Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weird dreams thread!

_Ghastly_

Some of my craziest things are the ones where I've been arrested or being incarcerated but one of my bizarre things dreams is better give birth to a cat I don't think I'll ever forget that one oh no one I had I can't forget where I was on a an to have a funeral looking at dead bodies

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a quick lucid one last night where I was living above the house I grew up in. So I took to the sky and flew out over the valley which was much higher than usual(about 1000feet). So I free fell for fun to the ground. After that I rose again and just floated high in the sky looking around at nothing but storm clouds around me. I felt close to God so I called out and apologized for being so angry lately which made me feel He understood. I also said something else in praise of everything I was witnessing at that moment which I tend to do.

Then because I was in the storm clouds I made lightning for some fun. It was all purple and exploded around me which was pretty cool. After that I lost my lucidity and found myself at the home I grew up in. I was looking for a music cd to play a song that went with the dream. I chose Stormbringer by Deep Purple but my cd had been broken and my twin sisters copy went missing. My older sister then gave me a wrapped gift which I could tell was two cds. I hoped one was Stormbringer but both were of a new band I had never heard of before. The album covers were meant to be like an angry Jesus/Eddie(from Iron Maiden) in a similar style of Metallica's Ride the Lightning. lol. They had very long titles about Jesus but they are a little too personal to repeat.

Anyway it felt good calling out to the storm clouds and connecting with God. I really love that.

Edited by Kazahel

• 4 weeks later...

I dreamt last night I was being chased by a blue dragon(Chinese style). I thought it was trying to eat me. I went inside a large ship at the docks and in a narrow passageway shut the door at one end and ducked to hide. It knew where I was and tried to get me but somehow I trapped it. It tried to squeeze in and got stuck or something. So we were both trapped and I was about a meter away from its head. I cant remember the order of events too well but I think it wanted to kiss because I remember seeing its tongue which had three separate lines. Hard to word but it looked like [-[-[- but decreasing in size the closer to the end of the mouth, as tongues do. Almost like a tree with no leaves. It was blue and had black tips on each line.

Anyway then it shapeshifted into a women about 30yrs old with very short jet black straight hair, similar to a bob style cut. I think it shapeshifted because it was stuck but I'm not sure. When it did we spoke and then kissed and I thought again about her tongue as we touched them. This is where I'm not sure if I saw the tongue image before or only during the kiss. But after the kiss I didn't feel threatened anymore and it was like we made a deal.

I don't recall much after that.

Lately I've been dreaming about funeral homes on and off I have the same one on the tower of the funeral one send my mum was in and before that I was dreaming of it

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Kazahel said:

I dreamt last night I was being chased by a blue dragon(Chinese style). I thought it was trying to eat me. I went inside a large ship at the docks and in a narrow passageway shut the door at one end and ducked to hide. It knew where I was and tried to get me but somehow I trapped it. It tried to squeeze in and got stuck or something. So we were both trapped and I was about a meter away from its head. I cant remember the order of events too well but I think it wanted to kiss because I remember seeing its tongue which had three separate lines. Hard to word but it looked like [-[-[- but decreasing in size the closer to the end of the mouth, as tongues do. Almost like a tree with no leaves. It was blue and had black tips on each line.

Anyway then it shapeshifted into a women about 30yrs old with very short jet black straight hair, similar to a bob style cut. I think it shapeshifted because it was stuck but I'm not sure. When it did we spoke and then kissed and I thought again about her tongue as we touched them. This is where I'm not sure if I saw the tongue image before or only during the kiss. But after the kiss I didn't feel threatened anymore and it was like we made a deal.

I don't recall much after that.

where to think your feelings are traveling's to ? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

where to think your feelings are traveling's to ? 

I'm not sure. It was an odd dream for me and out of the blue so to speak. It got me looking into the differences between Chinese and Japanese dragons though. I don't really know much about them but I did find it interesting that some apparently shapeshift into humans. I looked around and it seems to be a thing(I don't know how common that is). http://yabai.com/p/2516   But I find it interesting because it's not something I've known before.

Anyway it was a nice dream after she shifted.

• Like 1

*Reading about Kiyohime just then was kinda interesting too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Every body has weird dreams,  they got to figure out their own weird dreams:)

I am with you Docy thats the best thing to do!!:tu:

On 5/24/2021 at 6:27 AM, dream jo said:

Some of my craziest things are the ones where I've been arrested or being incarcerated but one of my bizarre things dreams is better give birth to a cat I don't think I'll ever forget that one oh no one I had I can't forget where I was on a an to have a funeral looking at dead bodies

I wish I had dreams like that, I have PTSD so I dont really have dreams. PTSD, is like a real video recording of things that really happened in your life. The problem is once it starts on those nights that it does you cant sleep because, you cant turn it off, so who wants to relive terrible things that happened in your life. So many of our soldiers are effected by this problem today, the Middle East was a meat grinder, so many come back broken and for what, we should have left many many years ago!:(

See the source image

Peace everyone

• Like 2

I can remember some when I was a kid I can flying dreams seeing dead bodies and so on I think I should have listened more on my dreams when I was younger what it was trying to tell me but young people never listen because I know a limited

• Like 1

I just had a weird dream last night and while it wasn't bad it was kinda weird.

So I am driving into a nearby town and I come across a sort-of modern looking church -it was brick and had wood doors yet had a big meeting room and other rooms like most newer churches have-  and went inside because they had some stained glass windows and wanted to see what they looked like.

So I go inside and there were all these doors and after going through a few I got a bit turned around (happens in real life too :D ) and I wanted to leave and asked where the main entrance was as I got a bit disorientated. Nearly every person I asked would just point me to a door but when I went through it I was not closer to the entrance -one person even tried directing me to a room where there was a meeting; the people in the meeting room briefly looked up as anyone would do and told the person I wasn't there for a meeting, just wanted to find the entrance and was shown another door which someone unlocked and opened.

Finally I came across the pastor and asked him where the front entrance was and he flippantly told me it was a door; he was a bit condescending and I told him I know what a door was I just wanted the front entrance and so he claimed he would show me then proceeded to take his sweet time disassembling an altar and after awhile it was clear he was stalling and playing around and had no intentions of directing me anywhere so I just told him to forget it and I'd find someone else to help.

Then finally a young woman approached me and showed me the entrance and I thanked her kindly.

When I went outside I had a hard time finding my car as I had taken our family's other car which was a maroon Hyundai Sonata and there were a lot of red and maroon cars in the parking lot.

As I was looking around I spotted my car and it rolled towards me and I went in..

End of dream.

What I thought was odd was that each door I was directed to had to be unlocked including -in the end- the entrance door that I was searching for though it didn't need to be unlocked to go in.

During the entire dream I didn't feel scared or trapped but a bit irked having to go through one door after another and getting more irritated then having a few unpleasant words for the condescending pastor.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a funny part of a dream just then which made me laugh. I dreamt I stood in the centre of a small group of people I was with. I looked up at the stars at night and waited for a moment before invoking and being possessed. Then I floated up a few meters and started to fly around and circle the group. When a lady tried to leave from fear, I noticed I was holding a large chain which I threw around her and dragged her back with me. All while playfully singing a rendition of Guns and Roses : Sweet Child O' Mine. But I sung it "sweet muppets of mine". lol (I've never thought of it like that before, makes me laugh how I do that while I'm dreaming).

I had a long dream last night. The ending was weird and kinda disturbing I guess. My mother was driving too fast and erratically(through fences etc)and I was asking her to stop but she didn't. Then I was on the roof of the vehicle where I punched my father twice in his left kidney. As I did this I thought it was going to cause sickness in real life later to that kidney, even though I wasn't lucid. Then next thing the vehicle stopped and I was in the back of a van and the door was being opened. For some reason I rolled out and shapeshifted into a crow and flew up a few meters above what was meant to be my mother(looked nothing like her though). And I was trying to scratch her eyes out with my crow claws. It was difficult because I couldn't work out at first how to fly downwards while feet first. I had to basically stop flapping my wings to drop and strike, then flap again to stay out of reach. Soon after that I was facing a mirror and I wrote CROW with my claw in capitals on the glass.

It was pretty weird cause I actually kinda like my family. And later in a separate dream I was helping my father paint his house. So I'm not sure why this above part came about.

• 4 weeks later...

I had another crow dream last night. I only remember the part with the crows though.

I was at my old house(but it was different)and I walked out the front door to find the tree in the front yard completely covered in crows. There was no gaps to fit any more in, they were so close together and just standing there looking at me. I thought for a moment to get them some food but I knew it wouldn't be enough for so many of them. Then my cat came out and disturbed them when she walked forward into the grass on the left.

Some of the crows swooped at her but all together. It was like they were one mind and they formed a thick arrow shape as they swooped. It was very cool to see, and I couldn't see the cat in the grass anymore but could see the crows swooping along after the cat. It almost looked like a wave crashing over and over. Then I remember being out the back of the house and I was looking into a window to see a small tree(about a 1.5meters high)just inside next to the glass. There were crows on that tree too but they were much smaller than the ones outside.

Crows seem to be recurring in my dreams. I dreamt of them awhile ago too but they almost carried me in one of those dreams. (page 60 post #1483)

Edited by Kazahel
addition

• 5 weeks later...

I had a fantasy dream what most women would love to have late I enjoyed in the dream in the dream I had a few days back I was kissing Zack from EastEnders I was but it was spoilt because I woke up from the dream ring I did the actor supported by wake me up it did I'm not in real life it will never happen for me but it was nice to drained about it in a dream most women's fantasy ring and I was one lucky lady that night till I woke up

Other dream I had where I saw spirits In Spiritualist Church I did I get some crazy bizarre City dreams I do silly dreams I do ever since I was a kid I've had them my great niece I've got the feeling she is the same and she is only 3 and a half but she's so like me in a lot of ways I can see myself in this kid but I hope the kid has it much better is school knighted then I did but these days 80s or that more nicer in the 80s and 90s you are lucky if you're a teacher it was nice and cared someone cared there are some nasty ones you're up would beat the living daylights out yeah for making us take

But my dreams has so bizarre I've even had time machine dreams but I've gone into the future or Back to the Future

Some of them is so crazy I think to myself did I drink that yes I dreamt it it but it felt so real

oops wrong thread

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Haha 1

The dream I had the other day I had a seance in the graveyard with my friends from the spiritualist church and my friends from the funeral home we had a seance on in the Victorian part of the graveyard

• Haha 1

On 6/28/2021 at 7:13 AM, Manwon Lender said:

I wish I had dreams like that, I have PTSD so I dont really have dreams. PTSD, is like a real video recording of things that really happened in your life. The problem is once it starts on those nights that it does you cant sleep because, you cant turn it off, so who wants to relive terrible things that happened in your life. So many of our soldiers are effected by this problem today, the Middle East was a meat grinder, so many come back broken and for what, we should have left many many years ago!:(

See the source image

Peace everyone

That really sucks!  I dream a lot but mostly just working stuff out in my dreams.  Sometimes I work harder in my dreams than I do in real life.  They all just make so much sense until you wake up... :hmm:

We should never have been over in the middle east to begin with.  Bush was doing someone else's bidding not his own.  And ya'll can hate Trump all you want to...but Bush actually did create Vietnam all over again and it wasn't necessary.  

Edited by joc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, joc said:

That really sucks!  I dream a lot but mostly just working stuff out in my dreams.  Sometimes I work harder in my dreams than I do in real life.  They all just make so much sense until you wake up... :hmm:

We should never have been over in the middle east to begin with.  Bush was doing someone else's bidding not his own.  And ya'll can hate Trump all you want to...but Bush actually did create Vietnam all over again and it wasn't necessary.  

I was involved in the invasion of Afghanistan in 2002, and if there was ever reason to have been in the Middle East it was the 2002 invasion. The reason we invaded was totally justified because the entire plan to attack the US and destroy the World Trade Center was made there. In addition the terrorists that actually carried out the attack, were also trained there along with the frigen Idiot Osama Bin Laden. 

During the battle of Tora Bora, I was called back to the United States and that was the last time I saw that country, until later when I started working as a Contractor. Joc my friend I do agree that we should not have stayed, and honestly I dont know why we stayed, whatever the reason was it was certainly above my pay grade. 

Yea the PTSD really does sucks in September of 1999 I came home from work just like ever other day, except that.dam video turn on in my head. Well that night I was unable to sleep a wink all night, and that went on for 5 days. The 5th day I was hallucinating, it was very much like Majic Mushrooms, well the next morning I went to the Emergecy Room.

Well they admitted me and they gave me some kind of sedition, whatever it was I was out for 48 hours. After I woke up few doctors visited me and we talked about the situstion, later that day my primary care doctor told me they thought I was suffering from PTSD. That day tbry stared  me on a medication to control my reactions to exterior stimulus and to help me sleep.

Well I have been on medication ever since and I don't ever see anything changing

Peace my friend. :tu:

8 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I was involved in the invasion of Afghanistan in 2002, and if there was ever reason to have been in the Middle East it was the 2002 invasion. The reason we invaded was totally justified because the entire plan to attack the US and destroy the World Trade Center was made there. In addition the terrorists that actually carried out the attack, were also trained there along with the frigen Idiot Osama Bin Laden. 

During the battle of Tora Bora, I was called back to the United States and that was the last time I saw that country, until later when I started working as a Contractor. Joc my friend I do agree that we should not have stayed, and honestly I dont know why we stayed, whatever the reason was it was certainly above my pay grade. 

Yea the PTSD really does sucks in September of 1999 I came home from work just like ever other day, except that.dam video turn on in my head. Well that night I was unable to sleep a wink all night, and that went on for 5 days. The 5th day I was hallucinating, it was very much like Majic Mushrooms, well the next morning I went to the Emergecy Room.

Well they admitted me and they gave me some kind of sedition, whatever it was I was out for 48 hours. After I woke up few doctors visited me and we talked about the situstion, later that day my primary care doctor told me they thought I was suffering from PTSD. That day tbry stared  me on a medication to control my reactions to exterior stimulus and to help me sleep.

Well I have been on medication ever since and I don't ever see anything changing

If the meds are of the benzo persuasion...I don't see anything changing either.   I wasn't really talking about the Afghan situation though but the Sadaam situation.   And I will always believe that Osama...was killed right there in Tora Bora.   None the less....I cannot even imagine...nor do I wish to...your pain.  .

I know this is the dream thread ... so...  thanks for your service...and always...Sleep well my friend! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

If the meds are of the benzo persuasion...I don't see anything changing either.   I wasn't really talking about the Afghan situation though but the Sadaam situation.   And I will always believe that Osama...was killed right there in Tora Bora.   None the less....I cannot even imagine...nor do I wish to...your pain.  .

I know this is the dream thread ... so...  thanks for your service...and always...Sleep well my friend! :)

No I dont take Benzos at all. I take a medication called Effexor in the morning and I take a sleeping medication in the evening called Trazodone which helps me sleep. I would never allow a doctor to prescribe me any Benzodiazepines of any kind, long term that crap will kill you:yes:. Like I said the ground invasion into Afghanistan for me ended at Tora Bora, however, I was there long enough to here all communications between the Taliban and Bin Laden come to an end. There is no doubt he survived and escaped into Pakistan, and he stayed there until he was later killed. Like I said before, after we destroyed the Taliban we should have gone home, staying for 20 years because we might catch Osama was frigen idiotic, foolish, and totally ignorant, I mean we had nothing to gain from staying, but as history has shown we had a great deal to lose.:no:

We lost in Afghanistan for the exact same reason we lost in Vietnam, in both cases we never truly had the intention to win those wars. In both cases we had the ability to win, we had the best trained soldiers, the best leadership and the best equipment. However, we were unwilling to do what was required to win, in Vietnam, it would have been required to invade the neighboring countries where the Viet Cong were moving their supplies, and attacking the Capital of North Vietnam. In Afghanistan all we needed to do, was to not stop at the boarders of countries which we did and which also allowed the terrorist to rest and refit.

Peace my Brother.

14 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

We lost in Afghanistan for the exact same reason we lost in Vietnam, in both cases we never truly had the intention to win those wars. In both cases we had the ability to win, we had the best trained soldiers, the best leadership and the best equipment. However, we were unwilling to do what was required to win, in Vietnam, it would have been required to invade the neighboring countries where the Viet Cong were moving their supplies, and attacking the Capital of North Vietnam. In Afghanistan all we needed to do, was to not stop at the boarders of countries which we did and which also allowed the terrorist to rest and refit.

You are quite correct...in both wars we were actually proxy fighting Russia.  We lost three wars to Russia...Vietnam, The Cold War, and The War on Terror...

1. Vietnam...funded by Russia.

2.  Afghanistan...funded by Iran...protected by Russia.

3.  Cold War...we actually did the Soviets Union a favor...Reagan got to take credit for bringing the USSR to it's knees...and the Russian Communists got to walk out of something that was already collapsing before it came down on their little heads.   Plus, they were allowed to go incognito, where they regrouped under Putin and wallah...there you go...everyone seems to think that Russia is now a Democracy...pfffft...except the people who live there.  They know it's the same bear....

18 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Buddhism, and especially meditation, might help.(not necessarily to replace, but to increase the effectiveness of the medication)

I know from personal  experience that the mind, while extremely powerful, is also directable  by your conscious mind, using control and discipline 

There are cognitive skills you can learn to help overcome  you thinking in fixed/ traumatic patterns.

However it might be hard to find a professional, trained and experienced in teaching you how to do this. I   know there is a field of psychology which specialises in rewiring (through retraining, )  the brain, to overcome PTSD.