Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israeli air strike kills 54

MaNgO_gIrL_hErE

Either way, I don't think the dozen terrorist-launched missiles toward Israel and two kidnapped soldiers (if that even is true) is comparable to 14 million dollars worth of collateral damage, 1 million refugees and many thousand civilians killed.

Do you guys think it's comparable?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• Avinash_Tyagi

• Moon Monkey

• __Kratos__

Either way, I don't think the dozen terrorist-launched missiles toward Israel and two kidnapped soldiers (if that even is true) is comparable to 14 million dollars worth of collateral damage, 1 million refugees and many thousand civilians killed.

Do you guys think it's comparable?

No, not even close. The amount of civilian casualties and displacement compared to the effect on the military is just insane. Israel is out of line, and the bush administration won't lift a finger to stop it.

Do you want to now compare the amount of physical damage done to serial killers compared to the police officers who capture them?

To me that is the same as what you are doing when you compare the gulity nation of Lebanon to the innocent nation of Israel.

Isreal is defending all of its citizens from being slaughtered by insane killers of Lebanon.

Do you want every Israeli citizen to commit suicide?

Edited by Bella-Angelique

Well whoever stated that have been proven liars.

Rockets being fired from there right beside a large building are on tape.

A classic example of why the propaganda from both sides shouldn't be swallowd whole, even if it is what you want to hear and see. The truth takes time to come out.

Qana attack a mistake, Israeli military concludes

Israel said Thursday that its bombing of the Lebanese village of Qana, in which a number of civilians died, was a mistake and that its attack guidelines would be evaluated and updated as a result.

Sunday's attack would not have been carried out "had the information indicated that civilians were present," a statement from the Israeli military said.

The military said it had been following guidelines regarding attacking "suspicious structures" in Lebanese villages from which civilians have been warned to leave.

Initial reports put the death toll from the attack at 54. But Human Rights Watch has revised that figure to 28 people killed, with another 13 missing.

Lt.-Gen. Dan Halutz, the chief of staff of the Israeli military, apologized for the deaths.

However, he added that the attack occurred because Hezbollah uses "civilians as human shields and intentionally operates from within civilian villages and infrastructure" to launch rocket attacks on Israeli targets.(but not in this case - my comment)

cont'd

Source

I don't think that Israel is innocent in this case. Your analogy of police and serial murderers is not complete. Imagine that the police shoot 10 citizens; destroy city blocks; destroy the water and power lines to citizens homes; and blow up the infrastructure in order to catch a single serial murderer.

That kind of police action wouldn't be tolerated here.

Yes, again, some could get left behind, out of more than 700,000, but any contact with any organisation could have seen their safe evacuation. They could have walked to Israel under live TV cameras and have been well looked after, its gotta be better than sitting there.

Yes but for whatever reason it didn't happen, the Onus still falls on Israel to not bomb them.

Do you have a link to this purposeful live massacre of which you talk, or are you still talking about Qana when the Israelis had no idea that people were there other than rocket-firers?

Still referring to Qana,I'm not arguing whther it was intentional or not, I hope it wasn't, but It's still a massacre (Excessive killing)

The Red Cross are talking bollox if that is what they really said, we've seen videos, even if not from that exact building rockets have been fired from Qana. Fact. The UN accepts that is what Hezbollah do, Wait till the dust settles and the UN/journos can have a good look round.

Fair enough, we can wait an see.

The track record in peace agreements with Jordan/Egypt has been good. Fundamentalism gone wild is the difference here.

Yes with Peace talks, see the keyword, talking.

You would like to see Hezbollah disarmed? How? Ask them nicely? They were supposed to have been disarmed 6 years ago.

Yes because Israel's method is working so well, how many rockets are Hezbollah still firing? And how many more days till they're forced to accept a cease-fire?

Not targetting areas where civilians MAY be....well thats Lebanon then, unless Hezbollah want to fight in open fields, which I am sure they dont. That would be ideal for the Israelis.

Has their current method stopped Hezbollah?

I am starting to think you are on a wind-up. Either that or you are exactly the type of person Hezbollah is thriving on, appeasement/*****-footing/PC/liberal. I haven't heard you say a bad word about the most fearsome fundamentalist terrorist army in the world, who started this and chose the battlefield without checking their own civilians are out of there. No-one wants innocents killed, only Hezbollah benefit. Their manifesto recognises no agreement/peace treaty with the zionists and calls for Israels total destruction. After Qana the TV here was full of recriminations, no-one here wants this kind of thing to happen again so if there are more large groups stupidly sitting there, TELL SOMEONE !!

Really so calling them evil and terrorists is saying nothing bad? :rolleyes:

Just because I am not Frothing at the mouth to see people die like you are, I must be a "*****-footing" PC liberal eh?

Edited by Avinash_Tyagi

My analogy might have been terrible, but the fact remains that with 87% of Lebanon supporting the commitment to every have every Jew in Israel killed, to me they are a nation full of serial killers.

They are monsters who cry for themselves while having no respect for the human life of those not like them.

Bombing toll down to 28.. http://www.cjp.org/content_display.html?ArticleID=190729

This entire crisis has been brewing for along time now...It has to play itself out. The real war is the religious cold war (Islam vs. The World) that is starting up. Even if this altercation was to cease immediately, the real reasons for confilct will have not been resolved. The Hezbolla (along with other terrorist organizations) routinely shield themselves with 'civilians' (I wonder if there is any civilians in this war-save for the children and very old), and won't likely be stopping the practice anytime soon, so this kind of casuality count should be expected in the future...

Talk ain't gonna work with this one for a while.. :unsure:

No, not even close. The amount of civilian casualties and displacement compared to the effect on the military is just insane. Israel is out of line, and the bush administration won't lift a finger to stop it.

What do you suggest Israel do, then?

Sit back and wait until Hezbollah runs out of rockets?

They could work out a deal with Syria over the occupied land, for example. And there's a whole lot of other options.

You'd have to be pretty limited if all you can come up with is a massive invasion, that makes matters much worse for both sides.

What your news channels do not show you...

user posted image

user posted image

Monday, July 17, 2006: Kiryat shmona

Israeli girls write messages on a shell at a heavy artillery position firing into civilians inside Lebanon. :huh:

There are several other pics with me -all very very disturbing but I'd rather not share them here. They can churn your internals, trust me.

Blind air strikes and deaths of innocent civilians can never be justified. NEVER.

How do you know when this photos were taken, what they are writing on the shells and

if these are not dummy shells for exercise?

Edited by AROCES

Israel don't seek children and bomb them, Hezbollah on the other hand lure Israel to fire on the civilians. The truth of the matter is it is meant for the MEDIA! For people like yourself, see how it works?

r you fuc*ing serious :angry2: 200+ casualties in lebanon compared to the 12 on the isreali side, and this started over 2 hostages, yes they were not kidnapped, they were seized cause they went past the border, and israeli sends recon troops across their border this is a well known fact, while israel has hezbollah soldiers captive even before this started but you dont see that on your news do u :angry2:

How do you know when this photos were taken, what they are writing on the shells and

if these are not dummy shells for exercise?

do they look faike :no:

My analogy might have been terrible, but the fact remains that with 87% of Lebanon supporting the commitment to every have every Jew in Israel killed, to me they are a nation full of serial killers.

They are monsters who cry for themselves while having no respect for the human life of those not like them.

how do u think israelis feel about muslims, yes u shud address both sides before you even speak :angry2:

r you fuc*ing serious :angry2: 200+ casualties in lebanon compared to the 12 on the isreali side, and this started over 2 hostages, yes they were not kidnapped, they were seized cause they went past the border, and israeli sends recon troops across their border this is a well known fact, while israel has hezbollah soldiers captive even before this started but you dont see that on your news do u :angry2:

Yes, people like you. See how it works? Hezbollah is responsible as much for the dead Lebanese, but to people LIKE YOU their hands are clean and it is the Israeli who killed them. Without people LIKE YOU, the terrorist would really not thrive as much.

how do u think israelis feel about muslims, yes u shud address both sides before you even speak :angry2:

Here are both sides

Israel Constitution - No mention of destroying islam or arabs

Hezbollah Charter - WIPE OUT ISRAEL NO MATTER WHAT

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So according to documentation and self identification, Israel is not committed to harming moslems while Hezbollah, 87% of Lebanon, are committed to kill Israelis until the last one if wiped out.

No land deal of any kind will change that.

It is not in the Hezbollah charter to compromise.

------------------------------------------------------------------

:no:

Israel has no constitution, like Canada and New Zealand.

Like Canada and New Zealand, Israel has a set of "fundamental laws" however Israel's discriminate against non-Jews, unlike Canada and New Zealand. For example the Right of Return for Jews to Israel. A Jewish person who has never set foot in Israel has the right of return but Palestinian refugees have no right of return to their homes inside Israel's borders. Israel's laws are somewhat similar to the laws of apartheid South Africa, who called the ANC and Nelson Mandela "Terrorists" for resisting them in their day, now Mandela is called a "Hero". One man's hero is another man's terrorist, it's all about perspective. In the Hizballah/Israel case I would call them both terrorists and the heroes are the ones that reject both.

Here are both sides

Hezbollah Charter - WIPE OUT ISRAEL NO MATTER WHAT

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So according to documentation and self identification, Israel is not committed to harming moslems while Hezbollah, 87% of Lebanon, are committed to kill Israelis until the last one if wiped out.

No land deal of any kind will change that.

It is not in the Hezbollah charter to compromise.

------------------------------------------------------------------

:no:

so did the 45,000 palestines that died in the last 4 years kill them selves?

Yes, people like you. See how it works? Hezbollah is responsible as much for the dead Lebanese, but to people LIKE YOU their hands are clean and it is the Israeli who killed them. Without people LIKE YOU, the terrorist would really not thrive as much.

im a muslim, and they are the only ones trying to take back our land, you should be happy that the imam died

It seems to be foreign and strange to them, while we have been putting our sigs on everything as far back as the cannon used in the Civil War, that I know of.

Not too strange I would think. Israel has always had a highen threat all around them. :hmm: Kids have to learn that defending themselves against idiots are wrong. (btw, Bella... I'm starting a petition to get you to bring back your old sig. :D:lol::devil: )

If Israel is using too much force here... That only simply means Lebanon didn't use enough the past 20 + years to get rid of Hizbollah. They failed in their job and now Hizbollah started a full war with Israel. Yet, most of you curse out Israel for getting sick of freaking living in fear, hiding and not lifting their finger.

Think of your neighbor next door holding rallies in his front yard calling for your death. Burning your picture in his bbq pit. Screaming insults and filth at you. Then... Finally... one day...that neighbor kidnaps your child for a hostage. No police or FBI to help or anything...you have to let your child go or get him back no matter what. - What to do... what to do...

Edited by __Kratos__

Think of your neighbor next door holding rallies in his front yard calling for your death. Burning your picture in his bbq pit. Screaming insults and filth at you. Then... Finally... one day...that neighbor kidnaps your child for a hostage. No police or FBI to help or anything...you have to let your child go or get him back no matter what. - What to do... what to do...

Big difference Kratos, I'd never hurt anyone else in his family, just him, Israel on the other hand...

Big difference Kratos, I'd never hurt anyone else in his family, just him, Israel on the other hand...

I'll throw my words in then using my example...

I'd kill the entire neighborhood to get my loved one back. I mean... the neighborhood supported the neighbor all this time... They are part of the problem - not part of the solution.

I'll throw my words in then using my example...

I'd kill the entire neighborhood to get my loved one back. I mean... the neighborhood supported the neighbor all this time... They are part of the problem - not part of the solution.

Even the children?

Also killing everyone in the neighborhood would probably get you arrested, or at least on America's most wanted ;):P

im a muslim, and they are the only ones trying to take back our land, you should be happy that the imam died

What land? The land of Israel? Where were you when they were building their country???