e.g. my nans.

Now the house has been sold over a year, and every now and then I get a weird dream, a scary one. When we drive past the house something has always changed. They were trying to dig up my nans favourite plant last time we drove past. It's not just me either, my aunty has the dreams as well. I was doing my family tree and I was trying to get in contact with long lost cousins in another part of England. My aunty didn't know this, she had a dream with my nan in it saying "My brother John died, ive found him." My nan didn't have a brother John but the person I was trying to get in contact with was a John her brother in law and I recently found out he died a month before her.

I have two main recurring dreams with others less frequently. They are..

1. The Earth floods and my family use the spaceship from Red Dwarf which for some reason is just standing there conveniently. We fly to this planet, which is like Eden. However after a month of getting know the new animals and stuff that planet floods and we all die after being swept away by tidal wave.

2. It is dark. Nothing happening. Then this piece of string appears vertically and this rock appears on top of the string. The rock is weighing god knows how much, yet the string just manages to keep it up. I wake up suddenly.

3. Can't remember this one as such, but it is like a blockbuster movie script. It has real characters in my life, and they change when the dream changes.

`

Weird! Oh and I love Red Dwarf lol!

i had 1 last night i was watch tv then i feel into the show naruto and i was itachi then i jumped out as him and then el giganta from re4 came out so i killed him then i saw a vast desert with 2 fountains the first was a demon with his head chopped off and blood spewin out the other was a stue of an angel as i stood there a man with no face apperad pulled out a katana then cut me and he said choose a foutain one will give me all the evil i could possible imgane the other was a ticket 2 heaven ten right when i was about to fall over wolves ripped me appart limb from limb now heres the part that i know u won't belive i woke up bleedin from my chest with a cut through it

well i keep having these reoccuring dreams about ppl in my family..

well this one. is about my mom.

me and my family were all in this car having a good time. and where on a highway and the highway has a dead end.

so we get around it. and we come across this huge swamp like area. and we are all like.. its jumpable and stuff..

and we all get across except my mom.. and she drowns in the water ='[. and well we get to this other highway with lots of

traffic... and infront of us is a bench and our mom/wife is sitting on the bench. and we all run up to her and give her a hug.

and tell her were glad to see her and didnt think she made it and stuff... but i felt something off her.. she wasnt the same

she was different..

i have another one about my dad.

me and my family were all going to the fun amusement park. but in order to get across you had to walk on this unstable

wooden bridge... well we get across and were all on the roller coaster.. and like my dad falls off it or something.. and lands in

the water (amusement park surrounded by water) and like i go down to him.. and all i was able to retrieve was my dads head

and all i could say i was im sorry

i have another one about one of my sisters.

we were being attacked by acid like worms. and like my sister accidently steps on one.. and it burns her face.. and we rush her to the

hospital..

for about a month i had this dream of me seeing this girl in a wheelchair..

i have many more dreams.. like these or different about my family.. and sometimes of myself..

Travelling down escalator belts, I saw items for sale of higher-technology than the present.

oo, could you describe any of them?

I might be creating a time rift by asking that. Stand by for universe implode

Well.....

For years now I've dreamed of a girl that I have never met.

She is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.

The dreams I have with her are the most realistic I've ever had.

Theyre in color.

I fully believe that she is my soulmate.

In my dreams we are gods. We go anywhere and everywhere we want (thats how I know the dreams are in color. I've seen everything from bright orange sunsets to a double full moon....one purple and one blue....)

Here's a link to my latest dream girl question on yahoo answers

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_y...23211656AA25lhp

it goes into some detail about my dream and this girl of mine...

oo, could you describe any of them?

I might be creating a time rift by asking that. Stand by for universe implode

I don't see why there would be a time rift from a dream.

There were giant-screen televisions that were actually no-screen televisions, they were just some sort of visual transmitters that broadcast the video into my eyes if my eyes were directed close to them. Which was uncomfortable because I couldn't figure how to look partially away from them, the picture followed in my gaze until I looked far enough away.

In the bargain section there was a computer the size of a standard telephone, with the same kind of no-display system. It didn't seem to have any kind of keyboard. A sale tag on it said "Get Connected!" and the price was "49.86" of some denomination of money. I didn't recognize the money symbol.

There were some sort of data storage modules on sale. I don't know if they intended for the mini computer. It didn't look like it had any place to insert the modules.

The other things I saw were completely strange, I'm not sure exactly what their function was.

Aha! I knew it. Holographs just aren't practical for movies. Even in a place where holographs are used, they would still have 2d displays.

Aha! I knew it. Holographs just aren't practical for movies. Even in a place where holographs are used, they would still have 2d displays.

Possibly you are right. Holograms would take up a lot more bandwidth. It did not look like the pseudo-screen televisions were showing movies, though I was too far away to hear any sound. On one of them, it looked like sports, someone in a helmet and elbow pads was running after a round ball. Another pseudo-screen looked like a public interest advertisment.

Thinking more about the dream, I quess I had a dream a few month ago, with a few similar themes. In that dream, I was also child-sized short, and there were devices that looked similar to the mini-computer.

In that dream, I found myself in a hallway or corridor. To the left were glass doors through which I could see what looked like a large building close in the distance. A sign with an arrow announced it was a university campus, in highly-stylized english lettering. There were people who looked like students aged 19-20, so I didn't doubt the sign. Many of them were gathered in a room to my right, standing in front of strange looking kiosks which were attached to the walls. But they did not appear to be doing anything, just standing there. I went in to look at one of the kiosks, what I saw looked like an industrial non-consumer version of the pseudo-screen mini computer in the second dream, attached to a metal box underneath it. I saw one of the students do something with the metal box before they stopped moving.

I was somewhat confused and started walking down the hallway, until I came to a large room which looked like a social gathering area, and then I felt completely confused. At that point, I was approached by a young man who was much taller than me, who asked if he could help me and looked much too pleased in asking, like he was eventually going to ask for a date.

So I asked him what year it was, and he ignored the question. And I asked again, and he looked confused, and I tried a few more times to get an answer from him. All I succeeded in doing was that he started acting very spooked, and paranoid like he thought hidden cameras were watching him. The he said he thought I was "a climber", and said I shouldn't be there, and that he had to get me out of there immediately. He nearly pushed me out of a side door.

Outside, it looked like early evening, and the building we just left looked like a large white geodesic dome. Down a hillside, there were two other such domes. Then he said "the radiation out here should kill climbers like you", and acted relieved. Then the dream ended.

i have 3 weird dreams to post, 2 have been posted in other topics and one that i am having 10 years now and it gets annoying each time i see it.

It starts by me waking up in a room that i never been before. I go to the living room and see that there are pictures of me with people that i am not familiar with (every time the same people in the pictures for 10 years and still i haven't met these people). I discover that this is my place yet, i can't remember how i got there, plus i remember i went to bed in my real room in my real home where i live with my parents.

I decided to take for a walk to see if i remember anything else in case i am having a terrible hangover. I see my self in a familiar park almost 2km's away from my real home.

There i meet my real world friends, some family members, some ex girlfriends and my bandmates.

None of them recognize me. So i am trying to explain to them what happened to me and they seem like they talk with a crazy person.

Then i tell each one of them a private information. like things that only they would know. They think it's a prank and some of them walk away shouting that i should stay away from them.

After facing almost everyone i know i see this girl that i never saw in my entire life (real and dream life) and she looks upset, sad and confused.

I stare at her for almost an hour so she comes to me and asks if i know her.

I tell her that i don't and i ask her if she knows me.

She has some sort of a panic moment telling me that she doesn't know how she got there and that every person she knows, doesn't remember her.

Yes, we have the same problem but none of us know each other.

As we are walking in this park she tells me that she is there for almost 9 months and she can't get away from this...dream location.

Then all of a sudden we see 2 men wearing gray suits getting off a BMW and she tells me that we have to run.

We run in circles since there is no other place to go but this park and as we run together she tells me that i need to go.

And this is the moment i wake up for real.

The weird parts are: the people i see in this dream that i am familiar with, live in this city and i never saw anyone else from any other places. It's like the dream has a limit, like a range or something.

The only unknown people i see is this girl, the people in the pictures i see in my dream home living room and these 2 men in the gray suit.

I tried to explain that dream but each time i get different answers.

I had a very vivid dream once. I was in a dark room with people I was familiar with, I couldn't tell exactly who they were but I knew them. Anyway, we were playing a card game, poker I guess, and smoking shisha and weed, things I like to do in real life. After that I suddenly warped(I guess you could call it that) to a town near mine. I looked around, it was a main road, with normal things such as shopping centers and fast food restaurants. I brought my hands to my face and looked at them. I started running incredibly fast, it was weird though because my legs were moving as though I was normally running, but I was traveling extremely fast. I arrived at some form of an advanced bus system, an advanced monorail type thing I guess. I got in and immediately knew it was time to go home. I looked next to me and the person sitting next to me was a friend of mine, I don't really know what he was doing there. Anyways, it took me directly to my house, I get out and the next thing I know I am waking up very calmly, as if it had just happened in real life.

This happened not too long ago, it was one of the best experiences of my life to be honest.