Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weird dreams thread!

_Ghastly_

I dreamt last night I was given a silver, patterned urn with a picture of an acorn on it. Written on the urn was Alohim. It was definitely spelt with an A and not an E. I received it as a gift near a temple and I had to activate it, which I did by vibrating the name. It also felt like it was given to me as a reminder almost. So it was a short dream but it had a really good feeling around it. There was a little more to it, but I mainly focused on remembering the name.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Had a few lucids lately, mainly flying. Nothing too odd but in one a about a week or so ago I was flying around a tree setting everything on fire. Just everything in a circle around me and all the other trees. It actually felt really good and everything was burning.

Anyway last night I dreamt I had bought a party bus but someone younger ended up driving it, but they didn't know how to drive. So as I tried to take control we rolled over the edge of a hill and tumbled over and over to the bottom. As we rolled mid fall I was telling them something like hopefully we'll survive or something. I really wish I could remember what I said now, but eh.

Then after the crash I saw a small creature in the bus that had ten tentacles and a very strange head. It was all pinkish in colour at the start but it was colour shifting and changing forms. It was about the size of your hand and at one stage I said to the lady with me it looked almost like a blue ringed octopus(just to freak her out). lol. But eventually after a few different forms it turned into a very small yellow bird with a wingspan about an inch. It was an odd little alien creature and it was like I had discovered it but by the time the others came to see it. It had gone. So only she had seen it.

Anyway later today I thought I'd look to see if Combichrist has any new albums(it's been ages since I've looked around), and found their latest called One Fire.

With it's strangely familiar cover art. Now to pick a song. Hmmmm tough choice.

I had this really weird dream last night. To pass the time during corona I'm watching a lot of documentaries right now, that must have influenced it.

I was dreaming I was watching a documentary, but like the events played out in real time rather than being shown in photos or paintings or such. In it, during the early reign of Queen Victoria they discovered that there was a distant relative who actually had a better claim to the throne than her. Said relative was a five year old boy. To keep him from being used to usurp her throne Queen Victoria conspired with her ministers to make him disappear. They built a remote, secret manor house based on Alice in Wonderland where they locked the child up with an elderly lady of the court as maid. They, and I quote the documentary, "gave them all delights a child could wish for" so that the boy would never think of leaving. Eventually they also locked up two more children there,a  boy and a girl, who should respectively serve as the boy's best friend and future fiance/wife.
10 years later the young man the boy grew up into, still locked in his comfortable cage, just lay around naked in his own filth, permanently drunk and high on opium. The friend and future fiance didn't work out either, because the girl fell in love with the other boy, while the other boy was gay and fell in love with the prisoner.

It's weird because that sounds more like something the Romanovs would have done than the British Royal family...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a short one but kinda weird

LAst night i was outside our old house where I was raised.

It was demolished 40 years ago but i still dream about it a bit 

Anyway  i was being chased   either by my parents or by vampires or similar

I knew i was dreaming and was in no danger 

It was kind of a game.

I had to get from our front gate to our back door up a concrete path(probably about 30 yards/metres in distance )My pursuers could move much faster than i could BUT every time i did a mathematical conversion correctly  they were stopped for second or so, allowing me to stay ahead.

I ran through a dozen or so such as; 14 lbs in a stone, 2,2 pounds in a kilo, 100 cms in a metre, 4.5 litres in a gallon 

If i repeated one they didn't stop, so i had to think of them quickly,  without repetition.

Anyway, i got to  the back door safely with a reasonable distance  between me and those chasing me.     Usually i can work out the triggers for any dream i have, but his time i was at a loss 

I think perhaps i had seen some old conversions on my tablet for weights, which i used when in hospital a couple of years ago,   and this worked its way into my subconscious.  

The whole dream only lasted a minute or so, and then i moved on to a longer one. 

Edited by Mr Walker

5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Just a short one but kinda weird

LAst night i was outside our old house where I was raised.

It was demolished 40 years ago but i still dream about it a bit 

Anyway  i was being chased   either by my parents or by vampires or similar

I knew i was dreaming and was in no danger 

It was kind of a game.

I had to get from our front gate to our back door up a concrete path(probably about 30 yards/metres in distance )My pursuers could move much faster than i could BUT every time i did a mathematical conversion correctly  they were stopped for second or so, allowing me to stay ahead.

I ran through a dozen or so such as; 14 lbs in a stone, 2,2 pounds in a kilo, 100 cms in a metre, 4.5 litres in a gallon 

If i repeated one they didn't stop, so i had to think of them quickly,  without repetition.

Anyway, i got to  the back door safely with a reasonable distance  between me and those chasing me.     Usually i can work out the triggers for any dream i have, but his time i was at a loss 

I think perhaps i had seen some old conversions on my tablet for weights, which i used when in hospital a couple of years ago,   and this worked its way into my subconscious.  

The whole dream only lasted a minute or so, and then i moved on to a longer one. 

Interesting dream.  Maybe your mind changing the context of a scary dream by you using skills you have to overcome some fear.  I sometimes dream weird problems (like getting from a location to another, or interacting with difficult people, or helping someone) that I solve using my programming skills.  Just a defragging the hard drive kind of thing maybe.

Edited by Desertrat56

12 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Interesting dream.  Maybe your mind changing the context of a scary dream by you using skills you have to overcome some fear.  I sometimes dream weird problems (like getting from a location to another, or interacting with difficult people, or helping someone) that I solve using my programming skills.  Just a defragging the hard drive kind of thing maybe.

Good points 

We now know that dreams can be used to solve both psychological and physical problems in real life. The y can also be used as a form of visualisation and practice to  improve skills like sport or public speaking.

Lastly they can be (and have been) used to solve problems in science and maths, and to write or record creative  things, from  stories to art work and architecture.

• Like 1

Ok Another unusual dream. Its kinda a pity this part of the site is virtually unvisited, but I think I need to record a few of these dreams . 

Last night

I was  a flying,

Betwixt the sea and sand.

Flying is quite common ,

But what came next is not. 

As I flew, I sang a song,

To a simple beat, but strong.

The words  came  fast and fleet.

Not  a second's hesitation,

I never missed a beat.

A crowd  grew just beneath me,

As i  soared o'er sand and sea.

I sang of love and honour,

And how they set you free.

The crowd grew to a dozen,

Then a hundred, and still more.

They joined me in my song.

A fierce and powerful roar.

I floated further onwards,

Into a mighty bower,

And now a thousand voices

Took up these words of power.

And then I saw beneath me,

A girl with skin, jet black.

I stopped my joyous singing,

But watched her carry on.

At first her voice, it faltered,

But then it came back strong.

The words became her own,

And while the crowd now lessened,

Her confidence was grown.

I left her singing strongly,

And as I flew away

I woke in quiet  wonder,

That dream had made my day

This describes my dream which was quite long. Here, awake, I struggle to put words to verse but in my dream they came to mind as fast as i could sing them also the beat was more regular and strong The words were powerful and moving and they moved the crowd to follow me as I flew slowly just above their heads  The song made up onthe spot  was at least ten times as long as theversion above and yet Inever had to think for a  second to find the right words to rhyme and maintain the rythmn/beat

The dream ended as described and I woke up with a feeling of joy and accomplishment, yet bewilderment at why I had dreamed this. I spent some time  considering the words and trying to continue the song, but, while Icould do it, it required thought and effort and just didnt have the power of the song I composed effortlessly as I dreamed.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Had a few weird dreams lately..

Last week I dreamt that I was with a group of people who were all learning something like being in uni. I left the place because it's not really my style and as I walked away looking for my car I passed a large menacing man. When I turned to look back at him I caught him mid pounce about to attack me.

Because he was like a dog I placed my hands down like an animal and ran from him. He did the same and chased me with the intent to kill. But after only a moment a very large cat pounced on him. The cat was more like a lion/man that stood upright about 3 meters tall.

When it attacked the guy for some reason I turned to help the dog guy. The guys friend who was also chasing me like an animal said that no one had ever beaten the lion. But I didn't care and went to help the dog guy anyway. So I started to jump on the cats head in the hope it would let the dog go. I also thought during it that I would get the loyalty from the dogs by helping. So it was odd because I saved the guy who was trying to kill me.

Then last night I dreamt I was flying somewhere with my girlfriend walking slightly behind. I was about two stories high and I saw an old man walking out from his home holding a revolver. So I flew up to him and asked what he was doing. He said something like "this won't take long" and he walked through a gate into his neighbors house where he lifted his gun and shot her once in the head point blank killing her.

*I think it was around this point that Shawn Mendes/Justin Bieber song Monster was playing.

Then blinded by anger he came out and started to circle my girlfriend like a shark. So I landed before he could do anything and I put my arm around his shoulder and said to him "do you feel better now?". To which he replied "yes much better", so I told him to now go back to his home.

I said to me girlfriend we should leave and call the police now. So I took her hand and flew further away.

Edited by Kazahel
correction

• 1 month later...

I am not sure how many people read this thread, but it seemed a good place to relate a dream from  last night 

Hammerclaw  reminded me of it when he spoke about dreams of getting up and going to work, then waking up and realising  it was a dream and now you really have to go to work

As an ex teacher of 40 plus years I often have dreams about teaching.

I had them when I was teaching and it was annoying spending my night teaching, then having to go to work and do it all again.

So I decided to liven the dreams up a bit  eg i might fly down the corridors over the heads of the kids just to provide a bit of excitement or begin levitating  in front  of the class.

Anyway, last night I returned to a school where I taught 40  years ago.

I walked into an "open space"  class, where about 30 boys  aged 15 or 16  were giving their teachers hell.

I used the normal methods of control and discipline and most responded well, but a few of them were totally  uncooperative and becoming rebellious They were challenging their teacher's authority and close to becoming violent 

I used a control hold on one of the leaders and he began complaining that I couldn't touch him, and I would lose my job 

I explained that I wasn't employed  by the state but by, "The Authority" and that I  could do anything i liked

(I knew this was my dream and I had control of it )

I explained that I wasn't just human but a god, in this world of my creation 

First i levitated us both up to the ceiling.  Then i pushed my hand through the solid wall and explained that I could do the same with his  body and remove his beating heart from it  then replace it, without doing him any harm.

Needless to say the class    was then perfect and I left them to the other teachers.

Normally my dreams are more peaceful eg I reunite with students i taught 40 years ago who are still in the class room where  i taught and haven't aged, but  who sometimes wonder where I went to. Other dreams just let me explore the schools I taught in, and  renew  old acquaintances

Was this dream a bit of wishful fulfilment  ? probably.

Although in that school I was well respected by the students.

It was more just my way of making the dreams I have about teaching a bit more interesting and exciting.

I got sick of teaching in  dreams a t night,  then going in the next day for another day teaching.

I dream a lot about my first school, in part because it is about to be abandoned, for a new super school, so it is often in my subconscious  These days, sometimes, when I have such a dream i simply say "Sorry but I am retired now." and take my leave  from  the dream  Other times I will have chat to the kids and get a coffee from the staff room The other day/night  i spent several hours in a dream looking for the texts and other materials I had produced, and left at my last school  

Turned out very few had been retained, when (in my dream) the whole school had been rebuilt and expanded  

In reality I took all my stuff with me when I retired,  but in the dream we found a few exemplars of lesson plans and students work, tucked away  in an old filing cabinet  

The reason I dreamed this was because my nephew is also a teacher,  and  had asked if i had any material  that might help him.

I took 4 big cartons of material from my shed  into  his place and he is working through what might be useful 

For 6 years the y have been sitting in our shed, but this was enough to trigger my dream about searching for them a t my last school 

Other times I make  such teaching dreams into an interesting story,  with characters from  my past, and those I have invented in my mind. 

l  

Edited by Mr Walker

I had a dream about my room, in my room was my pathway in the wall, and some reason I thought I had a poster of my oc  on the wall as well, I went to have a closer look and looked like the ocs head was replaced by a cyborgs head, it said their name was lawlock, they had red pendant shaped eye on their forehead, had two eyes and then 2 more that was closed behind metal eyelids.

I felt something was evil and wrong about it, so I left the house, I was transported to this small mountain  two people were walking around, and saw these weird blue sphere line puzzle things, almost like neurons, had a line inside the line into circle inside phere, we had to connect them to other points, but then lawlock appeared and started following me, I saw them a few ways back and said"run!" And then me and two people started running and there was a steep path they did a rolypoly down, I tried to as well, but somereason as I got closer it was more flat, when I finally got to the edge of the mountain where we hid,  you could see all the land.

Edited by zenron

I was a Unity student all my life. I remember my Mom  and I went to the classes of people having out of body experiences. It was so interesting hearing them  :)the only OFBE I had was in a dream ,I was dreaming I went to the bathroom and went back to bed, but when I woke up it was opps wet,  didn't go to the bathroom :):): I remember one guy said that happen to him to and he said and even the lights were on :):):)

I  believe people that were having out of body experiences, they are just dreams.To figure out these weird dreams is just self analysis.  

Here is a dream I have had now on a couple of occasions, I am in some sort of city and there are these animal statues on those large flat platforms (that many statues sit on) floating in the sky. There is a lion-like creature, a bull-like creature and others and they are floating -not overhead- but sort of off to the side.

I don't know where they are going 'cause I don't see that part but some of them were moving a little on their platforms as they drifted by.

The odd thing is that the location seems to be the same as are the animals.

I haven't read anything about such things nor have I watched anything with such elements (we don't have tv service of any sort). Probably has no meaning but it was certainly odd nonetheless.

9 minutes ago, Bendy Demon said:

Here is a dream I have had now on a couple of occasions, I am in some sort of city and there are these animal statues on those large flat platforms (that many statues sit on) floating in the sky. There is a lion-like creature, a bull-like creature and others and they are floating -not overhead- but sort of off to the side.

I don't know where they are going 'cause I don't see that part but some of them were moving a little on their platforms as they drifted by.

The odd thing is that the location seems to be the same as are the animals.

I haven't read anything about such things nor have I watched anything with such elements (we don't have tv service of any sort). Probably has no meaning but it was certainly odd nonetheless.

Self analysis, because your interests in histories :)   the Bible revolution ? 

6 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Self analysis, because your interests in histories :)   the Bible revolution ? 

Nope. Have no interest in history nor bibles.

18 hours ago, zenron said:

I had a dream about my room, in my room was my pathway in the wall, and some reason I thought I had a poster of my oc  on the wall as well, I went to have a closer look and looked like the ocs head was replaced by a cyborgs head, it said their name was lawlock, they had red pendant shaped eye on their forehead, had two eyes and then 2 more that was closed behind metal eyelids.

I felt something was evil and wrong about it, so I left the house, I was transported to this small mountain  two people were walking around, and saw these weird blue sphere line puzzle things, almost like neurons, had a line inside the line into circle inside phere, we had to connect them to other points, but then lawlock appeared and started following me, I saw them a few ways back and said"run!" And then me and two people started running and there was a steep path they did a rolypoly down, I tried to as well, but somereason as I got closer it was more flat, when I finally got to the edge of the mountain where we hid,  you could see all the land.

I had a dream about my room? thats into self.  Self analysis when you dream of being in a house .

5 minutes ago, Bendy Demon said:

Nope. Have no interest in history nor bibles.

Every days  one`s of dreams is a suggestion .

Edited by docyabut2

3 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Every days  one`s of dreams is a suggestion .

Umm..what? I don't quite understand what you said..

Dreams of Self analysis; dreams in a

house means self

in traveling means searching

in  dreams in schools means learning

gee all I learned of all my dreams :)

Edited by docyabut2

Just now, docyabut2 said:

What I`m trying to say dreams are from suggestions and Self analysis :)

Uh-huh, I see (nods thoughtfully) I am still unsure what my dream may or may not mean (if anything) :)

5 minutes ago, Bendy Demon said:

Uh-huh, I see (nods thoughtfully) I am still unsure what my dream may or may not mean (if anything) :)

gosh I did learned of my dreams and bendy is your dreams are from your suggestions every day .

Edited by docyabut2

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

gosh I did learned of my dreams and bendy is your dreams are from your suggestions every day .

I'm sorry but I still do not understand what you are saying.

On 3/25/2021 at 11:00 AM, Bendy Demon said:

I'm sorry but I still do not understand what you are saying.

IMO she is explaining that dreams are our minds subconsciously processing, then expressing in mental images words etc. ,  recent experiences.

These  experiences can be external eg day to day events, Internal eg thoughts  or even memories of past events and other dreams we have had  Often the mind constructs symbolic interpretations of concepts/ ideas etc  based on our culture eg a wolf might represent danger,  a fox might represent cunning  A rabbit might represent feeling powerless or a victim (unless it worked out a way to escape the fox)   A house might represent comfort or protection. Flying may represent freedom or liberation. Calm water can represent peace and tranquilly; rough water troubled  times or thoughts.  

Because (within cultures) our minds are quite similar,  people tend to use similar symbolic representations.  These can be learned, studied, and understood, to help you better understand, and even control your dreams (and your waking thoughts) 

do we have to post every dream here?