Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weird dreams thread!

_Ghastly_

To this day, my most favourite dream (and also the dream that brought me to UM) involved flying and trees. I was in the woods, in winter flew up into one of the trees and could feel everything so intensely. I ran my fingers across a branch and noted how cool it was. How rough and dry the bark felt. And also thought to myself, "you're going to wake up and think this was just a dream..."

Flying is my go to whenever I'm lucid. Hasn't happened in a while though unfortunately.

• Like 4

this night I dreamed of an orca, he came to me said "hello" then I petted him. I was really excited. Then I decided to ride him. I sat on his back and he began to swim. But after the excitment I got a bit scared because he decided to dive. He then dove, after some seconds I wanted to get off of him, but I couldnt I was stuck on his back under water. I lost my conscousness and drifted underwater, I could barly keep my eyes open and saw througth the corner of my eyes his teeth and white things flooting in the water. Thats all.

• Like 3

To this day, my most favourite dream (and also the dream that brought me to UM) involved flying and trees. I was in the woods, in winter flew up into one of the trees and could feel everything so intensely. I ran my fingers across a branch and noted how cool it was. How rough and dry the bark felt. And also thought to myself, "you're going to wake up and think this was just a dream..."

Flying is my go to whenever I'm lucid. Hasn't happened in a while though unfortunately.

This reminded me of a dream I had sometime last year. My family and I were on vacation somewhere like Central America--pretty heavy tropical rainforest. The resort had all the usual attractions: ziplining, rock climbing, and the key one here, nature hikes. I was on a guided nature hike with a bunch of other people when the guide stopped at a cliff edge and pointed out a huge tree right next to the cliff. The cliff was several hundred feet high, and the tree kept going from the fog layer below us way up past the top of the cliff. The guide said, "There's a rumor that this is the actual Tree of Life. It's supposed to no actually have a base. I"m going to find out!" and jumped off the cliff. Of course, I jumped off behind him, because I wanted to find out too. I fell down, went into the fog layer, and never actually hit the ground. Instead, my fall slowed down, and I started falling upward, back through the fog. I went up way over the cliff, as either branches moved out of my way or I was able to control the direction of my upward fall, and the tree kept going up. On the underside of one of the branches I saw my cousins. Higher up, the branches turned into stone blocks, and and were much more tightly packed. I smashed my shoulder into one of the stone blocks and passed out, tumbling upward as it turned into a third-person point of view. I watched myself fall up and thought, "So now nobody will ever know what's at the top or bottom of the Tree of Life, or even if that was the Tree of Life." Fade out and wake up. Some odd symbolism there, and I have no idea if it means anything.

• Like 3

Last night I dreamed of going through a haunted house type of place, but it was solely full of Zombies. You open the door and enter into this extremely eerie lighted room and immediately are "attacked" by screaming zombies. The goal was to make it through the house, while the zombies were aggressively stalking you and hiding around every corner. I knew they weren't real of course, that they were just people dressed up - but holy **** it was terrifying!

Then the dream shifted and the "zombie house" was being operated from inside of my house. I'm trying to put my kid's to bed and there are zombies in the other rooms screaming at people. I walked over to the ticket lady to find out what time they are open until, because I want my kids to go to bed. :lol: I was so annoyed when she shrugged and said around 12 or one a.m.

I've had too much Halloween.

• Like 4

I used to be a lucid dreamer. For whatever reason I stopped dreaming lucidly and stopped remembering my dreams at all for the last few years. I recently started taking my medication at night instead of in the morning because it causes a weird side effect that makes me yawn incessantly for hours. Well turns out another weird side effect when taken at night is vivid dreams and most report nightmares. So yay I got my dreams back, boo most of them are bad. I've figured out that the common theme of the dreams is abandonment. Here is last night's dream:

I was sick so my husband took me to the hospital. We had a long wait for me to be seen. While waiting we went to the cafeteria to get something to eat. My best friend in high school showed up and invited us to a gathering of some sorts at a local college. The college just happened to be sort of connected to the hospital. My friend from school went with me to the college and my husband had left before us. We wandered the halls of the school for a while. I have been to this school many times before in my dreams but never in real life. Weird how places repeat themselves. Anyway, the school was more like a high school. I knew the halls because I had been there before and I started searching for my husband. My friend is gone at this point. I make my way to the outside of the school at the back entrance and start to walk around the side to the front. There is a horse farm beside the school and I think how beautiful it is. Then I get a horrible gut feeling. I feel like my husband has gone off with some girl and left me here alone, sick. I decide to go home and start crawling on all 4s down the side walk because I'm so weak. While crawling I come across my bag that my husband had carried into the hospital for me. I know at that moment he is cheating on me and I'm determined to catch him. I make my way up to our house and slowly and quietly open the front door. I tiptoe through the house and quietly open the bedroom door. There in my bed lay my husband and the girl who runs the barn we board our horses at, having a chat naked after they had just had sex. I start crying and a wave of nausea comes over me. I suddenly became lucid and swung a punch at my husband. Before I make contact I wake up. Damn.

After coming home from school, before I took a nap yesterday, I heard a loud thud. I suddenly felt a cold chill. Then I saw images of phantoms running around in the garden and I felt scared. I cried out for my partner, even though he was at work. I wasn't asleep, just under a trance like state before sleep.

Getting to the dream, I was in the town centre and a large flying aircraft/UFO appeared like 30 feet in the air. It was shaped like a hair straightener and was following me as I walked. Then it started to "snap" at me, in a way that wooden toy crocodiles do.

I ran to the local supermarket and hid in there. People asked me what was wrong and I told them. I waited in the shop for hours and then I went home.

Also on a side note, I lose sense of time. I could be asleep for a couple of hours, and have a vivid dream that includes days.

• Like 2

Tonight I dreamt that some people want to enter my room. I was standing next to my bed and close to me was a red dragon. He was indiscriminatly scaring all people away, which bothered me so i decided to fuse with the dragon and become the dragon myslef so I can decide who enters and who doesnt. ..... Afterwards i dreamt there was a large person next to my bed, he was a rastafari lol and very very tall ......

Edited by hellwyr
  • Like 1

i dreamt of the zombee apokalypse yet again, but it was a fun dream :). I ahot zombees with my brother and defended the place, it was very vivid. And we were winning.

• Like 1

This one is from last year, but for some reason I've been thinking about it again lately, kind of fascinated. It's a two part dream. I had the first on one night, and then the next (which was a prequel it seemed) a week or so later.

The first dream I still have pretty vivid memory of. I had just gotten a new car; a silver or gray Volkswagen Golf. I was excited about it and got in to check it out. It was so fresh and new inside. I decided to take it for its first drive. I was having a lot of fun driving it, and soon ended up on the freeway. I was going quite fast, enjoying myself. But I sensed something wrong. I had looked away from the road for some reason, and when I looked back I noticed cars stopped ahead of me on the freeway. I swerved to not hit the car in front of me, but realized I was to hit another. It was too late. Just as my car was about to hit the car in front of me, my view switched from me inside my car, to me standing (or being) in front of the other car, looking back at the front of it, as mine smashed into theirs. I watched the crash from this vantage point, seeing the front car smash in, knowing my car was behind it. I realized I had likely died. I woke up.

The later dream I only barely remember a part of, but it was what happened in this one that fascinates me. I was at a car dealership and a salesman was showing me a gray/silver Volkswagen Golf. I was excited about it, and wanted to see how fast it could go...

So this was the first series of dreams I've had which had a running story, and it was in reverse. My car crash death dream's prequel came later; me buying the car, and wanting to take it out for a speed test. Which leads to the previous dream. Really interesting.

Just bringing back this dream of mine from 2 years ago, because it was brought back into my memory a couple days ago. For some reason I was thinking about crashing or not wanting to crash my car, and the dream popped back into my memory. I remembered I had thought of it here and there, usually whenever I see a gray Volkswagen Golf anywhere. I swore to never buy one of these cars because of the dream.

I thought of this a few days ago as I was driving my new car (a Honda Fit) I've had for a few months. I was hoping to not crash this car, but then, remembering the dream and thinking of my new (gray) car, I was like... wait.. no, it couldn't have bee... noo, right..? I made a visual comparison in my mind of the car in my dream and my new car, and it looked something like this, suddenly scaring me:

volkswagen-golf-4-door-exterior-color-united-gray-metallic.png

silver_0.png

(above pictures not the type of gray in my dream/actual car)

Did I explicitly remember the name Volkswagen or Golf being said in the 2 dreams? Not now, so was it even specified in the dream, or did I just assume that nice looking gray hatchback I got into was a Golf, because that's the only car I knew that looked like that at the time? I don't know, but it's just a creepy feeling when I made the connection. It never came into memory when I was searching out good deals on the Hertz car sales site, and narrowed it down to a red Fit and a gray one, and then the red one got sold.

But I didn't crash it and die on my initial test drive. But you know how dreams can some times be a bit off in timelines and story...

I'll be careful.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 2

*sniped for size.*

But I didn't crash it and die on my initial test drive. But you know how dreams can some times be a bit off in timelines and story...

I'll be careful.

That's impressive.. The crashing bit might be highlighting your like of the vehicle and a desire not to crash it..... just a thought..

I've had a similar experience in event days from a dream I had last year where a fraying toe-rope was attached to my tractor..

The recall of that dream was triggered when I removed a toe-rope from my tractor the day I sold it.. essentially the location and events didn't match, but the feeling of dream and physical reality was a perfect fit..

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 2

This is another old dream of mine, which wasn't weird in itself, but its connection to the present is what makes it weird (or mysterious).

I used to write down my dreams, but stopped for a long time. This morning, I wrote down the first in awhile upon waking. I read the last few dreams I had posted, which were from 6 months ago. The 2nd dream up from the last struck me, though it seemed random and meaningless at the time I had/wrote it, half a year ago. Before the dream snippet, I'll set it up with something that happened in 'real life' very recently that made the dream so interesting to me:

So, I found out a couple weeks ago that I got a new apartment I was battling for this past month, and I moved in a few days ago. Now, Pam is someone I work with. Last week, at work, I was talking to her and others about the vacation trip I took to Zion Park/Area 51 a few years ago. Pam replied, "yeah, now that you're getting this new apartment [referring to how much my income would be affected], you can kiss those big trips goodbye". This struck me as I thought about it after she said it, and the reality hit home that she was quite possibly right, and I felt kind of worried/sad.

Dream snippet:

Dream I was going to move into an apartment, and was also about to take a big trip somewhere far (another country) with Pam. But when she came to collect the years rent, it was a lot, and I didn't feel comfortable taking the trip. I instead paid the year rent, and then I was at the aprtment.

Another case for me of my dreams appearing to allude to what would happen to me in my future. I only hope that the dream was more of a reference to my fear of not being able to take vacation trips, and not predicting that I will not be able to take them anymore.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

Talking about vacations…

Myself! I’m a reclusive type of person and I’ll only leave my home when it’s essential to do so. Yet! Every now and again I’ll have dreams about places where I’ve never been before.

Today was one of those days in my dream-world where I suddenly appeared by a freshwater stream in a valley.

The valley looked like it was somewhere in Europe because it had a carpet of green grass which was being grazed by a Holstein type of cattle.

I don’t know where I was exactly although I was accompanied by someone who remained at the side of me and out of my general focus.

This other person was merely showing me something in nature that was supposed to be of some noteworthy interest.

The thing that was being pointed out to me was a heavenly looking human face which was formed from a natural process and it was situated on the side of a mountain-side rock wall.

As I admired nature’s artwork I felt a rumble beneath my feet and my companion said that it’s an earthquake.

I then noticed parts the mountain fall away and the human-like face was also destroyed so I walked over to the broken bits to inspect them and I was surprised to see that the face material appeared to be a thin shell of a white stone.

• Like 2

I got a strange dream involving criminal case, death, etc...

Does the word "dudu madaia" ring a bell to anyone? Is it possible to dream about a word that we don't know?

Tonight I dreamt of the kingdom of Brittany but it was bigger than usual, it consisted of parts of burgundy and its coreland was between germany and france suited at the rhine......

also yesterday I dreamed about russia and finland and that they had some connection and were involved in some conspiracy against other countries ...

Does the word "dudu madaia" ring a bell to anyone? Is it possible to dream about a word that we don't know?

Yes, it is. Very much so, unless "VAXU" means something to someone. Written in gold, coming out of the clouds.

Dreamed of looking out the window into the night sky. Showing someone (I think it was my daughter) the crescent moon. As the dream went on a bit, the moon turned full. And huge! We noticed a group of birds ( I feel like the were crows) sitting on a tree branch nearby. We could just see their silhouettes lit by the moon. We thought we saw a smaller, second moon to the left, but it turned out to be the Sun starting to rise. As we watched it rise, we were quiet, reflective. But I remember being aware how "awake" I felt. (though I wasn't lucid).

It was a nice dream.

• Like 3

Tonight I dreamt I was in the future and was visiting a big waterpark. I forgot my sunglasses so I turned back and took the elevator to get to my room....The elevator went higher and higher, the waterpark was actually underneath New York, so the elevator went up and up until it reached the sky and I saw New York form above. Then we boarded a train, or we were suddenly in a train, or teh elevator turned into a train.....dunno....... I looked out of the train`s windows, and I saw a weird world, New York was flooded, but it wasnt "dead" there were skyscrapers were people lived, but parts of it was flooded, the same goes for Rome. The train passed Rome and it also was flooded, but among the water there were skyscrapers, were people lived.... the same goes for a lot of other major cities. Also I saw how the nature took back a lot of land, giant trees were everywhere, I also saw "dragon forests" and mammoths..... I was confused and asked the people how could they maintain their global structure and communication under these circumstances, it was obvious to me that humanity was living in a state were they were overran by nature, but I didnt get a clear answer.... I also told them that there were naked humans living in those big forests which took another path than them (which I didnts ee in my dream, but I just knew it...).....but they didnt believe me. ... There was a woman with me, she was a researcher as far as I can remember and she said the reason why the world turned out this way is because Europe started to work together when Rome conquered it, so as a consequence they decided that all nations should live in a state of competition/war, so the word takes a turn to the better.... I got angry and told her that Europe never worked together, but that Rome conquered her and supressed/abused the people so in reality she never was truly united.......so the world took the wrong path by living in competition.

I left out soem details , but it was a weird dream.. :P

Edited by hellwyr
  • Like 1

I dreamed that I was on holiday in a very old castle with my family. There were photos of the castle rooms and I can remember seeing one showing a ghostly image of King Charles the second. It was haunted and a tourist attraction. The castle was huge and very beautiful both inside and outside. We stayed there for a while and had our own rented place nearby. Outside of the castle was a big garden with a tour guide showing people around it. I decided to tag along. I realised that I forgot my camera. I passed stalls of armour and footwear that dated back centuries.

I also remember using a washroom and going outside and into an outhouse and up a stairs, like an office room with a library at top. I was being spied upon by some of the other tourists and I kept a look out. I noticed one of them sneeking around as if searching for me. Then someone told me that my clothes were found in a washroom but I never put them in there. I found a lavae on my sleeve, and by the time I took it off it grew in size. I panicked when it became huge, had legs and started pestering me. I put it outside.

Edited by Red Howler
  • Like 1

The night before yesterday I dreamt I was a greek king I had a warrior (woman) as an advicer and a priest was in front of me. He was charged for betrayal, for denyng to lead the troops in a battle against the Danish. I had to make a decision and judge him, my adviser had a personal grudge against him and I knew of it, she told me that I should torture him and then let him be killed. I asked the priest what punishment he thinks would be the right one. He told me that he wants to drink poisonous wine and let the god decide and that he was glad that he didnt join the battle, since it was a big massacre. And I decided to take his advise and thus the warrior was p***ed, but I made clear that I am the king, so she gave in.

• Like 1

forgot: tonight I dreamt I have to do an interview with a transgender person,she lives in a very bad area. So I go there but luckily the area has improved over time. So I do the interview, but someone needs to pick me up after the interview, becaue I dont know how to get back from there. The transgender person gets annoyed after some time and wants me to leave, but the person, who is supposed to get me isnt picking me up. So I decide to go back by myslef, but it is very hard to get out of the room and I am a bit afraid of the area as well(gettho). But anyway I proceed to climb through a tunnel (the only way out), there a big spider crawls underneath my shirt and I squash it, but it had allready bitten me. It was a very disgusting feeling, above all the squashing xd since the spider was so big. So I get sick and can`t leave the room anymore. The transgender person becomes nice again and tends me until someone picks me up.

After that I dreamt I traveled back in time to the year 2013, there everything was different than today.....And it was funny to be back in the year 2013, because I allready new what the future will bring and my mood was a lot better in 2013 :o .... so I quite enjoyed that dream.

Edited by hellwyr
  • Like 1

Had a dream the other night that i was from the (near) future of 2015 and had traveled back in time to the mid 2000.

i was telling some mystery woman of my time travel and she couldn't have been more disinterested.

Coolest dream i've had in a while.

• Like 2

I had a dream that I was haveing a conversation with Carl Yung last night. It was incredible we discussed many things most of which I can remember. Very awesome. The he said "you have to go now." Then my wife woke me up.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 2

Weird dreams? I had so many when I was young(er)!

This one I thought a "tornado" was coming and so I told everyone to grab onto something (I grabbed the sweeper that was in the middle of the kitchen, silly me) and my view went upside down and rideside up a couple times. I ran to the window and saw that our house was an island in the middle of a red-brown void with a black hole sucking us in. I saw a Dusk from kingdom hearts staring into it on a cliffside, then I woke up.

Most of my dreams don't make sense, and have random plots to it. Once I dreamed that I was a barbie princess from one of the movies. I yelled "MERMAID" and jumped into the water to turn into one in order to escape from the bad guys. I have no idea how I dreamt about that :hmm:

That is one of the problems with my lucid dreaming, it never takes place with what I've done during the day, and so I can never realize that it's out of the ordinary as it seems to make "sense" in my subconscious. Sometimes I can edit little things, like if I don't want to fall and get hurt I will flap my arms to make me fall slower, and I can make a scary creature explode into a happy face.

Just an odd thought FlyingAngel, which has been persistent with me for some days now; "dudu madaia" (obviously not hakuna matata). It means **** mania; to be attacked by a gang of **** mongering idiots or other malicious people, who want to smash their shitload into one's hair; or, to be attacked by insane people with waste handling cesspool fantasies.

I just couldn't get the idea about this out of my head for days.

Last night held a lot of recall, because I kept waking up throughout the night. One was really weird though, I was dreaming I was in my bed, woke up and couldn't talk. I kept trying to yell, but my voice would come out low and muffled, no matter what I tried. I kept thinking I was stuck between levels of sleep and wake, but was confused, because I was up and moving around. I got up, went to the bathroom and dumped cold water on my head to wake myself up but only the muffled yell would come out of my mouth. I kept asking myself, "so, am I dreaming or not"? But I couldn't get that shift to full lucidity, so I started to panic because I felt like something bad was going to happen if I was dreaming, and I wouldn't be able to call for help.

Went and got back into bed, so I could try to go back to sleep, and then I woke up. Such a confusing state to wake up in. I kept questioning if I was actually awake the entire time I was writing the dream in my journal.