Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weird dreams thread!

_Ghastly_

I've had a dream that has stayed with me many years, and every so often it resurfaces on it's own. There is this enormous tidal wave that comes in and covers everything, and I soon find myself with eyes open under water where I'm watching everyone and everything dying before me and I can't do anything to help anyone, all I can do is watch.

Another one I would have occasionally was watching this huge glowing object coming down from above and landing in the middle of a football stadium--there was no game going on--but people started running in all different directions out of fear.

I've also heard some beautiful music in my dreams. I find myself in the morning humming the tune I heard, so as not to forget, or pick up an instrument to help me remember. On one occasion I was singing a song I never heard before, and was able to remember the words and the tune when I awoke.

Edited by NiteMarcher

I have a dream where there is even a hint of a tidal wave, let alone being underwater and seeing people drown, and I am going to wake up. You can train yourself to do that when the dream goes awry and I guess my subconscious has learned since I never have scary dreams any more.

I've been working at it hard enough to be persuaded that I can't read in dreams, and so of course I doubt anyone can. It's not worth the trouble to me though to research it beyond a search engine where I got nothing.

You can read in dreams, its a common reality testing method. You read something and then look away and read it again, if it reads the same you know you are not dreaming. In dreams when you read something a second time it almost always changes. It will be blurry or will just say something different. Rarely I have found though that it can read the same which can be confusing when you already know you're dreaming and are using that method as a way to double check. I think in these cases it might be because you're focusing and thinking more of what was written, so I guess you recreate it, I'm not sure. But the majority of the time it reads different.

I cant remember really trying to read much more than a sentence though. I only really use it as a quick reality test.

So my very close friend died in August, and recently I had a dream about him; about Monday morning, by my recollection.

We were in my friend's basement where we used to hang out. Nothing out of the ordinary. I was in the bathroom washing my hands, exit out, and see him standing there in a black suit. He looks at me and says hello, and tells me he's leaving. So I ask him if he has time for a quick cigarette before he goes, and he says sure. I grab him by the shoulder, and say "Okay, buddy", and tears start welling because, obviously, he's dead and I hadn't seen him. Then my alarm wakes me up.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Drayno

somewhere in your subconscious you needed to say goodbye so you did in a dream. just a suggestion.

Last night.

Took a friend fishing

Went camping with some friends

We decided to stay longer but then realized we all had work

Stopped by Davis ca on the way back, I got mugged by this clean cut Asian kid while my wife and I were looking for a good place to eat.

I moved toward him a little bit and thought of performing a weapons strip, but I remembered the things I teach my students. To never fight over material things. He had a small handgun I gave him my wallet. I almost talked him into letting me keep my I'd.

He jumped in a van with an old fat white guy in it. On the van it said "MC MASTERS" It was like a DJ van or something. I got their license plate but I can't remember all of it 4FHYLR ... I think.

Then I spent to rest of the dream on the phone with this quirky police officer. There was somone sick in the background, I could hear their coughing. The strange part is that he only responded to my words he did not ask me anything. He would go quiet then I would say are you still there, he would say "yes I'm still here" then go quiet again.

The reason I posted today ( I have massive dreams every night) is because I was nearly awake and lucid now. My eyes were open, then I said "are you still there" out loud. And he said as plain as if I were talking to him In the room " Yes .... I'm always here."

It startled me a little at how clear his voice was when I thought I was already awake.

Anyway. The dreams were not that strange, I live through all kinds of stuff every night, but the end of that one caught me by surprise.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

I was a leader on a planet that was invaded by some sort of alien machines. It was a harrowing night of fighting with these things. Much like war of the worlds. Only the machines resembled Star Wars walkers. I discovered a weakness and was able to lead our planet to victory.

Fast forward a few years and probably the second half of the night I was training groups of travelers that were to be disperse throughout the galaxy in crio ships with knowledge to train to teach other races on different planets how to defeat them so they could not arm anyone else.

Sounds cool right? It's not. It's a bit of fun, but it takes me an hour of laying in bed every morning just process through all these knew memories. I swear its going to give me altimerze or something. How much memory space do i even have in my head anyway?. I'm not even going to try to write them down anymore. Just quick synapses.

I did go to a little pub in my mind where there appears to be metaphysical entities that help me through it. A retreat I guess from these massive plots that develop in my head. They always give me a margarita and a burger.

Hopefully they can keep me from writing to you all from the looney bin some day.

• Like 3

Sorry for butchering my posts, I just type on this dam iPhone with no regard for proper anything.

I was a leader on a planet that was invaded by some sort of alien machines. It was a harrowing night of fighting with these things. Much like war of the worlds.

Funny that.. I had a War of the Worlds type dream lately that's been on my mind a lot, though the Dream was directed toward insight... I've posted it in the Insight Thread.

Yesterday I dreampt I was in space, working on a Space Station or Ship that was orbiting some distant world. I was floating head-first down a giant steel girder, pulling myself down though this partially completed super-structure. Below me was a crescent planet, blue, green, red.. My head-space was normal, as in I was just doing my Job.. The Funny thing about this dream was that it continued after I woke if that makes any sense to anyone here.. As in I woke, and wrote it down, but when I went back to bed It continued in a meditative sense as though I was experiencing it continuing on another level.

• Like 2

As in I woke, and wrote it down, but when I went back to bed It continued in a meditative sense as though I was experiencing it continuing on another level.

That's because an aspect of you really is :D

Nice example of experiencing the astral level in meditation/woken or sleep time.

• Like 1

Funny that.. I had a War of the Worlds type dream lately that's been on my mind a lot, though the Dream was directed toward insight... I've posted it in the Insight Thread.

Yesterday I dreampt I was in space, working on a Space Station or Ship that was orbiting some distant world. I was floating head-first down a giant steel girder, pulling myself down though this partially completed super-structure. Below me was a crescent planet, blue, green, red.. My head-space was normal, as in I was just doing my Job.. The Funny thing about this dream was that it continued after I woke if that makes any sense to anyone here.. As in I woke, and wrote it down, but when I went back to bed It continued in a meditative sense as though I was experiencing it continuing on another level.

You shouldn't be surprised that I was watching the movie Solaris last night. About a much different and extreme firm of consciousness. I'm going to read the book now to get the real story.

• Like 1

Space things with me as well…

Just before midnight on the 13th I had a dream where I saw a very life-like image of Star Trek Voyagers Seven of Nine. Seven appeared to notice me and she smiled where-upon I awoke with a startle.

The following day on the 14th I discovered that one of my ewes had given birth at dawn so my husband suggested a name for the new lamb which was Valentina…However! I’ve since changed the name to number 14…My dream about 7 of 9 made me realise that the lamb born on the 14th of February 2014 was like destiny for a designated name…Number 14.

Cringe not folks! Number 14 and the collective flock are only my lawn-mowers so they aren’t destined for a roasting.

• Like 1

Today’s dream…[1:00 am] I heard a firm sounding voice say that God was looking for a body to possess then I realised that I was in total darkness but I heard a booming noise and then I observed chaotic arcs of electricity zapping (one at a time but fast) the ground. It reminded me of an octopus hiding behind a rock and quickly sending out arms one at a time to feel for its prey…I awoke and then I realised that it was thundering outside.

Edited by Meridian O
  • Like 1

The Space theme continued with me last night.. I sat down to watch Starwars (The missing Episode/scenes) And somehow during the dream watching of this movie (which started in a desert) I ended up inside R2D2's head-space. Turned out he was a little space ship.. While I was stuck in R2's body/headspace I was looking at pixel-lights in the seams, hoping like hell the seams didn't leak.

I’ve had a terrible morning with lots of broken sleep. I kept waking up with strange conversations about weird things which I can’t recall now except for the last dream at 5:00 am where someone told me that the ancient humans sought light and knowledge… :cry:

Edited by Meridian O
  • Like 1

Don't-cha hate it when a dream or voice wakes you with a powerful message.. When the Insight of what you remember is so amazing, so surreal and yet so simple that you just can't wait to sit up, flick on the light, and get it down on paper.. So you flick on the light, reach for your journal, and the only damn thing you can dribble onto the page is some freaky-deak mumble of words that only a tripping toad-licking junkie could make sense of..

*sighs*

• Like 1

Even worse is with me and my simple mind which only likes the easy to remember (short) words…This morning I had a repeating dream where I heard a masculine sounding voice describing what he thought about a certain event regarding gang stalking people who purposely destroy other people’s lives…The man mentioned an unusual word which I don’t use in my vocabulary so I awoke each time that the word was mentioned…The first time I awoke after hearing the odd / archaic sounding word, I was too tired to write anything down so I quickly returned to sleep…The second time I awoke and I thought that I didn’t need to write the word down because I’ve heard it repeated and I’ll remember it however when I finally woke for the day I totally forgot that damn word and now it’s bugging the heck out of me.

Well my dream wasn't really weird, hopefully I'll have a weirder one to report soon, but I just wanted to say that I kissed a very very beautiful young man twice in my dream last night. I have had other dreams where the guys I was "dating" etc... were young and handsome but usually they were immature and not right in someway or another... but this guy wasn't like that, he seemed genuinely nice and really liked me. I could really feel the kiss and I just want to say again he was FINE... very very fine. :)

So, I hope we meet again, even if its in a dream...

• Like 1

Have you ever had a dream that you were dreaming, then woke to find out you were still dreaming?

About two years ago I needed a way to know if I was dreaming or awake when a certain thing happened. It happen unpredictably. After trying to figure out a way to determine this, I realized that when I am awake I know I'm not dreaming, but when I am dreaming I can't determine if I am awake or not. So, when that thing happens, if I take control of the situation and ask myself, "Am I awake?" if I don't know the answer, then I am dreaming. [Weird, eh?]

Sure enough, the next time it happened I did so, and found out it was happening during my dreams!

As for dreaming, I rarely remember having them.

post-145966-0-80571800-1393316669.png

• Like 1

I had a long lucid one last night. I've been a little lazy in trying and I tried the other night but didn't manage to. I instead woke up in that stage to go OBE but I had weird pins and needles which made me very uncomfortable so I had to move my body and that was that.

Anyway last nights started with NIN coming to my town and they were driving past close to where I live. My older brother for some reason went to see them to talk and to give them an acostic guitar. He came back with all this stuff and was telling me he was saying he was a fan and they gave him all this mechadise. I remember thinking my brother was full of ****. Anyway later when they were walking near my house where I grew up I thought Id say hello.

I placed my hands down and ran like an animal to them and then offered to shake Trents hand, which is very rare for me to do to anyone. He didn't want to really shake it though and kinda half shook it(I think because I had used it to run on all fours). So I just turned away and ran back towards my house but this time I deliberately shifted into a wolf as if to show what they missed.

Next thing I know I'm in my old room and they are all there hanging out killing time. I forget parts here but I was lucid and just showing different things I like to do. I placed my hands in the walls and through the glass windows. I stood inside the walls and moved around in them so I would go in one wall and come out from the ceiling or floor.

I also tried another favorite trick of mine where I leap from the ground onto the ceiling and stick to it like a lizard. You have to almost backflip up to do that and I tried twice but didn't jump high enough so I just messed it up which was a laugh.

So I instead placed my hands and feet onto the wall and climbed on it like a lizard and then continued to climb up so I was on the ceiling looking down. I couldn't tell though which direction was up or down at one point so I was asking them to give me directions. lol.

I also later grabbed an arrow from somewhere and started to push the arrow through my stomach. I got it about half way through me but it was going quiet slow and not so smoothly so I stopped and took it out. I flew out the window soon after this and hit the wind and started to fly in a circle like in a dream not long ago. I went back inside again but had the taste to fly in the wind so I left again and took off.

I wanted to fly to another galaxy because it was night time and I could see many other galaxies and they weren't too far away. I remember thanking God at this point for witnessing this because it was very pretty. Anyway I flew quite fast and far but then I lost height and ended up flying close to the ground which was flooding.

I turned to a new direction but I could see the ocean and the water was bright sapphire blue with a large wave. I didn't really want to fly over the ocean because I had lost my height before and the ocean went as far as I could see. So it wasn't very inviting to fly out over it. Anyway I turned back and saw people getting caught in the flooding.

There was a young lady who I flew down and picked up and flew her to the tall trees. Some others were living up there and we landed and hung out with them. The lady sat with two other guys who were gambling using food. I don't know what the game was but she won and was given a portion of one of the others meat that had been cooking in a frying pan. So they gambled around this frying pan and portions of meat were like the poker chips.

Anyway I flew off and went to see some animals that had been caged up in the trees. They were like prehistoric creatures and I saw strange large cats/tigers with a few younger ones. It was like I was me but also the girl I had saved. She wanted to take an animal for its meat but these ones were not to be used for food and she knew that. So she/I went when it was dark to steal one.

I ended up flying through a cage and taking a baby dragon which was as if it was a tiny statue in stone with a bone pin/lock that went through its head. I didn't actually mean to take it though it just happened, the wind made me fly accidently into it. It was not suppose to be opened yet either because it was too young but she/I pulled the bone part out and it hatched out of the rock like it was its shell.

I knew at that point it was too late and I had to look after it so I offered my right hand to it and it climbed up and was smelling my skin. It looked almost like a tiny newborn kangaroo and I knew at this point it would always be mine because I was the first it had smelt and it thought I was its parent.

And I woke up soon after that.

Edited by Kazahel

Last night my dad told me that he just found out that his grandma gave birth to a stillborn girl and buried it in the yard of the house he grew up in.

In my dream, was holding something that shouldn't be alive, it was clean (not bloody) but looked like some sort of small organ of some kind, it was the size of an ear and had like veins and things in it. I knew I was supposed to flush it down the toilet and I was going to do it, but the thing started beating like a heart. It also had roots growing out of the bottom of it.

• Like 2

So I once had a dream where I saw that my sleep breaks at 2 am and I go out of my room to check on my mother and I find her getting ready to go somewhere. After that my dream broke and I woke up to check the time and it was 2:30, my mother who was sleeping next to me wasn't there and I got up to check. She was in the kitchen to get a glass of water. Freaked me out a bit but it's nothing but a coincidence.

Edited by Wordless Wanderer

I noticed some news just then which I thought went quite well with a dream I had last week(Saturday or Sunday8th/9th). I didn't bother write it down though but I told my son about it when he came back from the weekend so I know it was around those days.

Anyway in my dream I was inside a skyscraper in New York city. I was up high and at the reception desk which for some reason wasn't on the ground floor. Anyway the building started to sway and the receptionist said it was because of the wind. I thought it was swaying too much and out of the window I could see the building next to us swaying towards the building I was in. The building next to us hit our building and started to crash through it. So I ran with my son to get out of the building.

I thought not to take the elevator in case of being trapped and looked for the stairs to run down. After finding them I said to my parents we needed to run further away from the buildings because they were coming down and the dust would be everywhere and we would find it hard to breathe. I was thinking how 911s buildings had looked after falling down and so I knew we had to move away quiet far from the area. For some reason I had lost my son while running though and I said to them I'm not leaving without him and ran back to get him. I didn't have to run far though because he was running towards me.

After that the buildings were coming down and we went to move away from the area. I didn't bother to write the dream down though because I tend to only really write more interesting ones now or lucid dreams(only lucid ones that are interesting). Like two nights ago I dreamt I base jumped off a ledge with a group of people and later that night I went lucid in a weird virtual style landscape. But I didn't bother to write them either to give examples. And last night I dreamt of blueberry pie. lol

Anyway I saw this story in the news which I thought was kind of similar to what I dreamt a few days ago. I just wish I had posted the dream here now. But if I posted every dream you'd be reading about blueberry pie.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...-fall-1.2569451

Edited by Kazahel

Last night I was dreaming of two females. They came to me and asked me to go OOB. Then I was taken outside and we started training on a very interesting Tai Chi like martial arts form. It incorporated elements of wing chun in it but was a two against one sort of doubles form. I guess it should be called a triples form because its done with the other two people. To master it one would have to know three perspective. The yin position, the yang, and the neutral. The neutral is the person occupied with one person on each hand.

Strange who would have ever thought I woukd be learning complicated martial arts forms in dreams. The timing is impeccable because I am actually meeting with a world renown wing chun master today. No I don't think ill be telling him about my strange dreams.

I had the craziest dream-ending ever this morning,

4 dreams last night, have spared the details, it's the timing and ending that is crucial to me..

1st dream, Spiritual dream, conceptual.. Not much details.. The area was coastal and flat, there were lot's of houses about, and I was having a conversation with a UMer..

2nd dream.. (2 hours later) At my sisters house, blowing my nose in the bathroom & looking in the mirror.. My reflection was all snotty, lol. I looked younger in the dream.. Blew my nose again, and the snot became a bit bloody..

3rd dream (90 minutes later) Very odd dream, post apocalyptic.. In the first part of the dream I was seeing off a group of young people who were on an expedition to a city about 300 k's away.. Their trip was expected to take 6 weeks.. (vague bit) Next I was staying/camping at a department store with a group of boys.. They had helped themselves to some fishing equipment, the store was not looted, as we were leaving I saw a car arrive, and a Man called my name.. Surprised, I went and spoke to him.. He had 6 letters that he wanted to send to cities around the country, but didn't know how to get the letters there so wanted my help. (was surprised because he knew my name and had sought me out)

4th dream (20 minutes later & woken by alarm) In this dream I was in an airport or train station and had just been attacked by a snake.. The Woman I was with had killed the snake.. It was while examining a plastic container (that the snake had come from) that I realized there was a 2n'd snake.. This 2n'd snake then attacked me, and I ran (This is where it get's very weird) away from the snake and out of that dream.. yeah, out of the dream?? Between dreams I found myself in a dark back-stage-like world full of junk and props and bit's n' pieces.. I was looking about for a weapon or something when all of a sudden one of the boy's from the 3'd dream appeared holding a shovel over his head like he were about to hit me with it..

"Hay? What are you doing here?" he said, surprised, lowering the shovel.

"Oh, hi" I said, "There's a bloody snake attacking me in that other dream and I'm after something to kill it with.."

I somehow fashioned a sword, it was make of cardboard, but would do the trick..

(vague bit)

When I returned to the dream I instantly got the impression that the snake was dead, time was up, and the dream was over.. The dream about me & around me shifted or morphed into a TV image, and the ending credits appeared?? yeah, End credits on a dream, go figure... How weird is that..

Anyway, if a dream ending with revolving TV show credits isn't weird enough, the next concept was even weirder.. Because to top it all off, conceptually, the dream ended with me gathering up all four dreams, dicing them and tossing them together like a colorful salad, then eating/ingesting them with the idea in my mind that consuming the dreams would promote or fuel more dreams tonight.. :w00t: How Weird is that!

Edited to add: lol, guess it goes to show how I find dreams so important that I eat them so as to promote more?? I guess..

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1