Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israeli air strike kills 54

MaNgO_gIrL_hErE

The gloves will come off soon especially as all civilians are now supposed to have gone (please tell me no-one else is still sitting there). Then we will see how many rockets they keep firing as its going to be more difficult now that the Israelis say they are going to shoot any vehicle that moves south of the Litani and bump up ground forces. It will be back to pre-2000, a steady drip-drip of Israeli soldiers dying and a few rockets here and there.

What happens when the Civilians start coming back after the major fighting ends? Will Israel try to prvent people from going back to their homes? Yeah that'll go over well.

Peace talk had been tried and the Israeli pulled out of Southern Lebanon.

UN Security Resolutin 1559 - Israel pulls out and withdrew, South Lebanon must be free of any Militant or armed groups. Hezbollah occupied it anyway, Lebanon or UN did nothing.

There you go- PEACE TALK.

What song comes after Give Peace a Chance and the chance was given.

Maybe we need a new song and a new mood that covers that reality.

Yeah the military option has worked so well.

And that's where my point lies, Israel is never going to solve this on the Battlefield, as Syria and Iran are supporters of Hezbollah, it won't end.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• Avinash_Tyagi

• Moon Monkey

• __Kratos__

What happens when the Civilians start coming back after the major fighting ends? Will Israel try to prvent people from going back to their homes? Yeah that'll go over well.

And that's where my point lies, Israel is never going to solve this on the Battlefield, as Syria and Iran are supporters of Hezbollah, it won't end.

Perhaps, when Iran and Syria get involved officially and Israel's allies get involved, then it will finally end. :tu:

I caught a bit of news on BBC via PBS this morning. Olmert says " I know you are all thinking we are fighting against Hezbollah. But lets face it, the state of Israel is fighting against the Iranians and the Syrians who are using the Hezbollah in order to attack Israel from the north. " (I posted this bit of news on Youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIaR01D_3Ro )

The comment he says, reminds me of an article I recently read on CNN that was posted July 28, 2006 called " Lebanon 101: Behind the headlines" found here: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/27/cnna.mackey/

A second article I found today, Aug. 8th, 2006, to be out in Newsweek, International Edition on Aug. 14th, 2006 says a similar quote as the above CNN article that "Syria kept Hizbullah in check"

The article is called "Appointment In Damascus"

found here: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14207410/ < this article is written by Robert Baer, a former CIA agent (for over 20 years) . He is also the same guy I recently watched on a video called " The Cult of a Suicide Bomber" (see "preview" of this movie here: http://www.dailymotion.com/CindyPDX/video/...o-why-and-where )

And last but certainly not least, this article posted by the Boston Globe on July 13th, 2006 called:

"Iran's Trap for Israel"

It drives me nuts that Lebanon is paying for this h3ll - NO thanks to Syria and Iran!

Edited by Cinders

It's just like a child poking at a beehive with a stick. Curiosity about the others defences. Only htis time Israel had had enough and is pounding the !@#$ out of them.

but over 2 people that were captured when they went over their border :hmm:

and its usually israel poking the bee hive, and is now

I caught a bit of news on BBC via PBS this morning. Olmert says " I know you are all thinking we are fighting against Hezbollah. But lets face it, the state of Israel is fighting against the Iranians and the Syrians who are using the Hezbollah in order to attack Israel from the north. " (I posted this bit of news on Youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIaR01D_3Ro )

The comment he says, reminds me of an article I recently read on CNN that was posted July 28, 2006 called " Lebanon 101: Behind the headlines" found here: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/27/cnna.mackey/

A second article I found today, Aug. 8th, 2006, to be out in Newsweek, International Edition on Aug. 14th, 2006 says a similar quote as the above CNN article that "Syria kept Hizbullah in check"

The article is called "Appointment In Damascus"

found here: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14207410/ < this article is written by Robert Baer, a former CIA agent (for over 20 years) . He is also the same guy I recently watched on a video called " The Cult of a Suicide Bomber" (see "preview" of this movie here: http://www.dailymotion.com/CindyPDX/video/...o-why-and-where )

And last but certainly not least, this article posted by the Boston Globe on July 13th, 2006 called:

"Iran's Trap for Israel"

It drives me nuts that Lebanon is paying for this h3ll - NO thanks to Syria and Iran!

how sure are you about this info, people are coming to assumptions :yes:

but over 2 people that were captured when they went over their border :hmm:

and its usually israel poking the bee hive, and is now

So... Israel was just suppose to accept that and just let their soldiers go?

She quoted all her sources quite clearly in her post. :huh:

Thank you Kratos!

Yea, Saladin, these are just from BIASED BLOGS I posted from *jeez!* DID YOU EVEN READ MY SOURCES I posted ?? Who wrote these etc?? :rolleyes:

Take some time and really research - it is not the 70's or 80's .. we NOW have the INTERNET for heavens sakes!

But if you are looking for ways to justify things for Syria or Iran.. or beat Israel down to hellz door while taking with them, Lebanon who is an innocent victim in this f'ing PROXY war.. then dude, you just won't find it out there.. that is unless you are just reading sites from Iran or Syria. *pfft!*

Edited by Cinders

SF, if you'll recall, it was the actions of the hezbollah terrorists that started this thing. No, the Israelis were not in Lebanon. There is no evidence to support that. The kidnapped soldiers were not on maneuvers.

O.K., let's say that all that terrorist babble is true. Why would the Israelis want to invade Lebanon? Could it be that hezbollah was launching rockets out of the region for the past several years? Surely, you don't blame a nation for trying to protect itself from rocket launching madmen? I'm certain that you would agree that any nation would do what it had to do to stop the continuous missile attacks on its citizens.

Granted that there has been a lot of tit for tat in the area for a long time but, THIS incident was clearly started by the terrorists. To say otherwise is to say that you're only counting arab casualties.

Why on earth would Israel stop them coming back when its all over? They pulled out before and will pull out again, it is simply a case of removing a fundamentalist muslim army bristling with Iranian and Syrian weapons from their doorstep. The military option has not finished yet let us wait till it is before we guage Hezbollah strength, then again while resupply is possible it really will not end, hence resupply needs to be stopped one way or another. Driving covered trucks into Lebanon from Syria right now is not a good idea but when they do get hit Syria say they were full of medicene or teddy bears and is patted on the back while Israel gets international condemnation for doing what it must do in an attempt to end this.

Peace talks with Lebanon have been tried before, Israel kept their side just ask the UN. Lebanon have taken 6 years plus 25 days of war before they even considered doing what they were supposed to do under that agreement and provide security in the south and to be the only military entity in their own country. At the least they have been complacent, at the most complicant. Now they are putting conditions on a cease-fire, having done nothing for 6 years surely they would want the fighting to stop under any circumstances (including an Israeli force remaining in the south until the....cough ' peacekeepers' get there). Surely a short Israeli occupation, without major fighting is better than a short Israeli occupation with fighting. Or are the puppetmasters now yanking the Lebanese chain a little harder as a possible end came within sight.

Yes Israel can solve this on the battlefield, but only when it goes overt with Syria and Iran. Thats the real battlefield, Lebanon is suffering as Hezbollah hide behind civilians and Iran/Syria hide behind Hezbollah. But still no-one says anything about Syria/Iran. Is the world waiting for Iran to detonate a nuclear weapon before they say anything to them.

Israel has started the fightback against fundamentalism, time for all free people to see through the public relations and realise that if it is not done soon it is going to be the next generation, if there is one, who suffer. Where are all the insurgents in Iraq coming from, being armed by, being directed by. Once again we see a proxy war and Iran hiding behind fundamentalists with civilians suffering. I foresee Kofi Anan coming back from Tehran with a 'peace in our time' agreement a la Chamberlain and the nazis, then again Tehran are not even making the right noises. I particulary liked the quote where Tehran welcomed a nuclear war with Israel as the Jews will be wiped out whereas at least 70% of the arabs will survive, that is what we are dealing with. Imagine if Israel said the things Iran have said about wanting the destruction of the Muslims. I really don't understand how people can be so blind. Yes it is shocking that the civilians in Lebanon ( and Israel) are suffering but unless something is done this will simply be the tip of the ice-berg.

Come on...its patently obvious that targeting civilians is exactly what they are doing.

They're even targeting UN staff.

Come on...its patently obvious that targeting civilians is exactly what they are doing.

They're even targeting UN staff.

If you are being hit by rockets and you know that no matter how many civilians you kill the ones firing rockets at you don't give a damn and would keep shooting at you.

Would you hit the civilians or the ones firing at you?

If you are being hit by rockets and you know that no matter how many civilians you kill the ones firing rockets at you don't give a damn and would keep shooting at you.

Would you hit the civilians or the ones firing at you?

Exactly my point, from a moral point of view, the israelies are behaving no better than Hezbola, they are indistinguishable.

Exactly my point, from a moral point of view, the israelies are behaving no better than Hezbola, they are indistinguishable.

A moral point of view can understand that in any conflict there is always first blood, and that one side is the attacker and one side the defender.

Seems like your understanding of matter here is of very narrow view. You want Israel to not do anything for it might hurt civilians who harbors the very same people who wants them destroyed?

That is your moral point of view? :blink:

I give up. Is that a statue of Stan Lee's new supervillain the Dark Enforcer? :w00t:

It's true, no side is better or more right that the other, and personally I think that photo of the bust that MrVelvet posted is a spitting image of Ms. Clinton.

Dark Enforcer? eh well if i payed enough attention to polotics I might have an opinion on that.

I hate war and bloodshed. Enough said. Both sides need to stop bickering over petty things and just get on with their live and whatnot. Millions of dollars and hundreds of lives lost on what? A disagrement? A reason that not many of the people fighting even remember or know?

Foolish.

Seems like your understanding of matter here is of very narrow view. You want Israel to not do anything for it might hurt civilians who harbors the very same people who wants them destroyed?

That is your moral point of view? :blink:

Yea of course your right, perhaps the best thing for Israel to do is flatten the place & kill everyone aka Hiroshima, yea that would solve the problem & obviously they would have the full support of the good 'ol U.S of A. :devil:

Yea of course your right, perhaps the best thing for Israel to do is flatten the place & kill everyone aka Hiroshima, yea that would solve the problem & obviously they would have the full support of the good 'ol U.S of A. :devil:

YUP! That could be the best thing to do to end this problem. NUKE all the hot spots which Israel and America actually is capable of doing.

But they are not really the devil that you think they are, they are making sure that those who would actually do such thing when they could never get to that stage.

YUP! That could be the best thing to do to end this problem. NUKE all the hot spots which Israel and America actually is capable of doing.

But they are not really the devil that you think they are, they are making sure that those who would actually do such thing when they could never get to that stage.

Yes that option is only available to the chosen few, ... i mean what depraved nation would be so inhuman as to use such a weapon..... :rolleyes:

Yes that option is only available to the chosen few, ... i mean what depraved nation would be so inhuman as to use such a weapon..... :rolleyes:

Yes, that option should only available to those who don't cut the heads of their enemies and show it on video all over, to those who don't strap their children with explosive and blow them away together with people they hate, to those who don't yell "For Almighty God" before killing innocent people and to those who don't treat women like they are just pets at home.