Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weird dreams thread!

_Ghastly_

I had this dream just recently... (okay I have to give some backstory). My cousin is this religious fanatic, and she keeps wanting me to go to Bible study with her. I am Catholic and have made it clear to her that I am not interested in going to any other church.... so in this dream, she invited me out to lunch, but when we got there all of the ppl from her Bible group where there, so needless to say I was p***ed. I started arguing with her, and the members of the group, and the one lady began telling me how the Bible says all gay ppl will go to Hell. So I leave and go home, and I was writting in my journal when the lights in my room went out. So I went to check the lights in the living room, they where out too, I checked the lights in the hallway of my apt, they where all out too. Now blackouts always freak me out, so I began to panic run down the steps. I noticed that it was EXCEEDINGLY hot in the hallway, and everytime I went down one level, the stairs grew another level. I peered over the railing, and looked towards where the front door of my building is, and there were flames there. Like everywhere was engulfed in flames starting a few floors below me. I got the sense in the dream that I was descending into Hell. I never woke up so face in my life.

Ooooh- weird dreams thread!

OK, so I know what partly induced this one, but it was still pretty weird. In Biology last Monday we watched a video about intensive farming.

Then the following night I had a dream which was set in the Harry Potter universe, during Deathly Hallows (so war time). It was all a bit dystopian. I worked at the local Tesco (despite this being HP universe), which looked like normal on the outside, except inside it was an intensive hospital! All the beds and other equipment were stuffed into the place, and to make matters weirder, all the staff there were the cast of Scrubs.

:wacko:

Maybe it is a fear of hospitals? Maybe it being a Tesco represents a fear of maybe being treated like a product, the cast of a sitcom maybe represents a fear of an incompetent staff? In the US Wal-Mart stores have eye doctors, banks, places to do your taxes, but in the back of my mind I think, do I trust it? It's a supermarket, I don't go to a hospital to buy groceries :ph34r: ...

When I was young I used to dream about dwarfs. The ones I dreamt about were mean, stoney faced other worldly beings with eyes that looked into your soul, as opposed to the happy, grumpy or dopey kind.

The dream would always begin with a faint drum beat that would gradually get louder and louder as the dwarfs got closer. I would hide under the bed cause the drum beat was somehow familiar and I knew they were coming. As they got to the side of my bed the drum would stop. I would wait, hoping that they had gone, though when I lifted the bed cover to look the dwarf would be staring straight at me with those hard eyes, pointing at me. It used to scare the bejezus out of me, but I was only 5 or 6.

For a little while, I've been trying to experience Astral travel, but instead I had a dream about having one o.O . The feeling was really weird.

I had a quick and weird dream last night with a snake again. I seem to dream of catching them every now and then and I'm not really sure why.

Anyway last night I dreamt of a very large black python looking snake that was inside a small glass aquarium which was way to small for the snake. I couldnt get the lid back on to cover my pet snake when I was about to go to sleep and I didnt want to leave the snake to just wander around while I was sleeping because I thought it was dangerous and that I might wake up with it around my neck or something(it was big enough to scare me like that).

So I reached in and grabbed it behind its head so that it couldnt bite me(which is odd for me because Ive never done that in real life or even got close to a snake like that). Anyway so it turned to bite my hand like in one of my other dreams with a snake but this time I moved my grip up higher behind its head so it couldnt twist enough to sink its fangs into my hand. It's fangs were pretty big and I knew it wasnt poisonious but that its bite would hurt anyway so I wasnt too keen in letting it go. I was wondering where to put it and I was wondering how to let go of it without it turning to bite me. It was pretty angry by that stage and was showing its fangs heaps.

It reminded me of the black sea snakes I dreamt of once when I was much younger.. it looked the same but this one was actually my pet. Anyway so I just walked around trying to figure out what to do next but I dont remember anymore, just thinking well I have it now, now what do I do with it.

*I remembered alittle more of the dream just then.. One of the snakes eyes was leaking what looked like black ink, it looked like the snake had been pushed along a grey wall and there was an ink stain/streak that had come from his right eye I think it was. I was worried for him because I thought maybe he was hurt because it looked like his blood. And I was hoping as I was holding him that the eye would be ok.

Edited by Kazahel

Last night I dreamt I was in a hotel, and the bedroom and bathroom were shaped like hexagons, but I'd lost track of time and missed the checkout time and the cleaners were trying to clean the room ready for the next person to stay in the room. I was running around trying to pack everything really quickly, but for some reason I had a bridal bouquet and I couldn't manage to fit it in anywhere and I was getting really stressed as the manager was telling me if I took any longer he was going to make me rent the room for another night, and I didn't want to do that.

Also, within the last week or so, I keep having dreams in which I'm either reading about and/or talking about Ancient Egyptians. I keep dreaming about a light blue tarot card with a red rose on it too, which is weird as i know this isn't even close to any tarot cards haha.

I have had alot of weird dreams, but when are dreams ever "normal" anyway.

The one thing that stands out the most in all the dreams i remember is that there is always water present, sometimes a raging river sometimes just a pond.

But the water isnt something negative like im drowning or something its just part of the landscape. anybody got some answers to what this might mean?

The one thing that stands out the most in all the dreams i remember is that there is always water present, sometimes a raging river sometimes just a pond.

But the water isnt something negative like im drowning or something its just part of the landscape. anybody got some answers to what this might mean?

I think I've read that water is used as a gauge of your emotions or something like that.

And I think of water as kinda meaning love personally.

Extending on what Kazahel said, water - and in your case rivers in dreams tend be symbolic for emotions. Sometimes energy too. From now on look at what the flow is telling you, the condition of the water, the direction of it etc, try and interact with these kind of dreams more when you think them over.

I've had some interesting ones which involve being a clone trooper from Star Wars, the front of my school turning into a giant oil well, driving a Chinese made car (A Great Wall Peri to be exact) with the steering wheel turning into a burger from KFC, fearing a tiger being let loose inside my own house and having a giant torrential downpour flood our house and being rescued by my aunty in a helicopter. My brother had one where we had brought a new van and we were being chased by an ostrich.

Any significance in these?

I've had some interesting ones which involve being a clone trooper from Star Wars, the front of my school turning into a giant oil well, driving a Chinese made car (A Great Wall Peri to be exact) with the steering wheel turning into a burger from KFC, fearing a tiger being let loose inside my own house and having a giant torrential downpour flood our house and being rescued by my aunty in a helicopter. My brother had one where we had brought a new van and we were being chased by an ostrich.

Had a very strange dream the other night and I can't find most of the symbols online to piece everything together. If anyone could interpret this for me, I would appreciate it.

The dream involved myself and my three youngest siblings (all 3 teenagers now). I'm not sure how, but I was driving a train of stools (like brightly colored bar or dinner stools) around and they were riding on the stools behind me. I have no idea how this worked or how the stools were even connected... but anyway...

we were riding around this little town, checking out the shops and stuff. The first shop we went in was a candy store, mostly chocolate, and had an arcade in the back. While my sisters and I checked out the candy, my brother went in the back to play one of the arcade machines. After that was a store of old books, which was closing so we had to leave. Somehow we ended up down an alley that had a bunch of empty jail cells. I remember each cell had a tv that was on a static-y blue channel, a sofa, and a small table with a lamp. My youngest sister yelled "This is a jail!" and we all got scared and ran back to the main street, pulling the train behind us.

After that, somehow i ended up falling down a hill and my siblings stayed at the top. The first time I tried to climb up I couldn't. I remember there being a concrete slope with a waterfall running down beside me. I finally managed to get back up the hill. My sisters were there, but my brother wasn't.

We went looking for him and he was in one of the small shops seated at a table, with his head on he table like he was trying to sleep. I told him it was time to go home but he said "give me a few minutes". Then some stranger started asking me questions about my brother and my brother's thoughts started appearing on the sign outside the front door of the shop he was sleeping in.

Then I woke up.

So, yeah if anyone can make sense of this, I appreciate it!

The weirdest dream Ive had in a while would have to be this dream were I was inside this kitchen and there were some big dogs had to be around 5'6" or so cause Im 6'2". Well any was they were all up in my face so I just hopped up and sat on the counter for a little while then all the dogs ran into the living room. So I sat there for a little while then when into the living room to see what happened to them. Instead of there being dogs there were three older woman in the 40s I would say. Two of them started to ask me questions as I took a sit on the ground well the third one was looking for birthmarks and scars on my body. I knew for some reason in the dream that she was looking for the scar on my left shoulder and I thought it was funny cause I knew she couldnt see it the way she was looking for it. I dont remember all the questions they asked but then they asked me "So how long have you been a demon for?" My response was "Im not a demon hehe but I know how to stop them." They then looked confused at each other then one of them tested it and I just did a quick flick of my wrist and was like "NO!" Next thing I know I got kicked out of the living room out to the porch (like instant travel). Then they started chanting on the roof over and over "WHO ARE YOU? WHO ARE YOU?" As they were chanting they started to attack down threw the roof of the porch with long big claws. Then without thinking about it I screamed back at them "I AM THE REAPER!!!" and started striking back threw the roof with a massive white scyth. After that we instantly teleported to this old school I used to go to in elemently school and they were in a car and I started chasing them for a little while but then stopped chasing when I noticed two men tailing them in black suits in a red car. Was a pretty cool dream weirdly enough that isnt the first time in a dream were I busted out a scyth and kicked some baddy butt. :D

I just found something odd when looking over an old dream of mine in regards to another thread in another place. While I was reading it, it reminded me of this last dream I posted here and then I noticed the timing to be very close. Anotherwords I had had a similar style dream almost 2yrs ago to the day. Which I thought was weird but Ive done it before with shark patting dreams. Anyway so my last dream I shared was this one on the 27th Nov 2009..

I had a quick and weird dream last night with a snake again. I seem to dream of catching them every now and then and I'm not really sure why.

Anyway last night I dreamt of a very large black python looking snake that was inside a small glass aquarium which was way to small for the snake. I couldnt get the lid back on to cover my pet snake when I was about to go to sleep and I didnt want to leave the snake to just wander around while I was sleeping because I thought it was dangerous and that I might wake up with it around my neck or something(it was big enough to scare me like that).

So I reached in and grabbed it behind its head so that it couldnt bite me(which is odd for me because Ive never done that in real life or even got close to a snake like that). Anyway so it turned to bite my hand like in one of my other dreams with a snake but this time I moved my grip up higher behind its head so it couldnt twist enough to sink its fangs into my hand. It's fangs were pretty big and I knew it wasnt poisonious but that its bite would hurt anyway so I wasnt too keen in letting it go. I was wondering where to put it and I was wondering how to let go of it without it turning to bite me. It was pretty angry by that stage and was showing its fangs heaps.

It reminded me of the black sea snakes I dreamt of once when I was much younger.. it looked the same but this one was actually my pet. Anyway so I just walked around trying to figure out what to do next but I dont remember anymore, just thinking well I have it now, now what do I do with it.

*I remembered alittle more of the dream just then.. One of the snakes eyes was leaking what looked like black ink, it looked like the snake had been pushed along a grey wall and there was an ink stain/streak that had come from his right eye I think it was. I was worried for him because I thought maybe he was hurt because it looked like his blood. And I was hoping as I was holding him that the eye would be ok.

And back on around the 24th of Nov 2007 I dreamt this long dream, with the black snake at the end.

I dreamt I was swimming in the ocean underwater with another person I didnt really see(so I could breathe underwater and wasnt lucid at all). I had been swimming with a great white shark which I thought was after me but I was pointing out four large globs of what looked like sperm. In the dream I thought they were baby sharks(eggs.. almost tennis ball size).. and I went to touch them(carefully) but I broke them and they all started to meld into one. Anyway then I realised that the mother shark was probably close by and that she would be quite p***ed off now, like it was bad enough that she was after me in the first place, let alone now.

So I swam onto a reef(but still underwater)and I looked around and could see the great white facing off with I think a dolphin. It was like they were head to head like how cars play chicken and they were using their flippers to almost rev up the engines. lol.. it looked pretty cute when the shark did it. Anyway I quickly cut infront of them both(between them)to swim to the shore. I really thought the shark would take me but when I turned to look after reaching the shore it had not moved at all. And I thought maybe it wasnt after me then.. because it was still facing off with this dolphin.

Anyway because I was on the shore I found like a cave door which lead me down into a dark place which had fire torches on the walls to give light. It was a winding path downwards which I followed but once I got so far for some reason I decided to turn around(I cant remember why).. But I was basically scared off by something.

Anyway so I started to make my way back up and when I was almost at the exit I heard a voice saying how this was his place(he called it a french name which meant castle in the hill or somthing).. I cant remember the word he used but it was quite unique. Anyway he basically tried to scare me off and at the same time I could see a little picture of him in my head. And soon as he said that it was his place I got quite annoyed because he had been trying to kill me since I had arrived.

So I turned around to get him. I went back down and then found myself pushing my right arm through a small area which looked like going through a pipe. I then came across the tail of a thin red and black snake.. it was mainly red.. and straight away my hand turned into an open mouth of a dark green python. I started to eat the snake alive from the tail up. At the same time though I knew it was just my arm and so I used it to pin down the other snake so it couldnt turn around to attack and bite me. When I reached up to its head I used my finger tips which turned into fangs and I sunk them into the back of the snakes neck(just behind its head).. and I pushed quite hard and injected venom into it which poisoned the snake quite quickly. I could see it slightly deflate or something. Anyway then I understood I could leave my snake there to finish eating the red snake becasue it was not a threat anymore. And I went to exit.

*Wow trip.. I just remembered another dream I had last night from going over this dream again....

I dreamt last night that I was somewhere and I grabbed a very large black snake by the back of its head. The snake was about 2meters long and it was just huge.. I grabbed its head so it couldnt bite me and it was getting really annoyed and angry and it wasnt very happy at all. lol. Anyway I was worried because it was going crazy and showing its fangs and stuff, and it really wanted to bite me but I couldnt put it down because then it could. I think I did drop it(or thrown it) after awhile though because I remember seeing it on the floor again and I was thinking how I had to grab it again otherwise I would lose it in my house.. and then I'd have to actually search for it. Which I knew was more risky so I went to go grab it again because I would rather try grab it when its an easy place to get. But I dont really remember much more.. mainly just holding onto it and seeing its massive head getting all fat and angry looking. It was pretty freaky.

Weird hey. :o

Edited by Kazahel

I keep having these dreams where I am in someones house and I go through a series of houses. One time the houses where in a poor district I guess, because they where really worn out. I could see everything in great detal and I would run into people in the houses and they would sometimes see me. One time one of the people shot like an electric thing at me and everything went black and I left the house to go on to another. I am usually spinning in these dreams and see the whole room in great detial, none of the houses are the same. One time as I was going through the houses I came across people crying and struggling in one room, went to another room and found out someone was dying in the house. I sometimes know i am dreaming and can control where I go or try to see the people again, but I can't allways control my motions. It's in such great detila and nothing weird going on like in most dreams I have. Oh, except the one where she shot me.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this dream last night.

I was in a strange building, like a gothic structure or a college. It was many floors with a single elevator. I was in the elevator, and ended up on a floor that showed a massive white sign with words. I guessed it was "courses" because it was a series of "classes" on politics. I went back into the elevator and went up to another floor. There I saw a sign for the Greeks and Romans. Then I woke up.

Years ago I dreamed of a night sky full of stars.

I gazed up into the depths of the universe thinking how the lights were so ancient.

The stars changed when I focused on them.

Suddenly the twinkling points increased in size and brilliance.

At first I thought I was seeing spiral galaxies.

They all morphed into saucer shapes, then came to life as the sky was now filled with millions of eyes.

I felt naked with nowhere to hide.

• 3 weeks later...

I only remember a small part of my dream from last night.. but I turned myself fully invisible..

I dreamt I was waiting in line outside for an amusment park ride. I think it was the ferris wheel and I was just waiting in line with my son who was pointing to the ride and saying how cool it will be. I think I dreamt about waiting in line because I had to wait in line with my son the other day, so I can guess thats where the waiting in line has come from. Anyway he was pointing at the ride and saying how cool it will be and so bent down alittle to look at him closely and I said "watch this" and then I made myself start to turn crystal, starting at my hands and feet/skin so that the separate crystal pieces grew one over the other ending in the center of me to cover me fully. Then straight after the crystal grew, which only took a few seconds, I turned the more crystal look into a pain of glass by just thinking about it which made me go fully invisible.

So it was almost like watching something turn to ice/crystal and then turning the ice look into glass, which then made me invisible.

Ok now before I get into this I should probably mention that. Before this dream id never had a nightmare before until this one. When I was eight I was plagued by a pixie. Now that yall know that this should make more sense. I was standing in the middle of a living room except that it was more like a model room than a l real room l. I dont know whos house I was in butwe were all talking amicably. All of a sudden a car just burst through the brick wall. The driver stepped out of the car and it was none other than my pixie but he had blonde hair and not red etc. He look at me and just grinned his creepy grin like he knew something detrimental to me. I woke up with a thundering heart and a sweat. I couldn't go back to sleep without seeing that grin.