Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Apocalypto' now for Mel, Maya and historians

UM-Bot

news icon rCall it "The Passion of the Maya": Mel Gibson is quietly filming a movie in a Mexican jungle about the collapsed civilization. Given Gibson's cinematic history, experts on the ancient Maya are looking forward to his upcoming epic, "Apocalypto," with a mixture of curiosity and dread.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: AZ Central

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyWeather

• Waspie_Dwarf

• Reincarnated

• FireMoon

Top Posters In This Topic

I sort of had a feeling he'd skip over quite a bit of history to keep the blood flowing. Course, I'm gonna see it anyway.

Is it just me or is Mel Gibson looking a lot like Sadam Hussain these days?

I was thinking the same thing :lol:

well... if its anything like braveheart, his maya film will not be accurate. still, I can't wait to see his film, he's a good directer/acter.

for a second i was wondering why they had a pic of saddam on there. leave it to mel gibson to make another scewed history movie, what a joke.

for a second i was wondering why they had a pic of saddam on there. leave it to mel gibson to make another scewed history movie, what a joke.

hmm... still. who's saying it is an historic movie. it could just be a movie.

call me paranoid but i believe mels movies have alternative agendas other than just making some money.

Edited by Reincarnated

Lets be honest the bloke is a raving looney...off with the fairies... as mad as a box of frogs... one sandwhich short of picnic.... barking mad.... a band short of a festival... not at home to Mr common sense... a tapper....a fruitbat... a tad doo lally.... not quite firing on all six... a co conspirator of the march hare... lacking a full deck in the old grey matter department...

I think the premise of this movie is interesting. They may be a bit inaccurate about

the historical facts, but it seems like a fun movie I would like to see.

Lets be honest the bloke is a raving looney...off with the fairies... as mad as a box of frogs... one sandwhich short of picnic.... barking mad.... a band short of a festival... not at home to Mr common sense... a tapper....a fruitbat... a tad doo lally.... not quite firing on all six... a co conspirator of the march hare... lacking a full deck in the old grey matter department...

Don't hold back FireMoon, say what you really think. :D

for a second i was wondering why they had a pic of saddam on there.=

ME TOO!!

call me paranoid but i believe mels movies have alternative agendas other than just making some money.

yeah... no kidding..

so here is what the movie is really about... the mayans are all sitting around and BOOM here comes jesus and jesus tells them they are all going to hell because they don't believe in him so they say - well, we are going anyway, lets sacrifice eachother.

the end.

I was thinking the samething.

So a movie about an ancient crulture? Interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait for it to come out and to hear a different language.The movie sounds interesting to me. :w00t: