Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

reincarnation and the soul

Desmodus

soI came up with this idea a while back, its just a theory of mine, not saying its right nor wrong, i just like to think of things like this , so just to make it clear im not stating this is the way things are.

I was thinking about reincarnation, and the soul, and all that fun stuff, and i started comparing it to a computer and its operating system, the operating system being the soul and the computer being the body, in a sense, when we die, our souls are reinstalled into a new body all prior information is erased and the operating system is all that remians, all the basic things it needs to operate, so all memories and experiences ect ect are not there, excpet for vauge things that seem to pop up from time to time, like when ppl experienced memories from previous incarnations, and possibly our souls are the power source for our bodies, kinda like a spiritual battery, well that would have to be more or less everlasting, like when you take the batteries out of an object, the object is still there until you put the power into it to make it operate, until its broken beyond repair, thus it would not work at all. hrm if i think of more i might post it, just thought id put this up and see what happens, and remember its just an idea i had, im not trying to convice anyone that this is the answer to everything heh.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rassy

• Marcus Aurelius

• WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

• Soul Collector

That's a very good theory, Desmodus :) It makes alot of sense. I like the way you think !

I would say you are overly obsessed with computer terminology and tie everything in life back into it, much like people do with sex and religion.

Then again, my religion is "Student of the Force" and my patron saint is Captain James T. Kirk, so my opinion may not hold much sway with some.

Ok...jus to be smart....lol liek i siad befor what happens if a soul gets consumed....lol so every on know....lol sorry..

Other wise i love your theory....its really cool. :yes:

ok, so if your soul gets consumed, I would think it would live on somewhere wherever it gets consumed to. Speaking in computer technology, that would be like a hacker stoled something from your PC. Later, you could probably find it back on the net somewhere....hence, in the greater cosmos of life....the soul would still be out there, somewhere.

Ok so say some one ate it it would still be there right? but it would take a little bit longer to get a new body?.......lol

Hmmm, this is a really good topic and I'm m surprised there isn't alot of input. I mean, that is a really good comparison, computers and the soul/reincarnation. That's a refreshing way of thinking abt things, I daresay. I know human or brain function have been compared in the way before, but I have never heard of it being compared like this. Objective thinking in this way sometimes helps in figuring out some answers to questions we might have at times.

• 2 years later...

the matrix concept is like what we have in our real life...we will return to the source when we

die...much like the matrix the one(neo) responsibilities is to return to the matrix to dessiminate

the experience he had after that the one will again choose from different persona to gain another information

and go back again...

life is a cylce if we ceast to exist there is no sense that the universe is created...

its like a game(RPG) in pc, ps, etc when you input cheats you may be bored at the end

because there is no more thrill in the play...much like what we have in our life cycle...we choose to

trace the path of a advantorous way to gain experience...if we know the end what is the sense we will get bored,

we refresh our self to make another scenario that will make us more whole....

I like your comparaison. I'm sure it is something like that. I've always been interested into that stuff. I even dared once consult a hypnotherapist to undergo a past life regression. From what I told, I was german in my past life during the second world war, and I died from being headshot. Strangely, I have a big birth scar on the scalp, and my great grand-father was german... Maybe all that I said under hypnose was out of dream , and theses are just concidences, but still I can't help believing in reincarnation.

its like a game(RPG) in pc, ps, etc when you input cheats you may be bored at the end

because there is no more thrill in the play...much like what we have in our life cycle...we choose to

trace the path of a advantorous way to gain experience...if we know the end what is the sense we will get bored,

we refresh our self to make another scenario that will make us more whole....

So life is one big game of WoW? :D

Not a bad way of putting it. Essentially, I think you have a lot of the finer points correctly. As a gnostic, I firmly believe in reincarnation.

its just a play, hehe

Agreed and, You and me and Brahmah are the actors,

Take< 147, Roll em!

But,

Love Omnaka

soI came up with this idea a while back, its just a theory of mine, not saying its right nor wrong, i just like to think of things like this , so just to make it clear im not stating this is the way things are.

I was thinking about reincarnation, and the soul, and all that fun stuff, and i started comparing it to a computer and its operating system, the operating system being the soul and the computer being the body, in a sense, when we die, our souls are reinstalled into a new body all prior information is erased and the operating system is all that remians, all the basic things it needs to operate, so all memories and experiences ect ect are not there, excpet for vauge things that seem to pop up from time to time, like when ppl experienced memories from previous incarnations, and possibly our souls are the power source for our bodies, kinda like a spiritual battery, well that would have to be more or less everlasting, like when you take the batteries out of an object, the object is still there until you put the power into it to make it operate, until its broken beyond repair, thus it would not work at all. hrm if i think of more i might post it, just thought id put this up and see what happens, and remember its just an idea i had, im not trying to convice anyone that this is the answer to everything heh.

But with your logic I can also say that Reincarnation is false (Though, I pesonally believe in it.)

"Just as the embodied soul experiences change of body, such as childhood, adulthood, and old age, so similarly will it acquire another body after death. The wise are not deluded about this."

-Bhagavad Gita

"Just as the embodied soul experiences change of body, such as childhood, adulthood, and old age, so similarly will it acquire another body after death. The wise are not deluded about this."

-Bhagavad Gita

Im gonna be a brunette with brown eyes next time! :yes: Im tired of blonde with green....

Im gonna be a brunette with brown eyes next time! :yes: Im tired of blonde with green....

.....oh, I dk, I like blonds lol

Considering that she is an ardent Christian I don't think being blonde with green eyes won't have that much merit... Ooops. Julie Strain is an ardent Christian too so you never know. :D

Considering that she is an ardent Christian I don't think being blonde with green eyes won't have that much merit... Ooops. Julie Strain is an ardent Christian too so you never know. :D

Hey!!! ... Im not julie Strain.... :blush: Ardent "spiritual" Christian , yes..... :yes:

Yeah Yeah, everyone want's to be Aniaca :wub:

Love Omnaka