Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yellowstone to erupt?

Roj47

Whilst scanning round Google to learn more about Super-volcanoes I came across this article posted by Dee Finney.

I attach the link to a VERY LONG page just to ensite some debate.

http://www.earthmountainview.com/yellowstone/yellowstone.htm

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roj47

• Celumnaz

• Conspiracy

• Corecries

Top Posters In This Topic

yellowstone is a ticking time bomb, most people say it wont blow in our life time but with recent activity there im sorta doubting it

According to some studies the Yellowstone is actually overdue for an eruption. On the other hand the scientists only have 3 known Yellowstone eruptions to base part of their pattern on.

But also the study of all known super-volcanos suggested (supposedly) a pattern of eruptions and in that study Yellowstone is also overdue.

All that was in a show I watched while back on discovery channel, was very interesting. Basically the show stated we are overdue for super-volcano eruption and since Yellowstone is the only known active super-volcano it’s it’s turn.

The way my luck goes I bet it will blow the day I take my vacation there …. :hmm:

According to some studies the Yellowstone is actually overdue for an eruption. On the other hand the scientists only have 3 known Yellowstone eruptions to base part of their pattern on.

But also the study of all known super-volcanos suggested (supposedly) a pattern of eruptions and in that study Yellowstone is also overdue.

All that was in a show I watched while back on discovery channel, was very interesting. Basically the show stated we are overdue for super-volcano eruption and since Yellowstone is the only known active super-volcano it’s it’s turn.

The way my luck goes I bet it will blow the day I take my vacation there …. :hmm:

It would be a vacation to remember.

Allegedly it is overdue by around 40,000 years, so another 1000+ won't make a huge difference, but it could be tomo....

At least you'd be finished quickly...everyone else would die slowly in a nuclear winter. :o:P

I don't think it's going to erupt any time soon, but when it does, it won't be pretty.

There was a dramatization of what would happen if Yellowstone erupted on the Discovery Channel once. Lots of mudslides, raining ash, etc.

WOW!!! i go to school up at montana state and i just went to yellowstone wiht some buddies im actually going back in august, i suggest you guys go see it!!!! its amazing site!

theres a twin volcano

.. twin volcanoes erupting before yellowstone..

if some quake made yellowstone go off and the fault in CA rip would be massively interesting times. sure hope we have a unified national identity when it happens.