Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weird dreams thread!

_Ghastly_

OK, a dream I had while I was taking a break from posting but that is really worth getting reactions to.

I'm driving peacefully down a US interstate (I don't know where but I would guess Kansas from the flatness and the witches) and saw going slowly along the edge three witnesses and a broom.

(This dream is obviously inspired by a combination of Terry Pratchett and Walt Disney, so please don't make that an issue).

In the lead is a standard black-robed black pointy hatted witch on a broom about three feet in the air. The second is a similar witch except pudgy and riding a mule and having a big cat asleep on its back. The third witch was dressed in the same robe and hat and broom but they were pink silk and glittered. Bringing up the rear was a walking broomstick carrying a couple empty pails out of Disney's 1940s Fantasia. On his back was a big sign, "We have need of water." (I guess they were English witches since in America it would have been "We need water.") None of the other freeway traffic seemed to notice them but I sure did.

As tends to be the case in dreams, it so happened I had a couple dozen bottles of water in my back seat, so I pulled over and asked if they wanted some. The broom came over and said something like, "Oh, thank you, thank you good sir." And one of my jugs went empty and the two water buckets he was carrying went full of water.

By then all the witches had surrounded my car and I was a bit nervous, although they had now all taken off their hats, I guess in politeness. So I said, "I have plenty more if you want." Again, "Oh, thank you good sir," and the broom grew a couple more arms with buckets and the same thing happened to another of my water bottles.

Then the lead witch said, "We have important business so must be going. This water will be of much help. Let me now grant you a boon in return: 'May you never go thirsty or ever be short of water in any way.' "

Then they proceeded as they had except the sign was gone and I noticed the bottles in my back seat that had become empty were now full of water again. Then it began to rain and I decided to get going myself.

• Like 2

I had a pretty funny but symbolic lucid dream last night.

I dreamt I was in the city and it was flooded in some parts(only about ankle height). The water was dirty like you would imagine city water to be like. Because I was lucid I decided to walk on water which I've done a few times now and its always pretty fun. Anyway so I walk on the city water but it doesn't make me feel how it usually does, I think because the water wasn't deep so it wasn't as much of a thrill(and didn't make me feel as happy).

After that I floated over to where I saw Trent Reznor(from Nine Inch Nails)who was the cenobite Pinhead from the Hellraiser. So he looked exactly like Pinhead but with a faint face of Reznor. He was standing in the street singing the song Hurt by NIN. Which he sung in a passionate emotional(sad)way. Now if you know Pinhead and the lyrics of Hurt you'd find them rather suited and kind of amusing I think(also with pinhead/nin). So I don't know how my mind placed them together but they did. So anyway I watched and floated around him in a crossed legged lotus style position. I thought about using the hooks like in the movie so I imagined a hook on a chain flying our to catch my cheek which it did but it also didn't at the same time. So it was weird and like imagining in the dream but it not quiet going solid in the dream.

After that I thought I don't really want to be strung up and stuck basically so I left and next thing I was flying near the house I grew up in. I saw a black cockatoo sitting in a tree so I flew over to it and thought to fly into the bird to take control of it. While flying I was flying like a bird(flapping). Instead of flying into the bird though I flew through it and when I looked at it afterwards it had left a copy of my tattoo on it. I have the Tetragrammaton tattoo on my leg in real life and when I looked at the bird it was then missing some feathers where the tattoo now was. It was exactly the same as my tattoo.

Then the bird flew over to Mr Reznor who was also there sitting down. I looked back and watched for a little and the bird almost looked then like a baby lion(some type of large cat)but then I flew off like a bird and later flew faster(superman style) and ended up flying through buildings and stuff.

Anyway I found it a very weird dream with the symbols, song and the main Cenobite interestingly mixed and well suited.

post-33493-0-36787900-1395195947_thumb.j

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1

I found an interesting news article just then about a cockatoo. It's nice timing with my dream above.

THE appearance of a sulphur-crested cockatoo in a 1496 religious painting has raised the possibility of Renaissance budgie-smugglers.

Our feathered friend occupies a special place in the altarpiece painting, Madonna della Vittoria, one of the jewels of Italian art by Andrea Mantegna.

The mystical cocky is depicted in a sacred garden, perched on a ledge above the Virgin, the Christ child and an assembly of saints.

Its prominent position above a representation of the cross has led University of Melbourne academic Heather Dalton to identify it as a symbol of the Holy Spirit.

Full article found here. http://www.theaustra...6-1226859567477#

(if you cant access the full article just google it and find another)

*Another link here http://www.businessinsider.com.au/how-did-this-australian-bird-end-up-in-a-518-year-old-european-painting-2014-3

Edited by Kazahel

Interesting! Back in 2005 when Cockatoo Valley was a part of my home address I had a dream about the Holy Grail being in Australia.

Interesting! Back in 2005 when Cockatoo Valley was a part of my home address I had a dream about the Holy Grail being in Australia.

Trippy. I suppose before it would've been one of the last places you'd expect to find it.

I guess it depends on what the Holy Grail actually is…

I’ve experienced a few dreams about a golden chalice and a couple of dreams where the name, the Holy Grail was mentioned.

One of my dreams (from 2001) about the Holy Grail name was combined with an image of a golden chalice and also an allusion about “me” being from the cup which was confusing for me to understand at the time.

Possibly my unconscious mind was fabricating ideas about a life-force and maybe the cup or the Holy Grail is merely a symbolic vessel.

Therefore I suppose if the Holy Grail cup is depictive for something else such as a spiritual container for certain life-forces then I’d gather that travelling about to places like Australia wouldn’t be much of a feat in any era.

Edited by Meridian O
  • Like 1

I've dreamt of it twice now that I recall. First time in March 2008 and the other in June 2009. Both times in my dreams its been a small wooden cup that just felt like it was meant to symbolize the grail. First time I shot it with an arrow and the second time it was laying on its side with no water in it.

The dreams were much longer though and probably posted in this thread somewhere. I'm not sure what it all meant but I do tend to think its all symbolic.

• 2 weeks later...

very weird dream:

I was with my little niece and she had bean sprouts growing out of the side of her head. They were fresh and I was picking them off with chopsticks and eating them and they were really good so I kept eating them like I was hungry. While I was doing this she was reciting a poem she had written which was artistically weird and had something to do with her hormones. I realized what I was doing was awfully strange so I asked her not to tell anyone what I was doing, she said, "don't worry I won't". She herself had been eating some of the bean sprouts or whatever it was that we were picking off of the side of her head. I looked at what I was eating and it wasn't fresh anymore, it looked like a VERY bad case of ear wax and was on the end of a q-tip. I couldn't believe that it tasted so good at first and then suddenly I couldn't stomach it anymore, I tried to eat the last bite but queasiness in my stomach wouldn't let me.

That was only one part of the dream, the last part that I woke up too.

I kept thinking about how weird it was today. So weird I almost didn't post it! lol

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

I had a weird dream that this topic thread was really going nowhere at all.

The night before last I had a dream in which I, Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki were jamming together to a satirical take on Billy Joel's classic "Only the Good Die Young", which we had reworded as "Only the Poor Die Young". I can still remember some of the lyrics we invented.

And for the record, Jared was a terrible singer.

I've had a rather upsetting series of dreams now that are getting tiresome. As with most of my dreams nothing much happens, but usually I'm in a pleasant place. Now I am in a seedy bar surrounded by middle-aged people in frumpy ill-fitting clothes (the men in crumpled suits and sweat-stained ties and the women in too-tight dresses) and yellow teeth with dirty glasses and tablecloths and water stains on the walls and cobwebs on the chandeliers. The waiter is this obese woman wearing a dress way too short so you see her ugly thighs and the little bumps that excess weight seems to cause. She is cheery enough but her lipstick is on wrong and is bright red and all over her teeth and her hair is way too blond. There's a dyke (I hope the word is not offensive, but I can't think of any other that conveys the idea succinctly) sitting next to me selling pot; she has her different sized packages all lined up in front of her, so I figure the police don't bother this place much.

I've had a rather upsetting series of dreams now that are getting tiresome. As with most of my dreams nothing much happens, but usually I'm in a pleasant place. Now I am in a seedy bar surrounded by middle-aged people in frumpy ill-fitting clothes (the men in crumpled suits and sweat-stained ties and the women in too-tight dresses) and yellow teeth with dirty glasses and tablecloths and water stains on the walls and cobwebs on the chandeliers. The waiter is this obese woman wearing a dress way too short so you see her ugly thighs and the little bumps that excess weight seems to cause. She is cheery enough but her lipstick is on wrong and is bright red and all over her teeth and her hair is way too blond. There's a dyke (I hope the word is not offensive, but I can't think of any other that conveys the idea succinctly) sitting next to me selling pot; she has her different sized packages all lined up in front of her, so I figure the police don't bother this place much.

Welcome to old age frank.

To me this dream symbolises just about every fear or concern an older person has floating around in their subconscious.

The night before last I had a dream in which I, Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki were jamming together to a satirical take on Billy Joel's classic "Only the Good Die Young", which we had reworded as "Only the Poor Die Young". I can still remember some of the lyrics we invented.

I wish I was there...

:wub:

I experienced a Jenson Ackles dream back in April 2011…Nothing too noteworthy about the dream except that I appeared to be hovering above Jenson and I was observing his facial features. A warm golden light was bathing Jenson’s face and I noticed that he had some cute looking freckles on his cheeks. I had a short, light-hearted conversation with Jenson about ghosts where I corrected his mistaken notion about them and that was it…Dream over.

Edited by Meridian O

Had a long dream about treasure hunting, only we found a box of beretta 93Rs Robo cops old gun. I used to have an airsioft version.

Then another one about guiding people into the wilderness for a hike.

Then I became lucid in this pub I'm always finding myself in. The waitress brings me the same burger and drink everytime and we discuss physics and metaphysics with this old guy at the back of the room. The Bar tender has this other worldly understanding. Much like the last episode of "quantume leap"

I had one last night where I dreamt I went to a university to study. I walked into a large class but because I was late I missed the warm ups of everyone shooting the revolvers. Anyway I sat down and tried to blend in and not be spoken to but the teacher asked me a question. So out of everyone(like maybe 100 ppl)he asked me the question. He asked me what was the hardest thing I've done today. I told him coming to this class.

Anyway I changed seat a few times and watched a scene of a silver dragon mode of transport that crossed a river carrying a large group of people. It was like a raft on a line that crossed the river fast and the front had a head of a dragon. Everyone was packed in on this one but I looked over to my left and saw a red boat which looked royal and the inside was red suede. No one was in this one because it was old style and needed ores so I jumped in and used it to travel to another seat in the class. I know that doesn't make sense but that's how it went. The scene went from a large outside river to then having water in the class. So I rowed to another seat and jumped out.

Anyway after the class had ended I was walking through the crowd with a pet black pig that was more like a dog. I had it on a leash and I talked to it using an oink. It was about knee high and fluffy like a dog but it was a wild boar(razorback). It liked to sniff people and when it did I would say "oink"(but like a pig sound not a word), it would oink back and sit like a dog next to me. Then it went up to someone it didn't seem to like and it was oinking away and I fired it up by oinking as well and then let go of the leash. It chased this person through the crowd and I was laughing.

Edited by Kazahel

the night I had a mild stroke I also had a dream . in the dream I was standing at the mouth of a large black whirlpool and was about to throw myself in voluntarily. when I realized what I was going to do I stopped and asked myself "why". and then instead of answering myself I woke up. it was the only dream I had while in the hospital.

Edited by mysticwerewolf
  • Like 2

Kinda funny; when I had my most recent heart attack I was dreaming I was lying in a field of yellow flowers that stretched as far as I could see: I woke up and I was in a taxi on my way to hospital. This was over a year ago and I am doing fine now.

• Like 2

Today's dream...

I’m walking about outside when I discover my lamb, number 14 rolling about on the ground beside its mother Rosy which appears to be dead. I pick-up number 14 and I walk towards my home with the intension of bottle feeding the lamb. When I approach a back yard area I’m met by Jane, an old friend from the U.K who warns me about a gate with a broken catch. I attempt to fix the gate when I suddenly feel a nudge on my back and I turn around to see that number 14’s mother is alive and she appears to be in a playful mood. I then leave that scene and I enter my home where I come across an unknown female teenager with black hair who is drinking fizzy pop from a 340ml bottle. The girl seems unfazed about me finding her inside my home although moments after I had entered the house there was a caller at the door and the girl seemed to know who it was. The girl hid inside a kitchen cupboard and she told me not to let him know that she was there. An unknown man entered the kitchen and he stood in front of the cupboard where the girl was hiding. I never said anything but the man began to talk casually about something which I don’t recall now but he ended his conversation by announcing that he knew that the girl was there and that she should stop the charade now and come out of hiding.

Edited by Meridian O
  • Like 1

I dream of giving my chauffeur directions, asking him if he wanted to go to the airport. He said yes, so we headed off to the airport, get through security and went on plane. We sat on the first few rows of the plane which unfortunately, crashed into the sea. We went to some "judgement" place where we can read the minds of the living, I looked for my teacher and he said that i am a sensitive person but was insensitive on my blog. I moved on, and now a judge/god gave us [all the air passengers] a decision to get back to current life with disabilities [in the leg and brain], or to be reborned into a life of affluence. Before that, we were all given simulation of our life, and when I went back to my current life, I realised i had down syndrome and difficulty counting money even though I am an adult. I was given a vision of my reborned life, and realised that I am now the daughter of a diplomat from/in Albina, who is able 4 languages at the age of 13.

• Like 1

I had a dream that I was being interviewed by some journalist, I can't remember what the interview was about. During the interview the journalist's hair turned into a hand (still made of hair). It was still connected to his scalp by its fingers, so it started to thrash around on the guy's head trying to get free. The journalist didn't seem to notice, and just continued the interview like nothing was wrong, while I just stared at the hand/hair.

• Like 1

Ok here is a weird one. It starts off when I am employed as an extra on "Downtown Abbey" as a footman.

All goes well until a" simple" young lady from the aristocracy satrts getting very upset at a container of food in the aristocrats section We cant work out why she is acting so strange, so take the plastic container from the section where the upper class is filmed to the servants quarters. (Only when I wake up do I realise "of course it wasn't what was in the plastic box (an actors lunch) but the existence of the plastic box itself (first clue to a time slip) .In this version of the tv show the servants section is filmed across an intervening modern mall, so we have to walk through this in period costume .Going over everyone knows what tis happening (film being made) despite us being in period costume . I talk to one of the other actors about how I got the job on appearance alone with no acting experience and he says a funny thing "well its all reruns now anyway" A second clue to a time slip dream. Coming back everything has changed and the mall is now an old village market square e and people treat me like a real footman.

I try to follow the others but get lost and find myself in a city from about the 1800s I ask directions to Downton castle (rather than the abbey) and get directed by some old ladies and children to a huge monolithic castle made of solid granite with walls 30 feet thick (impervious I consider as my dream character even to modern artillery fire, but maybe not )

. After almost not reaching the entrance via a precipitous climb, I am allowed into the castle by pretending to be the footman I am dressed as. The elderly lady and master tell me, in the course of hiring me, that there is an interesting legend about how the castle was constructed by hill giants in the long distant past.

Segue to second part of the dream. I am one of those giants under the rule of a tyrant who wants to build the castle for himself. We can shape stone (we are more like the rock giants in the hobbit )and begin construction However a volcanic outbreak causes problems with some spectacular lava flows and earth movements, and the loss of some of the giants.

Turns out there are three of us who have consciousness from the future in our bodies .We lead a breakaway group high in the mountains to try and find and capture the source of water run off After numerous adventures and trials, including being attacked by lava slugs and sliding down a lava flow on a huge boulder, we find the water source; a beautiful big lake with waterfalls running into and a permanent river running down hill. But we also come upon a strange structure. H huge castle built of stone blocks near the top of the mountain range I and the other modern consciousness's recognise it as the work of humans but think it must have slipped into the past.

However as we approach we are seen by human soldiers who open fire on us without effect. I also encounter one of my naughtier teenage school students who is surprised to hear a rock giant call out his name in a deep rumble and flees. (sweet revenge) I realise that we have slipped into the future rather than they into the past. We are attacked by more troops planes and tanks without harm, but eventually a nuclear strike is called. I am not certain we can survive that and so abandon my host body and wake my self up.(or else the dog wakes me up and the dream would have continued) Not sure what might have happened without the dogs barking.

This was an incredibly rich dream in which I knew I was dreaming but let the story flow and develop. It was very textured, with accurate costumes dialogue etc. (for example the rock giants spoke just as I imagine a rock giant would speak, and bullets just splattered on their exterior.) It had a lot of detail I haven't the space to include here, like the appearance of the town, many of the characters I met, the monocle worn by the old bloke who was lord of the castle, and how the lunch box belonged to a school teaching colleague of mine etc.

Edited by Mr Walker

I had a dream once that I was dating Seth Macfarlane (family guy creater, lol) he came to an aprtment of mine (that i've never lived in) and was waiting on me to get ready to go out with him. In this dream, my son woke up and I ran off to tend to him and waited till he went to sleep before I decided to go out, I woke up before we left the apartment lol.

I've had at least two others with him, once at some kind of party, I saw him but he had ignored me, he walked past me and I tried to go see him but he got too far and I woke

and another dream was again at a party, and he came up to me and we finally started talking and flirting with each other while having a drink.

I was in the back of a bus. I was talking with a young Hispanic woman. I say woman but more like a girl...18-19 or so. It happened quite suddenly and the bus tiped over and started sliding on the road. We were in the mountains and the buss was sliding off the road. I yelled to her to brave herself because we going to hit trees. I could see the pavement under me and sparks were shooting up at my feet from where the window had been.

We slid off the road and down a hill full of trees. I was hopeing the trees would stop but they didn't. Quite unnaturally the bus started to plow down all the trees and we kept sliding down the hill ( I did not notice at the time, but there was no hint of anyone else in the buss except me and her).

The buss was starting to disintegrate. I was silently praying it would stop while me an her were still uninjured. The sound of the trees hitting the buss was deafening. Just when I thought the buss would stop because it almost came to the end of its slide down the hill, we rolled off of a massive cliff.

Some how I was thrown from the buss. So I was in the air falling. I knew I was done for. The buss was falling to the left of me and I had lost sight of the girl. I resolved my self to death after noticing how very high I was, and i wonderd what the impact was going to feel like. I crossed my arms and turned my back to the ground.

When I hit. I did feel a bit if a jolt. I even bounced a bit. But I was fine. I stood up relieved, but strangly not in a lot of shock. In my mind I just got lucky. I looked the girl wasn't far from me and she was standing aswell. She got lucky too! Awesome! We are going to be fine.

We collected our thoughts for a moment and then found a small road and walked down it. We left the buss as a firey mess. I was very glad I had been thrown from the buss.

We eventually make it to this small mountain store. We go in seeking help. But to my surprise the people in there will not respond to us. They can't seem to hear or see us. ( just like the movies). I realize right away that we did not survive that crash. There is only one reason for this predicament. She starts to cry. I try to comfort her, but in truth I'm very upset also. I also don't know what to do next. I stay there for a few moments holding her. Then I notice him.

Jason ( named changed).. One of my students is at the counter buying an ice cream with his dad. Jason his pretty far on the spectrum with aspergers. He has been with me since he was a little boy. He is now about 11. We are pretty close because of his parents dedication to keeping him in things and working with me.

I don't bother saying anything as he walks past me. It's just sort o a reminder of the life that is now over. I wonderd if he will find another Martial arts instructor to work with. I hope so. He was doing so well lately. Especially with his jujitsu.

Just as he passes me on the way out, he says "oh hi Mr. Marlo." Then keeps walking.

I'm shocked. I stand there for a second. Then I follow him out. He is getting on the back of his fathers motercycle happily eating his ice cream.

"Jason, you can hear me"

"Of course I can Mr. Marlo just barely that girl too"

"But we are dead, how can you?"

"I see all kinds of things that I don't talk about Mr. Marlo, I can tell my parents and therapists don't like to hear about them. And you are not dead......... But she is."

His dad fires up the motorcycle. I look over at the girl, she looks as confused as I do. I was thinking Jason had to be wrong. We both were in the bus and others can't see both of us. Unless of course I'm dreaming. I look back as they drive away and my last thought before wakeing up was how dangerous it was for Jason not to have a helmet on.

• Like 2

I had a dream that I had a baby, which was so small I could fit it in a credit card sleeve, it got bigger in there, and was wrapped in something like a cocoon. I forgot about it after a while and then became frantic because I couldn't find it. I finally found it and let it out and it had a turtle shell, it was very bright purple and had a long tail, big arms and legs and a head of course, it was a purple reptile (with a turtle shell on its back). So I loved my baby and took it with me for the day (after it had went swimming in a back yard pool - I have no idea where I was). Then, later we were walking down the street and we were in the hood. There were a lot of people outside and everybody was eating and drinking (liquor). I saw some people from my past and gave them hugs and stuff and one of them wanted to get me a drink, so we went to the bar. After he got my drink for me he wanted to hold my baby. I let him and he took off with it. So the rest of my time I kept trying to catch up with him and found him flirting with girls, feeding them, and doing other things to try to block and avoid me. During this portion there was so many people everywhere, it was like a block party, with a lot of people from when I was growing up. I found a book he had left in one of the houses and it showed pictures of all sorts of mounted dragons and other types of creatures. I knew that he wanted to kill and mount my baby because it was also like some of these creatures. By the end of my dream I never found my baby. I knew the guy in real life who bought me the drink, but I knew him as a teenager and I cannot remember his name.

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 2