Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israeli air strike kills 54

MaNgO_gIrL_hErE

Hizbullah rockets cannot be fired from buildings

Well glad we got that cleared up. :rolleyes: Israel has been showing video of Hezbollah firing rockets from beside the buildings.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• Avinash_Tyagi

• Moon Monkey

• __Kratos__

Which one do you guys think is more honorable.

Straping a bomb on you and blowing yourself up and killing a 100 civilians?

OR

Launching a missle and killing a 100 civilians with no harm done to you?

I think there both cowerdly and pathetic but I say a suicide bomb takes more courage then pushing a button.

Neither is more honorable and neither is more courageous. The only difference is the other one has more modern weapons!

Neither is more honorable and neither is more courageous. The only difference is the other one has more modern weapons!

:blink: Hezbollah has the most modern anti-tank missiles and lots of funding from Syria and Iran for weapons and support.

Well glad we got that cleared up. :rolleyes: Israel has been showing video of Hezbollah firing rockets from beside the buildings.

Yes indeed, glad we cleared that up. We are discussing the Qana attack in particular, correct?

So how do you explain bombing a building because rockets were said to be fired from the area? Though there were no rockets fired from the area Israel insisted that there were and that's why they bombed it. If rockets can at best be fired from beside a building how does bombing the surrounding buildings, with the very real possibility that there are civilians inside, make sense?

Yes indeed, glad we cleared that up. We are discussing the Qana attack in particular, correct?

So how do you explain bombing a building because rockets were said to be fired from the area? Though there were no rockets fired from the area Israel insisted that there were and that's why they bombed it. If rockets can at best be fired from beside a building how does bombing the surrounding buildings, with the very real possibility that there are civilians inside, make sense?

Targeting the areas and the buildings were being used as cover for Hezbollah. Israel didn't know people were inside, Hezbollah did though and they knew what Israel would do when they fired the rockets at them.

Israel can't let people fire rockets into their country by terrorists go without response.

:blink: Hezbollah has the most modern anti-tank missiles and lots of funding from Syria and Iran for weapons and support.

Israel has not lost one tank so far, you call that the most modern? Maybe they will get lucky and hit one Israeli tank and for sure they will have a victory parade for it.

You call the rockets from Syria and Iran that they fire modern? The Katyusha rocket accuracy is poor and so is the reloading time.

Israel has not lost one tank so far, you call that the most modern? Maybe they will get lucky and hit one Israeli tank and for sure they will have a victory parade for it.

You call the rockets from Syria and Iran that they fire modern? The Katyusha rocket accuracy is poor and so is the reloading time.

Missiles neutralizing Israeli tanks

In the last two days alone, these missiles have killed seven soldiers and damaged three Israeli-made Merkava tanks - mountains of steel that are vaunted as symbols of Israel's military might, the army said. Israeli media say most of the 44 soldiers killed in four weeks of fighting were hit by anti-tank missiles.

and

"They (Hezbollah guerrillas) have some of the most advanced anti-tank missiles in the world," said Yossi Kuperwasser, a senior military intelligence officer who retired earlier this summer.

Their rockets aren't all modern, but some of the ones they've fired are pretty decent. Like that one they fired at the Israeli ship was pretty good. They have firepower and they have men with more then enough guns.

It's looking that they are using the same eq as the Syria or Iranian military does. So it's not like they don't have tools for the job.

:w00t:

Missiles neutralizing Israeli tanks

In the last two days alone, these missiles have killed seven soldiers and damaged three Israeli-made Merkava tanks - mountains of steel that are vaunted as symbols of Israel's military might, the army said. Israeli media say most of the 44 soldiers killed in four weeks of fighting were hit by anti-tank missiles.

and

"They (Hezbollah guerrillas) have some of the most advanced anti-tank missiles in the world," said Yossi Kuperwasser, a senior military intelligence officer who retired earlier this summer.

Their rockets aren't all modern, but some of the ones they've fired are pretty decent. Like that one they fired at the Israeli ship was pretty good. They have firepower and they have men with more then enough guns.

It's looking that they are using the same eq as the Syria or Iranian military does. So it's not like they don't have tools for the job.

Oh they have weapons that can do some damage here and there, but to win the war? I don't think so.

As I asked someone else on this site................

Would you be in favor of arming Hezbollah with "smart" weapons so that they could focus on only Israeli military targets?

If my translation of that gobbledygook is correct, I would simply say if you pick a fight against F-16 and Merkavas don't be surprised if people get hurt. Its quite simple, adher to 1559 and disarm Hezbollah.

I was replying to a post about the honor of entering a disco and blowing up kids, entering a cafe and destroying families or accidently killing civilians through incorrect information or through your enemy picking a civilian packed area as his battleground.

Screw the virgins, thats crazy talk anyway that may have worked in the middle ages but its now 2006. :wacko:

Oh sorry I forgot to ask, are you MEKORIG saying that suicide bombing civilians in cold blood is a valid tactic ? Just trying to establish your position/sanity.

Honor. An outdated concept in modern warfare sadly. Whit carpet bombing of civilians cities, and the "collateral dameges" fo the new warfare, the civilians have loose the "untouchable" status. And in asimetric warfare, more comonly called "guerrilla warfare", the attacks in civilian targets to desmoralize the enemy its a valid tactic.

I dont aprove this (in fact, in dont aprove war only in the most criucial times), but its a reality of this time. The kids in the disco or refugges kids in the abandoned building are both victims in a war.

I dont know what is "gobbledygook". If its a reference t my grammar, i ask you pardon, but i am still learning english.

IN the wacky part, i agree, its crazy to the western mindset the concep to blowing you up to destroy your enemies, but i think its the result of a very patriarcal and monotheist society, plus the reality of an outgoing war whit people from another religion.

By the way AROCES, Kratos is right. The Israeli have lost quite a lot of tanks in the last weeks. The warzone is of hills and ravines, and Hizbolla had an extensive tunnel complex and anti-tank RPGs and Missiles.

Your English is excellent.

Gobbledygook is slang that means something like a stew where different parts of many different things are all thrown in the pot together to try to create something in order to make do with what is on hand.

I understand, thanks Bella. By the way, i demand more pics of the asian hottie of Galactica! :drool: :P

Two more months till the show is back on.

Hooray! The acters have signed 5 year contracts so there should not be a big gap in time in the story like this again. :D

By the way AROCES, Kratos is right. The Israeli have lost quite a lot of tanks in the last weeks. The warzone is of hills and ravines, and Hizbolla had an extensive tunnel complex and anti-tank RPGs and Missiles.

Quite a lot? What is quite a lot, 3? And to my understanding those tanks got damaged,

not destroyed. They do have weapons that can cause real damage here and there, but to label them as having the most modern weaponry? I see no Hezbollha Aircraft intercepting an Israeli F-16,

I see no AAA bringing it down either. I see no laser guided missiles fired by the Hezbollah, I see no artillery that can be more accurate than the Katsuya rockets being fired by the Hezbollah, I see no Hezbollah tanks taking on the Merkava?

Edited by AROCES

Targeting the areas and the buildings were being used as cover for Hezbollah. Israel didn't know people were inside, Hezbollah did though and they knew what Israel would do when they fired the rockets at them.

Israel can't let people fire rockets into their country by terrorists go without response.

But there were no rockets fired from that area for at least two days, wouldn't dropping bombs on a building days after rockets were fired from Qana increase the chance of civilian casualties and what purpose would destroying these buildings have if it had been days since rockets were fired from the Qana area?

I understand Israel would obviously want to respond to the rocket attacks but why bomb a random building days later?

If Israel didn't know if anyone was in the building why bomb it?

How do you know Hizballah knew there were civilians in the building? Sounds like the same demonizing that is being used by the other side, saying Israel intentionally bombed civilians. I don't believe they intentionally killed those civilians only that their strategy increases the chance of civilian casualties by bombing random buildings.

If there were no rockets or fighters in the area that day what purpose would bombing that building serve?

As I asked someone else on this site................

Would you be in favor of arming Hezbollah with "smart" weapons so that they could focus on only Israeli military targets?

Hello truthorder, good question.

Smart weapons are only as smart as their targeters. Israel has smart weapons but many civilians have been killed, would Hizballah do the same with their smart weapons? Probably.

I do however believe that Hizballah wouldn't only aim for larger targets, villages, cities, if they had smart weapons but they probably would still fire into civilian areas to hit targets as does Israel. Hizballah would probably start aiming for the infrastructure targets that Israel has bombed in Lebanon.

I do see your point, I have also mentioned that there has been no news of Hizballah suicide bombings, give a fighter a missile and he'll stop blowing himself up. There is obviously something to be said for a well equipped guerilla/"terrorist" force.

Oh they have weapons that can do some damage here and there, but to win the war? I don't think so.

Your post brings up a good question. Who might win this war? (Specifically the Israel/Hizballah war, it could escalate to a larger conflict but the conflict at this time)

An important question, what needs to be accomplished by either side to claim victory?

My opinion...

Israel said initially that they were going to destroy Hizballah, but is that still possible?

I don't think so, they were relying on a victory from air power alone which doesn't seem to be working, just as many rockets as ever and ground forces battling a still formidable enemy.

Did Hizballah make any statement to the effect of what they seek to achieve in this conflict?

Not that I am aware of, it has been said however that if Hizballah just holds on and forces Israel to give up trying to destroy them(for the time being) they can claim victory. A costly victory but a victory nonetheless. The problem with resistance groups, they are incredibly difficult to eliminate entirely.

Your post brings up a good question. Who might win this war? (Specifically the Israel/Hizballah war, it could escalate to a larger conflict but the conflict at this time)

An important question, what needs to be accomplished by either side to claim victory?

My opinion...

Israel said initially that they were going to destroy Hizballah, but is that still possible?

I don't think so, they were relying on a victory from air power alone which doesn't seem to be working, just as many rockets as ever and ground forces battling a still formidable enemy.

Did Hizballah make any statement to the effect of what they seek to achieve in this conflict?

Not that I am aware of, it has been said however that if Hizballah just holds on and forces Israel to give up trying to destroy them(for the time being) they can claim victory. A costly victory but a victory nonetheless. The problem with resistance groups, they are incredibly difficult to eliminate entirely.

Israel is fighting this war militarily, they are cutting off the supplies from Syria and Iran and encircling them. In a few days I bet you will hear in the news hundreds of Hezbollah fighters dead or surrendering. While the hezbollah is fighting it politically, they are hoping the civilian casualty propaganda will put a halt on the Israeli, for them that is a victory and they will play it as if they manage to hold off the Israeli army. They may regroup after loosing this battle, but they will be so weaken with their capability to fight and will have less support.

If Israel doesn't accidentally kill enough civilians in a day to impress the media, I'm sure that hezbollah makes sure that there are enough casualties to gain sympathy. I don't think that they would have any problem with burning a few of thier own alive to make sure that the news crews have a little something to report on. Earlier there was word that they were not allowing the civilians to leave certain areas when the Israelis warned them to in an effort to increase the death rate.

I don't post often, though this conflict has me intrigued. I know the what, where, when and how. But my question is...why? If from what I've been reading from international press agencies is correct, Hezbollah did initiate this string of attacks in July. I could be wrong - I don't mind being corrected either. :)

What do they hope to accomplish? Has human society slipped so far off it's rocker in some parts of the world that this is the only way to get attention? Organizations and various groups always want their message to be heard. That is understandable. When it comes at the expense of human life of their own group and of others, are they really accomplishing anything at all? Certainly nothing positive, in my opinion.

Also, people, when attacked, act out of self-defense. That is clearly the case, though there are much more effective ways of eliminating the enemy rather than brute force bombing. Bombings just make for flashy news stories. Which is I think is what they want. Why not go back to the Classical way of doing things, assassinating your enemy and all of his/her supporters while leaving those innocents around them alone?

Much more effective, much less blood and mess, and all buildings and infrastructure are left in tact. Target has been eliminated and will eventually fade from public knowledge.

It's just like a child poking at a beehive with a stick. Curiosity about the others defences. Only htis time Israel had had enough and is pounding the !@#$ out of them.

Israel is fighting this war militarily, they are cutting off the supplies from Syria and Iran and encircling them. In a few days I bet you will hear in the news hundreds of Hezbollah fighters dead or surrendering. While the hezbollah is fighting it politically, they are hoping the civilian casualty propaganda will put a halt on the Israeli, for them that is a victory and they will play it as if they manage to hold off the Israeli army. They may regroup after loosing this battle, but they will be so weaken with their capability to fight and will have less support.

Actually they've pretty much won this war already, Israel is no where near being able to defeat them on the Battle field, their support in the Arab world has grown (their resistance against Israel has won them great respect among Muslims), not to mention the civilians dead due to Israel's airstrikes has garnered WW condemnation, and their military capability remains largely intact (as evidenced by continued Rocket strikes), contrary to Israel's claim of having shattered their forces, not to mention once the fighting stops and the bridges and airports are rebuilt they'll start recieving more weapons from Syria and Iran.

Like I said Israel has gained nothing from this conflict, maybe they should think about trying my Idea (Peace talks).

Actually they've pretty much won this war already, Israel is no where near being able to defeat them on the Battle field, their support in the Arab world has grown (their resistance against Israel has won them great respect among Muslims), not to mention the civilians dead due to Israel's airstrikes has garnered WW condemnation, and their military capability remains largely intact (as evidenced by continued Rocket strikes), contrary to Israel's claim of having shattered their forces, not to mention once the fighting stops and the bridges and airports are rebuilt they'll start recieving more weapons from Syria and Iran.

Like I said Israel has gained nothing from this conflict, maybe they should think about trying my Idea (Peace talks).

Peace talks with who exactly? Hezbollah? Iran? Syria? Lebanon?

Hezbollah are on record saying they will never acknowledge any peace agreement with the 'zionists' and can do what they want, when they want until Jerusalem is the centre of a sharia super-state. You wanna try and reason with these guys in peace talks go ahead? http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5...amp;q=hezbollah

Shame they never quite managed to disarm Hezbollah or deploy the Lebanese army in the south after the last agreement that came from peace talks with Lebanon. Do you think that the UN peace makers/keepers are prepared to die to disarm them?

That leaves Syria and Iran. :no:

I think that we should wait for the dust to settle at the end of all this before we guess as to Hezbollahs remaining capabilities.The gloves will come off soon especially as all civilians are now supposed to have gone (please tell me no-one else is still sitting there). Then we will see how many rockets they keep firing as its going to be more difficult now that the Israelis say they are going to shoot any vehicle that moves south of the Litani and bump up ground forces. It will be back to pre-2000, a steady drip-drip of Israeli soldiers dying and a few rockets here and there.

Unless it goes up in the open with Iran, thats a different story.

BTW I know I am being pedantic but shouldn't we change the title of this thread to ' Israeli air strike kills 28' ,just for accuracy, as that is the final toll given by the Human Rights Watch researchers at the scene?

Edited by Moon Monkey

Peace talk had been tried and the Israeli pulled out of Southern Lebanon.

UN Security Resolutin 1559 - Israel pulls out and withdrew, South Lebanon must be free of any Militant or armed groups. Hezbollah occupied it anyway, Lebanon or UN did nothing.

There you go- PEACE TALK.

What song comes after Give Peace a Chance and the chance was given.

Maybe we need a new song and a new mood that covers that reality.

source

Beating with life you promised life,

security, happiness.

Unfortunate son cornered,

cowering in the pit of

circling panes of glass that

surround and reveal the ever present "It".

"It" is my move, my every look,

interpreting gestures,

informing other

what's undercover and

lurking beneath my mask

of this year's featured model.

Is this too much?

Close your eyes.

Care to look inside? I am I!

What may appear

might easily be explained,

but given the situation