Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do we live inside a hollow Earth ?

UM-Bot

news icon rThere are two hollow earth theories. According to the first one we live on the crust, but there is another world on the inside where lies - some say - the realm of Agartha, the home of the King of the World (see, for example, the fantasies of French philosopher René Guénon).

The second theory has it that while we think we live on the outer crust, we actually live in the interior (on a convex surface instead of a concave one).

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Guardian Unlimited Books

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• badeskov

• Fluffybunny

• Englishgent

• Me_Again

Oh the irony (I think regular posters will know what I'm talkin about) :D

At this point, I think anything is possible.

i remember max posting a topic about this. i found it very interesting..having a different idea about our earth. but it is very hard to find strong evidence to support this theory. it was like the hollow moon theory also. very hard to prove >.<. although i dont accept this theory because the evidence is so low or maybe non existing...i will give it a little possibility. well have fun discussing this topic people :)

-rice

If we had a hollow earth wouldn't it implode because of the gravity of the sun combined with Jupiter :hmm:

If we had a hollow earth wouldn't it implode because of the gravity of the sun combined with Jupiter :hmm:

ya think it would :blink: thats kinda weird :wacko:

At the end of the century the theory was revisited by cult leader Cyrus Reed Teed, who said that what we believe is the sky is a gaseous mass that fills the interior of the globe with areas of bright light (sun, moon and stars would not be heavenly bodies but visual effects).

That's exactly what they said in the "Journey to the center of the earth" book :yes:

]At the end of the century the theory was revisited by cult leader Cyrus Reed Teed, who said that what we believe is the sky is a gaseous mass that fills the interior of the globe with areas of bright light (sun, moon and stars would not be heavenly bodies but visual effects).

So Cyrus Reed Teed's saying this is a 'visual effect':

user posted image

Absurd..

Ya, Cyrus was kind of off the mark, but he was an interesting person. I live about five miles from the settlement he built in Estero, Fl. It was donated by his follower to the state. I remember seeing the last of his followers sit in a rocking chair one day while I was on tour of the settlement.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/koreshan/Photos-Park.cfm

What observations or evidence lead folks to this conclusion? Clearly this has been rebuffed by people with telescopes and a lick of common sense several times already.

At the end of the century the theory was revisited by cult leader Cyrus Reed Teed, who said that what we believe is the sky is a gaseous mass that fills the interior of the globe with areas of bright light (sun, moon and stars would not be heavenly bodies but visual effects).

Someone believed that? Really?

Why don't we just ask the astronauts what they saw when they left our atmosphere? This idea is BS, there is nothing to prove it true.

After being around so long there is bound to be something inside the Earth that would astound us. Maybe a bomb and where all going to die any second. But thinking it's hollow is silly. :no:

Ever been inside a cave ? I think that may be, what they mean by hollow. I personally love exploring caves, some have underground lakes and they don't know how far down they go :blink:

[attachmentid=27697]The Earth Hollow?............Not A Chance Poopie-Pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

just when you thought you'd heard all the best giggle inducing theories, people that thor woff the most ridiculous statements and are dead serious about it

Well, there are people that think that the earth is flat, that there is an alien base on the moon, that the moonwalks didn't happen, and that the world is run by shape-shifting lizards... So really it isn't all that far out there when you consider the other strange ideas.

The idea that planets are hollow has been around for a long time, but science is only just beginning to consider it worthy of genuine investigation.

This website sets out to prove that the Hollow Earth Theory has credible scientific merit and should not be ignored. There is a wealth of evidence surfacing today that throws our current beliefs regarding the structure of our planet into serious doubt. Our goal is to accumulate as much of this information as possible and provide it in one easy-to-access place for all.

http://www.tlonh.com/

http://www.vnn.org/editorials/ET0003/ET25-5743.html

http://www.psitalk.com/lamprecht.html

http://www.ourhollowearth.com/5thExpeditionUpdate.htm

""Was the constant of cosmology the only blunder that Einstein has ever had in his search for gravitomagnetism or is it an iceberg of the biggest blunder on Einstein equation of gravity? Why did astronomers gather circumstantial evidence that massive bodies attract light without taking into account the diffraction of light by matter (the Sun for example)? Is science an ideology, a dogma or a huge business? Are some scientists merchants of science fiction? How does it come that the old guards of relativity have not yet presented a global, coherent and falsifiable gravitomagnetism theory and at the same time continue considering themselves as experts in relativity? Are they the old guards of an immovable past or are they experts in freezing science progress? The old guards are spending huge amounts of tax payers’ money, do they know what they are looking for or are they just speculating on what might be measured? The old guards have not yet developed a falsifiable gravitomagnetism theory, how do we expect them to analyse the data? What went wrong with the mission? Is the data crashed? Should the tax payers ask the old guards to give an account on the money spent in space research? Why are the old guards scared about testing the linear vector gravity with the available data or by simulation? What is behind all this strident silence? Are the old guards of relativity stuck? Time will tell. ""

See

http://blackholethermodyn.site.voila.fr/enter.html

Edited by crystal sage

It has been prooven the earth is not hollow by observations made of the core using sonar etc. We can actually see inside the planet using various frequencies of sound waves and bounce them off the core and other layers that the Earth is consisted of.

The Earth is solid and very dense anyone who beleives otherwise is clearly not the sharpest knife in the drawer. This has been prooven scientifically and the 'hollow earth theories that have popped up over the years are bogus.

• 5 years later...

I know, I know! I just should have let this one die, and I don't want to sound like a blunt knife, however I just can't shake the idea of a hollow earth or that all planets are hollow with openings at the poles. Maybe I just find it convenient and it explains so much of the unexplained for me. I know we are told planets are solid mass, but I still can't shake the idea. We live on a convex, why not live on a concave surface. Would we notice much difference? is it a central sun which holds a planet together? What is the great northern land of old? I am definitely starting to lean towards probable.

I know, I know! I just should have let this one die, and I don't want to sound like a blunt knife, however I just can't shake the idea of a hollow earth or that all planets are hollow with openings at the poles. Maybe I just find it convenient and it explains so much of the unexplained for me. I know we are told planets are solid mass, but I still can't shake the idea. We live on a convex, why not live on a concave surface. Would we notice much difference? is it a central sun which holds a planet together? What is the great northern land of old? I am definitely starting to lean towards probable.

Holy CrapTM (a fiver to SP) That was a necropost of hitherto unseen dimensions. But since you acknowledge it yourself, please allow me to reply. The hollow Earth (or planet in general) is pretty much a dead issue. A planet has a mass that we can measure pretty accurately using different parameters. And there is simply no room for any large spaces inside. And since the there are no big "holes" anywhere on the Earth to get into the interior, I have no idea why this ridiculous idea still have legs to stand on.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Well, there are people that think that the earth is flat, that there is an alien base on the moon, that the moonwalks didn't happen, and that the world is run by shape-shifting lizards... So really it isn't all that far out there when you consider the other strange ideas.

But that is all they are....strange ideas, yet people start believing them!

If i started a web site, saying that we actually live inside a ping pong ball, and I backed up this claim by ludicrous statements explaining why, I bet there would be somebody out there who is gullible enough to believe me.

Hmmmm,,hang on,,,,,I could make some money out if this :devil:

The Earth is denser than the people who think it's hollow, and that is very dense. I think. :unsure:

But that is all they are....strange ideas, yet people start believing them!

If i started a web site, saying that we actually live inside a ping pong ball, and I backed up this claim by ludicrous statements explaining why, I bet there would be somebody out there who is gullible enough to believe me.

Hmmmm,,hang on,,,,,I could make some money out if this :devil:

Trying to recall my perspective from 6 years ago... :unsure2::P

...So a ping pong ball you say????hmmm....how can I get in on the bottom floor of this religious investment? :tu:

Can I be God red racquet?