Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weird dreams thread!

_Ghastly_

I was in the back of a bus. I was talking with a young Hispanic woman. I say woman but more like a girl...18-19 or so. It happened quite suddenly and

"Of course I can Mr. Marlo just barely that girl too"

"But we are dead, how can you?"

"I see all kinds of things that I don't talk about Mr. Marlo, I can tell my parents and therapists don't like to hear about them. And you are not dead......... But she is."

Wow. Intense dream there mr. Marlo

• Like 2

Nice try. :tu:

But I agree that the dream is pretty intense though. It also strikes me as very meaningful. Everyone falls eventually. Whether you survive the fall or not does not matter much... what matters most is, you fall for what. Fighting for and defending what? Because, if it is a fall with dishonor then you cannot live with it even if you survive it... its pretty much same as not surviving the fall. But if it is a fall with honor then you can feel the true joy and happiness in your heart and enjoy every second you come closer to the ground even if you know that you are not going to make it, because you know in your heart that you are falling for something you feel honor in defending and fighting for. Mocking the coming storm never helps. There are forces in this world, unstoppable, destructive, yes, even self-destructive...that just don't care... that will do what they are meant to do... no matter what. Keeping your intentions in check and embracing your fate is what truly helps.

A very meaningful dream indeed!

(Apologies for the overly dramatic interpretation...) :(

I had a dream that I had a baby, which was so small I could fit it in a credit card sleeve, it got bigger in there, and was wrapped in something like a cocoon. I forgot about it after a while and then became frantic because I couldn't find it. I finally found it and let it out and it had a turtle shell, it was very bright purple and had a long tail, big arms and legs and a head of course, it was a purple reptile (with a turtle shell on its back). So I loved my baby and took it with me for the day (after it had went swimming in a back yard pool - I have no idea where I was). Then, later we were walking down the street and we were in the hood. There were a lot of people outside and everybody was eating and drinking (liquor). I saw some people from my past and gave them hugs and stuff and one of them wanted to get me a drink, so we went to the bar. After he got my drink for me he wanted to hold my baby. I let him and he took off with it. So the rest of my time I kept trying to catch up with him and found him flirting with girls, feeding them, and doing other things to try to block and avoid me. During this portion there was so many people everywhere, it was like a block party, with a lot of people from when I was growing up. I found a book he had left in one of the houses and it showed pictures of all sorts of mounted dragons and other types of creatures. I knew that he wanted to kill and mount my baby because it was also like some of these creatures. By the end of my dream I never found my baby. I knew the guy in real life who bought me the drink, but I knew him as a teenager and I cannot remember his name.

I also want to mention when I got my drink he also got me some kind of rice dish that I was eating. When I was walking down the street somebody said "I know your not eating THIS food... this food is nasty." (Even though everyone, including the guy who said it, was eating it.) I lied and said I wasn't, as if I had gotten the food from somewhere else even though I WAS eating the nasty food. I did take another bite but then decided to throw it away.

I thought that part was significant but forgot to include it at first.

Edited by SpiritWriter

I had a dream that I had a baby, which was so small I could fit it in a credit card sleeve, it got bigger in there, and was wrapped in something like a cocoon. I forgot about it after a while and then became frantic because I couldn't find it. I finally found it and let it out and it had a turtle shell, it was very bright purple and had a long tail, big arms and legs and a head of course, it was a purple reptile (with a turtle shell on its back). So I loved my baby and took it with me for the day (after it had went swimming in a back yard pool - I have no idea where I was). Then, later we were walking down the street and we were in the hood. There were a lot of people outside and everybody was eating and drinking (liquor). I saw some people from my past and gave them hugs and stuff and one of them wanted to get me a drink, so we went to the bar. After he got my drink for me he wanted to hold my baby. I let him and he took off with it. So the rest of my time I kept trying to catch up with him and found him flirting with girls, feeding them, and doing other things to try to block and avoid me. During this portion there was so many people everywhere, it was like a block party, with a lot of people from when I was growing up. I found a book he had left in one of the houses and it showed pictures of all sorts of mounted dragons and other types of creatures. I knew that he wanted to kill and mount my baby because it was also like some of these creatures. By the end of my dream I never found my baby. I knew the guy in real life who bought me the drink, but I knew him as a teenager and I cannot remember his name.

All the usual weird stuff here from SW: alien abduction-pregnancy-unexpected delivery of hybrid alien anomaly....seriously, you should win a prize.

• Like 1

All the usual weird stuff here from SW: alien abduction-pregnancy-unexpected delivery of hybrid alien anomaly....seriously, you should win a prize.

Hmmm

Aaa yes... I usually take my name out, but when I paste from my journal I forgot. :)

• Like 1

Here's a crazy dream..

So, in this dream I was walking down the streets of a city, there were cars, pedestrians, it was a normal every-day scene.. I was with a young woman, I spoke to her and said something along the lines of "Hay, there's a spiritual gathering just around the corner.. wanna come?" I'm not sure what happened next to be honest, My intention was to help her, but she just took off like a rocket, running ahead and left around the corner like I was a devil at her heals.. lol.. So I chased after her, wanting to help her, heal her and show her some spiritual therapy.. I don't think she was running away from me per-se, I think she was running toward the event to be honest..

Anyway... She fell into a hole. (Died I think) I walked up to her grave site and just stood there staring down at it.. What happened next was a resurrection of sorts.. I got the impression that I was standing there for a long time.. The white stones of the grave started to bubble up out of the ground like a spring or small fountain and out she climbed, covered in dirt and muck.. I took her by the hand and lead her to bath house that was under the ground and had an entrance very similar to an underground parking lot or subway.. The waters of the bath house were clear, but there were dark hair-like fibers floating in the water, and I got the impression that the hairs or fibers in the water came from the minerals in the hot water..

My perspective and everything changed in the water.. Everything quickly morphed into a scene of me playing a record. I put the needle on the record, and the music was beautiful but very quiet to start with.. There was a 70's feel about the music, but all of a sudden the record player said "Oh this is crap" and wrenched the arm back to the start.. (Yup, talking record player!!) From then on every time I put the needle on the record the player would refuse to play it, or it would play pay until it heard something like a DJ's voice or the start of a radio advert then it would say "Yuck! advertising!" or "This is full of Adverts!" and wrench the needle screeching across the vinyl.

Personal Note: This is the closest Ive come to hearing or advertising in a dream.. Another weird thing is that I have this notion that I was female in this dream, which was a re-occurring theme twice last night..

Edited by Professor T

I had a really long lucid dream last night where I just kept flying. At first I was flying around a group of people near a place that looked like England somewhere. I was taunting them and they were getting really mad. They couldnt catch me though and they were 'anti flyers'. Eventually I told them I was just teaching them how to fly by annoying them to motivate them to catch me(so only possible by also flying) and so I ended up teaching them. Then because they could fly they weren't anti flyers anymore, so they were only anti flyers because they didnt know how to. Like hating something you don't understand.

The dream was very long and just non stop flying. I would teach someone by grabbing their hand and taking them with me and flying almost like a pendulum swings. Eventually they got it and then I'd teach the next one. I also taught them about flying through walls and if you're flying towards something just dont bother to change direction. Just allow yourself to fly through it without any thought. Was funny though because when I first did this as if to show them I flew into a wall headfirst but only got about a meter in and it went solid. lol so I had to back out and I could see the shape my body left in the wall. I think that happened because I gave it more thought than I usually do.

At one point there was a Native American who was in a cage and had been taken prisoner by the anti flyers. They carried AK-47s and had a base and he was kept there. I flew in with another person and was being shot at and I just walked towards the person shooting at me and let the bullets hit me. The bullets didnt work(like I was bullet proof they just bounced off) and I remember thinking I had to not let it frighten me into thinking they might be real. I walked right up to the guy firing them, so I was standing infront of the firing gun and think I hit his gun away. I cant rememeber but I stopped it somehow and then turned back to get the Native American.

My friend that I had taught was not at the level yet to take another person with him. I found it's hard at first in a lucid dream to carry a person with you because you think subconsciously I guess that they weigh more and so weigh you down. But because I had been teaching by carrying them slightly I just picked him up and took him with me. Then there was a point where I was in a room(my old bedroom I think but it was different) and this was the main time I really walked in the whole dream. I walked onto the side of the wall and started to walk from wall to wall going sideways around the room. At this point it was like walking standing sideways on a wall. Then I stepped onto the ceiling and walked upside down for awhile and then I walked around the room from ceiling to wall to floor and around that way. When you do that the ceiling/walls become the floor so its not too weird.

I thought I'd test myself and so I lay on the bed and looked at the ceiling and thought to fly just with my mind by not moving at all. I floated all the way up and had my face touching the ceiling. There was coloured darts(red,green,yellow) that I let pass through my face when I touched the ceiling but I took down three and threw them at a dart board on the wall. Then somehow I was back flying around the same type of area at the start and I was talking to an old friend of mine. I was telling him how this is the next level for me and that I'm not going to ever walk. I said I had evolved. So in places where I was suppose to walk(small low to the ground areas)I would just float through slightly off the ground. I also told him that I had been flying for ages and that this dream just kept going. I told him I would probably wake up soon because I could feel how I needed to go to the bathroom. So the discomfort from needing to go to the bathroom transferred into the dream.

Anyway then I decided I would try something scary so I flew out over the ocean pretty fast and far out near where I live. I flew out off the coast of W.A to ruffly where they think that plane went down. I was looking for deep dark waters and I wanted to fly to the bottom of the ocean. So I flew down into the ocean and kept flying down for quite awhile. I couldnt see much though, it was just dark water but every now and then I would feel bubbles touching my feet briefly as if I had just swam past a living creature. It was kinda freaky and felt like I was being followed. I thought maybe soon I might pop out into the sky like what happened another time I did this. I thought that because I couldnt see much my mind would create a scene soon. And it did. Next thing I know I was flying outside again in a desert looking city.

Anyway the dream just kept going and I was just flying everywhere. It felt like it went for hours but I dont kow how long it was. Long enough that I was all sweaty from staying in the same position for too long. I couldve done more things in the dream but the enjoyment from flying is hard to get away from.

I had a quick weird/lucid dream last night where I was at my old house and I was sleeping in bed in my old room. I thought I'd try to lucid dream during the dream because I actually thought that I was sleeping in my old room. I could hear the neighbors making noise outside and I thought about moving out of body to see what was happening. I floated out of body and out the window and was watching them digging around the yard with a small earthmover.

I remember thinking I should wake up to see if it was the same by looking out the window. I didnt bother though because I was enjoying flying around. Then I noticed my shadow on the ground which was yellow and shaped like a dragon. The wings looked like a bat and it was quite strange to see this yellow shadow.

So I flew for a little more but after I saw the yellow shadow I flapped its/my wings to fly. I wasnt using wings before so it was like when I saw the shadow I flapped the wings but it made me slowly lose my flying. So as I flapped them I just got heavier and started to fall to the ground. I dont remember much more. It was a strange lucid dream though because I was dreaming of sleeping in another bed but went lucid from that bed. So I was lucid but I just thought I still lived in my old house.

I think this is twice now I've seen another shadow in my dream. First time was years ago where I was lucid and noticed my shadow was of a running wolf. So in that dream I was standing still and I noticed my shadow was of a wolf running on the spot. This time I noticed my shadow was yellow and looked like a dragon. So I dont think to look at my shadow to see what it is, its that I notice my shadow and that it's something else.

I guess this dream is maybe linked with the dream the night before.

Edited by Kazahel

I dreamed while sleeping on the bus yesterday that my wife was still alive. I knew it was just a dream but I let it ride. Bittersweet.

• Like 2

Lame is my latest lucid dream... All of them so-far have been similarly short and utterly directionless...

My latest started with a normal dream.. I was in the kitchen making some toast.. then.............. hmmmm, it's a bit breezy in here... then..... hmmmmmmm, I have no pants on... How often does that happen buddy? Forgetting to put some pants on only happens in a dream........ Oh!! Oh hell I'm Dreaming! "I'm awake!!!!!"

And then I did wake... <_<

Everyone else goes flying or does something exciting.. All I can manage is operating a toaster with no pants on..

Lame... :lol:

• Like 1

It's not a single dream, but one theme I have regularly in my dreams is that the sun is out at anywhere from 10:00 at night to 3:00 in the morning. The weird thing is, the sky is usually dark for some reason. Once it was a cloud of ash, like from a volcano, once it was just really light around the horizon in all directions with everything overhead dark, and all sorts of reasons why the sky is dark.

I had this dream recently, I was in some kind of underground caves and I was running from this thing in a size of two story house. I remember myself thinking that I am in hell. Eventually I found some passage the thing following me couldn't get through. I ended up in some kind underground of hall where I found this girl and he started to have some fun together (totally random thing).

I just hope the hell thing wasn't a some kind of sign for me or something :no:

Lucid dreams do tend to be lame; your sleeping mind wants to rest and when you can control it that is what it does, so you have peaceful dreams where nothing much happens. At least that is my experience and I like it that way.

Lucid dreams do tend to be lame; your sleeping mind wants to rest and when you can control it that is what it does, so you have peaceful dreams where nothing much happens. At least that is my experience and I like it that way.

If you can control the dream then what you do in the dream after that point determines if its peaceful or exciting. So being lucid gives you the choice. Professor T seems to of had a typical boring scenario and then woke up after the excitement of knowing he was dreaming.

Lucid dreaming does not, at least in my case, imply complete control. Otherwise all you are doing is writing a dull novel. Dreams seem to have a mind of their own and what happens in a lucid dream is more complicated -- the main thing is you know it is a dream and can stop things you don't like by waking up. This is a sledge-hammer sort of control.

Lucid dreaming does not, at least in my case, imply complete control. Otherwise all you are doing is writing a dull novel. Dreams seem to have a mind of their own and what happens in a lucid dream is more complicated -- the main thing is you know it is a dream and can stop things you don't like by waking up. This is a sledge-hammer sort of control.

You might not fully control dream characters actions and things like this but if you are lucid you can control what you do. So with Professor T if he had stayed lucid he could've then flown up to the highest skyscraper and based jumped off it(for an example)and most people would think that was an exciting experience.

I went lucid the other night and tried to swim to the bottom of the deepest darkest ocean. It was not a nice sunny day either so it wasn't inviting in the slightest. I was in the middle of nowhere with no land in sight. I probably could've changed the look of the ocean but I don't bother(I agree that would be kinda dull like you say). So I chose to swim deep because its something I don't enjoy doing because even when I'm lucid its still a scary thing to do. So I do it for an adrenaline rush and to try get over the fear.

I fear the ocean because the first thing I tend to think when I'm in the water is "what else is in the water with me". And when that thought comes into your mind you tend to think of the scary things which then can be instantly created by that thought. So 'what else is with me' can turn into something in an instant. So the ocean to me it a tricky thing to deal with even with full control because of how my subconscious/conscious mind thinks about the ocean. So being lucid for me and choosing to swim to the deepest darkest depths is certainly not peaceful and dull. I do it for the exact opposite reasons.. because it scares the **** outta me and I like the adrenaline rush.

So you are right that they do appear to have a mind of their own but its coming from what's in your mind anyway.

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1

Last night I had a dream involving sasquatch. I can't remember all of it, but apparently sasquatch was not a very nice being and causing some trouble - even hurting people. I remember standing in front of a wall of tools - like in a hardware store - and selecting various hatchets and other dangerous tools which could be used as weapons. I then hiked into the woods where I killed a sasquatch in a hand-to-hand fight by first tumbling under it's attack and severing it's achilles tendon with a hatchet. :gun:

I'm not entirely sure, but I suspect my dream was influenced by watching an episode of Vikings a few days earlier... :unsure2:

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1

My short bouts of Lucidity end with me waking or me having a string of several false awakenings.. I think, from what Kazahel has written, and what I've read about the subject that many lucid dreams offer complete control. Though I do think there's some who can control their lucid dreams from different (higher) layers within the dream.

Here's a weird one..

In this dream I was young, not myself.. I was writing at a word processor, writing a story that probably only consisted of a few pages.. The Weird thing about this was that perceptionally I was the kid, the story, and I was also several wispy ghostly concepts that were floating about being directed and directing what was going on.. The Story, as it was finished was something of a brief outline about the 3 ages of mankind. The kid then proceeded to start writing a story about how someone skipped the middle age of man.. The different wispy or ghostly concepts were in some respect directing the kid in his writing, and in some respect moving about the pages of the story.. The dream was short, but... turbulent... Shifting from perspective to perspective very quickly..

• Like 1

It's true sort of. What you can control in dreams at first is not necessarily what surroundings you find yourself in, but rather you can learn to control the surroundings you find yourself in as they unfold. Instead of fleeting changing phantasmagorical images and things, you can actually learn to "settle down" the dreamscape to be quite manageable, like real life. From there you can try to practice willing yourself places. I am very good at controlling dreams and rendering them as calm and orderly as real life, often [not always]. But when it comes to willing myself places, I've done it a few times and it drains you like a plug pulled out of a bath tub. At least it drains me for sure. And in dreaming your self is different. It doesn't have the same ambitions as your waking self. So I think the exhaustion comes when you try to will your waking self into your dreams. It doesn't belong there and so it makes you heavy, sluggish

The key to calming down the dreamscape you find yourself in is to take fleeting glances only at stuff. When you stare at something, that's when everything starts to melt and change. If you think about it, if you stare at something fixedly while you are awake too, the rest of your surroundings start to melt away and only the object you're staring at is in focus. So just take short glances and look away, look back, look away again. See if that helps.

And also the mistake many hopeful lucid dreamers make is to try to be the same as waking life. You need to be very very light and nimble. Ambivalent, relaxed, unconcerned. And above all not ambitious or lusting for power through dreaming.

Edited by SSilhouette

for me lucid dreaming was the ability to consciously control myself in the dream, the dream sequence and the dreamscape itself doesn't matter I did this all the time when I was young. now that I am older, just being able to remember them is much, much harder

when I had my bout of nightmares many years ago they were very vivid and lasted all night long, or for as long as I was asleep. I always thought this was lucid dreaming because it seemed so real, but I did not have control of myself, it played out the way it would. I did not consciously say, ok, I'm dreaming, now lets do this etc... but at the same time, it did seem like real time. I wasn't aware that I was dreaming, although the themes etc.. were definitely nightmarish. So what would you call this level of dreaming if not lucid?

edit: because my normal dreams are not this way at all, they fall more in line with rem cycles for the most part, like the kind that are vague and easy to forget, hazy etc, not vivid. On occasion I do I get a symbolic type of dream that leaves an impression and then lasts all night long. But never do I get these "lucid" types of dreams anymore, like I used to.

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

I would say that the definition of lucid dreaming is knowing that it's a dream. It like being at a movie -- you get wrapped into it and have no control, but you know it's a movie and can leave at any time.

Elements of control in dreams are possible for many people, so in that way the analogy to a movie doesn't work, but at a minimum just the knowledge that all what is going on is a dream is sufficient to meet the definition of being lucid.

I would say that the definition of lucid dreaming is knowing that it's a dream. It like being at a movie -- you get wrapped into it and have no control, but you know it's a movie and can leave at any time.

Elements of control in dreams are possible for many people, so in that way the analogy to a movie doesn't work, but at a minimum just the knowledge that all what is going on is a dream is sufficient to meet the definition of being lucid.

well I guess mine were just called: They seemed so real. lol

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 2