Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weird dreams thread!

_Ghastly_

Okay, here's one:

I was in my house, and the field out back exploded. Byakuya Kuchiki from 'Bleach' came flying through the air and I caught him before he hit the ground. I ran (still carrying him) to the front of the house and we were in the woods for some reason. Then Byakuya turned into this demonic skeleton dog, so I flipped onto his back, stabbed him in the head with a really sharp stick/spear, and broke his bottom jaw off his face. Then I woke up. :)

No dream dictionary can figure that one out. XD

• Like 1

I had one last night where I dreamt I was in Fremantle near the markets and I bumped into an old friend of mine. He produced some herb and rolled it up and I had a toke. Then next thing I know it's night time and he tells me that I've been standing there for hours without moving. I thought that was very strange and then soon after another guy comes up and threatens me with a long double edged knife.

At first I was compliant and was afriad but then I think he pushed me or something because I remember falling onto my hands and knees which annoyed me. I remember growling like a tiger and it was weird because after making a long low growling sound it turned into a purring sound. I did that twice and then I grabbed the actual blade without fear of getting cut and snapped it in two. So I had the sharp end and he had the blunt end with the handle.

I then threatened him with the knife and put it to his throat and turned the whole situation around on him. I forget the rest but later in another dream I remember running on all fours in my old home town. I was running up a hill and I had large white tiger paws. I did this weird thing though where I noticed that if I ran on just my hands I ran faster.

So running on all fours was making a time of 4 4. I cant explain it well and I'm not up on musical time signature but when I ran on all fours it was like 1234 1234 1234. But when I ran on just my front paws I was faster at 12 12 12 12 12 12. Or at least it felt faster anyway. So that was weird and I cant remember anymore.

• Like 1

Last night I was a fish (I think a guppy because the other fish were all guppies) in an aquarium. The water was cool and there were pretty marbles and lots of green ferns. I swam around quite awhile.

• Like 1

Whenever I retire to bed from now on I’ll be covering up the guppy tank that’s inside my bedroom… :w00t:

Most of my recent dreams have been about death or end times and the strangest was the following:-

18.11.2013: - [Early morning- approx. 3:00 am] A vague dream about hearing a voice suggest that it was leaving the body and then I saw myself as a big ball of light which exploded into many small atoms. Next! I only saw a vast darkness which felt like outer space and I heard many thoughts or voices which appeared to be lost or unsure where to go.

Edited by Meridian O
  • Like 1

8/12/13 5:55am..

I dreampt of dying, well of seeing different characters from a vague TV program (Last episode) where everyone is killed.. It was an amusing dream, first I saw other dream characters being killed in different locations around the world, one in a large underground factory, another two in some Chinese mafia bunker? When it was my turn to be killed my killer turned out to be Keefer Sutherland who was insisting that we knew each other and that we did this dream killing all the time.. he picked up a small twig and started hitting me on the head with it.. nope, that didn't work, he threw it away, whereby it turned into a tree trunk? Then he threw a pebble that bounced off my head? It went very vague at that point, and I was somehow enticed to a bed in a garage.. then it got vaguer still and I remember laughing with my famous killer about the cheekiness of being fooled back to my bed..

At any rate, I woke and looked at the clock, 5:55am.. The Irony of those numbers coupled with dreams about death hasn't gone unnoticed.. Possible meanings for the numbers 555 represents; Highest Death.. Major change in direction.. Energy in motion.. Rebirth..

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1

I like how most dreams reported have people trying to hurt them, stab them, shoot them, hit them in the head... lol

gotta look at that now don't we!

• Like 1

Here's mine from last night. It occurred about 1 1/2 - 2 hours from falling asleep. I was first outdoors at evening time, travelling by some means (truck, camper) but I was not alone. I can't remember who was with me, but it was just the two of us and maybe a dog. Fog was getting thick so we stopped and went into a building for the evening to rest. As we were in the building I remember lying down preparing to sleep and noticing the fog was actually rolling into the building. Thick fog without being able to see into it. As it thickened, I remember hearing some kind of tinkling type music getting closer, similar to a child's toy. Whoever I was with was getting upset (also the dog I believe). More fog, music gets closer. I remember pushing my hand into the thick fog; I can no longer see my hand. I say 'leave us alone' or 'quit bothering us' or some such thing. At that point the music immediately stopped, something grabbed my wrist very firmly and I heard a deep voice whisper into my ear "we love you -------" followed by deep, demonic laughter. The demon actually used my real name! At this point I shook myself awake and the wrist/arm that had been grabbed was ice cold (although this was because I had reached out from under the blankets). This dream really shook me like no regular nightmare and it took a while to get back to sleep. Every noise I heard seemed to be something scratching on the side of the building or window. The fog in the dream I can understand, since the weather here had a few foggy days this past week. I had watched Room 237 on Netflix earlier in the day (about Kubrick's hidden meanings in the movie The Shining); although it was a horror movie I never thought it that demonic so I'm not sure why the demon was in my dream.

• Like 1

Yea I think to have good dreams you need to pay attention to your sleeping environment. Absolute darkness, not so cool you need blankets but not hot either -- so just a sheet over you, quiet, a firm bed with a soft-ish mattress, lotsa pillows to tuck here and there, no pets, and a nice long bolster to wrap around.

I wonder that Americans rarely have bolsters: the Vietnamese baby is provided one baby size almost as soon as they start sleeping on their own. They are a permanent part of life and no one is embarrassed to be hugging one all night.

I had this dream during the last week and found it very odd! It was also quite vivid, which is probably why it has stayed with me for so long after.

In the dream, I am quite clearly pregnant (not far off from popping I would guess) but am in complete denial about this fact. People I know are congratulating me and asking when I'm due, and I am getting quite annoyed and keep insisting that I'm not pregnant. These people are getting confused and asking if I'm sure and whether my boyfriend knows. I actually asked people to leave because I was getting so angry! I wonder if this is a sign of the future?

• Like 1

So I had this dream tonight...(and somehow remembered it)

I was next to the harbour/docks, with a bunch of people (all younger than me) that I've never seen. The sky darkens, and wind is picking up, a yellow coloured bird (golden oriole to be precise - yes I know birds) lands next to me, very tired. I grab my cam, change lenses (its a dslr) to take a pic, and when I assemble it, the bird takes off, only to be hit by a seagull - not on purpose - then I hear screaming, see the people running to the boat (looks like a warship, but no guns that I can make out and not that big) and see 4-6 small looking (man-size) tornadoes coming in very very fast (more like wind devils for geeks like me) and while I try to close up my cam (can't close the cap) I'm rooted to the spot, they pass me, and barely hurt me. After that, I'm in the ship with the others and kinda takeover - we're leaving for USA, (from Malta btw) and then I woke up.

• Like 1

I had this dream during the last week and found it very odd! It was also quite vivid, which is probably why it has stayed with me for so long after.

In the dream, I am quite clearly pregnant (not far off from popping I would guess) but am in complete denial about this fact. People I know are congratulating me and asking when I'm due, and I am getting quite annoyed and keep insisting that I'm not pregnant. These people are getting confused and asking if I'm sure and whether my boyfriend knows. I actually asked people to leave because I was getting so angry! I wonder if this is a sign of the future?

pregnancy in dreams does not necessarily have to be about the birth of a child, it could be talking about a big responsibility

pregnancy in dreams does not necessarily have to be about the birth of a child, it could be talking about a big responsibility

I hadn't thought of that. I used to be quite into dream interpretation and have a book or two lying around somewhere, this should've come to mind sooner. My boyfriend seems to think that it is a reflection of me being quite a private person and not wanting people to stick their noses into my business.

8/12/13 5:55am..

I dreampt of dying, well of seeing different characters from a vague TV program (Last episode) where everyone is killed.. It was an amusing dream, first I saw other dream characters being killed in different locations around the world, one in a large underground factory, another two in some Chinese mafia bunker? When it was my turn to be killed my killer turned out to be Keefer Sutherland who was insisting that we knew each other and that we did this dream killing all the time.. he picked up a small twig and started hitting me on the head with it.. nope, that didn't work, he threw it away, whereby it turned into a tree trunk? Then he threw a pebble that bounced off my head? It went very vague at that point, and I was somehow enticed to a bed in a garage.. then it got vaguer still and I remember laughing with my famous killer about the cheekiness of being fooled back to my bed..

At any rate, I woke and looked at the clock, 5:55am.. The Irony of those numbers coupled with dreams about death hasn't gone unnoticed.. Possible meanings for the numbers 555 represents; Highest Death.. Major change in direction.. Energy in motion.. Rebirth..

Regarding the 555 sequence connected with dreams…I’ve experienced similar although mine seem to occur with a god or religious overtone.

The religious information tends to baffle me as I don’t normally delve into that topic. I have minimal knowledge of all religions albeit I’ve been more brainwashed towards the Christian X-mas & Easter themes from my infant / junior years.

Anyways! I generally observe God in my dreams as an old Caucasian male with a white beard and wearing white robes…The archetypal impression of a Christian God…Could be all that influence via the television that’s rattling around inside my noggins although I have never dreamed about God looking like Morgan Freeman so maybe I shouldn’t really blame the goggle box.

Back to the 555 subject…I’ve previously dreamed about 555 as glowing numbers and linked with the word grail (555grail) in a dream which I’m totally confused about so I won’t go into that one however the dream which I remember the most was one that I had in April 2006 where-upon I awoke around the time of 5:55 am and I noted the time along with the dream which (Recently edited for a clearer understanding) is as follows:-

18.04.2006: - [5:55 am] God was showing me a jumbo jet which had its exterior painted with two males touching their index fingers towards each other. God was smiling at me as he pointed towards the picture (mimicking the action of the image) on the shell of the plane. Next! I saw a man nailed to a cross (I thought about Jesus but I felt confused because the man on the cross had dark hair and I normally dreamt of Jesus with corn coloured hair) then the sky became dark and the man with the cross was sucked up inside a grey swirling vortex.

At the time of this 2006 dream I was completely unaware that the portrait scene is actually known as the Creation of Adam. All I knew for sure was that I had seen that picture scene before during the end or opening sequence of certain movies. Hence after a search via the inter-net I discovered that the image in the dream was a fresco painting by Michelangelo done inside the Sistine Chapel. I had never even heard of the Sistine chapel before either so I guess that if it wasn’t for the dream and also the aid of modern tech I’d still be ignorant towards those two bits of info.

The dream seemed to be making me aware of something whether it be Art, religion or whatever I don’t know but what was more strange was what occurred a few weeks after the dream on the 5th of the 5th of 2006…A large bottle of chilli sauce (with a trident brand-name and symbol) fell off a high shelf and in an attempt to catch the bottle mid-fall I came a cropper when the glass broke against a cupboard where-upon I was carted off to the doctor for 5 stitches on my little pinky finger.

Yup! So the irony of the 555.

• Like 1

That's a couple of things I haven't dreamed about that I can recall, dying and being pregnant.

One thing I might comment on; if I remember a dream when I wake up, I continue to remember it. Most people tell me they forget their dreams. Are there others like me. There have been times when remembered dreams made life complicated for me -- I have many times dreamed of owning wonderful properties that I could never afford -- and a few times I've had to check myself and not talk about these wonderful properties to others.

Then again I have a dream version and a real version of most places I've been (when I know I'm going someplace I inevitably dream about it first) and many times these two versions of the place have gotten confused in my mind and I have to stop a few minutes and sort it out.

Regarding the 555 sequence connected with dreams…Could be all that influence via the television that’s rattling around inside my noggins although I have never dreamed about God looking like Morgan Freeman so maybe I shouldn’t really blame the goggle box.

Yup! So the irony of the 555.

Cool, Funnily enough, Morgan Freeman was somewhere in my dream, I wrote his name at least so he must have been there somewhere, perhaps as a concept or character I was pushing to remember..

I've recently reminded myself to write down the time I woke when reporting dreams.. This has kind of re-awakened that whole 1:11, 11:11, 10:10, 5:55 numerology sequence and added a deeper level of hidden interpretations with dreams and their level of importance or significance..

Normally I've looked at threads that question and claim these kinds of things with a deep streak of skepticism. recent events have shown me that there is definitely something in it, though I still wouldn't claim to understand any of it. lol..

That 555grail sounds fascinating.. It's definitely a signpost I would follow.

A quick Google search tells me it could signify that a great change is about to occur in your life.. & seen as this happened back in 2006, maybe you can tell us if this was the case? Was this dream followed by a big change if your life? big as in a complete change in direction or new energy?

Edited to add: Another interpretation is that these numbers are called to you because you have chosen to change your inner beliefs or desire to change your life.

Edited by Professor T

2006 was the year “before” my big altering life change which happened in 2007…Kind of like the calm before the storm.

If only I had a pair of those rose coloured glasses because I would have preferred to have spent the last six years of my life in La! La! Land rather than experiencing what actually happened…Much turmoil!

132…Coincides with actual deaths regarding my blood-kin.

11.11…Along with crocodiles in a dream is a death warning…Without the beast I dream about spirit visitations.

555…Connects me to the Godly dreams.

333…In my dreams indicate unexplained phenomena.

Edited by Meridian O
  • Like 1

I like how most dreams reported have people trying to hurt them, stab them, shoot them, hit them in the head... lol

gotta look at that now don't we!

:D

A sidebar music exploration on youtube has dragged me back to this comment..

These specific Lyrics provoke some interesting thoughts...

I think it's kinda funny,

I think it's kinda sad,

that the dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had.

14.12.2013: - (Many broken dreams which I forgot except for a snippet of a voice that I heard inside a fog / without images. The voice was male and it stated “Team up Ethel Birdman with Shatner.” I had the impression that I was listening to a conversation of someone who’s involved with movies.

I’ve never heard of the Ethel Birdman name before so that’s odd for me to dream about and the Shatner name could be the reason why I assumed it had something to do with a movie.

Edited by Meridian O

I began my dream in meditation. It wasn't vivid but there were definate noticable forms, characters, activity and color. It was very comic bookish - bright colored uniforms on the characters, symbols on thier chests, there was flying and the manipulation of light and energy. For a brief time I tried to control some of it and I remember the formation of orbs... I was reminded of White Crane Feather, in one of his blogs he complained that his astral travel experience was too hollywood, I didnt understand what he meant but now I do. I didnt like how it seemed like a cartoony comicbook episode... anyway I fell asleep. I didnt record my dream or meditation so I forgot most of it. I need to start doing that! But there was a very vivid and key part to my dream. In my dream I was watching tv, or rather my dream was going back and forth from being a dream I was participating in, to something I was just observing. The dream had something to do with a man who was on a gurny. As I am watching him, he is in the distance, his story is fake, but his mothers hands come into my realm and begin massaging my legs and feet. I could not see her hands but I could feel them very well. Her touch was completely vivid but I could not see anything at all.

On the first of this month I broke my toe and have had to keep my leg raised. The night before last I had a dream that a female spirit in a story I was writing, communicated with me and told me she was real. In the story she is incorporated into a myth which sees her as a mother figure and a healer. Also i had to borrow money from my real mother because I am self employed and had to take six days off of work in the last two weeks which really sucks. The money I borrowed was to help pay for my doctors visit that I was going to when I woke up in the morning... so it could be seen as my real mother is helping to heal me both by caring about my recovery but also in helping to aid me in doing so... so all the theme work makes sense.

I also want to mention that I have felt hands like these before while in meditation and not asleep. It is as if invisible hands come out of the spirit realm but you can feel them just as much as you can feel the hands of another person who is touching you. What I experienced in the dream was the same as in the meditation experience, except for this time they were massaging my legs and feet as apposed to grabbing and holding my hands.

Edited by SpiritWriter

Also, I just thought of this... when I was young, spirit hands choked me in front of my mother and she could actually see the hand print on my neck. She said: I looks like someones choking you, and indeed it felt like it too. Later I tried to talk to her about it but she acted like she had no idea what I was talking about, selective memory I guess :-/. I was about 14 or 15 at the time.

Edited by SpiritWriter

• 1 month later...

Long lucid dreams last night. Too long to remember them clearly, I only remember parts. I think it started with me calling the name Yaldabaoth. I called the name many times in different ways while flying around a park. Then I remember meeting a lady who had one red nipple and one green nipple but I dont remember much about that. I then remember being in a shop with three friends who I thought of as angels and I was testing limits and impossible actions. Doing things like flying through walls while carrying a lady and teaching her about it. I was teaching her about doubt and not to lose it when going through a wall or the wall goes solid.

I also sat down and was going to test a limit again by cutting off my fingers on my left hand. I grabbed a knife and was holding it over my fingers and they were in shock that I was going to do it. I told them I had cut my hand off once(and I remembered the scene of it) even though I don't remember ever writing that down. I knew it was going to be a mind **** and for a moment I thought how it might get gory if I hit bone and it takes a few cuts. When I thought that I knew it might not be too easy because I had placed doubt in my mind. So I decided not to try that yet because most likely it wouldve been more solid like a wall with doubt.

Then I had a lady with her two plain clothes security guards come up to me as if to threaten me and make a deal of some sort. I found it amusing and lifed the first one off the ground with my right hand and then the other using only one finger(my middle finger) placed under his chin. So it was like I was basically laughing at them.I think the lady then ran off and I remember chasing her through the shops by running like an animal. I couldnt grip the floor though because it was slippery tile and I had long claws/nails. So I started to fly after her instead with wings like a bat. I forget what happened after that.

I forget most of the dreams. I woke up after one but stayed still and went back into another lucid and they joined together. The last thing I remember was being outside in the city with the people I had been testing things with and I told them I'm flying home now. I flew into the sky over the ocean but then remembered I wanted to go to the deepest parts of the ocean so I dove into the water and flew down as deep as I could go through murky water. Then I saw what looked like dark clouds parting and sky and I flew through it and was flying above the city again right above where I had dove in. So I did a fly by the people who watched me fly into the water as if I had played a trick on them and then I kept flying into the sky and woke up.

Edited by Kazahel

I had a dream that I had birds and baby mice in my pockets and on my shoulders and in my hands etc. I kept checking to make sure they weren't dead, they didn't seem very healthy after being in my pocket for too long but none of them died. One of them did escape though and left turds in my pocket...

I have had a few dreams. I'll start with the first one.

I was outside with a family member, we were sitting on the grass, just watching the stars. Well, all of a sudden, I saw this sign, it said "Red's doing us a favor by taking out the trash", all in red letters. Then it zoomed off.

The next one was I was pregnant and started miscarrying. I have no clues for that one.

The last one, I was introducing my children to my friends and family.

• Like 1

On the 17th I dreamt I was returning to my apartment, which happened to be in set off a wide hallway reminiscent of my old high school. As I was walking the lights in the hall went out, that freaked me out a bit, I've always had a bit of a phobia about that, and have recently learned why.. In the dream I placed my back against the wall, and looked about through the gloom..

I went into my apartment, reached over and flicked the light on.. There was a flash, the light had blown (gone out) again, this freaked me out... It was then that I saw my family, a Sister, and younger brother. My sister was unhappy with me, and looked at me with a look of dread.. "I saw it" she said.. "It came in with you." Things were somehow different in the dream, the same, and yet somehow different, gloomier, darker.. Which is kind of odd because none of it was familiar. I can't put my finger on it.... Anyway, my sister said "It was a demon, you were told not to go there!" ...........My response to that was anger with myself, then vindication is saying "But I didn't drink at the pub?"

I sat down and started playing with my little brother.. In the dream I was, young, perhaps in my mid teens. My brother looked different, dark skinned, there was an unfamiliarity about everything, everything seemed out of place, gloomy.. My brother was acting odd, there came to be some vagueness, me, the dream brother & dream sister cowered in a shower.. Then we were in the kitchen, turning on the gloomy lights..

Later a mother figure arrived.. he was drunk, and was holding a large bottle of beer that aparently she'd found and now offered a bottle to my sister.. It was all, again, out of character.. I guess the dream characters, (Who I;ve never met before) were all out of character.. In the dream I blamed that on this demon that came in with me...

Woke..

Very weird dream this.. Themes were all new and unusual, except for the light's going out..