Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weird dreams thread!

_Ghastly_

On 7/21/2006 at 3:44 AM, _Ghastly_ said:

Had any weird dreams lately? Just put em here! :)

Ok, the dream I'm about to post is really hard to keep up with so just bear with me.

So this dream was happening near the end of the 4th grade school year I believe. I was in this small room with a girl from school named Catherine. We then went out of the room and walked into this long hallway with an entire line of students. We started walking and made a turn to this door that led outside. It was raining hard, so we kept walking. Walked for a few minutes than we made another turn. So we're still outside, and I guess we were on a ship or near the ocean or something, cause we had to walk into this huge body of water that had all sorts of visible animals swimming around like whales and sharks. The water wasn't that deep, you could still see your chest when you walk in, but I was still scared to go in with all those animals while it was raining. So I tried to go to the back of the line, but there was this huge fat kid blocking the path, so I figured I'd just hjave to go in. I started walking then I lost my balance, probably because the floor was so slippery because it was raining, but I started sliding so fast that I flew off the boat. I flew to a sound room (don't ask) and yelled as I continued falling, everyone heard me yelling on a loud speaker, than they realized that I was missing so they started searching for me. I landed in some park where it was still raining, and I was blinded for a while. My vision was restored briefly after.

Now Gerald from Hey Arnold found me at wear I had landed, and bought me back. To get back to the boat, we had to go through the sea. They found me and the dream skipped to a new scene. We were now in this appartment getting reading for some 4th grade Graduation party. Gerald was in the room with me, and I started crying I think because I was going to miss all my friends. I can't remember the rest. :lol:

Anyone else had any weird dreams lately? :lol:

When I was a teenager I went on a school trip by boat to some island off the coast of Ireland.

For years afterwards I would have a recurring weird dream. The inside of the boat (it was bigger than the outside like the Tardis) was a giant urinal. And we were all in it weeing. Weeing to keep the boat afloat. Weeing out loads and loads of seawater, and if we stopped the boat was going to sink lol.

I would also have one that had a bit of dark humour in. Me and the rest of my family were being chased by lions in the jungle. We would all climb up a tree to get away. Then end up sat on a branch for ages because the lions wouldnt go away. So we chucked my brother off to get eaten and then we made our escape. Its dark humour but I always used to wake up laughing at that one.

Edited by Cookie Monster

I had another crazy chapel of rest ring this time I give birth in the chapel of rest and all the men in the funeral home help me give birth to loads of kids

Maybe I am putting my mature immature herself in the past I don't know I'm moving on EN2 all-age

I dreamed I was in the car with my kids and my aunt (who passed almost 20 years ago).  We were driving to Texas hoping to see her husband, who passed in 2020.   My brother and cousin were also with us (both passed years ago).   We saw my uncle sitting in a semi truck and we pulled over to visit with him.  Everyone got out and then my aunt wanted to buy gas so she and I went to find a gas station.  We found one and she was messing with the gas pump while I went to the cash register to buy snacks.   When I got back to her she was having some kind of trouble and watching and rewinding a video of her pumping gas over and over.   I couldn't figure out what she was looking for in the video (it was on the gas pump and there were buttons to play, rewind, etc).   There were 4 people in the dream who have passed, people my kids and I were attached to, except my cousin that my kids never knew, but was my aunt's daughter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I dreamed I was in the car with my kids and my aunt (who passed almost 20 years ago).  We were driving to Texas hoping to see her husband, who passed in 2020.   My brother and cousin were also with us (both passed years ago).   We saw my uncle sitting in a semi truck and we pulled over to visit with him.  Everyone got out and then my aunt wanted to buy gas so she and I went to find a gas station.  We found one and she was messing with the gas pump while I went to the cash register to buy snacks.   When I got back to her she was having some kind of trouble and watching and rewinding a video of her pumping gas over and over.   I couldn't figure out what she was looking for in the video (it was on the gas pump and there were buttons to play, rewind, etc).   There were 4 people in the dream who have passed, people my kids and I were attached to, except my cousin that my kids never knew, but was my aunt's daughter.

Two keys to this dream. The car.  The video.

The car suggests you are moving from one type of thought plain to another. Thinking transition so to speak.  The gas station indicates that you do not have sufficient knowledge to finish the transition. The video suggests that you know you have insufficient knowledge but are not sure where to find the answers you need.  It indicates that you are searching for the reason you are having to pump gas at all.

The people in your dream, very familiar and gone,  are an indication that you are relying on wisdom of past experiences to complete this journey.

Edited by joc
  • Like 2

Just got a dream about the Earth collide with another planet. It will occurs around end of October 2022. When it explodes, I used my hand to cover my head and there is flashes.

Then there's something weird about people (alien) who wants to time travel to save the Earth.

On 11/11/2021 at 9:05 PM, joc said:

You cut the line because you fear the bear

I cut the line 'cuz I wanted my fish back that the glutton took and since I couldn't get it back I cut the line. :P

But yeah, that is an interesting insight. Thanks

I've had a lot of chapel of rest dreams lately maybe because I've been that many times this year there was a family when nobody else would do about me the last one was made putting dead bodies in the chapel of rest with a funeral home people funerals

The best one was I give birth in a chapel of rest before that one

And another one I had the vest where there was love heart in a chapel of rest with some of them Men and a Funeral one home I think there's something

I think they've chapel of rest rooms is spirit trying to tell me something was going to happen soon as we big and very important to me

Edited by dream jo

I had a strange one last night. It felt like a continuation of a dream from 20yrs ago. I dreamt I was in my home town,  I had gone back to visit an old friend Michael. It was like I had left the town because I had taken a life there(in real life)and I went back to see an old friend. I told him that's why I left. It was a really long lucid dream where I just spent most of it flying around storm clouds. I went lucid because I saw the clouds, and when I saw them I said something like "these are the type of clouds that make me want to fly" and then I took off. I was flying like a dragon though and flying really well. Also passing through buildings like a ghost.

At one stage I launched off a small boat in the water and I did a loop in the sky by extending my arms and flicking my tail. My feet were together like a fish tail. At that stage I shifted into a large dragon but it was like I was still a human in the middle of the form. So like having a larger astral form of a dragon around my main body. Which was also me because I was flying like how a fish would swim but also with wings. Which isn't how I ever fly. So it was quite different.

Anyway I did a loop in the sky and gathered speed and came back and did a flyby over the boat. It was done really nicely too and it made my friends in the boat turn into flying creatures and they flew after me. I also saw my house which was connected to where the towns library is. My house was a castle spire/conical tower(I don't know what to call it). The top had a grey slate look with green staining that had built up over time. This is why it makes me think of a dream 20yrs ago.

20yrs ago I called for Ariel in a dream and an axolotl came out from a mirror. I was afraid so I jumped out of a castle and flew across the water with the axolotl following me and growing very quickly. And last nights dream really felt like the same place.

Here is that dream from 20yrs ago..

"1st April 2001

I went lucid and I was at home in Kalamunda. I was outside so I flew through a wall for a quick thrill. Then I began to call for Ariel. It is strange to call while lucid. I run out of breath and I find it hard to pronunciate. I said Ariel a few more times, each time concentrating on how to voice it fully with no breaks. Then I said it in a very strange way, almost unspeakable but do-able. It was like I rolled the r or something. Anyway I then found myself to be sitting infront of a large rectangle mirror which was surrounded in a red glow from the room.

On the floor was a round altar of some sort with engravings of symbols. So I called again and out crawled(from the mirror)a green mexican walking fish. I freaked out and thought "I'm outta here" so I turned to go. It then turned red and kinda fanned out its head like a frilled neck lizard. So I flew over the fence and down over the ocean. It was like I had jumped out from a castle which was on a cliff near the ocean, so when I flew I jumped over the cliff edge and flew down over the shore/ocean. When I turned to see, the axolotl was much bigger and still growing. In my heart I knew it was growing after me.

"

So last nights dream reminded me of this dream. And it's the first time I think I've ever actually shifted into a dragon. I didn't try to it's just what happened. Kinda cool too because today is my birthday.  So it's a nice start to the day waking up from flying. And I also woke up with a guitar riff stuck in my head. I've written that down but it's too tricky for me to write it out in tab here.

Anyway it was weird.

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1

dreams are weird ;) I watch lions killing another  animal  on my face book . that night i had a dream my son were having lions as pets,I was afraid they killed my kids so and  I called the zoo to get them.it explains why dreams are distored 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 7:26 AM, docyabut2 said:

Dreams are nothing  but what we are thinking :)

Some are like that for sure. But I don't believe all dreams are.

Edited by Kazahel

I had a dream the other night that I had a new baby, and it was very important than I keep them warm and cozy on my chest. I walked around holding the baby, lounged on the couch with the baby on my chest, but when I finally looked down at the baby, it was a limp steamed broccoli floret. I got mad in the dream at whoever convinced me the vegetable was a baby as if it were a prank.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Purplos said:

I had a dream the other night that I had a new baby, and it was very important than I keep them warm and cozy on my chest. I walked around holding the baby, lounged on the couch with the baby on my chest, but when I finally looked down at the baby, it was a limp steamed broccoli floret. I got mad in the dream at whoever convinced me the vegetable was a baby as if it were a prank.

There has to be something symbolic to that.   Babies in dreams usually indicate a new endeavor, so maybe the dream is telling you that you are putting a lot of work into something that will not serve you.

• 1 month later...

I had an odd dream a couple of weeks ago and am not sure what, if anything, to make of it.

I found myself outside in a strange place, it felt like another planet and for as far as the eye could see it was snow and ice. The sky was dark as if it was late evening but was dingy and I could barely make out the delineation between where the landscape ended and the horizon began and no stars could be seen either.

Oddly I didn't feel the cold air but when I touched the snow it was so cold that it practically burned. The environment had a feeling of desolation and had the impression wherever I was was far from a central star.

Someone else was with me and I asked if we were on pluto or perhaps neptune but he wasn't sure where we were either.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this recurring dream for about 4 or 5 years now: I'll be in the woods, and a man will be holding a gun to my head forcing me to dig up the corpses of dead kids and lay them in a pile. Just digging up dead kids and dragging the bodies, over and over and over again. Make of that what you will. :rofl:

Edit: Thought it was worth mentioning that I also have recurring dreams about bizarre things happening in Wildwood, New Jersey - Huge crystal pylons emerging from the ocean. The moon acting strangely. Being on a docked ship at the boardwalk and having huge black tentacles emerge from the ocean and tear people around me to ribbons. 

You'd think they'd frighten me, but I actually look forward to them.

Edited by Joke_Master_Mandy

• 4 months later...

I had a funny lucid one last night.

I dreamt I was running with all these people but I couldn't catch up and I wanted to be in front. So I thought how could I catch up, and then it came to me that a sneeze travels very fast. And as soon as I thought that I got sucked into a lady who was running near me, and then I was sneezed out. I flew really fast as a sneeze and then I landed way in front of everyone and just kept running. I looked back and thought that worked pretty good.

I also dreamt I was holding a large piece of amethyst about the size of a brick. I have no idea why as I'm not into crystals. Anyway it was glowing purple and for some reason I pushed it into my stomach so it went into my body to absorb it. After that, a piece of amethyst came out from the ground and grew in length to pierce my stomach. But I found it difficult to let it spear me(a little sickening)so I placed my hand out and let it go through that instead.

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1

I had a wierd dream last week.  I work from home and I was getting ready to log on to the computer when I found that my monitors to the computer were gone.  I looked everywhere in the house and did not find them.  The house was many messed up rooms, and my dad was building something in one room and my mom was sifting through a lot of stuff in another room (both passed years ago).   I could not find the monitors and thought they had been stolen, but it made no sense.   I couldn't find my phone to text my boss that I couldn't log on.

It was essentially a different version of the dreams I used to have where I was trying to get to work and everything happened that kept me from getting to work and I had no way to call my boss and let him know I wouldn't be there.

• 3 weeks later...

Lately I have been sleeping with an app that plays the sounds of ocean waves over a Bluetooth speaker and it has caused me to have dreams about water.  In one I was at the lake with my mother, at another I was in a house that had a river running through it.  Last night or more accurately this morning I dreamed that I had a sailboat that I lived on, I tied up at a dock where there were many other sailboats and I went and visited the other boats and met the people that lived on them.  It was a very happy and relaxing dream that I re-entered when at one point I woke up and rolled over.

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Lately I have been sleeping with an app that plays the sounds of ocean waves over a Bluetooth speaker and it has caused me to have dreams about water.

I love sleeping on our sailboat with the water lapping at the sides. All those water apps and noise machines do for me is make me have to get up and go pee. :lol:

• Haha 3

Had a dream where people were selling body parts and organs. Which were either used or processed into potted meat. Like a people factory that was voluntary.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Had a dream where people were selling body parts and organs. Which were either used or processed into potted meat. Like a people factory that was voluntary.

Soylent Green (the movie, or Make Room, Make Room the book it was based on)

It is impossible to know what really is in potted meat.

Edited by Desertrat56

Ok..here is an odd one I had last night.

I am walking home on a side street (it was daytime) and there was this light colored cow (kinda off-white and the underside was dirty as it often is with cows when they lie in a patch of dirt) slowly walking towards a driveway of a house which I assumed was where it lived. As I passed it I mooed at it and it looked at me and mooed back then proceeded to walk onto the lawn of the house and I mooed at it a few times and each time it responded its responses were a bit louder.

At one point it laid down on the ground and rolled onto its back and wanted to be petted; I petted it briefly and was about to go when it grabbed my hand with its mouth and while I could feel its dull teeth gripping my palm, it didn't hurt  then it let go and I petted it more, scratching the top and side of its head then its chin -one of its legs kicked like a dogs would when you scratch them.

On the lawn was a small table where a woman sat, she said about 'giving her some love' which, as I think about it, was a bit ambiguous as it could have referred to the cow or me..I don't know.

The odd part is that I do not dream of cows and I am not even a fan of cows. I mean I like them but it is not my favorite animal.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had an odd dream, I am in this shop that sold all sorts of asian decor and I am at this one shelf and one of the shop attendants (she looked Chinese/Japanese) and handed me a couple of incense sticks then walked away to do whatever it was she was doing. Afterwards another attendant gave me a small Japanese style incense stick and a small packet of resin incense. Naturally I was a bit surprised so I am walking around and I set the sticks down as I wasn't sure I was going to keep it, especially the resin but I looked around regardless at the various burners and seen some that were a multi-purpose holder.

One even had a small censer for powders and resins; after looking at the small selection of incense I then asked if the shop had any other varieties and one of the sales ladies pointed out a small cabinet that they used for replenishing the displays and said I could look in there so I did.

I do not recall whether I found anything but I think I decided to keep the incense I was given and probably bought incense that I remembered I was out of.

Weird dream as I rarely dream of that but it was nice too.

I had an odd one a few weeks ago. I'm not sure why I dreamt it.

16th June 2022

I wasn't lucid but I dreamt I was flying around in a cross formation(I think above a desert) and facing the sun to be the same as the sun. I was in a crucifix position and I was on fire but it was more of an inside fire. Hard to explain but when I did it I was saying stuff like "I am the sun" while facing it. I was rising in the sky burning with it and we were One. It was a weird sun worshipping thing and we burned together. Then later in that dream I was floating around crossed legged doing the sun thing as well. There was a lot more to it all with other people at that stage but I forget.

• Like 1