Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mass destruction by tiny foe

leliel_angel_of_the_night

Imagine an object 4inches in diameter headed towards Antarctica. Nothing to worry about right. Even a 3 to 4 kilogram meteorite would easily be burnt upon entry to the atmosphere. Now try to imagine the object travelling at 95% the speed of light. Due to the enormous velocity the effective mass of this tiny object would be more like 4.02 times 20 squared to the 10th. Upon impact the entire of Antarctica would evaporate causing sea levels to rise dramtically resulting in huge areas of land near the ocean disappearing and billions of lives being be lost. Not to mention the planet would be shunted of it's normal axis resulting in climate change which would continue to wreak havoc on an already chaotic time.

Now I'd love to know if anyone can come up with a counter-measure to this looming threat cause I sure can't.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leliel_angel_of_the_night

• shun

• Waspie_Dwarf

• maulgak

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine an object 4inches in diameter headed towards Antarctica. Nothing to worry about right. Even a 3 to 4 kilogram meteorite would easily be burnt upon entry to the atmosphere. Now try to imagine the object travelling at 95% the speed of light. Due to the enormous velocity the effective mass of this tiny object would be more like 4.02 times 20 squared to the 10th. Upon impact the entire of Antarctica would evaporate causing sea levels to rise dramtically resulting in huge areas of land near the ocean disappearing and billions of lives being be lost. Not to mention the planet would be shunted of it's normal axis resulting in climate change which would continue to wreak havoc on an already chaotic time.

Now I'd love to know if anyone can come up with a counter-measure to this looming threat cause I sure can't.

This object would have a minute amount of metal in it's composition. By counter acting this with an acid basedsubstance launched at exactly the right moment, you should be able to dissolve all other components of this leaving nothing more than a hunk of iron.

indeed u could but a chunk of iron travelling at close to the speed of light is still gunna hit like a b****

I'd love to know if you can come up with a scenario (excluding an extraterrestrial weapon) that enables an object to accelerated to 0.95c in the first place.