Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weird dreams thread!

_Ghastly_

This morning I had this strange thing. It was more about waking up. I was dreaming when my alarm went off and at first it started to ring in my head and I suddenly I understand that I am dreaming and I have to wake up. And just before I woke up, I felt poke in my side. It felt like someone or something was trying to wake my up and but the scary thing is that I am alone in my house. This poke was so real... I felt it with my physical body and it wasn't a dream.

Maybe someone have some similar experience? I am just confused now about what it was.

Yea that happens to me too except it's a voice calling my name and telling me to get up. Pretty obvious to me that it is my subconscious sending that message and another part of my brain getting confused and thinking it's sound and so giving me the sensation of the sound.

One time in the middle of the night our dogs were barking away and the same voice woke me up telling me to check on the dogs. I don't know what it was as when I went out there they quieted down. Maybe there was an intruder but the dogs scared him away.

I think my hearing voices like that would no doubt be diagnosed as schizophrenic, except I figure it's just mixed up wiring up there and not real.

I had a dream that a team of airplanes were swooping down and intimidating me and my family. Then they started shooting big cork pellets at us and we had to duck and cover while running to the house.

• Like 1

I dreamed that I put some bread crumbs outside. Then a heard the shed door click and a cheeky little spider came out. It ran towards the crumbs and started eating them.

• Like 1

Going back to the feeling of being poked awake or hearing your name being called, I've been woken up by the wind blowing through my hair in a closed room with no drafts or fans or anything. I was dreaming that I was going down a llooonnngggg water slide, and I could feel the air blowing my hair around. Even as I was waking up, I could still feel the wind.

Also, I'm not sure it's lucid dreaming, but I can sometimes tell when I'm about to leave the dream and start waking up. Does anyone else do this?

• Like 1

Yea that happens to me too except it's a voice calling my name and telling me to get up. Pretty obvious to me that it is my subconscious sending that message and another part of my brain getting confused and thinking it's sound and so giving me the sensation of the sound.

Does the voice scare you or you are used to it? It sounds like unpleasant experience to me, just like the poking was.

I remember one time when I was oversleeping and was late, I suddenly heard a very loud sound like a gun was shot directly next to my brain. It actually felt like the gunshot was made next to my physical head, and not in the dream. But it did it's job I guess because I jumped up in my bed and understand that I am late to job.

• Like 1

Besides being woken by scary situations in dreams…A few other wake-up calls which I’ve experienced have been a voice mentioning my name and telling me to wake –up for breakfast…A message via a telephone where-upon the caller told me it’s my wake-up call…A couple of times I’ve awoken from bad dreams via an alarm clock (round brass wind-up with a hammer ringer) which I don’t actually have…A kiss or a stroke on the side of my face has occasionally woken me…Then there’s the child which calls me mum and wakes me up.

On one occasion when I was asleep and I heard the mum name being used hence I awoke and I thought that I saw the shadowy shape of one of my children standing beside my bed in my dark / unlit bedroom. I was completely exhausted that night so I told the shadowy shape to go back to bed…When morning had broken and the family was together for breakfast I asked my daughters which one of them was it who had come inside my bedroom during the night…My children stared at me with confused looks on their faces and none owned up to being the mum caller.

I recall a few months ago I was woken by a voice that started off in dream and kind of came into my woken perception so woke my up. In the dream I was with a group of people in a room that had a single TV set.. I don't recall all the details as such but the TV spoke to us with a very robotic voice (which is common for me Clairaudiently) We were told "Welcome, please come in, close the blinds, make yourselves comfortable" The voice was loud, electric robotic, and very clear and precise.. This isn't/wasn't some dream voice or thought stream/form.. This was loud perceptively, and commanding. The kind of thing that wakes you and rings in your ears like real audible voice in the room.. The Voice went on to start explaining some venture, some thing that was going to happen, and in the process woke me up..

It's not always a voice though.. Sometimes it's the grating of stone on stone like some grand opening.. Or some dream event that becomes so audibly vivid that it wakes you..

Odd but I was only thinking about those electronic noises with dreams the other week after watching (via you-tube) a Chris De Burgh song Lady in Red…I truly like the sound of Chris De Burgh’s voice however I have sensitive hearing so that particular melody plays havoc with my ear drums…Anyhow! Regarding the strange electronic sounding noises in dreams, I sometimes get them when dreaming about dead folk like in the dream included below:-

25.02.2008: - I had a dream about my mother’s home in the U.K and I was making ice-cream treats for my (deceased) dad, my mum and brother S as well as my daughter J. After that I saw my mums neighbour Jean R walking along the street. Jean walked up to me and she gave me a hug. I then awoke for a few minutes (I heard an electronic buzzing noise inside my head) but I returned to sleep. Lastly! I felt something nudging my thigh and when I looked down and I focused my eyes on whatever it was when I saw a honey coloured pony standing in front of me. I put my hand out to stroke the pony’s face and the pony flicked its head up and turned its muzzle around to the side and I realised that the pony was our highly spirited (deceased) Lucinda.

Lucy died a couple of years prior to that dream and my dad 19 years gone…Yet it was the pony which startled me the most because the nudging effect felt so real.

Edited by Meridian O

That's interesting Meridian O..

I can recall 2 or 3 dreams where my father (deceased) spoke to me with a robotic/electronic voice.. I wonder now if it's not all that uncommon..

I kind of associate the electronic voice, speech or otherwise as being associated with the throat chakra but channeled down through the crown.

Does the voice scare you or you are used to it? It sounds like unpleasant experience to me, just like the poking was.

I remember one time when I was oversleeping and was late, I suddenly heard a very loud sound like a gun was shot directly next to my brain. It actually felt like the gunshot was made next to my physical head, and not in the dream. But it did it's job I guess because I jumped up in my bed and understand that I am late to job.

I don't think I was ever scared by the voice itself, just puzzled and a little worried about my sanity.

Last night the dream theme seems to have been poultry. I think maybe because I had a somewhat heated discussion with my cook that I don't want Australian chicken but native Vietnamese range fed chicken. (No insult to Australia but the chicken they send us here is mostly fat and what is left doesn't have the real "chicken" taste). She had argued that because of fear of bird flue most of the local chicken farmers were doing other things and they were hard to find.

Well anyway there were edible birds all over the place. A field as far as the eye can see was white with chickens and ducks and geese. I walked around and they did as chickens always do and got out of my way with lots of verbal protest.

That reminds me -- we have a delicacy here (I say that because they are expensive) of fried gristles taken from the ends of chicken bones. I love it but of course with my condition now I have to be sure to have a metphormin in me before indulging, and even then only rarely.

Yes the other day I was tapped awake. It was as if somone was urgently patting my legg. I was a bit nervouse there was an intruder, so I cleared the house. ( I have some military style room clearing training). My mother also mentioned she felt a bit weird that early morning aswell.

• Like 1

That's interesting Meridian O..

I can recall 2 or 3 dreams where my father (deceased) spoke to me with a robotic/electronic voice.. I wonder now if it's not all that uncommon..

I kind of associate the electronic voice, speech or otherwise as being associated with the throat chakra but channeled down through the crown.

The dreams where I’ve experienced the automated sounds gave me the impression that it had something to do with vibrational resonance…If I’m remembering it correctly then after such a dream I tend to have a strange low key juddering but light-headed feeling inside my scull, almost like a grating of teeth effect but minus the actual grating of teeth action…May-be there’s something going on with the blood vessels inside my brain or something however so far the automated sounds have mostly occurred with dreams about close family members who have passed on and also with a God dream…The God dream was strange because it was like listening to someone with a booming voice who was trying to talk with a whisper…Totally bizarre!

Yet! The odd experience doesn’t occur with all dead folk dreams…I’ve had dreams about many characters who are known to be departed, from Burt Lancaster to the likes of Genghis Khan so why it only occurs with relatives or other specific types of dreamed up spirit entities I don’t know.

I had a lucid dream the other night where I was cruising around with a dream friend. We were seeing what we could shapeshift into. We tried to shift into a few different things but I forget some of them now. I remember him running on all fours to see what kind of dog he could be and then I tried but I didn't shift into a dog. So I would ask him to tell me what I had looked like after I ran on all fours but he would say I didn't change. I also saw him turn into an iguana and I tried as well by doing a backflip or something but I just fell to the ground.

After awhile I thought stuff this I'm going flying and for some reason I flapped my arms in a slow and smooth manner and started to fly away. I quickly saw myself from a 3rd person view and I think I was a black bird but with a white outline. I'm not sure what kind of bird though(large wings though). And as I flapped my arms slowly I could see my wings flapping from 3rd person. Then the guy said something like "you are a bird".

Edited by Kazahel

This morning I had this strange thing. It was more about waking up. I was dreaming when my alarm went off and at first it started to ring in my head and I suddenly I understand that I am dreaming and I have to wake up. And just before I woke up, I felt poke in my side. It felt like someone or something was trying to wake my up and but the scary thing is that I am alone in my house. This poke was so real... I felt it with my physical body and it wasn't a dream.

Maybe someone have some similar experience? I am just confused now about what it was.

I remember being slapped awake years ago. I felt a nice big slap across the top of my foot - but no one was there. First and only time that has ever happened.

I had a dream months ago, this was early in the morning (before sunrise). I remember seeing my daughter come into my room, and as I was seeing her reach for a switch to turn on my bedroom lamp (in the dream), she had actually come in and clicked on my ceiling light. I heard the click from the switch which woke me, and was blinded by the sudden light. That was pretty neat.

Also, just a few days ago I think I may have had some kind of false awakening. I was so groggy that morning and kept drifting in and out of sleep instead of getting out of bed. At some point I had gone into the bathroom and was just staring at the wall. I could still feel how slow & groggy I was, how heavy my limbs felt. I couldn't do anything, just stare at that wall. Then the thought came to me, that I should really just snap out of it and wake up because I had a lot of things to get done! And then woke up in my bed really confused after.

Sometimes what is going on in the real world has effects on our dreams.

• Like 1

i am being chased by a daytime werewolf fox like beast. as I posted earler in another post how do I fight this thing or call it out it just never gives up I canot prove or dis prove it is a shadow. but thing add up need to know how to prove it is who I think it is.

Edited by leipzig

There is nothing you can do

i am being chased by a daytime werewolf fox like beast. as I posted earler in another post how do I fight this thing or call it out it just never gives up I canot prove or dis prove it is a shadow. but thing add up need to know how to prove it is who I think it is.

There is nothing you can do unless the dream is lucid, in that case just force a wake-up. If you are making decisions what to do (keep running or turn around and face it) then the dream is lucid. Generally in such bad dreams you will awaken anyway or the dream will at the last moment shift elsewhere. If the thing chasing you is somehow real (which I don't for a moment think is possible but just to give every benefit of the doubt) then I would say you have a problem on your hands.

I do not think he is real but one day if the power goes out then I will know for sure.i see things in the house I have a vivid imagination so I think he is not real but idk. also the people these monsters are being atleast 2 of them are real. but they are people I know so idk if my mind is folling me or what.

Edited by leipzig

Last night I dreamed that the missus and I were in a foreign land and whilst doing something like camping out or swimming, some of my clothes disappeared, a top and the right side of 2 pairs of shoes then from outa nowhere about 7 odd fellows came into the dream and I thought they were out to steal more stuff as they went for the missus's pursed but didn't take anything, just looked at the contents.

How ever I was thinking they were thieves and kept my eye on them, wondering if I should accost them all but thinking 7 may be a bit too much, even though I thought I could handle them.

But something made me wait to see what was actually going to happen and they all resolved into Indian type guys or Arabic, wearing white robes with 5 or 7 blue stars embedded in their foreheads and allowed me to peruse each of them individually...

Funny thing was, they were all about 7 feet tall and clearly defined, even after the dream....

• Like 1

I am ****ed I think he or the closet monster is here hiding in my moms room. I keep seeing a red fur figure. help

I think you need to face this and put it in it's place, because if you don't you will always be a slave to libie & the fox. You need the liberation that face this will bring.

Understand that you are bigger, better and stronger than this..

• Like 1

I had a dream last night in which I was not present, which is very odd. I can't remember ever dreaming a story rather than something I'm in before.

• Like 2

I am ****ed I think he or the closet monster is here hiding in my moms room. I keep seeing a red fur figure. help

I know two versions of this. One challenging this and overcoming fear and also challenging it and being overcome with fear. I recommend trying to overcome the fear in a peaceful and observant space allowing the situation to transform because you have found this peacefulness... but if you are overtaken with fear you can pray and let god handle it for you. Ive seen both ways work. Good luck.

• Like 1