Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weird dreams thread!

_Ghastly_

When I was much much younger I used to have a reocurring dream that would drive me crazy, Always on a roller coaster and always the same roller coaster. It would slowly click its way to the top of the track, drop down and hit top speed and then at the first hump I just fly out of the coaster and drop always waking up right before hitting the ground and it would always feel like I just had an impact with my bed. Really a mind**** when I was younger, now I just have strange dreams about being in cities, homes, and general areas I've never really encountered and usually with people I am not familiar with. Strange how dreams work, wish I understood what their signifigance was.

• Like 1

When I was much much younger I used to have a reocurring dream that would drive me crazy, Always on a roller coaster and always the same roller coaster. It would slowly click its way to the top of the track, drop down and hit top speed and then at the first hump I just fly out of the coaster and drop always waking up right before hitting the ground and it would always feel like I just had an impact with my bed. Really a mind**** when I was younger, now I just have strange dreams about being in cities, homes, and general areas I've never really encountered and usually with people I am not familiar with. Strange how dreams work, wish I understood what their signifigance was.

In a previous life you may have died on a roller coaster. I've found in my own experience that recurring dreams like that are often a shock imprint from a death experience. May not be. I've had dreams of my own death in various ways of at least 3 lives. One from illness and heartbreak after losing two of my children falling off a steep precipice; and thereafter being disowned by my husband and his family who blamed me. One from drowning in a tsunami wave with a whole village I lived with. And one from a gunshot wound to the chest in New York in the theater district.

In a previous life you may have died on a roller coaster. I've found in my own experience that recurring dreams like that are often a shock imprint from a death experience. May not be. I've had dreams of my own death in various ways of at least 3 lives. One from illness and heartbreak after losing two of my children falling off a steep precipice; and thereafter being disowned by my husband and his family who blamed me. One from drowning in a tsunami wave with a whole village I lived with. And one from a gunshot wound to the chest in New York in the theater district.

If that is the case then I've had to have lived an incredible amount of lives. I've been shot, stabbed, drowned, burned, and died many other uncomfortable ways in my dreams. Usually the violence is inflicted by a masked individual and for some reason I always wake up right before the mystery masked individual unveils their identity. Admittedly it's been a while since I've had one of those dreams, nowadays I don't sleep much so I don't dream much.

Reminds me about a dream that I had in 2011 where I suddenly appeared in a dimly lit setting and I was fighting with an Angel which appeared to be completely black due to the faint light. The angel and I had a tight grip of each other’s wrists however I managed to free one hand and I plunged a silver knife inside the angel’s side. As soon as I stabbed the angel I felt a sharp pain in my own side and then I realised that the angel which I was fighting was me…Like a shadow self.

A recurring nightmare that I’ve experienced in past years which felt like it was about a past life at the time was about a quarry…My dream would begin with me walking somewhere in an outdoors setting then I would wander towards a quarry where I would suddenly be overwhelmed by fear…One of those quarry dreams had me walking along a street which I was familiar with (long before the dream and when living in another country) in actual life. The street has a German name and I exited the street when I passed a church named St. Francis and then I headed towards a quarry where I had my scary wake-up call.

That particular dream theme did have me seriously wondering about past lives but now that the current Pope is called Francis I’m having a rethink about that dream…I recently discovered that the street with the German name is actually my maiden name when translated to English…Hence I’m wondering if the dream was actually a clue about the time period of my impending death.

I had a doozy last night.

To keep things short, it was a nightmare where me and a friend were running through a space station, being chased by a number of different scary things: robots, aliens, zombies, etc.

This dream had 2 different "false awakenings" so I guess I was like at least 3 levels deep into dream. The end of the dream was me telling a group of people about the dream, thinking it was over, until I got suspicious that I was still dreaming. I was.

I had a doozy last night.

To keep things short, it was a nightmare where me and a friend were running through a space station, being chased by a number of different scary things: robots, aliens, zombies, etc.

This dream had 2 different "false awakenings" so I guess I was like at least 3 levels deep into dream. The end of the dream was me telling a group of people about the dream, thinking it was over, until I got suspicious that I was still dreaming. I was.

I think that would be referrred to as the first or second gate of dreaming: where you are becoming slowly aware of the fact that you are dreaming. The second stage involves that waking into another dream.. and then being aware that something is amiss...and you are still dreaming. Good progress. When you find yourself aware that you are dreaming in your dream like that, begin taking short glances at things but don't really focus. It's a form of protection so you don't get sucked away by too much focus and also a way to calm the scenery down where what you're experiencing feels more and more organized & concrete and less chaotic.

Reminds me about a dream that I had in 2011 where I suddenly appeared in a dimly lit setting and I was fighting with an Angel which appeared to be completely black due to the faint light. The angel and I had a tight grip of each other’s wrists however I managed to free one hand and I plunged a silver knife inside the angel’s side. As soon as I stabbed the angel I felt a sharp pain in my own side and then I realised that the angel which I was fighting was me…Like a shadow self.

A recurring nightmare that I’ve experienced in past years which felt like it was about a past life at the time was about a quarry…My dream would begin with me walking somewhere in an outdoors setting then I would wander towards a quarry where I would suddenly be overwhelmed by fear…One of those quarry dreams had me walking along a street which I was familiar with (long before the dream and when living in another country) in actual life. The street has a German name and I exited the street when I passed a church named St. Francis and then I headed towards a quarry where I had my scary wake-up call.

That particular dream theme did have me seriously wondering about past lives but now that the current Pope is called Francis I’m having a rethink about that dream…I recently discovered that the street with the German name is actually my maiden name when translated to English…Hence I’m wondering if the dream was actually a clue about the time period of my impending death.

Sounds like you have some inner conflict about recognizing your own subconscious dark side. Everybody has a subconscious dark side, I am not kidding on that, mostly they don't realize it is really there. The dark side doesn't have anything to do with 'an evil empire' or whatever. It is a catch-all bin in the subconscious that collects all of the strange or graphic images you might have seen, albeit in a fiction read, and your fears [no matter how imaginary] that visit you in the night. Some people can visit this psychological dark side and know what is actually in there. The angel in your dream might indicate that you have mostly good intentions and would not know how to recognize the dark side of your subconscious if it bit you on the butt. Cool though seeing yourself as an angel. Keep on.

Lucid dreaming (I only recently -- well a couple years ago and at my age that is quite recent) learned to call it that. Everyone should try to learn to do it, but I don't know how to explain it.

Anyway I have lots of repetitive dreams, sort of on request. Mostly they are just peaceful places and quiet friendliness (too much noise and you wake up). I can lay there and imagine all sorts of nice things, and then my body wakes me up telling me I have business to attend to (an aging bladder) and I become aware of the pillows and sheets and so on while the dream continues and fades out and I wake up.

I have a bad tendency to fall out of bed, and it is amazing how the dream accommodates that. I know what has happened and I can feel the cold hard floor, but it is all so pleasantly resolved that I feel no stress (of course a few bruises on my knees and elbow testify otherwise). My dream knows to pull a pillow down with me and protect my head.

Well anyway I could rattle on and on -- this is one of my favorite subjects. Do try to learn to be lucid when asleep. I think controlling dreams is a good way to keep stress levels down while you sleep and get better more refreshing sleep.

It's taken a while, but I've now had a lucid dream that lasted more than one or two seconds.. I agree with Frank.. More people should learn this... Actually, taking this to a new level, I'd go so far as to say people need to learn more about consciousness and themselves.. It's all we really have, and we've all done little if nothing to promote higher states of consciousness except invent synthetic highs.. Bah..!

Sounds like you have some inner conflict about recognizing your own subconscious dark side. Everybody has a subconscious dark side, I am not kidding on that, mostly they don't realize it is really there. The dark side doesn't have anything to do with 'an evil empire' or whatever. It is a catch-all bin in the subconscious that collects all of the strange or graphic images you might have seen, albeit in a fiction read, and your fears [no matter how imaginary] that visit you in the night. Some people can visit this psychological dark side and know what is actually in there. The angel in your dream might indicate that you have mostly good intentions and would not know how to recognize the dark side of your subconscious if it bit you on the butt. Cool though seeing yourself as an angel. Keep on.

You’re probably right on about the dark-side / inner-conflicts.

I tend to consider myself agnostic however in my dreams I happily mingle with dead folk, angels, reapers and God…No wonder I’m so confused.

Not the first time I’ve been tormented with the Angel title in a dream either…Maybe I’m a fallen one eh! :innocent:

In one portion of a dream last night a light-bulb blew, and I found myself in darkness. It was very inconvenient for me at the time, so I went to great effort in replacing the light bulb rather than anything else.. I got a ladder, I got a new bulb.. The room was lit by several half light bulbs, and I was running the risk of an electric shock by screwing a new bulb into a live socket.... But here's the weird bit.. The New Bulb was already physically hot as though it knew it was going to be hot, or as if it was the bulb I had just removed..

On recall I found this interesting..

Had a very interesting lucid dream last night. Started out with me being in an abandoned factory of some kind (actually have one near my home). Every time I'd move my hand loose debris would move, mostly leaves and dirt. Eventual I could move bricks with this motion. Reaching out a grabbing them. Tossing them where I wanted them to do. Then the dream shifts. I walk past a train track, over a stairway and kept walking, Ended up in a building with some weights (10, 20, and a 100 pound dumbbell). Started levitating them, holding them for long periods of time. Eventually I'd have to break because of the headache I'd get (actually woke up with one). Time passes (I guess) and I'm at the beach someone's juggling apple and I start moving them around, tossing them at great speed. Basically showing off. Before I woke up my body felt so weak but my mind so strong.

Edited by XenoFish

I dreamed I was in Tokyo's Narita airport and came to a place with two escalators, both going down, and no stairs. Odd, the Japanese are more efficient than that.

So a crowd of people had accumulated with no way to get up. I looked at it awhile and then realized all I had to do was fly up. Do I did. The others around saw this and applauded and then all did the same thing. It was then all, "Why didn't I think of that."

Had a mind boggler last night.. I dreampt of these people in a glass space station over a dying world. The station/ ships, it was all made of glass or some kind of perspex.. Machines started to whirl into action, giant centrifuges where the people hung in pods.. It was to be their transport away from their dying world where light was fading away.. There was confusion in the end, the machines whirled into life then stopped and crashed back into the station.. About 20 people died, but they died in a most peculiar way. They transformed into plant-like people, with fronds and curious green and leafy tentacles like some kind of sea weed growing out of their deceased bodies.. I guess they weren't human after all.

Weird....... but in a way, beautiful and poignant way..

I conjured up Einstein last night 'cause of a discussion we were having on another board about what he believed about God. So I asked him if he knew now. He smiled and said no. Then he gave me that stupid analogy of life being like an onion out of the movie and said existence was like that too.

Now I'm sure the real Einstein was smarter than that, and I think I am too, so if it was neither the real Einstein nor myself I was talking too I have to wonder.

I just had a dream that my brain slid out of my head and fell behind the sofa. It was horrible. I picked it up and these two quirky doctors came from the hospital and said 'Come on to the hospital now to die.'

I also dreamed that I killed the nicest guy I know and ate him and disposed of his skin in a field.

These types of dreams are accompanied by a bad sleep.

I conjured up Einstein last night 'cause of a discussion we were having on another board about what he believed about God. So I asked him if he knew now. He smiled and said no. Then he gave me that stupid analogy of life being like an onion out of the movie and said existence was like that too.

Now I'm sure the real Einstein was smarter than that, and I think I am too, so if it was neither the real Einstein nor myself I was talking too I have to wonder.

But he was right though. He answered you accurately. The point being that we are not supposed to know about the other layers until we turn them over. Otherwise all hell would break loose. You just have to trust me on that one.

• Like 1

I woke the other morning, in a gloomy streetlight lit house & bed that I wasn't familiar with.. the room was not one I've ever seen before, and though I didn't see it, I somehow knew I was in the suburds of a foreign city, and the body I'd woken in was not my own... Some doors away a child yelled and footsteps thudded.. A door slammed shut..

For a moment I just lay there thinking WTF.. Where am I? Who am..........? Then slowly that dawning WTF feeling subsided as I realized I was also stirring in my sleep in my real body.. And that lucid feeling slid away and I exited that foreign reality and returned to the one I'm in now...

That was freaky...

I dreamt that my boyfriend built a fantastic rocket. I remember the pair of us putting on overalls and going off into outer space. Then when we came back, it felt all like a dream! He wanted us to go away in space for a second time. I remember the rocket looked like a wooden tree house inside, with doors and staircases. There was a control room at the top, where a big computer desk in front of a window and two swivel seats. I remember the engine chambers had the apparance of closets. I had photographs of myself in my astronauts coveralls on in the rocket compartment that I uploaded on FB for all to see.

Then we went up a second time. I worked on the control panel and found myself playing Candy Crush and other games. I decided to go off and do some shopping, while a second other part of me was in the rocket.

I woke up feeling really disappointed that this was all a dream! :sleepy:

I had a funny dream last night where I was in a completely white area and I could see a being/image of William Blakes The Great Red Dragon. He was standing up with wings out like in the painting but I think facing me. Then he closed his wings and crouched down and kind of made himself as if in a ball. When he did this there was nothing else there and you could really notice the white and how there was nothing really in the white. Hard to word fully but it was boring when he crouched and closed his wings. It was as if meant to be heaven and the dragon was not but heaven looked very dull because it was just white. Almost like typing on this page with words and the white of this page is considered heaven.

Anyway then he stood up again and stretched out as in the famous painting and I moved closer and could see the universe in his body. So I could see stars and galaxies fully covering his golden/yellow body. It looked much more interesting than heaven which was surrounding him and me. So I dove into his body and then found myself flying around the universe and I spent the rest of the dream just enjoying flying around. I remember thinking that anything that even used a body was considered not heaven because heaven was purely this white area.

It was a strange dream and I'm not sure why I dreamt it.

• Like 1

Kazahel, you have the best dreams.

Just before waking up today I was standing in what appeared to be a well-kept garden although I didn’t see much of the garden. I was standing in a shaded area and on a path that ran towards and through a high hedge which straddled both sides of this path. Beyond the hedge opening / archway there appeared to be another garden with lawns and a pagoda type structure however I wasn’t able to see much of this other part of the garden because it was partially blocked by the figures of two men who were walking along the path towards me. The men were both wearing completely black morning suits with cravat ties and top hats. The man on the left side looked to be in his twenties and he had slightly long - jet black hair. I awoke before I observed the other man properly.

Not sure if I was at a wedding or a funeral however I felt that it may have been the latter.

This morning's last dream had me in a familiar spot at the end of the road where I live, but the location was slowly morphing into a nuclear facility, where I was volunteering to help with some kind of clean up job.. Everyone had to sign their names to proceed into the plant, but when it came to my turn the woman got confused, said I'd already signed, then pointed to a woman's name.. It took some time to get it sorted and sign in, and by the time I was ready to proceed, everyone else had already taken a "special" door into the plant..

So I went into this room to open the door, behind which I could hear machinery, whirring of motors, clunking.. The room though, was very strange. The floor slanted down towards the door at a 45 to 50 degree angle, and the door & 1/3rd of the room was submerged in clear cold looking water.. Slowly I walked forward to the door, expecting there to be a button to press (there was a green one in the door).. As I walked forward, the 45 degree angle slope snapped up in slats to form steps.. Then the water around the door bubbled and gushed upwards, and the door slid up and open in a boil of water.. (Image was incredibly clear)

Surprised, I walked forward, but then the door slammed shut.. Then partially slid up and opened... Then slammed down shut again.. Surprised I watched the door continue to partially open, then close, then open, then close... I watched it thinking Great, I'll have to run for it and time my run.. So, I watched and waited, and judged the rhythm of the chomping door like one watches the rhythm of waves on a shore.. The door never opened fully, but did stay open the longest on it's 4th or 5th chomp..

Eventually I darted down the slope and through the door on it's longest yawning opening.. But oh cr*p.. I'd expected the door to be maybe 2 or 3 inches thick.. Not 3 or 4 meters deep! So I ran for it, crouched down, expecting the deep chomper to get me, but it didn't.. I slid into a hallway on the other side, to find myself in this factory like area, clean, pristine.. to my left a hallway, ahead of me the walls opened out into a gulf of dark empty space and a tall building in the distance.. The walkway beyond was like a conveyor belt.. Slowly I became lucid.. Then woke..

Damn freaky door dream..

One of mine today…

I was walking along a street which looked cold and white so I had the impression that there was snow about although I didn’t feel cold and there was an absence of a crunchy or slushy texture beneath my feet…I also appeared to have a companion with me who was walking near my right-hand side although I didn’t know who I was with, just that my friend was a female who was smaller in stature than me.

I had just walked past a big grey coloured building which had a about ten or more steps leading up towards the main entrance when I noticed two people walking towards me from the other direction. The other pedestrians were walking to the left of me and on a closer approach I recognised them both as being Queen Elizabeth the 2nd and her grandson Harry.

Elizabeth acknowledged me with a smile and then she said something in passing regarding the area where I was heading towards which she described as being pleasant.

After that! I passed by the Queen but then I heard a cry of distress so I looked behind and I saw that she had fallen down while climbing the steps of the big building and she had hurt her left leg.

I offered the Queen my assistance however she refused at first but I held out my right hand and I persisted with the offer...The Queen relented and she allowed me to take a hold of her left arm while someone else seized her right arm and the Queen was lifted back up onto her feet.

I then helped the Queen to walk (limp) inside the building where she was then assisted by some butlers who ushered her into a back room however before I left the building, the Queen shown gratitude for my help and she told me that I can tell the people who live on the hillside that they can eat the Llama’s.

The Queens message had puzzled me however I continued on with my walk along the path outside.

During my walk I rubbed my thumb against my fingers because I realised that the skin on my hands felt rough compared to the queens hands which felt soft.

I then came across an area of country side where I observed a field with a big barn / shed which was situated near the fence-line and close to a main road. I wandered inside the shed and I discovered that it was being used as a shelter by homeless people. The people were more like ordinary families who were so desperate for somewhere to stay that they were sharing the dishevelled barn with a camel and a few wooden crates.

I then relayed the Queens’ message to the barn people and I explained that I didn’t understand what she meant by the Llama’s but if it was really about the camel then I don’t think that she’d mind if you ate that instead.

The homeless people looked surprised in a joyful way and one of the men said that he knew what was meant and then he went outside.

Moments later! A man entered the shed and he was pulling behind him a flat trolley which was laden with meat burgers…There were so many burgers that the man had left overs which he took out side.

I watched the man from the shed window and I noticed a yellow taxi pull up outside beside the path-way curb…The man entered the taxi with the remaining burgers and I was told by one of the other homeless people that he was heading into the city to share the meat with the people there.

Edited by Meridian O