Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Satanic Bible

Mario.........

theres only two gods ! the lord and the devil

Huh? What on earth are you babbling about? Off hand I can think of quite a few gods...hell, the Greeks alone had an entire pantheon of them :P

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• demonic presence

• chaoszerg

• Imaginary Friend

• markdohle

obviously you dont understand that Satanism really has nothing at all to do with the beliefs of Christianity... there is no point in arguing with someone who thinks they know more about my own religion then i do..... you just wont listen to anything i guess because you are stuck on your own beliefs... so whatever you can thinkk what you want.. doesnt bother me

there is no point in arguing with someone who thinks they know more about my own religion than I do - sometimes I feel like saying that about my belief also, when people try and tell me what I believe :D

Anywho, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Satanism define itself from the BIble. Not in the sense that you worship the devil, I know Satanism isn't like that. But going on the 11 commandments of LaVey, it seems to suggest that everything that Christianity stands for, you stand for the opposite. Live life to the full and if that includes breaking a few commandments then who cares, because this life is what's important.

Edited by Paranoid Android

there is no point in arguing with someone who thinks they know more about my own religion than I do - sometimes I feel like saying that about my belief also, when people try and tell me what I believe :D

Anywho, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Satanism define itself from the BIble. Not in the sense that you worship the devil, I know Satanism isn't like that. But going on the 11 commandments of LaVey, it seems to suggest that everything that Christianity stands for, you stand for the opposite. Live life to the full and if that includes breaking a few commandments then who cares, because this life is what's important.

yes, we basically stand for the opposite, but i meant in the worship beliefs of my religion we are nothing like Christianity

yes, we basically stand for the opposite, but i meant in the worship beliefs of my religion we are nothing like Christianity

Here my friend

1. Satanism is Not Part of Christianity

Satanism is a different religion to Christianity. It has almost entirely different beliefs, difference sources and a different history. Its usage of words is different to that of Christianity. Satanism is not the worship of the Christian Satan, because then Satanism would be part of Christianity. In order to believe in the Christian Satan, you have to be a Christian. Satanists are not Christians, their beliefs are different. The "Satan" of Satanism is different to the Satan of Christianity. Just like when the Christians say "prophet", they do not mean the Muhammad or Zarathustra, they mean a Christian prophet because the others are not from their own religion. When Satanists say "Satan" they do not mean the Christian Devil. Satanists do not believe that Satan fell from heaven, because that is a Christian belief. There is no heaven to fall from, no God to do battle with, no hell to fall to. These are all ideas made up and used by Christians, and are not shared by Satanism.

This can't be repeated enough. Satanism is a different religion to Christianity the same way that Islam, Buddhism and Pantheism are all different to Hinduism. They're not only different a little bit, they're simply completely different to each other. They're not comparable. You can't ask a Hindu "Why do you worship the Devil?" because it's simply inappropriate. When asking Satanists about their religion, start with finding out what they believe. Because firstly and foremost, it's not Christianity or the Christian Bible, Islam or its Koran, Hinduism or its pantheon of gods and spirits, etc.

SOURCE

• 3 months later...

Question. I have recently converted, and I'm a little lost here. I've only read a few bits and peices out of the bible myself since every time i'm in a bookstore my mom's dogging me. Any advice?

I know a guy who is a practicing Satanist and he seems very happy in his life. He doesn't kill babies, puppies or unsuspecting virgins. There are a lot of untruths out there about Satanism just like there are about my own spiritual path (Wicca and Kabbalah).

Dearest creature!!!! Buy the book! Read the book!!! But hold what is true!!!

I cant say Im a satanist but Im not a christian either ... you gain alot of knowledge through the book that will enlighten you ........ I have various satanic books (for studies that is) and the Diabolicon is one of them, how sorry I feel for poor little satan because of what the angels did to him ..... Great books!!! I recomend it ..... but just know the difference between wrong and right!!!! Also some of the things in the book are kinda ..... not so right ..... immoral if you wish but I give them credit for not killing innocent and protecting children and animals basically preserving life (unless you tick them off). Some of their ways are great but others are childish and thoughtless .... stupid.

Each to his own I suppose!!!!

~*~

I've read the satanic bible, (the link at the beginning of this thread is an excellent refresher in that regard), and I think Anton L. provided a lot of common sense points, to ponder. I take his writings to glorify no satanic being, per se, but rather imparted a philosophy of self deification. As if the self is all one has to carry through this world, and so the self is what need be honored for that. Ritualized hedonism, as it were. If it feels good, do it. (If it's not violating others rights not to participate, etc...)

However, I will say , as christians do often times, one can not say with absolute certainty and for all members, what satanism is not. I know satanists and blood sacrifice can not be said not to be part of their ritual. However, these particular practices are also not dedicated to worshiping the christian antithesis, or are not relegated to a practice that is a christian heresy, in the worship of the bible gods satanic creation, either. Contrary to popular belief, and in error at that, "satanism" is far older than that which is imagined to have began with the christians god nemesis.

As a Satanist myself, I have personally never come across any literature or dogma that has seemed the least bit disturbing to me. It all seems to be what comes naturally to most people. I have noticed that most people actually act the way that we do, but they claim that they are better. Most "Christians" that I know act far worse than I do as a Satanist. My friend that I tried talking to about it said that we are evil and sacrifice babies. I informed him of the facts and told him that I didn't like people who sacrificed their gods, either. Some people are just stupid.

• 6 months later...

This has been a very interesting discussion. I havent read the 'Satanic bible' or the Christian one. I did read a lot of 'my god/ you god' stuff in this topic and in many others.

For those who say/believe in a heaven/hell... which direction is either may I ask? When I hear 'heaven' mentioned, I hear 'up' and for 'hell' I hear 'down there'... but we're on a sphere. Down there is up there in the other direction. Our 'fear' maybe is the realization that the other side of DOWN IS UP and the other side of UP IS DOWN.

There isn't a place on this planet where you can stand and actually 'find' a true 'up/down' concept of heaven/hell. IMO anyway. The center of this Earth is fire. We wouldn't be here without it. The outside of this Earth is space and sun and moon and etc...we wouldn't be here without it.

Why is it impossible for us to be okay with them all? Why is the 'christian' way to 'convert'? If your Christian god is 'all powerful', the 'all/one source'... may I ask why you think he needs YOU to 'convert' ME? If 'he' wanted 'me' to be 'christian' specifically... I'm sure 'she' would simply wave her godly wand and *poof* I'd be so. and then poof, we'd not have our free will then either.

Anyone who steps over anyone else's belief is only on crusade to 'convert and convince' themselves. IMO.

Who are you human to convert? Or think you have rights to do so.

There's nothing wrong with the dark side - unless you fear your own shadow.

Those who want to stay on the 'pretty' side of 'religion' dont see how the Earth herself can simply 'heave hoe' and toss up a nasty ass virus, eruption, storm etc to bring about destruction for renewal. and bring us human to our knees.

Your own concepts send you on 'crusade' because you think that we all need saving else this 'christian' god sends us to 'hell'.

Well, I'd say that's not any more 'pretty' then the Earth tossing up a 'wipe the slate clean' virus.

Or the 'sun' and 'solar system' tossing us a fatty asteroid to deal with.

Survival of the fit-est = 'adaptation'. Period. I feel for those who dont know we live daily and walk on the skin of 'hell' down there. And I feel for those who only look up onto the direction of 'heaven' up there because it's the 'bottom' of some other somewhere too.

Edited by 1Storm Signals

Ever heard the saying 'The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist'? I personally find it perfectly fitting that a religion under his name isn't about him (and denies his existance, of course).

On a more serious note, Anton LaVey was very anti-Christian, you can tell by the name of his creation. I mean, now-a-days if I created a group of people named 'Osama's Fanatical Fanboys' and started preaching about flying planes into buildings, I could argue up and down that I'm not referring to THE Osama (it's a common name over there, dontcha know) but it would be pretty obvious. I mean, the Biblical Satan strives to make us shun God and focus on only ourselves, seeking immediate gratification in the present and ignoring the future. Sound familiar?

I understand that the theory and concept of Satan dates back farther than the New Testament but they go along side older names and identities. Picking the exact name of the spiritual enemy of the most prominent religion around you and then spending your days speaking out against that religion and tailoring your teachings to be the exact opposite of it doesn't leave alot of room for doubt.

Just stating my opinion, of course. It's the Satanists' beliefs and they are entitled to defining them however they want. I personally can't stomach the philosophy, as I find elevation of the self to be one of the root problems in the world today.

i would argue that the biggest problem is people not thinking for themselves, which is what satanism advocates

i would argue that the biggest problem is people not thinking for themselves, which is what satanism advocates

Satanism advocates people not thinking for themselves? :lol: I don't think that's what you meant to say.

I also feel that people not thinking is a major issue, and asking questions and seeking answers is what Christians are Biblically called to do. I do feel that there is a different between thinking for yourself and thinking about yourself.

Hello there. New member, first post.

I took about an hour to read all 8 pages of this thread. I found some of the debate to be very intellectually stimulating and found some of it to be drivel. I read a lot of religious allegory boiling down to "my god is better than your god" for whatever reasons the poster tried to list. Now I thought I would add my own 2 cents to the mix. However before I do so let me take a little bit of time to explain my religious background.

I was raised as a Christian throughout my childhood and took the religion as my own until the age of 16.

During my 16th year on this rock I met someone who claimed to be a Wiccan. I studied the craft for a few years until I became 22. Then I realized that most Wiccans are people with good intentions yet little brains. Most of them are smart people who carry on professional lives (yes there are some who run around in cloaks at night, but every group has its freaks), and try to subscribe to the philosophy of do what ye will, but harm ye none. That was the only part of Wiccanism that ever made sense to me.

While I was 16 my family sent me up state to visit with an aunt of mine. She is a practicing Zen Buddhist and has recently attained the rank of priestess. My aunt is an awesome person who understood that I was shopping religions at the time. She took me to the temple and let me ask whatever I wanted. Although I ultimately chose to not join, she respected my decision and has been a great supporter of my own personal journey on our spiritual quests.

Since my early years I have now studied Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Shinto and even Atheism. I have met people from various religions and even talked with a few who claim to be agnostic.

Here is what I have discovered:

1. The pentagram is NOT a Christian NOR Satanic symbol. It's roots lie in ancient pagan rites and ceremonies mostly associated with Solstice and crops.

2. The Cross is a Christian symbol IF Christ is on it, otherwise crosses have been used in various religions which pre-date Christianity by thousands of years.

Now that we have some basic symbology dealt with let's move on.

I have retained most of Christian views. However I do not take the bible at face value. During the times that the bible was written in most of the political power still lay in the hands of the priests. These priests had to do more than just teach a religion. They had to play as doctors, counselors, wise men and law makers. They job was multi faceted and as such the book that was ultimately compiled with their shared teachings reflects that. Note the types of food listed as safe. This was due to a lack of proper food preparation techniques and handling. The same with sexual customs. Bearing that in mind the bible is a collection of rules to live by, which is seriously outdated. Now having said that, it does contain wisdom and only a fool would not recognize it.

That being said, I do not believe that the entirety of the Holy Bible should be taken at face value. Read it, digest it, then if it fits use it. Otherwise do not. There is no reason to do what the book says if you do not understand it or have doubts about what is going on.

I have taken the time to download and start reading the Satanic Bible. I have always been curious about what is in it. To be frank I expect to find it enlightening and stupid at the same time. I find the fact that there is a religion which purports to revel in the indulgences life has to offer very tempting indeed. Yet I would be a fool if I did not read, understand and then ask to find if it fits my lifestyle and if it is something I want to spend my time with (the CoS). I expect to find some stupidity within the book because I have to find any religion which has all the answers.

What I expect to gain from the reading is a few nuggets of wisdom and perhaps even some personal insight into myself and what I am about. That is why we all are on our own religious journeys. No one can tell us the answers because their answer might not fit your question. To each is own.

I had thought originally to read the thread and maybe come across an interesting link or two to add to my growing collection. However given the broad range of metaphysical topics currently discussed and being discussed within these forums, I know I will return here again and again.

What I have learned in my journey so far:

Learn

Discover

Question

Learn

Be patient

Be understanding

Be kind

Defend yourself when needed

Other than some ancient religions I have yet to find any that openly state : Hate others and kill them for their differences.

That being said, take care and be good to one another.

I seriously doubt this book or satanism in general has ANYTHING to do with the real satan.

It is as true to satan as is christianity (or any other world religion) to real god.