Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weird dreams thread!

_Ghastly_

I also had a weird dream last night. I fell asleep listening to a lucid dream inducing tone video. I didn't have a lucid dream, but did have a wild dream of watching a bright meteor fall from the sky toward the ground. It was a very bright and vivid sight I can still see about exactly as it was, while the rest of the dream is now fuzzy memories). Then I witnessed and joined in a sort of public panic. I was in a store with my mom trying to get any food we could. There were raiders and tricksters all around, too. It was a weird, kind of scary scenario. I somehow lost most of the food I had found in the store, but eventually found more.

Later I was driving in my car outside of this city I was in. I looked to the right in the distance and saw a bridge that had collapsed in the center. Then I looked back at the road I was driving on and quickly braked, as I was now on a bridge that also had collapsed in the same way. A part of me just wanted to give up and keep driving off the edge and fall over to my death, but some part of me wanted to not give up, so I stopped. I did, and watched other cars fall over the edge. I was now stuck before the fall as the part of bridge behind me was sloped up. I tried to reverse but it just stayed still. Some man appeared and somehow helped my car back up and onto level ground. I was very appreciative for him basically saving my life, and we were both happy.

I dream of bridges so much. Always over the ocean.

Edited by _Only

I had a weird somewhat lucid dream last night. And I grew dragon claws.

It started where I had just come out of a chemist, it was night time and it was very misty and as I walked back down a slight slope I started to fly. I didnt know I was dreaming at first and when someone, Sam Knight, a kid I havent thought of since primary school) asked me how come I can fly I told them something like " because of the legend of the mist" . I meant it as if I could fly because I was flying on the mist and it was allowing me to. I think my subconscious mustve got that from maybe Excalibur(watched it years ago)where he rides a horse over the dragons breath, summoned by Merlin, inorder to cross the uncrossable.

Anyway so I was flying around the mist and then I landed and I think thats when I went slightly lucid because I knew I could throw someone through a wall. So I picked up an old friend of mine by his neck and threw him into the wall. I thought he would smash the wall but instead he disappeared into it and vanished. So everyone thought he had died and was alittle freaked out.

Then I was somewhere near a river which I flew over and flew into and then out of again. I dont usually risk flying into water because it can be hard to get out but I was flying really well and so I flew over and under and watched the fish jumping. Then I stopped and tried to make a water tornado. Last time I tried to make a tornado I tried to be the tornado but this time I made one by thinking of the water moving and controlling it to move into one. I made a small one but not like how I wanted. So I moved on and flew off to the city.

Then I was kinda like a bit of a super villain and I was flying above everyone again and I landed and went into a shop, I forget the order here slightly but I remember then flying around this small shop cross legged and sitting on a jade green coloured wooden chinese chair thing. It didnt have a back like a chair though it was more like a box. Anyway I sat on that crossed legged like some kind of monk and floated around the store. My old friends were there and treating me poorly because I could fly and I was kinda looking down on them as if they were below me. lol... well they were.

Then one of them said something about a helicopter being out the front of the store and that they can fly too. So I went outside and snapped off the tips of all the rotors. I went back in and said something like "you mean this chopper" and threw it on the ground and laughed. I had damaged their chopper so now they couldnt fly. They got mad and all ran out the front to the helicopter and I walked over to it and picked it up and threw it down over my head and smashed it. It then looked like a broken toy and they got pretty mad at that.

They called the dog squad to come and get me, which were police but they were dog catches and it was meant as if I was an out of control dog. But I was flying and not running and so they could not catch me because they were on the ground. So I flew to a large traditional looking chinese wooden gate. It was all red with bits of green and all across the top of the gate it had a serrated edge. I did a weird thing then and I wasnt lucid at all I dont think. I flew from one end of the gate to the other and ran my finger tips the opposite way to the serrated edge into the edge. It was very very painful and it felt like I was getting wooden splinters up under my fingertips and coming out the top of the nail/fingers. Almost as if you could imagine clawing very hard and fast with your nails down splinterd wood.

Anyway after the first time I then stopped and looking at my nails and they had turned into dragon nails. I had very large finger nails which looked like dragon claws. So I flew again and ran my finger tips again across the serrating two more time I think. Each time hurt very much but made the nails again. I wanted it to be done for sure even though I think once was enough.

After that I then flew into the center of the top of the gate a knelt down infront of a small drawing of a chinese emperor/god which was drawn on red wood. In his right hand(pretty sure it was his right) on his middle finger he wore a golden ring and at his feet was a golden bowl(a prayer bowl of something). I then kissed the golden ring twice I think and then bowed my head to touch the golden bowl. It was as if giving my allegiance to him. It was also as if I was no longer a dog and so they could not catch me.

And then I flew off with dragon claws. Then I remember being in America I think.. I think Texas and I was with a new girlfriend. I flew to her house and was meeting her father for the first time. He wanted to take us all out sky diving. I asked him where it was while he was still getting ready and he told me if was about 20 miles east of Dubi so quite a drive. He didnt know I could fly so while I waited out the front of his auto repair shop/home I quickly flew half way there and then back again as like a joke. I was laughing to myself kinda at my speed.

Then as a joke I landed on the roof of his two story home and sat up looking out. When he came out to leave and say hello to me properly I said "look I can fly!" like a crazy man and then jumped off the building and smacked really hard on the ground. lol. I meant to freak him out and pretend to be dead but what I actually did was wake myself up from the jolt and from closing my eyes. So I was spewing because I wouldve just kept flying aorund but instead I woke myself up and he thought I had died. lol.

It was still quite amusing though.

Edited by Kazahel

I debated whether to share this to be honest because I'm fairly certain, actually, I am definitely certain it will make me sound like an absolute lunatic but the title of the thread is "The weird dreams thread" and this truly is weird. Should probably come with a disclaimer as well because it's not your cliche weird dream, it's just extremely bloody weird!!

This was when I was about 16 years old. In the dream, me and a few friends of mine are waiting in a line outside this bar where we are going to see a band called Alkaline Trio, some of you may have heard of them. So we're waiting in this line, dressed sort of punky/pop-punky, three-quarter shorts with chains, hoodies, spikey hair etc and we notice that everyone else in the queue is dressed really smart and are all older than us (I'm talking about 20-30 year olds here, not proper old), we look well out of place and obviously think it's a bit odd that Alkaline Trio are playing here.

Eventually we get inside and the place is just this huge, really posh, smart bar full of yuppy young types who all instantly stop their conversations and put down their drinks when we come in and just stare at us. Eventually one of us asks about the Alkaline Trio gig and someone goes, "Oh....yes....that, it's over there" in a really condescending way and he points to a tiny corner of the room with no-one in and a tiny little stage, he also says something to his friend like "they look like the types" or something like that.

Next thing I remember from the dream is Alkaline Trio playing on this little stage and me and my friends going mad, making a mini mosh pit and all that. Then when they finish they decide to ask some of us if we want to go backstage with them. We are all dead excited and follow them back stage but once we go through the door the band are nowhere to be seen and there is nothing in the room apart from a huge spiral staircase so we all go up the stairs. At the top of the stairs there is just one door and nothing else, we also notice that 2 or 3 of the group have suddenly gone missing.

Me and the others head through the door into a canteen and behind the counters, serving the food, are the band members, dressed in kitchen whites and hair nets. So we go to get food, all that is on offer is a big sandwich with some sort of meat for the filling. So, Alkaline Trio make us our sandwiches and then come from behind the counter and tell us to head through a small opening at the end of the room. Sandwich in hand we head through the small opening, only to fall into a swimming pool as soon as we head through the opening. In the pool are our missing friends in see-through body bags. Strange thing is (if all this isn't strange enough!!) that there was no gore, it wasn't gruesome or horrifying or anything, we were just sort of like "Weird, how did they end up there?". Anyway, we climb out of the pool and Alkaline Trio are stood there, staring at us, somehow we all still have our sandwiches in hand. Then the lead singer just looks at the sandwiches with a really sinister look on his face and one of our group just suddenly loses their mind and starts freaking out, we ask what he is going mental about, he just says "The sandwiches!! The pool!! They're taking people from the concerts and putting them in the pool!!! That's what's in the sandwiches!!! Matt Skiba is storing fans in the pool to use in the sandwiches!!"

Then, we all freak out and runaway and end up finding find another small hatch/opening, we jump through it and where do we end up? Yup, you guessed it! Where else but Typhoon Lagoon!! (Water park, Disney, Orlando) and that was the end. Absolutely insane, the other thing was that I have never had such a clear, vivid dream in my life!!

So there you go, cash prize for the person who can interpret that!! A long with the knowledge that yes I am completely sane, no I do not take any drugs and no I am not Ted Bundy's long lost son.

PS - I apologise if anyone was disturbed by that! I hope reading it doesn't spark a similar dream off for you and yes, one final thing, that is all true, not that I could even begin to try and make anything like that up for sh!ts & giggles anyway!!

Edited by Manc_Lad

I don't think there is any interpreting that, it sounds like an astral dream plain and simple. Doors, spiral stair ways, water pools - all classic symbolisms of passing through portals/dimensions etc.

I had a really long lucid dream last night where I spent most of the time flying around with my son. The dream was so long that its hard to put it all together or bother to type it. At one stage I stood on a exposed/broken electrical cable that was on the ground and I allowed it to electrocute me so I could throw electricty across to another person who I was fighting with or something. Then I picked the live wire up and wrapped it around him. He had teased me before this and said something about me waking up now and so I cant get him. When he said this I actually faded out of the dream and began to wake up but I stayed very still and focused and went straight back into the dream in the exact same place as where it left off. Which he got a shock at and thats why I electocuted him. lol.

Anyway I spent what felt like hours flying around and way up past the highest sky scrapers, I had no trouble flying anywhere at all and at very fast speeds. I even landed quite a few times and just jumped off the buildings and flew in like a slipstream or air. So my son and I just kinda played follow the leader. Sometimes I would go first and sometimes he would.

The main thing I remember though is flying way out to outer space and past Pluto. I was standing on a rock which was meant to be a planet(it was one) but we were so large we looked down from the planet we were standing on like giants, towards the other stars. I was standing with my son on my left and to my right was a large god like man with a long black beard. Like the beard from the main character in 300 but longer. He looked like a Greek god/warrior or something and reminded me of them.

We all stood together and he told me that Pluto was down that way as we looked over the edge of the planet we stood on. So we were on the next planet further out than Pluto. Stars were everywhere. I patted him on the back very briefly as a gesture to say thankyou and that this was most awesome and wonderful experience for us both. At first he was somewhat shocked at me touching him as I kinda was too. I never really do that to anyone and it was odd for me to but it just happened as a way to communicate 'thankyou!' in excitment. So for a moment he didnt know how to take it as if it might of been a threatening action or like touching a king/god I should not of, it was like he took a few seconds to understand what it meant or to maybe forgive me. I dunno.. I think he just wasnt used to it.

But then I think I smiled and looked down towards Pluto(I couldnt see it but knew its direction) as if to say to him "this is amazing!" and he then understood and smiled. He reminded me of how certain gods are with certain planets and he was one of them. Anyway then my son dived off and fell(flew)towards Pluto and after a few seconds I did the same to fly with him. I could see he was clear like in an astral body or something. At first I flew quite slowly, I think because I was trying to actually fly. But when I just let myself fall I flew very very fast and it was like we hit this slipstream again. It was super fast and faster than Ive ever flown and we headed towards Pluto.

It was a great experience and I feel my flying is better than its ever been.

Hi! Newbie here. I tried posting this already but the hotel I'm in kicked me off the internet to register again. So if this shows up twice,,,, sorry!

Anyway. My dream had two components that I question and wonder if there is any significance.

I was dreaming there was a great War of the Worlds type battle going on. I and another person which was a woman I do not know were trying to escape. We did this by entering a craft kind of like a spaceship, only this vessel was powered and controlled by the mind.

I found that I could achieve a great speed by creating a strong tension like a straining in the top of my head. I discovered that if I created the strong tension without the straining that the speed we could fly was unbelievable! The fact that I was able to make the ship fly didn't seem strange at all. We were actually escaping the "enemy". One thing to mention here is that my dreams are very graphic and real like.

Then the strangest thing happened. I woke up and realized I was dreaming. I mulled around (I don't remember doing what) and then I actually woke up!

Strictly an entertaining dream or is there any significance here?

This one I just remembered from awhile ago. It was weird because it was a very rare dream (the only one I can think of at the moment) where I was someone else in the dream besides me seeing through my eyes. Instead I suppose I was watching it like a movie.

I saw an older adult man (maybe 40s?), being taken care of by a slightly younger adult couple. He lived with them. He was always

living off of the couple, but at some point he went off on his own for a few days. The couple went to search for him, and found him in a dirty apartment. They were helping him

take all his things back to their house, along with him.

Man of couple was mad that the troubled man took all his things downstairs, and front room was

empty. He said it was like he wanted to make it more work.

When they got all his stuff out, turns out there were extremely valuable things the

troubled man had. Some precious gems or minerals (like diamonds) sprinkled all in and on his bed, worth a lot of money. The couple saw these and talked with someone about them

outside in front of a table. They then looked at all these huge, very nice houses lined up on a tall hill in front of them, choosing which one they wanted to buy with the jewels. They were so happy.

• 2 months later...

I've been having running dreams again where I find myself running on all fours. I hadnt had one like this for a couple of months which is quite awhile. I think anger triggered them, I'm not sure.

Anyway I had the first quick one on the 4th of September where I found myself running on all fours, this made me go slightly lucid(it usually does)but I went with the flow of the dream and didnt go fully lucid. So its like being aware that your dreaming but not caring and just seeing where the dream takes you and I keep running. Anyway I lept up onto the side of a tree and clung on using claws. I then howled and I dont remember much more but I know there was more.

Then on the 9th of September I dreamt I was trying to break into a prison. I was sneaking around the outside of it at night time and was being careful not to be spotted by the guards. I was listening to them from the outside and waiting inorder to move around the back of the prison. I remember watching them out the back and they were putting up razor wire and a female guard cut her hand on the wire. She was given a thick tan glove to wear afterwards to help her continue.

Then they all started to run up the stairs(a slight slope) and it was meant as a race to test who could run the fastest out of all the guards. This made me run as well and I ran normally at the start behind them. Then I started to equal them and I saw myself from a 3rd person view and could see I was wearing a uniform similar to theirs but not quite the same. Anotherwords I was trying to use it to blend in with them as a way to get in the prison but you could tell it wasnt the same. They noticed me and said "who is that?!" and then they started to chase me. At this point I placed my hands down like an animal on all fours and got much further ahead of them. It was like I was just toying with them and had ran normally as a joke.

Anyway I got much further ahead and then I saw myself again from the 3rd person and I was wearing white like some kind of indian guru. I sat down crossed legged and then set myself on fire. This fire then burned anything that came near me and it whirled around me like a pulse/fire tornado. It was also like I was moving through the fire as I was watching myself from the 3rd person. Then it was like I did the exact same thing again and the dream repeated itself. I went to sneak in again to the prison and then ran again. I forget some of the dream. I think I managed to break out this kid I knew from many years ago who was not a very nice person back then and not a friend at all.

He was in the group that cause much trouble with violence when I was younger. Anyway he was running behind me at one stage and I told him to do everything exactly how I do it. Meaning so when I placed my hands down to run that he must as well inorder to run faster and escape the prison. I remember telling him to really dig your nails into the dirt and to use that to pull you along as you run. I forget what we had been charged with, I was at the sentencing in court before it all but I forget. I got away though and had told him I would help him so thats why I was breaking him out.

Anyway I'm pretty sure I set myself on fire twice inorder to burn anyone that had come near me. It was like dreaming the same moments twice. I was lucid but went with the flow of the dream so the fire was how it flowed and not something I consciously tried to do, I just did it. Like the howl.

It was kinda weird too because on the morning of typing this dream(the fire dream) I typed into google "The Howling Wind" to look for images because of the howling dream, And I found this image below which looks alittle like how I looked in the dream. My face was different though and more like a monks.

Anyway then last night(10th, meaning I typed it on the 10th/today) I dreamt I was running again through the beer garden up at the old pub in my home town. It was a pretty boring dream though apart from the running.

post-33493-0-82226300-1347244482_thumb.j

Edited by Kazahel

I had an unusual dream today, that was short but quite vivid, I was nodding on the couch when suddenly I dreamed that I was in another room looking at the black screen of a broken tv, I can remember being afraid that I would see some type of demon in screen, ( because demons often appear in mirrors) as I got closer I did indeed see a figure and I grew scared but as I got closer I realized it was just me, but I was wearing wide brimmed hat like a something Frank Sinatra would wear, as I got closer I tipped my hat at myself and heard a voice say lighten up a little.

• Like 2

I had an unusual dream today, that was short but quite vivid, I was nodding on the couch when suddenly I dreamed that I was in another room looking at the black screen of a broken tv, I can remember being afraid that I would see some type of demon in screen, ( because demons often appear in mirrors) as I got closer I did indeed see a figure and I grew scared but as I got closer I realized it was just me, but I was wearing wide brimmed hat like a something Frank Sinatra would wear, as I got closer I tipped my hat at myself and heard a voice say lighten up a little.

That's awesome, I have been trying to teach people that for ages.

• Like 1

My sleep was horrible all weekend, but on the plus side, waking up every couple of hours helped me to remember so many dreams. I had 5 last night that were all seemingly short, but one really stuck out.

I'm in some kind of forest, sort of scouting out for a place to camp. (I get the feeling I'm staying out here for awhile) Then I'm in sort of a marshy area of the forest, standing in knee deep water. The water reminds me of a marsh because there is grass and reeds growing through it, but it's crystal clear..very clean looking.

There is a Native American looking man standing infront of me. I was worried about how I would survive out here and suddenly he reaches down into the water and pulled out a big fish. Without speaking he tells me to bite into the fish. I do, (only slightly grossed out because of the skin on it) I removed the skin and then took another bite, which I then remember thinking was the freshest, best tasting thing I've ever tasted.

So yeah, pretty unusual thing for me to dream...and no, I wasn't craving sushi!

My sleep was horrible all weekend, but on the plus side, waking up every couple of hours helped me to remember so many dreams. I had 5 last night that were all seemingly short, but one really stuck out.

I'm in some kind of forest, sort of scouting out for a place to camp. (I get the feeling I'm staying out here for awhile) Then I'm in sort of a marshy area of the forest, standing in knee deep water. The water reminds me of a marsh because there is grass and reeds growing through it, but it's crystal clear..very clean looking.

There is a Native American looking man standing infront of me. I was worried about how I would survive out here and suddenly he reaches down into the water and pulled out a big fish. Without speaking he tells me to bite into the fish. I do, (only slightly grossed out because of the skin on it) I removed the skin and then took another bite, which I then remember thinking was the freshest, best tasting thing I've ever tasted.

So yeah, pretty unusual thing for me to dream...and no, I wasn't craving sushi!

You wouldn't happen to be on a paleo diet, would you? :)

Interesting I ran across this today - I usually don't dream (or remember them) for long periods and then I seem to have a bunch all at once. That happened last night. In one my brother-in-law was chasing someone through a store and in another I was buying re-enactment clothing. I believe there was another but it is foggy. Does anyone else happen to have these "dream backups"?

You wouldn't happen to be on a paleo diet, would you? :)

Interesting I ran across this today - I usually don't dream (or remember them) for long periods and then I seem to have a bunch all at once. That happened last night. In one my brother-in-law was chasing someone through a store and in another I was buying re-enactment clothing. I believe there was another but it is foggy. Does anyone else happen to have these "dream backups"?

Yes, this happened to two nights ago, and I found it striking, too. I had been thinking earlier in the day how I hadn't recalled any dreams in awhile. Then I had a few that night that I wrote down the next morning upon waking, and then a few more I wrote down after going back to bed for a few hours. I also had multiple dreams last night. It had been a week of absolutely no recollection of any dreams.

And I love your fish dream, Sarah. The way you describe it (freshest, best thing you've ever tasted) makes it seem so significant and special. Those dreams where you experience such a strong emotion are something others can envy. It's so real.

• Like 1

I saw a strange symbol form last night. One similar to a Dolphin ring I've seen before in a dream I posted years ago.

Anyway I dreamt last night I was in Perth city at night time with some old friends of mine. I was with Christian, waiting for a bus and we disagreed about something but I forget what. I talked to him though to forgive whatever it was but he was kinda sulking. Anyway I dont remember most of the dream because it seemed unimportant but I mainly remember looking up at the night sky and seeing the Aurora borealis.

I could see the Aurora of green with red and it stretched out over the sky. While I was watching, it started to come together and form a smaller but thicker pattern. It looked like it mixed with the clouds and it all came together to form two dolphins about the size of the moon, one was green and one was red and there was the slight grey of cloud inbetween and around them as like an outline. It all had a ripple look to it too, like the ocean.

It looked very much like the Yin and Yang but the dolphins were going in the same direction. Both dolphins heads were facing to the left and one dolphin was under the other(the red was under I think) but they were side by side. They were in the position typical of seeing dolphins as if they were leaping and they were slowly spinning anti clockwise together.

It was pretty cool to see so I just stood there and watched.

Cool, I love dreams where I'm watching stuff in the night sky.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool, I love dreams where I'm watching stuff in the night sky.

Me too, I've noticed things in the sky seem to come alive more during dreams.

I had a cool lucid dream last night. It started in the city and some kid stole my wallet. I took it back and checked it and said he could leave and then straight after I realized my credit cards were gone. So I placed my hands down onto the ground and ran after him like an animal. After running for a little I went lucid and so I forgot about him and took to the sky and started flying around. Someone was flying with me because they asked why I kick my feet. I hadnt really noticed until then and I stopped doing it but it felt unnatural and like they were doing nothing. So I kicked again and said I think of it as like swimming. I know though that its better to use your mind to fly and not so much your body but I did it anyway.

The next thing I remember I'm inside a large shopping complex and I'm on the second story, I looked over the edge down to the ground floor and saw that it was all white. It looked like it went to nothing. So I lept over the edge into the white to see what would happen. I fell and kept falling and it felt like I was sky diving. I was surrounded by nothing else but white which was quite odd. After maybe 30 seconds of falling in the white it started to part with black and slight clouds. I noticed a star and the white all faded to black with more stars. When I saw the first star I focused on it and a light blue circle marker went around the star and it told me its name. I forget what it was but I think it started with a C with a weird math symbol or something next (lol like that helps) it looked like an h crossed with an f though. I tried to remember the name but I forget now because I dreamt too many dreams after and didnt write it down. It was like Chiaus or something.

Anyway then I was just falling in space surrounded by stars and everytime I focused on a star a circle would go around the star and its close group and names would appear. It was pretty cool and I thanked God for all His stars and to get to witness this. I fell for ages. Then I fell through an atmosphere and I realized I was falling into a planet. I landed in an ocean with no land as far as I could see and the ocean had very big waves. I didnt like being in the water because sometimes I find it hard to fly out of water and I was trying but then the sun shined or something and the whole ocean went golden. It was very bright and was like swimming in gold water. It was very pretty.

As I was trying to fly out of the water a large golden water spout came over me and picked me up but I dont remember anymore after that.

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1

Weird dreams. Okay. Here's one that happens every few years or so.

It's a flying dream, except that when I fall I catch a treetop, maybe 100 feet tall and bend it back towards the earth. With the resultant force I'm flung back up into the air and left to catch another treetop... and it goes on and on.

It truly is the best fun I've ever had dreaming. :)

Weird dreams. Okay. Here's one that happens every few years or so.

It's a flying dream, except that when I fall I catch a treetop, maybe 100 feet tall and bend it back towards the earth. With the resultant force I'm flung back up into the air and left to catch another treetop... and it goes on and on.

It truly is the best fun I've ever had dreaming. :)

Lol, some of my most fun dreams are extreme bouncing dreams. I'll be jumping so high into the air, then zooming back down, and bouncing back way up from the ground. It's funny, because I will get so high in my jumps that I'll hit an invisible "ceiling" so high up in the air, and then fall back down. I think sometimes I can push myself against that invisible wall for a second or two because I hit up into it with such force, before falling back down again.

Apparently this is supposed to be a lucid type of dream. But I don't remember being lucid in the dream; I just remember the activity. Now that I think about it, maybe I was lucid in that I was controlling my actions to some degree. But it is still lucid if I am not aware that I'm even dreaming? If I was actually controlling it, or just remembering as if I was controlling it in the dream, I am too fuzzy to decide.

• Like 1

If I fall asleep on the couch and the tv is on, I will dream what's on tv sometimes.

I assume my subconscious is picking up on what goes on outside and plays it

out in a dream.

Lol, some of my most fun dreams are extreme bouncing dreams. I'll be jumping so high into the air, then zooming back down, and bouncing back way up from the ground. It's funny, because I will get so high in my jumps that I'll hit an invisible "ceiling" so high up in the air, and then fall back down. I think sometimes I can push myself against that invisible wall for a second or two because I hit up into it with such force, before falling back down again.

Apparently this is supposed to be a lucid type of dream. But I don't remember being lucid in the dream; I just remember the activity. Now that I think about it, maybe I was lucid in that I was controlling my actions to some degree. But it is still lucid if I am not aware that I'm even dreaming? If I was actually controlling it, or just remembering as if I was controlling it in the dream, I am too fuzzy to decide.

You can't recall what you're bouncing off of (on the bottom stroke) something like a trampoline? Or this was extreme leaping?When you say 'lucid dreaming', now that I think about it, yes I guess so. I had complete control with the experience. Maybe that's what made it so enjoyable?

If I fall asleep on the couch and the tv is on, I will dream what's on tv sometimes.

I assume my subconscious is picking up on what goes on outside and plays it

out in a dream.

You proved again the slight distance that exists between our consciuos/sub-conscious and unconscious mind.

You can't recall what you're bouncing off of (on the bottom stroke) something like a trampoline? Or this was extreme leaping?

No, I was just bouncing off of the ground. I guess it was extreme leaping, but just felt more like bouncing because of the way I would fall to the ground and just go back up.

• 4 weeks later...

Well its about an hour earlier than I usually get up, but I thought I'd type this while it was fresh in my mind.

I had a lucid dream last night which I turned into what people call an out of body experience. I know some people most likely wont believe me considering my postings in the 'how to summon evil spirits thread' and the timing but I said to myself a few days ago that I will try to get back into lucid dreaming and actually focus on it. I've been doing this for about 20yrs so I'm not bad at it and I've lucid dreamt 4 days in a row now but the other three night have been pretty boring and quick. The most memorable was on the 27th, I was running as I do like an animal and trying two different styles of running. One using both hands at the same time and the other more like a gallop, I was testing the speeds. Later I looked in the mirror to see myself naked and I had claws which was the thing that stood out in that lucid dream. My claws were short but very thick and sharp.

Anyway last night,or like about 20mins ago( I woke up at 6:11am) I dreamt I was near a pool somewhere and to keep it short(cause this part is dreamish)I saw my son who had very blond hair. My son doesnt have blond hair in real life so I knew I was dreaming. Then I was in my lounge room(I forget a small part of the start) and I talked with him and he looked alittle younger than he does in real life. I told him lets fly and I started to try with the swimming method which wasnt working too good. I looked at him and he was hovering a meter above the ground. So I used the thinking method to fly(where you dont move your body at all and only use your mind. I flew around the room like this explaining the thinking method was better.

Then next thing I know I'm in the blackness as if I have woken up but I know to stay very still at this time inorder to go back into a lucid dream. This time though I was being more aware of my body(I think because of the thinking method) and I started to rock my body side to side. I was laying on my left side and what I did was rock my body from the left over to my right. I was trying to pop out of my body during this black stage and I could feel it moving. I didnt hear anything but I did vibrate slightly. It felt like I was actually almost doing it in real life and I was kinda hoping I wouldnt find myself waking up on the actual groud in real life.

Anyway I rocked all the way over to the right and fell from the bed and onto the ground. I could see my hands were clearish but also solid and they were kinda light blue. I thought ok I'm out of body now and I thought what to do, so I walked down to my sons room to see him. When I got close to him he was wearing his old spiderman pj's(from years ago) and he looked about 6 years younger than he does. When I got close though he started to kinda shake like almost having a fit. I felt this was because I was close to him and it worried me so I walked out to leave him.

Then I went back into the blackness of the dream(as if I had woken up but had my eyes shut)but I stayed very still again and did the same thing. I was aware I was laying on my left side and so I rocked over to the right and fell/sucked out again onto the floor. It took ruffly about 30seconds to a 1 min. This time I thought I would check the actual time and I looked at my clock which said 2:31 am. I tested my reality by closing my eyes very briefly and opening them again to re check the time(this is a reality testing method) but it actually said the same thing, 2:31. This is quite rare for me and I've only had the time stay the same maybe once or twice before in the 20yrs I've been lucid dreaming. So I tried again and this time I turned away from the clock and looked at the wall and the back at the clock but it still said the same.

Anyway then I thought I would look out the window to see how much the sun was up and just what was outside. It looked about sunrise and more about 5am/6am ish. I noticed though I could see rusted parts of cars and planes that were scattered around. I'm not sure what that meant or where that had come from, maybe I read that somewhere and it stuck in my subconscious, I'm not sure. Anyway I thought I would then go look in the mirror in my bathroom, so I walked to the bathroom and on the way all of a sudden a very tiny white light(about 5mm in size)popped out from my chest and just floated there. It surprised me and when it did this I placed my hands together in a prayer manner and said a quick thanks(so I gave thanks to God very briefly). I dunno why I did this I just did.

Then as I walked to the bathroom it followed with me and I could see its glow illuminating my chest. I looked into the mirror but I didnt really focus on myself that much. I just looked briefly to see if I was animalish or not basically. I was naked as usual lol and I had the glowing around my chest but I couldnt see the tiny light just the glowing. Then I thought I would go outside the front door and I started to walk through the door hands first. My hands went through fine up to about my elbows and then I just stopped. I couldnt walk through and then I was pushed back. This was kinda different but I did try go through the door slower than I usually would. Usually I just jump through them fast and go straight through but this time I was walking hands first to kinda test it which I dont usually do. So sometimes if you do this in lucid dreams it can stop you(I think because you think too much about it) which is why I run/jump through them.

Anyway then I found myself back in the blackness as if I had woken up and had my eyes shut but this time I felt more awake so I opened my eyes to check the time. The time said 6:11am. So in dreaming/OBE experience the time said 2:31(but the sun was up) but in real time 6:11.

Now this experience would definitely come under astral travel/obe and it did feel different to a lucid dream. I freely admit that it does feel different, I've had these experiences before and if you search for obe with my name you'll find them, but I dont rock out of my body like I did just then. Sometimes I lift myself up using something around me or I just kinda leap up or just find myself in this style of experience. So this time my exit was different and more typical(?)of obe style. But in the end they are still very similar and are so close to lucid dreaming for me to not class it technically as lucid dreaming. (imo) . So I am a firm believer in them but I dont know if they are not just experienced during REM sleep(so dreaming sleep). The experience seemed pretty much the same but not as colourful to me.

I cant believe that took me an hour to type lol.

Edited by Kazahel

I have two I posted in a previous thread:

"I had a dream once where two of my friends were sumo fighting in my computer room. I ask them what the devil they were doing and they told me 'creation of the universe'."

"Another one I've had involved a semi-truck. I was driving it down the road and it had these massive combine on the front of it, that things that collected up barley or what have you. I was collecting up zombies, and I kinda knew it was a dream cause I had no idea why I was doing this. I get up from my seat (apparently this thing had magical cruise control cause it continued all on it's own, turning and everything), there was Satan! It was the one that's all red with a trident, and he was laughing it up. 'What's going on!?' I asked. 'You're my AntiChrist!' He cried out. Then he handed me one hundred dollars. 'My paycheck?' I asked. 'You're hourly wage,' He answered. 'I'll get back in the seat,' I said happily."

Me too, I've noticed things in the sky seem to come alive more during dreams.

I had a cool lucid dream last night. It started in the city and some kid stole my wallet. I took it back and checked it and said he could leave and then straight after I realized my credit cards were gone. So I placed my hands down onto the ground and ran after him like an animal. After running for a little I went lucid and so I forgot about him and took to the sky and started flying around. Someone was flying with me because they asked why I kick my feet. I hadnt really noticed until then and I stopped doing it but it felt unnatural and like they were doing nothing. So I kicked again and said I think of it as like swimming. I know though that its better to use your mind to fly and not so much your body but I did it anyway.

The next thing I remember I'm inside a large shopping complex and I'm on the second story, I looked over the edge down to the ground floor and saw that it was all white. It looked like it went to nothing. So I lept over the edge into the white to see what would happen. I fell and kept falling and it felt like I was sky diving. I was surrounded by nothing else but white which was quite odd. After maybe 30 seconds of falling in the white it started to part with black and slight clouds. I noticed a star and the white all faded to black with more stars. When I saw the first star I focused on it and a light blue circle marker went around the star and it told me its name. I forget what it was but I think it started with a C with a weird math symbol or something next (lol like that helps) it looked like an h crossed with an f though. I tried to remember the name but I forget now because I dreamt too many dreams after and didnt write it down. It was like Chiaus or something.

Anyway then I was just falling in space surrounded by stars and everytime I focused on a star a circle would go around the star and its close group and names would appear. It was pretty cool and I thanked God for all His stars and to get to witness this. I fell for ages. Then I fell through an atmosphere and I realized I was falling into a planet. I landed in an ocean with no land as far as I could see and the ocean had very big waves. I didnt like being in the water because sometimes I find it hard to fly out of water and I was trying but then the sun shined or something and the whole ocean went golden. It was very bright and was like swimming in gold water. It was very pretty.

As I was trying to fly out of the water a large golden water spout came over me and picked me up but I dont remember anymore after that.

Some of your experiences are strikingly similar to mine.