Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is heavy metal music evil.

AtlantisRises

Being an old Rock 'n' Roll drummer,I and many others were on the receiving end of the accusations from the Bible Humpers of being "Devil Worshippers".

After a gig one night,a couple of people from a local church approached me and started ranting and raving that I would go to Hell for being a Devil Worshipper and playing "his" music. I calmly looked at them and called them fools.My statement to them was "I do not believe in the "Devil",and music is music...it doesn't matter which form it's in,and no one can claim it as their own.All it is is human creativity at work,putting notes and beats together to form something that people like to hear.Just because *you* don't like one genre of music doesn't mean that you have to listen to it,nor do I have to listen to your preferred genre of music.Each of us are different,with different likes and dislikes.I happen to like the genres of music that I play...but there is no deity nor demon involved with any of them as far as I'm concerned.Just because you believe there is doesn't mean that it's the truth.It's your truth,not mine.So deal...and get out of my way."

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AtlantisRises

• OlDrippy34

• __Kratos__

• Anukis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No music is evil and anyone who thinks so is buying into evangelical propaganda. Sure some music might suck really bad to you but it's not evil.

No music is evil and anyone who thinks so is buying into evangelical propaganda. Sure some music might suck really bad to you but it's not evil.

agreed!!!

Music can help progogate emotions/feelings/tendencies, but these have to be there to begin with. Just because I listen to a rap song, doesn't mean I'm going to go out into the "hood" and gun someone down. The same holds true that if I listen to Nirvana, it doesn't mean I wanna slit my wrists...

People who are already disturbed, especially teens and adolescents, should have the parental guidence to stay away from things that are going to propogate these feelings... You wouldn't let your 12 year old with a history of depression watch a movie glamourizing suidicide would you?

I don't blame parents, but in reality, if you are involved and know what your kid is feeling/interested in, you can curb such tendencies before they get that far...

agreed!!!

Music can help progogate emotions/feelings/tendencies, but these have to be there to begin with. Just because I listen to a rap song, doesn't mean I'm going to go out into the "hood" and gun someone down. The same holds true that if I listen to Nirvana, it doesn't mean I wanna slit my wrists...

People who are already disturbed, especially teens and adolescents, should have the parental guidence to stay away from things that are going to propogate these feelings... You wouldn't let your 12 year old with a history of depression watch a movie glamourizing suidicide would you?

I don't blame parents, but in reality, if you are involved and know what your kid is feeling/interested in, you can curb such tendencies before they get that far...

Exactly....

Which is why when parents of a kid who committed suicide lost their lawsuit against Judas Preist in the 80's.

If a kid is going to kill himself after listening to a song they already had problems to begin with.

most types of music are evil :tu:

What??? :wacko: Honestly, how did you come to that conclusion? Maybe I'm missing something. Please explain.

People just have to blame problems on something. Heavy Metal, Rap, Video Games, etc.

You ever notice why they attack certain types of media over others? You don't

see polititions fighting against violent or inappropriate movies anymore...but they will attack video games. Why? Because Hollywood has the lawyers.

The same thing happened in the early days of Rock n' Roll and comic books. They where new and cool and an easy target.

did Doom and Marilyn manson cause Colimbine? No. Because every other kid in that school played Doom and listened to marliyn manson...and they didn't shoot anyone.

Edited by Cadetak47