Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weird dreams thread!

_Ghastly_

Long lucid dreams last night. Too long to remember them clearly, I only remember parts. I think it started with me calling the name Yaldabaoth. I called the name many times in different ways while flying around a park. Then I remember meeting a lady who had one red nipple and one green nipple but I dont remember much about that. I then remember being in a shop with three friends who I thought of as angels and I was testing limits and impossible actions. Doing things like flying through walls while carrying a lady and teaching her about it. I was teaching her about doubt and not to lose it when going through a wall or the wall goes solid.

I also sat down and was going to test a limit again by cutting off my fingers on my left hand. I grabbed a knife and was holding it over my fingers and they were in shock that I was going to do it. I told them I had cut my hand off once(and I remembered the scene of it) even though I don't remember ever writing that down. I knew it was going to be a mind **** and for a moment I thought how it might get gory if I hit bone and it takes a few cuts. When I thought that I knew it might not be too easy because I had placed doubt in my mind. So I decided not to try that yet because most likely it wouldve been more solid like a wall with doubt.

Then I had a lady with her two plain clothes security guards come up to me as if to threaten me and make a deal of some sort. I found it amusing and lifed the first one off the ground with my right hand and then the other using only one finger(my middle finger) placed under his chin. So it was like I was basically laughing at them.I think the lady then ran off and I remember chasing her through the shops by running like an animal. I couldnt grip the floor though because it was slippery tile and I had long claws/nails. So I started to fly after her instead with wings like a bat. I forget what happened after that.

I forget most of the dreams. I woke up after one but stayed still and went back into another lucid and they joined together. The last thing I remember was being outside in the city with the people I had been testing things with and I told them I'm flying home now. I flew into the sky over the ocean but then remembered I wanted to go to the deepest parts of the ocean so I dove into the water and flew down as deep as I could go through murky water. Then I saw what looked like dark clouds parting and sky and I flew through it and was flying above the city again right above where I had dove in. So I did a fly by the people who watched me fly into the water as if I had played a trick on them and then I kept flying into the sky and woke up.

http://news.ninemsn....s-middle-finger

Did someone.. steal my idea or what!? lol

I had a dream as a kid that I still remember. I was eight or nine at the time of this dream. I was wandering through an old pyramid somewhere and the spider webs were the size of steel cables as big around as cola bottle caps. Then something grabs me from behind and I suddenly find myself in my bed room standing next to my body, which was asleep in bed. As I looked down at myself I realized there was a spider ( jumping wolf spider type) just crawling out of my mouth so I reached down and slapped it. And I woke up because I had punched myself in the mouth. then I looked up at the wall and there was a spider on that wall that was big enough to cover the entire wall, of course as a kid I screamed in terror and woke the house it was only later after I was calmed down that I noticed the dead spider on my hand of the same type as I saw crawling out of my mouth in the dream.

I still do not like spiders because of that night

• Like 2

21.01.2014:- A dream about my husband offering me a potted plant where-upon I complained that I didn’t want any more trees to plant out and then my husband replied, But this one cures cancer. I looked closer at the small bush and I noticed that it had dark-green needle like leaves similar to a conifer tree however the bush also had red berries...I guess that it was a yew tree.

I had a dream last night that I was in the back row of a church and it was dimly lit, i was holding a piece of paper of something that I had tried to prepare to share for the congregation. I stood to share it and I began reading it but I couldn't read my own writing. I moved into better light but I could still not make sense of it. I knew that I had something to share and I had spent time creating the document but all my words were running up the sides of the paper and I could make the sentences fit enough to make sense. I had to sit back down without really sharing anything at all and somewhat looking like a fool.

I think the meaning of this dream is somewhat obvious.

A strange few days of dreams…Yesterday (27th) I had a dream where I was bitten on the forehead (3rd eye) by a black and white bandy snake.

Normally when I dream about snakes they are usually brown and I often kill them.

Today I had a series of weird dreams but in the final dream I saw a handsome looking man with blonde hair and he was wearing (from the neck down) a type of Hellenistic robe that was lime-green in colour. The man smiled at me and he said, Hello Princess.

• Like 1

Had a lucid dream about snakes last night (I hate snakes). I was driving some kind of electric 4 wheeler through a ruined city. Everything overgrown. For some reason I had to get to a mall. Something/someone was in there that I had to retrieve. I found her (a little girl) as we started to leave, all theses snakes came from out of everything, the snakes started to attack and I work up.

Fell back asleep a few minutes later and found myself in an abandoned beach resort. Ended up just wandering around the place. Clouded sky's, ash, and sand everywhere. I remember the rusted out cars. I felt like I was the last person on earth.

• Like 1

dream #1

My mom and her partner where in my house sitting on the couch and my daughter was around to horsing around. I was getting ready for something and would put on my socks and then later my socks would be off and I would have to put them on again but thats not really the interesting part. Suddenly the door opens and a huge seal comes in, it is wet and shiny and smells like the sea. My family can see that the door was open but they could not see the seal and although I was watching it, I did not say anything because I knew they couldn't see it. It was very real and solid, it came up to me and slightly rubbed against me, the thing was huge and I could really actually smell it. It didn't stay for long. As it was exiting the house, my mom said: Did you see that! she said it in a very excited way. I was waiting for her to say she saw the seal but instead she saw a (very small) quick black whisp going out the door, she shrugged it off as if it was nothing.

the seal looked like this one which is a "brown fur seal"

nzfurseal15.jpg

NEW DREAM

dream #2

I knew I was dreaming and was given like a practice ground for lucid dreaming, I was able to fly a little but not a lot, I did come crashing down once. The most significant thing was that I was running around, knowing I was in a dream and trying to pretend like my foot didn't hurt (my foot is currently broken and I cannot walk on it). I knew I was in a dream, and I knew it was my mind telling my I couldn't walk on my foot, because in a dream we should be able to walk and run just as if we had no injuries correct? Well I was unsuccessful and being able to not take my injury with me on my adventure, or in my practice arena.... it is also note worthy that the signage on a gas station I was near was very obscured, the letters resembled a gas station I had seen before but they were not placed properly, some letters were hanging crookedly, some were small, some were large, some where closer, some where farther away and the word it spelled made no sense. Knowing I was in a dream I was disappointed in my own self that my mind could not create a proper sign for the gas station...

interpretations are welcome on this one if you'd like... I kind of get number two, but if anyone is inclined to give their perspective that would be great. :)

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

Had a lucid dream about snakes last night (I hate snakes). I was driving some kind of electric 4 wheeler through a ruined city. Everything overgrown. For some reason I had to get to a mall. Something/someone was in there that I had to retrieve. I found her (a little girl) as we started to leave, all theses snakes came from out of everything, the snakes started to attack and I work up.

Fell back asleep a few minutes later and found myself in an abandoned beach resort. Ended up just wandering around the place. Clouded sky's, ash, and sand everywhere. I remember the rusted out cars. I felt like I was the last person on earth.

Re/ my snake dream a few days ago there was also scenery with water…I recall looking down at the water’s edge and observing a sloping embankment of stones however I wasn’t sure if the small wall was part of a fresh water reservoir or a sea wall…I also noticed what looked like sandy coloured soil with water-grass and lots of drift wood plus rubbish clogging up the area…Flowing into the large body of water was a river which had its banks linked by a broken (arched) bridge. On the opposite side of the river bank there was a lone male with fair hair who looked to be in his 20’s…On the same area where I was wandering there was an unknown male with dark hair who was tall, about six foot in height and I sensed that he was a more mature person who was possibly around the age of 40 – 50…What I noticed about the two men was that the younger male appeared to be more concerned about survival than what the older man did. The elder of the two had a nonchalant attitude and even though he was fully aware of certain dangers he couldn’t have cared less.

I dreamt I was going to sleep with a lady who was incharge of a spying agency. But whenever we would, she would be interrupted, even while naked. So none of her employees cared because it was her job and could not be stopped for anything. That fell through because she had to do something important. Because I was naked I met one of her younger assistants but didnt get to.. finish that off either. Something kept stopping us being able to go that far.

Anyway then I dreamt I was in Greece in Athens(I guess) which was as if back in ancient times. I was with my family and we watched two people running over the top of the Parthenon which was near the edge of a river though. They both ran in unison and lept off the top and then dove into the water. It was a very high jump and we said how it took courage to jump like that or something. I remember looking from the top when they hit the water and thinking it was really high and could potentially kill you. Everyone near would watch the people leap off the Parthenon and it was something I think only the males did every now and then.

Next thing I decided to try it too and I ran along the top and lept off and started to go into dive position. I was placing my hands to break the water because I knew it might break my neck but right before I hit the water I knew I was dreaming so I flew and skimmed the surface of the river. In the river there looked like people/spirits swimming/living under the surface. Anyway I skimmed the top and flew up into the sky and then flew around for a little.

I landed in the city and floated around lightly for a bit but I forget most of what happened after that. I do remember hanging out with an Angel or a God of some sort. I forget the name now but it was something beginning with K.

• Like 1

I had a dream twice, I remember it well.

Here's the dream

I have an exam the next morning, and it's 2 AM, I am underprepared for this exam, lose all hope, I give up and go to sleep, I wake up and find that the time is 12 AM, I try to study, give up, and sleep again, It's 10 PM! I realize what's going on, so keep doing this again and again and again but I don't study, every time I sleep, I wake up the next moment to find that the time is going backwards by 2 hours.

About a year later I had another dream

In this dream, I'm in the same situation, but I don't know if what happened in the first dream was a dream or not, so I goto sleep and it turns out it wasn't a dream, only it was a dream (in reality), at first it doesn't seem to work, but then It happens the second time I goto sleep, and I'm so relieved.

also I once had two dreams on the same night, In the second dream, I was describing my first dream to a friend.

Edited by John Mirra
  • Like 2

I had a really long lucid dream in a lucid dreaming landscape made for and used by other lucid dreamers. It was a very lush large green landscape with waterfalls and mountains. They had a huge mansion with many rooms and some of us went flying. I took my son flying with me and we flew up to the highest point and then free fell. It was very fast and fun. I rememeber landing in the water.

I was flying probably the best I have ever flown and I was very light. Some in the mansion asked what I like to do in dreams and I said I like to make hurricanes and to see if things I change in the dream world come into the real world. I asked them to help me make one and we flew up into the sky and I started to fly in a circle. They joined in and the wind picked up and we created a storm. It was odd this part because I woke up slightly because I was aware that I was laying on my back in bed but I was hearing thunder outside. Though I'm pretty sure there wasnt a storm last night(its summer here). So it was like I woke up enough but still heard the sounds from the dream.

Anyway I went back into the same lucid dream and it was very long. After making the storm I found myself constantly flying in the same circling way. Even when I was trying to just stop and talk with one of the dream characters I would be flying in a circle. Anyway I then decided to make it snow and I flew up into the sky and while flying in a circle I thought about snow and it started to snow. Soon after the whole green lush landscape was fully snow covered. Then soon after the snow turned to rain and I was flying in a circle in the rain. The rain felt warm and I liked that the best. I rememeber thinking that I was the wind and I was very happy. I felt so light and free.

There was another part where I was flying with my son following and we dove down to the lowest part of the area and there was a wooden door. I opened it and flew in but there was a burning fire demon face that took up most of the inside of the door. I turned around quickly because it felt like something not to fly into and was dangerous but because my son was following he flew straight into it. So I turned around straight away and flew into the fire as well and punched the face. Everything went white and I think I woke up and was aware I was laying on my back again in bed but I went straight back into the same dream again.

This time I was floating around the mansion with my legs crossed as like a yoga position. I was doing it half as a joke because I was lucid dreaming the best out of the other lucid dreamers. For some reason they couldnt fly through walls and I could. So I was kind of teasing by floating around with my legs crossed. Even then though I was still circling. I was also shooting grey webs out of my wrist for fun and using them to collect things around me. Eventually I was speaking with a lady who took me to one of her favorite places at night. We flew together and as we got close I asked if this was Hong Kong and she said it was and we flew to a restaurant on the water. We sat down and ate shrimp together.

Anyway it was a very long lucid dream and felt like all night. I was aware I had been laying in the same position for ages. I also think the circling was odd. Almost like when you stir a bucket of water and it keeps moving that direction after you stop.

Edited by Kazahel

I usually don't post here, because I would post all kinds of things everyday. But this morning for some reason I was following this cow in my truck.. Some cars up ahead of us scared him and he stampeded back my way. He jumped on the hood of my car over my cab into the bed of the truck where my rack trapped him like a cage. In the excitement I had placed my left foot down hard and turned to look while accidentally knocking the truck into reverse. The car accelerated backwards. My mind wet blank on how to stop it and we were headed for a cliff. Just before we got to it I opened my door and dove out. The funny part and why I decided to post it is because I actually dove and rolled off my bed. Luckily my wife had gotten up early to go for a run. I got back into bed sheepishly and went back to dreaming of other things.

I was less fortunate with this morning’s dreams…My husband woke me from a dream that I’ve been wanting to have ever since I lost my youngest daughter last year.

For months I’ve been hoping to experience a dream about my daughter…It would have been nice to see J’s beautiful smile again and just have some interaction with her even if it’s just in a dream world scenario.

Anyhow! This morning it happened however my daughter appeared in a hospital morgue setting and she seemed to be in shock…Almost like a zombie trying to understand her present situation but not able to move much or comprehend and communicate properly…I try to seek help for my daughter from a nurse who appears to be dressed like a Matron from the 1940’s however the nurse isn’t too clued in about the situation either so before I can get back to my daughter…My husband woke me.

I returned to sleep soon after my early awakening and I find myself with an unknown person (a male about 5ft tall and wearing light blue clothes) who’s attempting to communicate with me however this person is suddenly eliminated from my dream by a tall dark man who suddenly walks into my dream and he generates a ball of stringy electricity from his hands and he zaps the small guy on his head…The shock of seeing my dream character being removed this way awoke me again.

I was less fortunate with this morning’s dreams…My husband woke me from a dream that I’ve been wanting to have ever since I lost my youngest daughter last year.

For months I’ve been hoping to experience a dream about my daughter…It would have been nice to see J’s beautiful smile again and just have some interaction with her even if it’s just in a dream world scenario.

Anyhow! This morning it happened however my daughter appeared in a hospital morgue setting and she seemed to be in shock…Almost like a zombie trying to understand her present situation but not able to move much or comprehend and communicate properly…I try to seek help for my daughter from a nurse who appears to be dressed like a Matron from the 1940’s however the nurse isn’t too clued in about the situation either so before I can get back to my daughter…My husband woke me.

I returned to sleep soon after my early awakening and I find myself with an unknown person (a male about 5ft tall and wearing light blue clothes) who’s attempting to communicate with me however this person is suddenly eliminated from my dream by a tall dark man who suddenly walks into my dream and he generates a ball of stringy electricity from his hands and he zaps the small guy on his head…The shock of seeing my dream character being removed this way awoke me again.

:(

Hang in there. There are lots of internal conflicts rageing in you right now for obvious reasons. My heart goes out to you.

Edited by White Crane Feather

So my husband, who i am separated with, is going through a really hard time right now. I was speaking to him last night and he was telling me about a dream he had. While he was telling me I was having flashes as though I had been there. As he is telling me his dream he goes on to say, "then a little dark hair girl came up to me kissed me on the cheek and told me to wake up, he asked who she was and she said she couldnt tell him but that he had helped her and she was there trying to repay the favor" as he was saying this I knew the little girl was me...I knew what he was going to say before he said it...it was me as a child. After I got off the phone with him I texted him and told him I thought it was me and sent a picture. He said he didn't know it was me but as he was telling me the dream he realized it was. Anyway to get on with it, as I said he has been going through a hard time and I have been trying to figure out ways to help him from afar, being we are separated. So the other night as I was going to bed i was trying to send him good energy, energy that helped him feel cared for, loved, not so alone. I imagined swaddling his soul, his infant self, and just holding and rocking him. I am pretty sure this was the same night he had the dream. Wondering if there could be a real correlation between these events? Curious if anyone else out there has even known or remember or felt the emotions of being in someone else's dream? Though he remembers it as a dream, the feeling I have regarding it is that I was there and not dreaming at all, almost like it was natural for my soul to be in communication with him that way even though i am not a child at all but I was there as my child self doesn't seem abnormal at all to me. What does seem weird to me after having this experience is being back in my everyday life, in this body...this whole day I have had an upset stomach and an almost strange anxiety about me that this is not the way things are supposed to be, us (me) stuck here on earth in these(this) bodies....I almost feel trapped, like him telling me his dream gave me a quick glimpse of real reality...or beyond this earthly reality. Not sure if this makes any sense to anyone or if it is completely ludicrous.

would love to hear peoples thoughts, explanations, and read any comments regarding my experience.

• Like 1

So my husband, who i am separated with, is going through a really hard time right now. I was speaking to him last night and he was telling me about a dream he had. While he was telling me I was having flashes as though I had been there. As he is telling me his dream he goes on to say, "then a little dark hair girl came up to me kissed me on the cheek and told me to wake up, he asked who she was and she said she couldnt tell him but that he had helped her and she was there trying to repay the favor" as he was saying this I knew the little girl was me...I knew what he was going to say before he said it...it was me as a child. After I got off the phone with him I texted him and told him I thought it was me and sent a picture. He said he didn't know it was me but as he was telling me the dream he realized it was. Anyway to get on with it, as I said he has been going through a hard time and I have been trying to figure out ways to help him from afar, being we are separated. So the other night as I was going to bed i was trying to send him good energy, energy that helped him feel cared for, loved, not so alone. I imagined swaddling his soul, his infant self, and just holding and rocking him. I am pretty sure this was the same night he had the dream. Wondering if there could be a real correlation between these events? Curious if anyone else out there has even known or remember or felt the emotions of being in someone else's dream? Though he remembers it as a dream, the feeling I have regarding it is that I was there and not dreaming at all, almost like it was natural for my soul to be in communication with him that way even though i am not a child at all but I was there as my child self doesn't seem abnormal at all to me. What does seem weird to me after having this experience is being back in my everyday life, in this body...this whole day I have had an upset stomach and an almost strange anxiety about me that this is not the way things are supposed to be, us (me) stuck here on earth in these(this) bodies....I almost feel trapped, like him telling me his dream gave me a quick glimpse of real reality...or beyond this earthly reality. Not sure if this makes any sense to anyone or if it is completely ludicrous.

would love to hear peoples thoughts, explanations, and read any comments regarding my experience.

We do have psychic energy that connects us to one another. This can exist in dreams and also in the way you described as "sending energy". It is normal with a lot of that activity you can feel drained, spiritually fatigued, on edge etc.. similar to anxiety. Drinking peppermint or chamomile tea may take the edge off but I think spiritually you can do something about the offset and severity of your emotions, I just dont know exactly what that would look like for you but it sounds like you need a recharge. This happened to me before and a good cry did the trick. I'd personally recommend going out into nature, meditation, some kind of renewal ceremony for yourself... good luck, I know that feeling, it can last for longer than wanted and its awful. I will pray for you tonight also...

You do make sense btw...

• Like 2

Has anyone ever been able to read something -- anything -- a book, poster, inscription, etc., while in a dream. I have been experimenting with this -- trying to read things and I always fail. Inscriptions are always in some sort of runic-looking writing and books can't be opened and posters are just pictures and color. I have enough lucidity to be able to manipulate the dream into such situations, but apparently not enough to be able to make out writing of any sort, even when I go to sleep telling myself I am going to read a message that says something specific.

• Like 1

Has anyone ever been able to read something -- anything -- a book, poster, inscription, etc., while in a dream. I have been experimenting with this -- trying to read things and I always fail. Inscriptions are always in some sort of runic-looking writing and books can't be opened and posters are just pictures and color. I have enough lucidity to be able to manipulate the dream into such situations, but apparently not enough to be able to make out writing of any sort, even when I go to sleep telling myself I am going to read a message that says something specific.

I have had dreams of both being to read something clearly and not being able to read something at all even though I am looking at a poster consisting of letters.

• Like 1

We do have psychic energy that connects us to one another. This can exist in dreams and also in the way you described as "sending energy". It is normal with a lot of that activity you can feel drained, spiritually fatigued, on edge etc.. similar to anxiety. Drinking peppermint or chamomile tea may take the edge off but I think spiritually you can do something about the offset and severity of your emotions, I just dont know exactly what that would look like for you but it sounds like you need a recharge. This happened to me before and a good cry did the trick. I'd personally recommend going out into nature, meditation, some kind of renewal ceremony for yourself... good luck, I know that feeling, it can last for longer than wanted and its awful. I will pray for you tonight also...

You do make sense btw...

Thank you for replying, I am glad it made sense to somebody! never experienced anything like this before...im not sure i need to cry but I definitely feel incredibly drained, almost like remembering stole all my energy and now Im in an aging body again. Its strange. Thank you for your prayers and I think I will definitely look into a renewal ceremony, sounds like that is exactly what i need!

• Like 1

I’ve had words appear in my dreams in different ways and I tend to recall around two or three written words a dream…On very rare occasions I’ve recalled a full sentence.

One of the longest things that I’ve read in a dream is as follows:-

16.07.2008: - A repeating dream about a UFO, a contract that wasn’t signed, the threat of an alien invasion and then just before I awoke I received the image of some words (in white light) that read as Donna-State-New Jersey-1947.

Some words in dreams have been Fore and Sir-names of people who I’ve never known…In one dream I read a name from the front of a white Folder and that was Diane Keith…Another name was Wayne Green and that came via illuminated words which appeared as one letter at a time upon the palm of my hand.

I’ve also had failed attempts at reading things where I’ve only recalled the scrambled words.

I’ve experienced a few dreams where I remember reading something but I can’t recall exactly what I read but I remember the topic of the literature and maybe seeing a picture or a vision in the mix…I experienced something similar when I was reading a scroll about the end times and then I was suddenly hit with a vision about a space object.

I’ve observed newspapers in dreams although I usually see them being read by others…In one such dream I saw the front page of a newspaper which had a picture of the planet Earth with zig zag lines around the polar regions and the headline was The World – Shattered.

Signs in dreams…I’ve recognised a Pepsi Cola sign which I observed in an unknown place where the street signs were unreadable to me because they appeared with a foreign Arabic looking script…Another foreign sign once appeared in a dream about an alien invasion and then the appearance of big red round sign which stated Rzaz Cmog.

I’ve been given books in dreams (which is strange because I don’t normally read books in my conscious life) and I generally know what the books are about because they are explained to me via another dream character…Up to date I’ve been given an Angel Book and also a Grimoire although I have also read a book title in a dream called The Bronx.

Cheques with numbers in dreams are easier to remember than words although I usually have problems when trying to recall telephone numbers.

Regarding manipulating a dream…That’s something that I can’t really do. I’ve only had a few dreams where I’ve realised that I was dreaming within the dream so I’ve purposely walked through a closed door etc. but it’s not something that I can plan to do prior to sleep...So no advice from me with that.

On the 17th of last month I found myself reading an e-mail in a dream. Though the content seemed to be normal enough (details about some antique Georgian wing-back chairs) the actual words were some crazy form of avatar-like pictogram.. The words I used to describe what I saw in my journal were " Part of the title was in squares and the words were in the form of teenage mutant ninja turtles.___forum___Spam___Avatars"......... Anyhow, the details of the email were very normal, the concepts were English and understandable, yet the actual content of the information didn't seem to fit what was being seen, the e-mail was at first printed on paper, then viewed through a tablet-like device, then on a television, the backing away from the television into 3-d world, the e-mail was I suppose, morphing from concept to form..

I've always thought that it was impossible to read in dreams, but it turns out that you can, though I don't know if you can call it reading.. You see with your eyes, but perceive with your mind.. When you are dreaming, I doubt the same laws apply.. Dunno really, I guess in dreams you see with your minds eye, and perception is at multiple levels of depth when it comes to dreams.

I just had a dream where I relived an incident in a basement of somone being convicted of murder. He was being held against his will. I was seeing through his eyes. I/he was thrown on the ground, then kicked in the stomache. I was blind folded and tied up, but the ropes were tied haphazardly. I was able to rush the guy that kicked me. I heard the knife clatter to the floor. I grabbed it and went berserk and my ropes and blind fold came off whike I slashed and stabbed at anything moveing near me in this dark basement. I realized the knife was ment for me, but I had one chance. When it was over I stumbled up the stairs.

Then I was back being convicted of murder because the four attackers were associated with police officers. I woke up after feeling a a wave of despair.

Got to love dreams. That one was particularly unpleasant.

Edited by White Crane Feather

I've been working at it hard enough to be persuaded that I can't read in dreams, and so of course I doubt anyone can. It's not worth the trouble to me though to research it beyond a search engine where I got nothing.