Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Global Warming

et's daddy

seems to me this global warming may not be all that bad

year-round warmer temps will mean longer growing seasons which will help to battle world hunger

seems it would also keep the trees and grass green longer, which would provider cleaner air over-all

guess it may not be as bad as its been made out to be

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• et's daddy

• Beggars

Top Posters In This Topic

seems to me this global warming may not be all that bad

year-round warmer temps will mean longer growing seasons which will help to battle world hunger

seems it would also keep the trees and grass green longer, which would provider cleaner air over-all

guess it may not be as bad as its been made out to be

Except it throws off migrations many species die, glaciers melt, droughts, so many starve, I could go on and on...Its good to see the value in things but in this case we have to make some huge changes....mosquitos is a serious concern becasue we have no immunitys to malaria....

Except it throws off migrations many species die, glaciers melt, droughts, so many starve, I could go on and on...Its good to see the value in things but in this case we have to make some huge changes....mosquitos is a serious concern becasue we have no immunitys to malaria....

Mosquitos thrive in moderately wet conditions; Maybe I misinterpreted you, but I don't see how we can have both a drought and mosquito problems. It's been very dry in my neck of the woods this year, and so far I've only been bitten by a mosquito once, whereas in normal, wetter weather it's not strange to get bitten two or three times just standing in the grass.

Mosquitos thrive in moderately wet conditions; Maybe I misinterpreted you, but I don't see how we can have both a drought and mosquito problems. It's been very dry in my neck of the woods this year, and so far I've only been bitten by a mosquito once, whereas in normal, wetter weather it's not strange to get bitten two or three times just standing in the grass.

meaning one part of the world can have droughts while another can be marshy all on the same planet.....lol I live in calif...we are starting to get mosquitos which is un heard of for us...so far ther have been reports and a few have gotten really sick but no deaths so far...we have no immunity for malaria...i should of clarified my local.... :D

Hmmm the seasons are gonna get warmer... I like that. The consequences suck, but hey, I don't think me ooor my grandchildren will be here anymore. So let's enjoy what we have, yesss

'Global Warming' isn't global! You may get temporary local warming 'benefits', but climate change will be causing detrimental effects somewhere else.

This again illustrates the real problem facing scientists, from the early days of concern they referred to "global warming", and Joe Public seemed to think we'd be going round wearing T-shirts and shorts all year round. I don't think people in Britain will finally wake up to climate change - rather than global warming - until the North Atlantic conveyor slows and stops, resulting in Britain having the same type of climate as Newfoundland.

Hmmm the seasons are gonna get warmer... I like that. The consequences suck, but hey, I don't think me ooor my grandchildren will be here anymore. So let's enjoy what we have, yesss

Like China at the moment -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/news/15082006news.shtml

Or Kenya -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/news/13082006news.shtml

or SE Asia

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/news/11082006news.shtml

Don't think these are enjoying the changes much :)