Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weird dreams thread!

_Ghastly_

hi...

in most of my dreams im aware that im dreaming and i can control my dreams..

does it happen to anyone else?

Yes sometimes, it is called lucid dreaming.

I dreamt last night I was being driven up a very old road towards a place in the hills. I was in a town I had never been though, I'm not sure where I was. The road was almost fully overgrown with grass/reeds so it was a road that was almost never used. It was like I was with my family and they were driving us to this place. The place was an old ruined church which had a graveyard there. We stopped to look at the place and then went inside the church which turned into a very small mall. There was only a few shops in there and the main attraction was a museum which had old books which some were covered in dust.

I looked at the first book and it was a very dust covered book which had a familiar picture on the front. You could only just see the cover art and I forget now exactly what it was. I think it was of an angel but I forget. The book had no writings inside and it was like it was so old that the ink had gone from the pages. Then I found a book which was an enochian book and it was of another cover I knew but now dont know. So they were like books that you see and remember youve seen before(in the dream)but not in real life. Anyway it was like we were with a tour group and were being shown these books and things which were scattered around on tables and on shelves. When I saw the enochian book I said to the lady that it was an archochian book and that these were books on magic. She corrected me and said that word is said enochian and I couldnt understand why I had said archochian because I know the word enochian.

Anyway I opened up the book and some parts were faded and some was not and I just flicked through it. Then I found an old container which was covered in dust and had looked like no one had ever looked through it. I opened it and brushed the dust off a red leather box which had a persons name on it. The name I forget but I think it was german.. it was something like von something. Von wel or something. It was a black magicians stuff and said something like that with the name. Anyway I opened it up and found many different things but I was mainly looking at signet rings. Most of the rings were scratched on one side as if they had rubbed together. Some had a star on them with a single diamond I think. The main one I remember was black onyx with a star(christmas star slightly off to the left upper corner) I think, there was about 8 of them all slightly different, some were silver. Then I found a most wonderus thing.

I found a huge ring that had a quartz/white crystal chunk almost twice the size of your thumb with a ring like base which you could bend to get it on you. So it appeared like a ring but because the actual ring base moved so easily it made the ring not stay on your finger too well because of the weight of the stone. At this point I understood it was more than a ring and was a thing used to summon spirits. So it was like a magic wand but only the top part of it and you were supposed to just wear it like a ring but I thought if it was placed into wood it would make a wand. So I knew what it was and no-one else knew. I held it up to the light and it glowed red. So the white crystal glowed red and I knew it was very special and better than anything else in the room and that no-one understood this.

Then I was looking through the book and there was nothing on the pages but a lady came up and had green power like stuff which she sprinkled on the pages and that made it show what was written.

The tour lady then said how it was wonderful I had found this secret stuff and that it was time to put it back on the shelves to be in the museum. But I thought that something like this was meant to be used and was not something that sits on a shelf not to be understood, so I decided to steal it.

I was wearing a weird robe thing which had long sleeves and so when I was placing everything back into the box I palmed the crystal ring and then slipped it down my sleeve. I had to be very sly about it because I was in a tour group surrounded by people. Once I had it down my sleeve I took two other things as well which I cant remember what they were. They were like trinkets compared though and in the end I wished I hadnt bothered taking them because they were flapping around in my sleeves and were not worth being caught over.

I was trying to get the ring from my sleeve to my pocket without it being noticed by anyone else and I was telling my folks that we must leave now but they were saying how we must stay for dinner. So I had to hang around but I just wanted to go. I think my parents knew I had stolen the ring and didnt care but they didnt understand how important it was and wanted to stay for the food.

Eventually I managed to transfer it from my sleeve to my pocket without it being seen by anyone and I knew that now I was in the clear. I knew once it was in my pocket that no-one could take it from me and it was mine to keep.

And then I woke up pretty happy. ^_^

Edited by Kazahel

Wow..interesting dream accounts.

My weirdest dreams occurred when I was little. Please note I really hate eggs and as a little kid I'd have dreams where scrambled eggs were oozing through the tops of the walls in my room.

In the dream I referred to it as an "egg storm". It was kind of scary really.

I guess it showed just how much I hated eggs.

I keep having these dreams about war where I live. It usually starts off with me trying to find some guns, and end up finding people I know. We start talking about what the hell is going on (which I can't ever remember). After about 5 minutes (dream time) we all go to this trench, and start shooting at strange dressed people. I usually wake up when I'm in the trench

When I was young, I used to have dreams of things or places that I have never owned, or have been to and later on

I would aquire these things and as well go to these places I have never been to or heard of.

But, recently! For about 6 months now, I keep having the same dreams about 3 times a week of a great cataclysm happening, a giant asteroid smashing into the earth and causing massive destruction as well as distiction.

Edited by Archaic

I have plenty of weird dreams. Two of the most recent stick out. All my dreams are in colour but I usually don't actually hear sounds. There are sounds but they register with me without ever actually being heard.

The first one was about me and a guy I know called Andreas, who decided to take a road trip. We some how got into a gated community, bel-air style, and our car was now a limo, had to change tyres because one of them popped. While we were working on changing it out, I heard someone talking to me from behind. when I turned around to look at him, we were all inside a building, like a mansion I guess, and Andreas had morphed into a girl I know called Sam. We were talking for a while, and didn't remark upon our new location, as it often is with dreams. Next the guy we were talking to walked into another room, we tried following him but suddenly we were in a different room. I realized the building was trying to mess with our heads so I told Sam to remain in physical contact with me, like holding hands or something, on the grounds that it should make it harder for the building to seperate us if we did so. After about two hours (I think) of mindgames where the building nearly killed us both and we tried escaping to no avail. Eventually we started panicking to get out, which didn't make it better. Sam eventually bolted off without me never to be seen again. I decided to remain in one spot, because at least then I wouldn't go from bad to worse, only to find the walls started closing in. But luckily the alarm clock rang and I woke up drenched in sweat.

The other dream was fairly trippy in some ways. Started out mundane and gradually became better and better.

I found myself on a trail just inside a forestline, with the intent to have a walk in the woods. The forest consisted of spruce and fir for the most part. The trail started sloping upwards and I followed it up, and up, with thickets of heather in vivid shades of pink and indigo all over the place, on my right hand side was a small stream that sparkled in the sunlight. Very pleasant scenery to me. When I was nearing the top, the trees got sparser and sparser, and when I looked out through the forest, I could see I was thousands of feet up, and I could see Macchu Picchu (the Inka city as most know) from the mountain which I'm pretty sure was in the northern hemisphere but I'm uncertain as to whether it was in Russia, Norway or Canada, but I think it was one of the three. Anyhow. I stood there just marvelling over it, feeling in awe of my surroundings, after some time I got to the top of the mountain only to find I was at a beach. An ocean was before me, and the water was tinted with all the colours of the rainbow and then some I can't even begin to explain. Colours that don't even exist to our eyes. I suddenly had my camera in my hands and laid down on my stomach and started taking pictures of the small waves that were gently rolling in, and then some other photographer come up to me and started talking. Shortly after that I woke up.

Was a fantastic dream, I wish I could explain it properly, but I can't. It was uneventful, but still a very special dream to me.

I'm not a member of an established religion, but I have a re-ocurring dream in which I am a priest and have to defend a church from ninja like enemies. Any thoughts?

I'm not a member of an established religion, but I have a re-ocurring dream in which I am a priest and have to defend a church from ninja like enemies. Any thoughts?

I had recent dreams that still bug me, I dream all the time and advanced warning, just because they bug me doesn't mean I,m about to relate anything particularly unique, just unresolved somehow.

I dreamt that I was out side by the side of a mountain or rise of some sort and I was practising flying, I would get off the ground about 2 feet and then level out horizontally like Im gonna take off somewhere, then an Asian man in full traditional bright coloured gard and a cheeky grin shows up and says "you should be flying by now". He smiles and floats upward, then he splits his body into 2 pieces across his waist and the top half of him floats higher and the lower half sort of sky walks around. The rise I am floating next to has an "avalanche" of rocks come loose and I have to navigate my way (while floating horizontally) through them to avoid being buried, I almost am buried by an opening still remains ahead of me that I know I will be able to pass out thru, but I wake up before I finish or get thru.

Another dream I had a few years ago was about three wise men flying through the night sky in a V shape, they had white robes and white beards and were incredibly, well wise looking. I thought to myself, are these angels? can they see me? and one of them at that moment looks right at me and I start to float up toward them, at this point my fear of heights kicks in and again like in my previous dream I get maybe 2 to 3 feet off the ground and then slowly as I become more doubtful I float back closer to the ground, I don't fall or land back to earth though I just feel the weight of my fear holding me from flying off with these beautiful wise men.

I could go on and on, what strikes me as weird is how I always used to dream I was falling or running or drowning and how more and more my dreams are of floating. My water dreams are very common too and I am shocked how often I find myself in deep water but breathing normally like I am a fish, it also constitutes another form of "floating" although with more gravity attached being as I am under water.

My final version and most recent sees me on a beach in twilight, I am watching the shoreline and great waves are crashing toward me and the beach then Unicorns come rushing out of the ocean onto the shore - hundreds of them and I think, can they be real? They can't be real I must be dreaming, how can I be seeing this? I just stare, they are smaller than I expected or ever imagined, more like large ponies than stallions and they are not bright white they are greyish white but they look powerful and intelligent and so much more precious than me, I am in awe as I watch them canter and play around me and one comes nearer, I reach out my arm not really believing he will let me touch him but he does, I stroke his side from head to rump as he slowly canters right by me and feel so lucky to be allowed to do so that I feel light and floaty again which is when I wake up.

The flying and floating may be a reach for spirituality? Just guessing but it makes sense to me. Not sure about the unicorns. Could they represent a goal that you finally get to touch?

The flying and floating may be a reach for spirituality? Just guessing but it makes sense to me. Not sure about the unicorns. Could they represent a goal that you finally get to touch?

I hope you are right about all of that both areas are very important to me. As to your ninjas, I would suggest you stand by what you believe and hold it sacred against all enemies to the proverbial death if need be.

Oh another weird dream I had about three days ago: I dreamt I met Richard Dawkins in an airport and he gave me a bro-hug before going off to reach his plane.

I havent had a lucid dream for a while because I havent tried but last night I decided to actually try. So I told myself as I was falling asleep that I would have a lucid dream.

Anyway I dreamt that I was on a skateboard I think and I was rolling down a hill in the middle of the road that was in the city, heading towards the city center. As I was rolling I just knew I was dreaming and so I held my arms out and then took off and flew. I took off like a plane and gathered height pretty quickly and then flew over everyone in the city. I ended up landing but I dont really remember the details of that. I think it was like a dream Ive had before where its like being stuck on a pendulum and so when I flew and reached a certain point I turned and went back the way I came. When that happened I think I flew to the ground(or crashed.. I forget).

Then I was in amoungst all the people in the city and it was very busy and crowded. I saw a lady who I think was naked or dressed in not much at least and she was laying down on her side in the middle of everyone on the ground. She had shortish blond hair and she was very pretty. I was captivated by her face which is why I cant remember what she was wearing if anything. I think she only wore a very long golden necklace and a small amount of see through white.

Anyway I went to her and sat down and talked to her and she spoke like a demon does in movies and I think she had a long tongue. I think she also had deep black eyes and weird teeth like typical hollywood style demons. She was very familiar to me though and she said to me that she will be mine forever if I kiss her. I thought that she was God(in disguise)and was the one who is with me always and that I was talking to like an angel.

So I think I kissed her but I dont remember the details of that. I dont remember anymore of the dream but I remember not having any reason not to kiss her.

Edited by Kazahel

Last night I had a dream that I kept going to jail for being a bad driver. Every time I went to jail I only spent a few days at a time, but then when I got back on the road I would end up driving in the wrong lane, into oncoming traffic, down one-way streets, etc. And I'd end up back in jail.

Strange.

Last night I had a dream that I kept going to jail for being a bad driver. Every time I went to jail I only spent a few days at a time, but then when I got back on the road I would end up driving in the wrong lane, into oncoming traffic, down one-way streets, etc. And I'd end up back in jail.

Strange.

Don't know if it will help but whenever I dream of my car it usually ends up being a dream about which direction in life I am heading.

I'm not saying you are going to jail but you may be doing something that is leading you to a dead end and going against the grain of your true nature - hence the driving into oncoming traffic. The jail bit could be your psyche saying "time out stop and rethink cos this path is full of obstacles that you will not be able to overcome so I'm gonna hold you in limbo (in jail) till you get it and change course to drive with the flow of life again".

Last night I dreamt that my dad walked from my parents home to mine and I was worried for him cos his is 71 years old. Then I dreamt my home was in a mess and I needed to re-arrange all the furniture and put it in order. My mother rocked up and saw this and I said, it is really hard with all of my nieces and sister's stuff all over the place to know how I would arrange everything to suit me. (this is actually true right now). Then my mother said she would arrange it all for me but I got the impression it wasn't my earthly mother it was my divine mother talking and she proceeded to bring order to the chaos and the house ended up looking very much like I wanted but the furniture was strange it wasn't what I currently have at all and there were still some items which were placed in ways that created obstacles for me and I proceeded to move these around myself.

Today, my real mother came over to have pancakes with my niece and myself and we discussed how I would be rearranging some things in the second half of the year while my niece was interstate with her mom and she said she would help me spring clean and wash down the walls. I am still thinking the dream was the divine mother and this waking life outcome my real mother acting on the universe's impulse in this matter which is another issue resolved that I have been worrying over, nice one huh?.

I hope you are right about all of that both areas are very important to me. As to your ninjas, I would suggest you stand by what you believe and hold it sacred against all enemies to the proverbial death if need be.

I was thinking the same thing.The priest connection I just don't get though.

Strange.

Hmmmmmmmm. Maybe your dream is trying to say that you have learned lessons, but don't remember them and are bound to repeat them.

I had a really weird dream last night, I don't really know if it was a dream or if it really happened. I'm scared to tell anyone so I'll just post it here. Please read through the whole thing, it's sorta interesting.

Last night, me and my brother passed out on his bed, which is in the basement. I was in a deep sleep for awhile, but I felt it getting a little harder to breathe, so I woke up. It was strange though because I couldn't move anything on my body at all. I was trying so hard to move and I just couldn't, this went on for a couple minutes. I started to hear growling coming from the other side of the bed where my brother was (I figured it was just my dog, even though she doesn't growl all that much, I made myself believe it was my dog) But then I heard something else growling too, and it sounded like it was coming from my brother. Now, let me remind you that my basement is pitch black so I couldn't see anything. I was getting freaked out, so I tried picking up my arm to hit my brother to wake him up, but I couldn't get my arm up. It felt like it was asleep or something. My arm started to sting and it went numb. I decided to not wake my brother up. Scared that he wouldn't believe any of that happening, so I tried to go back to sleep. I woke up in the morning and my arm hurt pretty bad. I looked at it, and theres bite marks on it. Two on my wrist and one by my elbow. They don't look like human bites. The teeth marks ore circular shaped and hurt pretty bad. I don't know what to do or who to tell.

If you guys had any alike experiences, please do tell me. If you have an explanation to what this could be, please reply to this. I'm in need up help. Thank you.

I had a weird dream last night and the night before.

The night before I dreamt that I was in the bush in the national park near where I grew up. It was all different though and I went to an edge and there was a log which had a small area which looked as if someone had been playing there. I could see tiny black action figure guns which were on the ground and when I bent down to pick one up, a huge head of a snake came out from a hole that was right near my feet. It was a huge black snake and its head was about the size of my hand. I straight away thought it was a tiger snake and so I placed my foot over the hole so it wouldnt be able to get out from its burrow. I was wearing big heavy army style boots so it wasnt a problem.

Then I made a run for it but this annoyed the snake lots and it came after me and it was very very fast. It was much faster than me and it was just huge. It was about 4 to 5 meters in length and it seemed very angry. When it got close again I think I stepped on it again near its head so it couldnt bite me. I cant remember fully but I remember stopping it again before making another run for it. So I tried to out run it but it was way to fast and I coudlnt.

Then last night I had a lucid dream. I dreamt that I was at my old primary school and high school. It was like both places mixed together.

At first I was out the front and there was a large industrial size bin which had a very large black mirror in it which had many white crosses painted on. It was meant to be some sort of lighting thing and it was thrown away because it apparently hypnotized the students. I jumped into the bin and sat infront of it and watched it for awhile and then I think I went lucid. I might of been lucid before but I'm not sure. Anyway I jumped out and then started to move around like an animal again. I was walking slowly though and like I was on the prowl. I was like a lion but I was not fully shifted into one. I was taking note of how my back was formed and how it was very easy to move on all fours. It was like I didnt have to bend on a weird angle or anything and it was very natural to move in this way.

Eventually I came across a very large mirror which was more in the center of the school on the path, it was about the same size as the black mirror. It was leaning up against the railing so that there was no wall behind it or anything. As soon as I saw this mirror for some reason I ran and lept through it. I passed straight through the mirror and landed on the other side of it. When I did this the light of day faded just slightly to show that a change had occured. So it was dimmer and it was like I had passed though into another dimension. Like being in two places at once in the same place. After that my eyes changed so that everything I looked at had like a double version of it that was right next to it but was golden/yellow like an aura. So if I looked at a tree I would see the normal tree but then an aura of the tree. So everything I looked at did this and it was hard to see things clearly because there was twice as much to see on everything. So it gave it an almost blurred look.

After this I just kept walking around like an animal and looking in this new way. I walked away from the mirror and thought that if I did not go back through the way I came now I would not ever be able to. I didnt care though and so I just walked away. I did turn to see if the mirror was still there but I couldnt see it. I knew I could go back and look for it but I didnt bother.

I had a strange dream last night. I remember bits and pieces which are too jumbled to put together decently. The main part that really stood out though was where I was with my twin sister somewhere and I happened to see my reflection. I had sapphire eyes. So my eyes were actual sapphire stones/jewels. My pupils though I think were just sapphired coloured or smaller jewels but it was the whites of my eyes that were like hard sapphire stone/jewels. It was like I didnt have skin around my eyes like eye lids or the skin under my eyes. So my eyes ended up looking quite large like grey alien style but they were jewels.

Then I dreamt other dreams which I cant piece together too well but I noticed my eyes were still sapphire. So it was like I then later dreamt of catching my reflection again and seeing the same sapphire eyes and thinking that I still had them.

Was weird.

Cool dreams I had a very strange one.

Last night. First off I have never taken a huluicinagen. But for some reason I was interested in ths patch of mushrooms. Not surprising I have hunted for wild edible mushrooms before, ( don't worry I know what I'm doing) with this particular batch for some unknown I just ate a small one. ( I would never do this). Instantly I started vibrating. It was very pleasurable. It fadded. And I collected more of them. I was in this large under ground cavern with light. There were people there going about different things. One young man in particular seem interested in me. I don't remember what we were talking about. I'm getting ready to leave when I relize that I had mistaken the mushrooms I was carrying as some sort if snack food I was just randomly eating. I tried to force myself to throw up relizing I had just overdosed on what probably is a hullucinagenic mushroom.

I turn to him to ask for his help, he said don't worry I'll see you through it. Not sure what was about to happened I resolved myself to stay calm. If under the influence of these things is anything like altered states that I can already acomplish anxiety was going to do me no good. Takeing a deep breath.... My mind slipped into total chaos. I cant remember everything that I saw I just remember that the things that went through my head were so far out that they were uninteligable.. I fought constantly to keep control of my anxiety. Ocassionally I would call out to the young man to check if he was still there. I could here him faintly against the back drop of total insanity reassuring my that he would pull me through. The last thing I remember was something devouring me, but I was completely surrendered to it so it did not hurt and I was not scared. I came to in his arms . It seemed like I was in that state forever. He helped me up, we walked around a little bit ( for the life of me I cant remember what we talked about) then he walked me to my vehicle I remember thinking what in the hell am I going to tell my wife.... and then I woke up.

I don't know what that was all about, I have never taken anything other than alcohol and I have no intention to, but dam if that is what tripping on drugs is like......count me out still. Besides it apears that I don't need to. That was the most intense dream I have had in a very very long while if not ever. It wasn't as much scary as just unsettling.

I'm still rattled about it.

• Like 1

Just a couple of dreams with a water/disaster theme that i want to add.

14th april 2011

Just a very brief clip where i became aware of being in a large spacious, lots of glass windows type building like a mall/airport/head quarters - I'm not sure what it was, but it was set in remote area i think. And i was aware of other people around, and some were going about with really complex cameras with large lenses. There was a commotion going on to one side of the building where people were taking tours almost to go and look out the windows to see a disaster that happened... so i went over to look a very severe flood outside where the water level was already up to one and half storeys high. The flood waters were lapping up against the building like a lake, so it was widespread and with the lower portions of building submerged under water. Then at that point when i made myself look to see how high the water level was, i exited the dream and woke up.

I have a weird feeling about the dream, but no details to know what country or any other specifics.

and

27th april 2011

Had a waking dream with something trying to tell/show me a BSE event of the water/sea food chain. Came through so quickly that i don't much detail. Just that it was to do with water food and BSE.

BSE as i am well aware is also known as mad cow disease, so if i was to attempt to interpret my own dream here i would say it's to do with infected water/food supply and hopefully is just a dream.

Okay glad Im not the only one, tons of beings I am contecting with esp other inutitives are getting the same thing..not pretty

Just a couple of dreams with a water/disaster theme that i want to add.

14th april 2011

Just a very brief clip where i became aware of being in a large spacious, lots of glass windows type building like a mall/airport/head quarters - I'm not sure what it was, but it was set in remote area i think. And i was aware of other people around, and some were going about with really complex cameras with large lenses. There was a commotion going on to one side of the building where people were taking tours almost to go and look out the windows to see a disaster that happened... so i went over to look a very severe flood outside where the water level was already up to one and half storeys high. The flood waters were lapping up against the building like a lake, so it was widespread and with the lower portions of building submerged under water. Then at that point when i made myself look to see how high the water level was, i exited the dream and woke up.

I have a weird feeling about the dream, but no details to know what country or any other specifics.

and

27th april 2011

Had a waking dream with something trying to tell/show me a BSE event of the water/sea food chain. Came through so quickly that i don't much detail. Just that it was to do with water food and BSE.

BSE as i am well aware is also known as mad cow disease, so if i was to attempt to interpret my own dream here i would say it's to do with infected water/food supply and hopefully is just a dream.

Keeping an eye out on how this flooding situation carries on over the next 2 weeks, but found this article interesting as it relates to flooding and the implications on farming/food production for years to come.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42921838/ns/business-us_business/