Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Defeating Demons

Randallman

Iron... such as pendants and objects. Especially meteorite iron.

Put this around you for safety from anything malicious.

Try it.

x460-big.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well I would think you'd need a magical item or sword like the Master Sword from Legend of Zelda..

also magic light arrow should also do the trick.

I don't think that's possible to kill demons or djinns or any other negative entity, one with a strong will can make them go away or send them back where they come from at best. But the spiritual world is another plan of existence and even though it's possible they can come into our reality and influence us as living, we cannot do the same as far as I know.

Good luck with your book, though it seems strange to me that you writte a book on a subject which you do not seem have much knowledge about.

Edited by sam_comm

image.png
  • Like 2

Never read anything with much merit in it to me anyway, that even supported the notion of "us" going around "killing demons", for fun or profit or both. Not saying there aren't some material about how one can do it, supposdly, but I'd not just "summon' one too see if the recommended method really worked. I might imagine all "Hell" breaking loose if some "twit" even tried doing such, assuming one buys into the whole "black books" that supposedly has such info cited in them to summon and basically make a "step-and-fetch-it" out of any particular demon the one doing the summoning feels he/she can get lucky" with. It's late and I am off to bed. :yes:

But how can you ''kill'' something that does not live in this world?

Don't believe in it, and it never lives.

• Like 1

Don't believe in it, and it never lives.

That's not the way I see it though and because it never happened to me (and I wish it never will) it is not a valid and sufficient reason in my opinion to disbelieve it. I think such things as very negative entities (often refered to 'Demons' by the catholics and Jews and 'Djinns' by Islam) does exist. Various cases of possessions have been well documented.

Edited by sam_comm

That's not the way I see it though and because it never happened to me (and I wish it never will) it is not a valid and sufficient reason in my opinion to disbelieve it. I think such things as very negative entities (often refered to 'Demons' by the catholics and Jews and 'Djinns' by Islam) does exist. Various cases of possessions have been well documented.

And most later was found to be mental disorders like bipolar or schizophrenia

• Like 1

Is skepticism wavering...which ones were valid in your opinion, or was that just a figure of speech?

• Like 1

The psychological aspect is the first thing to be considered in such cases. Most of them can be ruled out for cause of mental health issues indeed. But you know, a victim do not become suddenly possessed waking up a morning. He/She first experience strange things such as knocks and obscure noises, shadows, eerie feelings, physical attacks sometimes similar to a Poltergeist phenomenon that other witnesses can see too. It torment the victim to the point of possessing his body in extreme cases.

Edited by sam_comm

Cut off its head and two more will grow in its place... medusa

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The psychological aspect is the first thing to be considered in such cases. Most of them can be ruled out for cause of mental health issues indeed. But you know, a victim do not become suddenly possessed waking up a morning. He/She first experience strange things such as knocks and obscure noises, shadows, eerie feelings, physical attacks sometimes similar to a Poltergeist phenomenon that other witnesses can see too. It torment the victim to the point of possessing his body in extreme cases.

Trying not to go too deep but symptoms of psychological problems are developed over time and goes unnoticed so yes I agree they don't wake up with it but it can go out of hand, such as OCD.

The problem is this, The poster who claims to have powers, are possessed, haunted, slept with a god, killed a god, water colors of souls, met the slender-man, is a werewolf/vampire etc is behind a screen. So what the person here has wrote, what they show us, we do not know them, we do not know their history, their family background, their behaviors, their medical past and their honesty.

That is the biggest problem I have here is people who have their own experience, they instantly attach to some one else story, with out a pause of a thought, a consideration of what the person had told us, especially if the story has more holes than a fishing net.

The thing is bipolar and schizophrenia it is not a recent thing, It has been happening to people for many years and people do not consider that when they think about witches and demons possessing people. Think about it in the middle ages, How many people were killed because they had split personalities? or was OCD or was bipolar? Something we are aware now would scare even the family members.

For people removing the demons in peoples souls, How many times you had cases where they revisited the victim that was "cured" from being possessed? There is not that many and the ones that I have had read, were never mentioned or was killed or had the be "cured" numerous times.

• Like 1

Trying not to go too deep but symptoms of psychological problems are developed over time and goes unnoticed so yes I agree they don't wake up with it but it can go out of hand, such as OCD.

True. That is why I think there is sometimes a fine line between paranormal experiences and mental health issues. When a person is no longer able to dissociate the unreal from the real. But then, what makes you scratch your head, is when there is more than on witness or experiencer involved. Symptoms of psychological problem becomes an unsatisfying explanation

The problem is this, The poster who claims to have powers, are possessed, haunted, slept with a god, killed a god, water colors of souls, met the slender-man, is a werewolf/vampire etc is behind a screen. So what the person here has wrote, what they show us, we do not know them, we do not know their history, their family background, their behaviors, their medical past and their honesty.

I totally agree, we just don't know for sure. As for me, I try to give my opinion on the subject and advices I think might be useful and the person can take them or dismiss them.

The thing is bipolar and schizophrenia it is not a recent thing, It has been happening to people for many years and people do not consider that when they think about witches and demons possessing people. Think about it in the middle ages, How many people were killed because they had split personalities? or was OCD or was bipolar? Something we are aware now would scare even the family members.

For people removing the demons in peoples souls, How many times you had cases where they revisited the victim that was "cured" from being possessed? There is not that many and the ones that I have had read, were never mentioned or was killed or had the be "cured" numerous times.

That's why I am quite skeptical about accounts of possessions ages ago. They hadn't the medical knowledge we have and were often falling into extreme religious beliefs. How many people have been accused and burned for witchcraft in the middle-age? That is horrifyc.

But evil can be reckoned since the beginning of Man and whether our species created this concept I do not know but it still exist in our day. Just like some people choose to live an evil life and seems to be of their very nature, I think it is possible that entities are made from or it played a part in it's conception. All that exist is not necesserily visible to our eyes. So, if we accept that in some very rare and extreme cases, possession can occur, there is no reason why it wasn't so in the remote past.

It is very much surprising when you learn that someone, who clearly had his life in ruin and suffered greatly, can be freed and drawn back to normal after an exorcism and not only a catholic exorcism which is relevant to point out. It's as if they gain the strenght to fight back and regain control. How could it be a schizofrenia or an OCD? This can't be cured, only managed unless we believe in miracles.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well besides mental illness there is also fakery...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just having returned, I had made a promise to myself to be more positive and less "rip a throat out based on a posters stupidity". I am pleased to say, I will keep this pledge again this morning, as it is 3:09A.M., with a brief coment or two. In general, most mental health professionals don't now what "really" causes the host of "mental disorders" nor why a lot of meds gives for treatment, do what they do or rather how, refer to the PDR for some wonderful quotes about meds, as if more from "'witchdoctors" than from psychiatrists. I have known and worked with both, well more or less.'Chemical imbalance" is a well worn phrase and still is used, esp. if no one on the treatment team has a clue why a particular pt., recently admitted or readmitted is doing what he used to, "behavior wise" , stopped doing, time frames may vary, it but had started back doing "it"."It" can just about any mental illness the DSM-IV has discovered and classified. "Causes", good luck. "Curses, demonic activity", helping burn some neighbors who were just a tad to odd than the rest of the community, and they had returned to "get even", and the list goes on , much to the unhappiness of we/those that did,a times, work under the shady title of "mental health professionals", MSWs, Ph.D.s, MDs, etc. Well to kill a demon, one must first define it, know its history, as with angels, both are/were "angelic" in origin, one side just got a tad to pushy and, to coin phrase, "all Hell broke loose"and we know what happend to the loosers. God-1, Lucifer-0. But from theology and demonology, to "behavior" and "mental illness". "Mental illness" is still "spooky",MPDs probably the worse to care ya' senseless and least understood. Since the facility here in Raleigh was closed, "big screw-up"(non paid for expession), we don't notice "'them" up-town, just a little out of place but if they have a "Day Pass", well who is to say where they can go, more or less, and most are simply ignored, until one gets a bother and its back to the hospital for a re-evaluation of meds,"behvioral evaluations"etc. before he/she is back uptown feeding the wildlife. By all means, "devils and angels"or "demons" if you wish, the observed behavioral strangeness might still be there but with a different name and frankly a "cause,ie, demons" that can be more accepted than a simple, "we don't know".

Just hav .......................snip................

jackie-chan-wtf-face-i16.jpg

• Like 5

green monster wall o' text = tl;dr

• Like 2

in my speculation, you cannot kill a weak or strong demon whether this entity really exist or not...we're just human beings and they are spiritual entity remember: they are former angels and has equal powers as their former comrades...moving on to the point...exorcism cannot kill a demon nor seal them but only to repel them. :innocent:

if you want to write a book that badly the first refer to the other authors work and some good buddies to help you in your own research.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the story around killing a demon would be very interesting. Around the basic premise of "can a demon be killed?"; I would say yes. A number of years ago, I discovered a new energy technique based on the principle that there are spiritual creatures all around us. They either feed us energy or siphon off our energy affecting our moods, etc. At the core of this technique's principle is the matter of energy transference. In essence, energy can be exchanged and we have the ability to siphon energy from these creatures. That which is could be considered negative energy can be filtered and transformed into positive energy. It takes a strong individual to do this through proper esoteric energy practice but it can be done. What that means is that you can kill a demon using this technique. Because demons and angels are only energy, you could deplete their energy or consume it entirely. Spirit eating if you will. Theoretically, it's a sound technique but no one I know has ever attempted it with such a powerful spiritual creature yet because the energy levels are unfathomable at this point.

That would kind of be like putting on a cat suit and trying to wrestle with a lion. I wouldn't recommend it. Since demons live day in and day out by the mastery of the art of energy dynamics, it's not likely you'll be stealing any from any of them anytime soon. What I've found works is starving them out instead. They feed by agitation. They agitate by scaring or sadness or anger; drama basically. So laughing off their antics and playing down their effects has a powerful effect on starving them out. Give your demon a funny name. Congratulate him on his fine achievments trying to scare you etc. Get along with your family and hug everybody no matter what if you are experiencing an infestation.

You can learn or "be allowed" I guess to see demons infested in nearly everyone on earth. Few realize they come and go in our bodies/minds with relative ease. Especially if we have unresolved issues. This is their forte'. In the last couple of years I've had people, total strangers, fly off the handle at me when I was doing absolutely nothing to provoke it. They then "wake up" and shake their heads as if they couldn't believe what they just did. Often they sheepishly apologize after. At the time of their "performance" I could see what looked like the light go out of their eyes and instead almost imperceptable dark gray shadows darting around just behind their irises. Then when they snap out of it, the shine returns to their eyes. Very unnerving. But also, very interesting to see. The old saying "the devil made me do it" has more to it than you think...

Hi. I'm writing a book, and I need to know some method or another that will kill a weak demon, but only repel a stronger one. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

You cannot kill a demon.

In real life, repelling is done on a metaphysical level.

Any of them can be repelled if you know what to do.

A lowercase, weaker... demon, can be sent packing with something as simple as salting the home, and telling it to get the **** out. A bit more tenacious demon salt the house, cleanse the house, and tell it to get the **** out.

Add a candle ritual of banishment if it seems appropriate.

For a really nasty demon, you need the strength of numbers.

There's a reason serious infestations are done with more than one person.

I personally call on a bigger badder entity. Usually a god from a pantheon to which I align myself.

Demon can be badly battered by higher level entities.

Or you can threaten to send them to the abyss.

Demons dont like the abyss. There are nnnassttty things in the abyss. If one of those is bothering you, again, bigger Badder entry.

Generally speaking, to do this, you need someone of pretty much shaman level to do it.

PS.

There is a way to consecrate a blade, to cut in both worlds.

ie, you can cut a spirit. Theoretically, it should also be able to cut a demon.

I'm not sure I would try it unless threatened directly, which hasn't happened in a long time. Yes, I do have such a knife.

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1