Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Queens pyramid discovered

Homer

A 4500 year old pyramid has just been discovered just outside Cairo. Egypt has so many areas where pyramids and other ancient artifacts could be hidden. Literally hundreds of square miles that have never been searched leads to the possibility of dozens or even perhaps hundreds of other pyramids or some other ancient structures yet to be discovered.

Personally I'm saddened by all the excavations that has taken place. The pyramids are one of the Wonders of the World, and I think the discoveries are very profound, but to loot and plunder them and throw as much as you can in a museum while the remains get looted and plundered by the low life scumbag Egyptians that live near the pyramids. To desecrate the sacred pyramids, in my opinion, is like raping history.

Anyways, enough ranting. The link to the recent discovery is HERE

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• Dakoda

• azazel

• SpaceyKC

Top Posters In This Topic

Homer,

Thanks for the link.  I'm always fascinated by the discoveries of ancient Egypt!  I wish they could have found out which queen it was built for.  Like you said,  maybe they will find more later.  It really is sad that they don't protect those places.

I'm always fascinated with ancient Egypt as well, along with other ancient civilizations. There is a fine line between learning as much you can about a discovery and disturbing that discovery. Unfortunately I don't have a solution for that.

There was some thread on this site discussing that a door had been located using a robotic camera deep within a pyramid and that they were going to try and send another one with an infrared camera to see under the door and see whats beyond. Any further developments. I apologize for maybe posting to the wrong thread, but since im new here, its gonna take me some time to find my way around  :o.

Pyramids are cool.

RuiD.

:su

• 2 months later...

Hi RuiD, yes I have actually read about this supposed doorway in which a little robot was to be put into. There is a reference to this corridor in Erich Von Daniken's book "Return of the Gods". He makes reference to it as the 'Gatenbrink shaft'. Back in 1993 Egyptian authorities refused to cooperate with Von Daniken and dismissed his theory about the otherside of the corridor as 'nonesense'.

Anyway, to all out there they love Egyptology, here is a great source of updated discoveries :

http://www.guardians.net/hawass/index.htm  :s02

I don't think I was around when this thread was started--too bad the article can't be displayed anymore.  :s6

Thanks for your link Azazel! Welcome to the forum by the way. :st I found the latest discovery at Giza a very appealing article. I wish it wasn't written so briefly, though.  :-/

I have to see those ruins before any more natural and mortal damage is done.  :(

And for anyone who is visiting Manhttan, I definitely recommend going to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. This is one the most amazing (in my opinion) of ancient Egyptian relics at the museum, and one of my favorites, as well. I'm sure those of you who have seen it will agree. CLICK HERE TO VIEW

Homer wrote on May 6th 2002:

Personally I'm saddened by all the excavations that has taken place

As much as I enjoyed that link <ty Dakoda> it also saddens me that so much was ripped and yes I mean that ripped from the tombs.

It upsets me......I don't like going to the British Museum for the same reason. So yes I totally agree with what Homer said.

Thanks CW,

I have been to Egypt a few times and have even been to Giza where I was awestruck by the great pyramids. Their immense size and a power you could only sense was truly awesome. Next to the pyramids at an angle that rarely makes it into a photograph is a small village. A filthy village full of scavengers who seem to be delighted by the exploitation of their own history if they can make a few dollars doing it.

Hi there Homer, I have seen this little village in Cairo you make reference to. I agree with your comments. It's unfortunate that man and greed come hand in hand.

Although the pyramids are in ruins they still cast a magical spell when one visits up close.

Dakoda, if ever I visit Manhattan, I will definitely visit this museum. It is interesting also to note that most museums now store archeological artifacts in secure storerooms or cellars.....whilst the items on display to the public are often brilliant replicas that seem real. This is not a wild conspiracy theory. I read it in "Diggings", an Australian archeolgical magazine - quite credible source..................On one of my visits to Greece I had heard this same story from the Museum curator in Sparta. It's a means of preserving the real thing from theft or further vandalism.

Well, that's a bit of dismaying news for those who come thousands of miles to have a glimpse of some replicas. :( But I guess it's one of those half fortunate circumstances, as the treasures are kept intact, but still...  :-/

Thanks azazel! :st It's not the nicest bit of news, but at least I'm aware of it now. Do you have any articles about this which could give me some insight?

azazel,

The village I'm referring to isn't actually in Cairo, it's in Giza, but it seems like you have an undestanding of what I'm talking about.

By the way, I have been to Greece as well, and it's one of my favorite European visits.