Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weird dreams thread!

_Ghastly_

I had a dream last night in which I was not present, which is very odd. I can't remember ever dreaming a story rather than something I'm in before.

part of you must have been present? Otherwise you'd have no memory of it..

Don't you mean you had a dream where you were just an observer? I have them a lot..

I suppose I was an observer -- that is the only way to think of it -- but I have no part of the dream of me observing. The events just happened, and now I've pretty much forgotten them, although if I think about it tonight I will remember tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

I find that the dreams where you're just an observer can be interesting, but they seem to lack emotion, feeling, sensations.. There's a numbness to the dream that gives it a "been watching a boring film" kind of feel to it on waking.. Also these, I find, are difficult to remember because I haven't really played a role other than observer..

They can be memorable though, the imagery can be quite surreal if mine are anything to go by..

Two nights ago I dreamt that me and family had gone on holiday. It was really nice, with a funfair, cool rides, stalls selling snacks, parties and other things to see. There was always a big metal fence close by to barricade another site. Then I realised we were next door to Pripyat :cry: So I took photos and wondered what everyone would think of me having gone there.

Strange that I should dream about that place. Now stranger still got a letter asking if I want to join a charity about kids from the Chernobyl disaster. Perhaps it's something meaningful? I'm considering joining the charity now because due to that dream I feel the cosmos is guiding me to it.

Edited by Rogue Suga
  • Like 1

The most awesome "strange" dreams for me are the flying ones. I just lift my arms and there I go, sometimes im using something similar to a jet pack and others I'm nude just streaking <pun> through the sky. :w00t:

Edited by jamesjr191

last night I was at my old house and after calling out the monster in my closet and warning him if he attacked I would destroy him here. all I heard was his breathing. I also had a dream once where I met Mariah carey and nemesea. I saw motograter preforming songs. I went to heaven and hell mostly hell a few times. and I see my friend from my ol hebiorhood.

I had a dream in which I was being chased by I don't know what ( I never saw it). what ever it was what ever it was, it was using the Dreamscape against me preventing me from escaping by altering the dreamscape,( or so it seemed) I was herded into a dead end so in order to escape I had to walk through a wall. so I did so, I passed through the wall as a last resort and found myself in a Dr Suess type land scape very strange trees and strange non human type people, the people in it were definitely not human. I stood there and stared for a moment then something grabbed me by the shirt at the back of the neck and said "you do not belong here( name), this isn't your dream and you need to leave" and I was yanked backwards into the wall I being as I was still trying to get away from whatever was chasing me I struggled and in doing so hit my head on the wall I woke up instead of passing back through the wall

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For the last few weeks I regularly see this war themed dream. Usually it's the same, I am at some room, looking thru the window and then some jet planes fly by and suddenly neighbor houses start to blow up. Every time I am at different place and there is different view from the window, but story is the same.

In past 2 or 3 weeks I have seen this dream for like 5 or 6 times. After first few times I didn't pay any attention to this but now I start to get worried. It's not like I would play violent games, watch movies or thing about war at all, but these dreams just keep coming :/

• Like 1

For the last few weeks I regularly see this war themed dream. Usually it's the same, I am at some room, looking thru the window and then some jet planes fly by and suddenly neighbor houses start to blow up. Every time I am at different place and there is different view from the window, but story is the same.

In past 2 or 3 weeks I have seen this dream for like 5 or 6 times. After first few times I didn't pay any attention to this but now I start to get worried. It's not like I would play violent games, watch movies or thing about war at all, but these dreams just keep coming :/

I've had some similar dreams of late.. Am curious, does your neighbor keep birds? doves, Pigeons, something of that nature?

I was reminded of a recent dream of war-planes in the sky above me by a flock of sea-gulls.. Am wondering of there's a similar thread in your dreams.

• Like 1

Last night I had a dream that I fell in love with my worst enemy.

I try to think I have a good heart and all that, and you might catch me saying "I don't hate anybody". But if someone were to ask: who do you hate the most? I would have immediately thought of him. If you asked me that today I would have to remember the dream I had last night. I have had previous dreams of this person as a monster, several times actually. It's pretty remarkable. You'd think I'd hate or be scared of that dream but I think it is symbolic and I like it. I probably won't tell that person about it but in my mind I will remember the significance.

• Like 2

There have been a handful of people I have met that I really, truly, genuinely didn't like. They are not my enemies; they are not in my life; I went elsewhere. I think maybe tonight I'm going to have to see if I can get them together for a dream chat. Fur may fly.

I've had some similar dreams of late.. Am curious, does your neighbor keep birds? doves, Pigeons, something of that nature?

I was reminded of a recent dream of war-planes in the sky above me by a flock of sea-gulls.. Am wondering of there's a similar thread in your dreams.

No, no birds. Just the ones who fly by my house time to time. It's just so strange... every time in this dream I am in a different place, only one time I was in my actual house. There have small houses and skyscrapers blown by these planes. And every time I just walk by window and feel this strange calmness inside, while everything is blowing up around. I just don't know... I start to worry about this a bit :/

I used to have a dream every so often (haven't had it lately thankfully) where I would be sleeping on my back and then my legs would be straight up in the air as if some invisible hands had grabbed them by the ankles and pulled straight up. It felt so real...I would try to wake up to see if they really were in the air, then I would have a false awakening, and sure enough, they were in the air, and then when I woke up for real, they were back in the bed where they should have been. So I still don't know if my legs were in the air or not...I sure hope not, that would be scary.

No, no birds. Just the ones who fly by my house time to time. It's just so strange... every time in this dream I am in a different place, only one time I was in my actual house. There have small houses and skyscrapers blown by these planes. And every time I just walk by window and feel this strange calmness inside, while everything is blowing up around. I just don't know... I start to worry about this a bit :/

There's nothing to be worried about in this.. The calmness of the dreams is telling..

IMO reoccurring dreams are trying to tell you something, something you are missing, a fact of life or facet of your life that is being either ignored or misinterpreted.. houses/skyscrapers & the like tends to represent people.. Seeing them from another house may represent moving locations.. Their destruction may represent the termination of friendships or acquaintances, It may well be that in life you are presented with a lot of people who through your work or dealings you have to befriend then forget.. Who knows... needless to say, IMO it's got nothing to do with war and blowing up houses..

• Like 1

There's nothing to be worried about in this.. The calmness of the dreams is telling..

IMO reoccurring dreams are trying to tell you something, something you are missing, a fact of life or facet of your life that is being either ignored or misinterpreted.. houses/skyscrapers & the like tends to represent people.. Seeing them from another house may represent moving locations.. Their destruction may represent the termination of friendships or acquaintances, It may well be that in life you are presented with a lot of people who through your work or dealings you have to befriend then forget.. Who knows... needless to say, IMO it's got nothing to do with war and blowing up houses..

Thank you a lot for this information! I will have some things to think about now...

I keep dreaming about the same amusement park. It's a different ride every time. Once a super tall roller coster. Once a water ride. A few more that I don't remember. Last night I broke into the park after hours. I climbed to the top of the bungee jump. I don't remember if I jumped or not. I do remember later in the dream I almost got caught. I lay down in the grass behind the gate in time to see the guard walking around to find me but couldn't so he left.

In my dream somebody brought me tuna to eat and asked if I had seen where was Owlsa lately.

I had a strange lucid dream last night.

I dreamt I was at my old primary school on the oval. There was an angel there who had something to do with the 98 Ibrahams(whatever that means). The angel was doing something bad but I cant remember what it was. It also had something to do with a sword because I wrote that down but I don't remember now. His name was Abadias and I woke up after the dream at 5am to write down the name. It's not a name I've ever heard of before so I wanted to know what it meant in the morning and didn't want to forget it.

Anyway I knew I was dreaming enough to call the name out so to get him to come to me. I stood on the oval and vibrated the name and someone asked me "why do you call his name?". I couldn't see who asked but it was as if I should be afraid to call it. I said to them something like "because I want him to 'come at me brah" (variation of come at me bro). I said it in a mocking manner like how these words are used by the youth of today. So I wanted to fight him because of what he was doing but not in a way to kill or hurt him. It was strange though because it was like I knew he was an angel but it felt like we were brothers or something. Like we were the same.

So I vibrate the name and then the scene went completely black and I felt this was from Abadias as his way of attacking(or defending). So I reached into the blackness and grabbed what I felt was an arm and I locked it up with both my arms and then I used my legs to wrap around his other arm and basically pinned him down in a weird wrestling kind of move.

After that the scene went colourful but I cant remember what I saw. I ended up playing guitar and improvising a song which I think ended that dream.

The rest of my dreams were pretty much lucid and flying around. I flew above my old primary school and I set myself on fire as I was flying. When I did that the quadrangle filled with water about 2 meters deep and it boiled which was strange. So the fire from me made the water form and boil. Then later I dreamt I was flying to Abu Dhabi at night time and I was using the stars to help me get there. It was like they formed a path to follow. I was very high up because I could see the shadow of a satellite or space station or something forming on the clouds.

St. Abaidas (also known as Abadias) Prayers

St. Abaidas prayer for help and thanksgiving. Are you facing a challenging situation or had a great blessing? A simple prayer to St. Abaidas reminds us that nothing is impossible with God. Patron saints like St. Abaidas is regarded as the intercessor and advocate in heaven of a family, person, place, nation, activity, or clan.

Are you Coptic?

St. Abaidas (also known as Abadias) Prayers

St. Abaidas prayer for help and thanksgiving. Are you facing a challenging situation or had a great blessing? A simple prayer to St. Abaidas reminds us that nothing is impossible with God. Patron saints like St. Abaidas is regarded as the intercessor and advocate in heaven of a family, person, place, nation, activity, or clan.

Are you Coptic?

Hmm interesting thankyou. I'm not Coptic or anything really. I was trying to find out meanings of the name this morning and found this link. I typed in 'Abadias meaning' into google.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abadias

Is this the same? I pronounced it Aba di( I as in eye) as, in the dream.

I noticed when I was reading that link it said something about the "hundred prophets".

"Obadiah is supposed to have received the gift of prophecy for having hidden the "hundred prophets"" (in a cave or something)

Which I found interesting because in my dream there was something to do with 98 Ibrahams. (Ibrahims?)

It was an interesting dream though because the name was very clear. Later after that dream I also dreamt of being in a bank or something in America with another person and we robbed it and took a secret underground way out(a slide). There was a large cross there that looked similar to the orthodox cross but it didn't have the small line crossing the top. So it was like a capital T but with the diagonal line passing through it towards the bottom. On the cross was Christ but as if it was all made of a black metal and setup like an attraction, behind a rope or something. And when you spoke through a microphone it made the mouth of Christ move as if He(and you) was speaking. So it was this weird politically incorrect thing and was odd to see. I mainly took note of the type of cross it was.

Edited by Kazahel

My dream last night was weird.... I was at a waterside restaurant with two other family members. The restaurant had new owners, as the previous owners who were two men, and also fishermen were in jail for murdering 2 female customers. We found this info out as we walked past the table and chairs and chatted with the new female owner who was telling us all about it.

Apparently, the bodies of the women were thrown into the water just off the board walk where the seats and tables were.

I walked over to have a look into the water, and remember thinking how shallow it was, and how the bodies must have been so easily seen.

I remember asking the new owner," how do the customers feel that there had once been two bodies floating in the water just down from where they eat"

She replied...".well they don't really know about this. We now put the children's tables and chairs on that side where the bodies were found, so as not to bring any attention to it" :unsure2:

Anyway's, I don't remember the rest of the dream.....and I have nooo! idea why I had such a strange dream, let alone what my subconscious was trying to tell me ? ? :innocent:

Yes the other day I was tapped awake. It was as if somone was urgently patting my legg. I was a bit nervouse there was an intruder, so I cleared the house. ( I have some military style room clearing training). My mother also mentioned she felt a bit weird that early morning aswell.

When I was just a kid, I used to experience what felt like a fish or a cold hand flopping or feeling around where my feet were when I was sleeping. I'm not sure if it was just imagination or was half-asleep but it seemed pretty real at the time. I remember I would stomp my feet on it sometimes and then it would stop but other times, it would still continue...

I used to have a reoccurring nightmare where I would be in a room full of people and it was entirely noisy however, I didn't know anyone there so I was just observing. After awhile, I noticed that the noise subsided and all together stopped and that's when I noticed that the people had now turned into cardboard cut-outs and in some cases mannequins. Each one of them had weird exaggerated expressions on them and the ones that were cardboard cut-outs were able to move their head like the head had been cut out and put on a spring so the head would be bobbing around side to side or around and around. There was a low drone of noise going on in the background and it made a crescendo into a roaring laughter coming from these things. I can remember trying to run away and it seemed like I was in a hotel with lots of doors down a hallway and behind all the doors was more of these things laughing. I can't remember if I got away or not but usually the dream ends right about there...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abadias

Is this the same? I pronounced it Aba di( I as in eye) as, in the dream.

I'm not sure they are the same. Your's makes more sense. It's hard to find any information online. The research into it would be interesting, as would the resulting meaning of the dream. I don't believe dreams like that are just imagery of our own minds trying to tell us something. Those dreams are more like mine with the amusement park.

I used to have lucid dreams frequently and would meet one person who was a distance away in our dreams. I can no longer do either. I'm working on getting back to it but I have blocked myself off from all intuitiveness, empathicness (if those are actually words), and self-awareness for some reason and cannot currently find the key.