Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ouija Boards

Jok3r

I was just wondering if anybody had used them or something like that. I have heard stories but have never experienced it personally. I know it is used to to contact the dead, but does it work? If you have any experiences, please tell.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• Paranormalcy

• Jok3r

• kittenish

no and i dont suggest either cause if you use onbe you culd be posesed or get your house haunted

I've never tried this, and have very little reason to want to do it haha

Ouija boards also extend their use beyond contacting the dead, because they are a focal point for people's energy....some people use them to contact spirits that exist in our plane of existence.

For instance, the famous spirit ASHTAR Supreme Commander of the Imperial fleet (true title). It sounds like poppycock to me, but lots of people are making conact with the same spirit.

haha its a little too Scientology-esque for my liking.

the thing to remember is that all you need is a focal point for your energy. A Ouija board isn't magical.....its not supernatuaral.....its just a board. However, when a group of people FOCUS energies on the same object at once (when they are all gathered around a Ouija board for example) it supposedly makes energy flow a lot easier.

Its a little too spooky for me.

I agree it does sound spooky. I have been wanting to try i but I am little afraid of what, may happen. I don't want any evil spirits in my house.....who would?

I agree it does sound spooky. I have been wanting to try i but I am little afraid of what, may happen. I don't want any evil spirits in my house.....who would?

not i, but i woundn't mind a friendly ghost like casper the friendly ghost :w00t:

I have no personal experience..but, im sure about one thing. better leave the dead alone, and dont mess with those things. These are supernatural stuff which extend our limit of understanding. We could be thinking that its a joke or that no evil spirits exist or are going to harm us, but we would be probably wrong. It's a matter of faith i guess, or you beleive in evil or you don't and think its a game :rolleyes:

If you want to use a ouija board, go ahead. Me and my sister used to mess around with homemade ouija boards all the time when we were kids. Nothing ever happened.

Think how often they use them on 'Most Haunted'. When's the last time you saw a real ghost on that programme?

i dont really believe in Luigi boards x). i think the arrow ur moving goes to the letters or answers because in ur head...u want ur question to be answered...and when that happens...ur mind forces u to move ur hands towards it...like...if ur trying to contact a spirit..and u ask.."are u here". u want a ghost to be here..so ur brain makes ur hand move to "yes". its all instincts..just a quick response of the brain to what u want to see.

If you want to use a ouija board, I say have fun. Despite what some people may tell

you, they are only toys. I'm pretty sure you can buy them at Toys R Us.

My friends and I have used them on several occassions and nothing serious has

ever happened to any of us. We just had a lot of fun.

Edited by Robert1

Some people are very serious indeed when they say they've had nasty experiences with those things. But hey, maybe they're all whackos or liars.

If I did get messages from a ouija board, I wouldn't trust them any more than I trust these magical words that come to me over the internet.

i dont really believe in Luigi boards x). i think the arrow ur moving goes to the letters or answers because in ur head...u want ur question to be answered...and when that happens...ur mind forces u to move ur hands towards it...like...if ur trying to contact a spirit..and u ask.."are u here". u want a ghost to be here..so ur brain makes ur hand move to "yes". its all instincts..just a quick response of the brain to what u want to see.

Actually, I dont think that this is true. I've used ouiji boards. Rather recently, about two weeks ago. My friend and I talk to each other while the spirit is moving the planchette from letter to letter. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to do that, but we did. It moves so slow :sleepy: . Took us an hour and forty five minutes to receive the message "The person whos spirit is stuck here" I havn't had any bad experiences with ouiji boards, which is probably why I still use them. All the spirits i've spoken to via ouiji board have been really nice. Though my friend and I did get spooked when the spirit spelt out "Danger" We had been cracking Dane Cook jokes and when the spirit (his name was Frank) was at D-A-N, we thought he was going to spell Dane Cook :rofl: Though, when we saw it was "Danger" we were immediatly quiet and asked him what he meant. We received the message "The person whos spirit is stuck here" (meaning he himself). In my opinion, you can learn a lot through these, false or real. Though I believe that they're real. :yes:

I have used the Ouija Board many times. My friends and I would always play Ouija like a couple years ago. We have had many interesting experiences and it was always fun even when things got spooky. We were touched and seen many spirits or entities, my room even became pretty paranormal. We asked if the spirit would blow out candles and it blew 2 out. Ouija Boards have always been a fun time. I have heard the horror stories but it doesn't matter to me because even if something bad did happen it wouldn't sway my opinion of the Ouija Board. I would tell you to try it and try it. Be serious and don't goof around. And have fun.

Ouija boards also extend their use beyond contacting the dead, because they are a focal point for people's energy....some people use them to contact spirits that exist in our plane of existence.

For instance, the famous spirit ASHTAR Supreme Commander of the Imperial fleet (true title). It sounds like poppycock to me, but lots of people are making conact with the same spirit.

haha its a little too Scientology-esque for my liking.

the thing to remember is that all you need is a focal point for your energy. A Ouija board isn't magical.....its not supernatuaral.....its just a board. However, when a group of people FOCUS energies on the same object at once (when they are all gathered around a Ouija board for example) it supposedly makes energy flow a lot easier.

Its a little too spooky for me.

Yep I agree with what you say Syntax. All a ouji board does is act as a focal point in bringing together group energy. With that energy a spirit can use it to comminucate. Ouji boards are one of those weird things that can vary depending on how experienced or receptive a group is as a whole. If you haven't any idea what you're doing with the spirit world or with energy then you'll either attract mishevious low level entites who want to mess around or get nothing much at all. Remember not all entites and energies are human spirit and not all spirits know english. Getting gibberish and circling around is often thought as 'rubbish' or nothing happening at all but it is, it can be group energy flowing in it's basic form or a sign of a non english or young spirit. I think the oldest spirit we ever comunicated with via ouji board was from the 14th Century, his english wasn't on par of what it is today. He used alot of unheard/outdated slang, some of the words we were able to look up and get meanings for, others not...

I would tell you to try it and try it. Be serious and don't goof around. And have fun.

Excellent post. That's very good advice.

-- i once used the ouija to contact the evil spirit "vodka" and another evil spirit 'tequila" and of course the evil spirit 'barcadi 151 "---

i would say stay away from the evil spirits--maybe get a surf-board instead ?lol

yes i have used a quija board and it does indeed seem to work, if you do decide to try it make sure you have some friends, the increased flow of energy helps, also dont worry about hauntings, well, as long as you use the correct procedures

yes i have used a quija board and it does indeed seem to work, if you do decide to try it make sure you have some friends, the increased flow of energy helps, also dont worry about hauntings, well, as long as you use the correct procedures

Correct procedures? Lol, does a guide come with it? :w00t:

I think he means the things recommended to do like say a protection prayer, ask if there's a spirit who wishes to speak to you... and always sign off goodbye. I've heard things like that a lot..

I've posted of my quija board experience in a different thread. I can't give you the link because I'm lazyy.. but I can say it freaked me out for awhile and I had nightmares of it for like a month...imagination, or fact?... I don't think we'll ever really know.

Interesting! Could you tell us more about this Ashtar being?

I did use a Ouija board as a kid, and several times. I think it also depends on who is using it as far as what you'll be capable of communication wise. Seems like those who are more prone and sensitive to the paranormal are far more capable of communication with some very powerful "spirits" or whatever they were.. :blink:

If I used it with a couple of people who didn't believe in ghosts or spirits, hardly anything would happen. or if we used it in a spot where there was no energy for it to pull from, nothing.

But in 2 of the houses where we played and with a certain friend of mine, we had that thing moving without us even putting our hands over the board. It told us to meet it in the hallway and I was like HELL NAW!! LOL!! I ran out the house. That was the last time I played with one. :hmm:

We asked if the spirit would blow out candles and it blew 2 out.

See now I don't understand why you would ask a spirit to do something which could easily be caused by a draft. Why not ask it if it would make one of the candles float around the room or make Sheriff John Bunnell's teeth whiter? Surely that would be more convincing.

Then how does your mind know what the other person's mind wants it to say? That and why have i had spirits go to no when we asked who was there and i wanted to talk to them? Many flaws lol.

I say just do what every you want, i have had no trouble with them, i have never done a protection thing and i have broken many of the "warnings"... then again i have lived with a spirit in my house my whole life so i wasnt too concerned about being haunted but still all that happened was me and my friends having some really good laughs.

See now I don't understand why you would ask a spirit to do something which could easily be caused by a draft. Why not ask it if it would make one of the candles float around the room or make Sheriff John Bunnell's teeth whiter? Surely that would be more convincing.

Spirits don't lift things or make teeth whiter. Spirits blow.

Have used them and information given to me that I found out at a later time was correct. Have always heard though to make sure when they glide over the goodbye to make sure it is from the left to the right and not backwards. That is one way if you are really in contact with a spirit they can fool you and not leave. :)